My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Too late; everything is already bought or on order.
Oh. I was going to say having had glass doors and shower curtains, I much prefer curtains- cloth liner and throw it in the washer monthly on gentle cycle to freshen up the liner.
And, I replaced my cast iron tub with an American Standard Americast and love it, it holds heat longer than the cast iron. In case any wiggle room comes up.

tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom I think that Banjo is the only one who can andwer what you typed and get it right.:lol: I think I would come up with something like tabby turtles taking Peter Piper out for peppers took home a peck of tickles. :headscratch:
Tickles? That's creative to get a peck of them! They are hard to catch! Harder than a falling star that goes in your pocket!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That is the cutest curtain! Banjo really does get around. I love the kitten foot too.

pearl99 pearl99 Banjo is pleased you liked her prose.
I want one too! Lol Banjo curtain.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Never stop dreaming. Dreams can lead us to action. People buy buses of all sizes and even box trucks to re make into an RV and it can be far less than the luxury RV motorhomes. Doing much of the basics can save a lot! Small pull behind typecamper trailers can be had if only one or two people are traveling. A good truck to pull it and you’re all set. There are tear drop campers , pop up campers and van campers and everything in between that and buses. Tiny houses are mobile now and can be more like a permanent home. As long as you don’t mind tiny. Lol Those are really nice these days. However, I hood out for something that will hold more kitties and people. I dare to dream. If I didn’t, Banjo and family would not be here. If I didn’t Banjo would not be teaching us new things about cat health. Always keep dreaming but also, work towards your dreams. Sometimes we find a way if we just keep trying.;)

Thanks about the strawberries. My Dad actually told me about that one. I had sent him some from a farm that are organic so his are safe.
Also, I called Jif! (I don’t give up easily.lol) I had read about a processing plant in Kentucky being the issue but the company tells me that are not sure yet. They are getting resources changed and hope to be back on the shelves soon but cannot say when that will be. They are sending me lots of coupons for future use. They confirmed that I did have three jars of the bad stuff. They suggested disposing of it in a way that it cannot reach other animals. :dunno: Not sure what that would be! Dilute with cayenne? Mix well with dirt before tossing in the trash? Anyway, they are very apologetic and dismayed that this happened. Working on tracking down the source. For now, I like that recipe idea! I do have three jars of uncontaminated that were purchased before the problem. Yay! Time to get what I need to make my own!

N NY cat man Ummmm. I have some skills. Not sure I could convert a bus. Think you could help me online? Lol Group effort!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have checked out the Trasit. Love thise! Sarah’s Ford conversion van is still here. Needs work but the back seat pulls out into a bed and we often camped out in it. Has a TV, CB and VCR. Lol If we has a pull behind with a bath, maybe…….
Check this out! Everyone! With rescues!

N NY cat man I know you’re going to be very busy. Lol Big tub! Cast iron and upstairs. Unh! Lol Get help! I bet it will be gorgeous!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That is my usual wake up call. By many! Lol Mackie usually leads the wake up calls. Lol

Margot Lane Margot Lane I think a converted bus would be awesome! Cats on the outside as a welcome to all. Cat mural. Banjo driving, of course!

tabbytom tabbytom That’s it! That’s the catbus! :bunnydance::woo:Hello Kitties! Double decker Purrfect!! If only….. maybe we could find a sponsee to help us build. I have paid in enough to Purina over a lifetime to buy one. Or two. Lol Banjo as spokescat!! Clowder as spokescats. As long as Banjo doesn’t get caught speeding, we’d be fine.

pearl99 pearl99 If anyone can pack a peck of tickles, I would guess Banjo. I try to keep stars in my pocket but they burn holes! I must leave a trail of them like breadcrumbs. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post time? I mopped. Picked everything up and put it on the sofa.

06DA8D32-B7FB-4C13-B599-78729246C628.jpeg

She put EvERYTHING on the sofa!!
23FD6A2F-1530-40FB-8887-ABE63CCE0F45.jpeg

Everything!
CD5DAC43-72D4-44F6-BF58-D429129A501F.jpeg

We are mopping again?
B1B4DB86-79F9-4004-934F-2293EDD95033.jpeg

I’ll stay in the sofa pile.
9BFDDA1D-D358-4674-81F6-10E519AAE482.jpeg

If you move, I call dibs on your spot!
59D0044D-77C9-45F1-9232-3F9F3EBF25A8.jpeg

Pile of blankets over sofa back. Yep! Move Muffin!!
CDFDEE21-CA73-4D53-9A27-217BAF201ADC.jpeg

Wet. Ugh.
3D7A0D2C-8275-49C2-9DBD-66533B7988F4.jpeg

That’s why I have puppy pads.My paws are all dry now!
FC99F263-DD27-4F70-8090-E203EB1504C5.jpeg

You are going to clean that up hooman?
25619D65-17F8-4AA7-B968-BB6D118661E3.jpeg

Yes mistress! Lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(Oh, wait, I don't have a rail for it.)
Two words. Tension Rod. Works like a charm. And I know my charms!

I bet Hekitty has more upper body strength than a woodchuck!
She certainly should! She uses me as a punching bag, regularly!

This is my shower curtain:
1654062679125.png

Blue and green towels, and black washcloths.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That’s it! That’s the catbus! :bunnydance::woo:Hello Kitties! Double decker Purrfect!! If only….. maybe we could find a sponsee to help us build. I have paid in enough to Purina over a lifetime to buy one. Or two. Lol Banjo as spokescat!! Clowder as spokescats. As long as Banjo doesn’t get caught speeding, we’d be fine.
I'm sure all the kitties here at Catsite is willing to build the bus. Banjo is the foreman and I think they can build the bus in no time and Banjo can test drive the catbus before approving it road worthy.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I love your curtain :heartshape:
While searching I came across several nifty ones.
20220601_013949.jpg 20220531_184518.jpg 20220531_184600.jpg 20220531_202004.jpg 20220531_180728.jpg This is the one I chose for our upstairs bathroom 20220531_180801.jpg Gypsy said she took Banjos advice to use makeup to cover her white markings and disguise herself for her meowdling jobs since she hates the purrparazzi 20220531_201936.jpg
This is the one I chose for our basement shower stall 20220601_013615.jpg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. I was going to say having had glass doors and shower curtains, I much prefer curtains- cloth liner and throw it in the washer monthly on gentle cycle to freshen up the liner.
And, I replaced my cast iron tub with an American Standard Americast and love it, it holds heat longer than the cast iron. In case any wiggle room comes up.

Tickles? That's creative to get a peck of them! They are hard to catch! Harder than a falling star that goes in your pocket!
That's the tub we got, as it is the only cast iron tub available in a 54 inch length. No one else makes one. At all.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving all the shower curtains, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 and yes, I forgot about tension rods, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ! Your curtain and color scheme are wonderful. Tension rod would be perfect for the job.
I move we appoint Big Mackie to be the job foreman on the Catbus project. He looks extremely knowledgeable and capable. Besides, he's big. And size matters, they say. A cat tent while your devoted servant cleans, Chez Catbird clowder? Sounds like a lot of fun.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
“And if you will look to your right ladies and gentleman, you will see the American House Cat Mewseum!”
Thanks for the video. I loved all the cat clocks especially "The Black Cat" who resembles Bonnie. :dancingblackcat: What a unique idea to have a museum that represents everything cat. :bluepaw: I wonder if there aren't more cat museums in the states or in other countries.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@rubysmama You know I had to type carefully to get those done. Lol Funny but autocorrect did not correct me. I tongue tied autocorrect! :bunnydance::banana2::lol:
You are correct that they are two of the newer arrivals. Those two cuties are Marcus Trax in the forefront and Surely in the back. They do not understand tongue twisters. Lol Note the ears and question mark tails. Maybe not so tickled tabbies? Lol

N NY cat man The flowers are amazing. If the Widows tears are like the tradescantia then it will be pushing in the neighbors soon. Lol The black Snakeroot has very pretty foliage. It’s always nice to have a survivor of at least one! Hopefully the Sea Holly keeps growing strong. Can’t wait for the Clematis!

tabbytom tabbytom I think that Banjo is the only one who can andwer what you typed and get it right.:lol: I think I would come up with something like tabby turtles taking Peter Piper out for peppers took home a peck of tickles. :headscratch:

Banjo!!!!!!!!!

neely neely It’s great that your vets reached out for help for your doggie. I know UC Davis is another great one. Right now we must wait but I wish I could just scoop all the kitties up to head your way. Double decker or super camper convoy! I can just imagine Banjo standing at the front of the bus with a microphone in her hand , er, paw to point out all the attractions along the way, “And if you will look to your right ladies and gentleman, you will see the American House Cat Mewseum!” Look closely and you’ll see a cat Banjo and:chessirecat:!!! Lol
I think she would do her research to provide a great tour experience as we made our way to pick up other members in that state and proceeded up the coast and fur ther.
The bathroom in the Mewseum made me laugh.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Coming your way! I bet Hekitty has more upper body strength than a woodchuck! lol How many woodchucks could she chuck? Is that where the term , up chuck nahhhh. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A feline Flotilla to disembark, disemmeow from the bus to continue our adventure. We have a lot of places to cover and a lot of members to meet fur to fur!
In case you didn’t see it, the cats are, Marcus Trax in front and Surely behind him. It is thought that Marcus is somehow related to BJ.
We are very careful of slitted sheets as paws can find feet through slitted sheets. Lol

@rubysmama Beautiful deck decorating! Nice recycling idea too!

Heh. Just when I thought I was cat Ching up…. Let me hit reply and start again on this page! Lol
Hoping the Museum of the House Cat will be able to open sometime...as the pandemic shows no signs of slowing and too many are ignoring that fact, it may have to be open in a limited way. Some of the cats in there are familiar...but many are not! It would indeed be great to take the Catbus Flotilla there and disenmeow carefully to visit. All of us at TCS at one time! Dr. would be overwhelmed, wouldn't he?
Ah, Marcus and BJ, related? And surely that IS Surely! Looking very well.

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am on a limited income but have managed to rescue and rehome 32 cats. I ask everyone I meet if they know anyone who will give a fur ever home. The vet, the post man, the grocer, my doctor, nurse, tax preparer and contact every rescue group in this state and those nearby. I still have more to go but getting there.

These cats were being shot, burned, tortured and abuse. I gained their trust, started feeding them and one by one brought them in to calm them for adoption and vet care. It is a long and pricey process but some shelters offer discount vet services, spay/neuter and immunization. Go online. Network!

Many pet food and pet supply companies will send you coupons if you contact them. I called. DON'T give up. If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero! Try to get them homes. I am still trying to get some Savannah cats, a Blue Smoke, Calico, Marbled Tabby, Gold tabbies, Grey tabbies etc. adopted. I won't give up either. 32 have been saved I am amazed but it tells me the possibility to get all adopted is there. Don't give up! Kitty Kudos to you! Look around you. Someone you cross paths with is looking for a nice kitty. Maybe someone on this site!!!

Do not listen to negative comments. You are doing the right thing. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. I rarely have time to post but wanted to reply to all of you. Keep your chin up.
Jcatbird, have you brought in any total ferals inside your home before taming them? And how long for the kitties to warm up to you? What was the first sign of progress?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Anyone can chip in to help this member as she's trying to trap this cat which she loves very much and she has moved some two hours away and even built a catio ready for the cat. She has to drive one way for two hours and that's 4 hours up and down just to try to trap the cat and bring it back with her and she has been trying for a long time.

I think it's very taxing for her to do this and each time she fail to capture this cat, she is very sad and have been crying. I hope someone can help her.

page-26

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Jcatbird Jcatbird . Dare to dream. The magic word is DARE. Too often we shelf ideas either saying we will do it one day or just give up on it all together. I need to hold on to my dreams and continuing to DARE to dream. :cloud9: So, I am going on The Price Is Right to win that Winnebago!!! YAY!!! Dreams really do come true. :lol: Hmmm, now what are my chances of making it to the final showcase round and they actually have a show cases with a Winnebago in it? Never mind I just pack some good luck charms.🍀🍀🍀🧲🧲🧲 I'm good.🤣😂🤣

Nah, I am just kidding. I will look more into bus conversions. I just thought we all could use a good laugh. I am glad the Jif PB company gave you a lot of coupons. I am really, really glad you didn't open those bad batches. I am not sure how you properly dispose of them, so they are no danger to the animals. I guess the cayenne idea is worth a try. I hope the plant gets back to producing the PB soon, but for now you can try the PB recipes when you run out of the other PB. Let me know how it turns out.

Well take care Jcatbird Jcatbird and everyone here. Hope all is well. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.