Let's see your cat decor

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is where Noodles is :rbheart: so I moved a lot of my cat stuff here. My grandpa made the cabinet these are inside. The orange cat on the left a was made by a TCSer years ago. The yellow mouse is Mooch’s favorite but I put it up because she doesn’t play like that anymore.
345AA743-2B4A-4054-A08F-206E0416E84E.jpeg

This was a secret Santa gift from a TCSer
481917D2-6293-41DE-88A5-558646F7CA91.jpeg

My phone/kindle stand. 💜
DF38EB47-BC14-4597-B5E4-52663A21AD2E.jpeg

3F9535AB-8891-450D-84C5-062EDB7B5E45.jpeg
Y
These realistic cats were a gift years ago. I do not know what they were made of and I’m not asking because they told me there was a third and their dog went after it…
0D3DF4D9-378A-4CD5-ABBD-AB3AF5982ED4.jpeg
68BAA22E-FB81-4D4B-A9BF-4A1777664558.jpeg
A1DFCE22-4858-49F6-A5BF-68A7BE4F51B9.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's my collection.

The 3 little cats I've had since I was a kid. The little white one had a mishap many years ago, but my Mom repaired it for me, and I still have it. The larger one was a recent gift from someone who found it at a thrift store.
IMG_3062.jpg

These are also ones I've had a long time.
IMG_3065.jpg

This one I've had a fairly long time too. It has a rather indignant expression, which just gets even more so at Christmas time when I stick a Santa hat on him. :lol: The plaque was a gift the Christmas after I adopted Ruby.
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg

This is a fairly recent addition, and one I found at an estate sale. The older man who was selling it, really cherished it, and I promised I would cherish it just as much, and I do.
IMG_3060.jpg

It's pretty life size, as you can see by the pic with Ruby.
IMG_8080.jpg

These I love, and were purrfect for my decor. I found the first one at a Winners, then had to go to every other location in the city hoping to find a 2nd one, which I did.
IMG_3061.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have several, of course, as most of us do. I particularly cherish these first two. My mom, who passed away three years ago at 95, created hooked rugs using strips cut from old wool clothing. When she died, I brought home a dozen or so of them including two she made of her cat, Snippet, aka Snipper. They’re hanging on the wall.
C27F5911-B1E7-4942-B72C-2F2FD0BE898F.jpeg

A6003448-C987-4CDE-BAEF-39E7ACC58FF4.jpeg

And then I have a few more of which I’m very fond. I bought this next one at an arts fair in Columbus, Ohio, in the ‘70s.
FF60E877-A9E4-4E55-A6AC-F7A733CCE2BA.jpeg

And a friend and coworker gave this one to me. I like the colors and the design.
6DF661F2-E5F8-49B1-8ED1-81E460A463A5.jpeg
And finally, I have these nesting cats with the little mouse on the far left.
69097FB2-12AE-44F6-8994-F5E6A73964CE.jpeg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You have gorgeous kitty things!

Here are some of our kitty items that are out in the WeShed.
When I left my college internship, the guys there gave me the picture.
ShedCatOne.jpg

They also give me this fishing kitty. That's Pete the Parrot in the lower shelf. Bob found him somewhere, brought him into work and I promptly took him. Then I said that possession is 90% of the law and I didn't see Pete going back to Bob's office any time soon. He spent the rest of his days in my office. When I retired, I did try to give him back. At that point, I'd had him for a good 10-11 years and Bob said he belonged to me. Yay!
ShedCatTwo.jpg

The little kitty in front of Alice in Wonderland wears glasses and is holding a book. My sister found it and said it was purrfect for me! Mother Dragon found the bookends and she said she thought of me right away.
ShedCatThree.jpg

Our son gave this to me when I graduated from college.
ShedCatFour.jpg

Wine bottles from Germany. I also have a white one and a pink one, but I can't find them. They're in the basement in a box. The wine was horrible, but the bottles are neat. Carol/LaRussa gave me the kitty pitcher and mugs many years ago for Christmas. I really miss her.
ShedCatFive.jpg

This is our old RugCat clan. I miss those kids every day. One of the best things I've ever seen in my life is a kitty clump. We had all six of them clumped together on the bed. I took the clumps for granted. But the kids we have now don't clump and I often think of our old clan and how they all clumped together.
ShedCatSix.jpg

I'll post some things from the house tomorrow.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're covered with material. Cotton maybe. :dunno:
Ah ok it almost looks like a resin/porcelain on my phone that’s why I asked. I got to visit a Hobby Lobby and discovered their little cat section and could have left with it all. HomeGoods has had cute cat towels. I’m not trying to fill my house with cat stuff; some is just too cute and functions for my needs. :lol:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I have way more cat paraphernalia than I thought! :lol: Here are a few.

This one was given to me by an elderly relative when I admired it. They couldn't remember where they got it, they just knew that they'd had it forever. It's pretty beat up but I like it.
IMG_2480.jpeg
I've bought a Zuni stone fetish carving for each kitty that I've lost over the years. The tiny ceramic one in front was given to me by a friend.
IMG_2482.jpeg

I brought this papier-mâché beauty back from a trip to Barcelona.
IMG_2485.jpeg

This one was made by an artist/welder friend.
IMG_2486.jpeg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some cat stuff in the house.....

My dad made the paper towel holder. When the black paint starts to wear off, I just re-spray.
HouseCatOne.jpg

HouseCatTwo.jpg

It's really a cheese board, but way too pretty to use!
HouseCatThree.jpg

A print of Love Eyes by Catmandrew. I got it when we had Banshee, but it also fits Mollipop.
HCFour.jpg

Bob found this at a yard sale and said it was meant for me.
HCFive.jpg

One of the light switches in the living room.
HCSix.jpg

HCSeven.jpg

HCEight.jpg

Rick gave this to me when Da Pumpkin-Boy died. He was an orange baby. The title of the print is "Guardian Angels Never Sleep". Pumpkin died in the middle of the night. The vet was here and put him to sleep while he and I were lying on the bed.
HCNine.jpg

A Charles Wysocki print. Rick was in the shop, having this framed when he saw the Guardian Angels print above. One look and he knew it was meant for us. (When the people at the shop finished the print, they called Rick and told him it was finished. But they asked him to wait a week (or longer!) before picking it up. It was in their front window.
HCTen.jpg

The kitties in the picture are Banshee and BooBoo. Best friends forever. When Banshee passed, it took Boo about six weeks to get over her death. They were good buddies.
HCEleven.jpg

HCTwelve.jpg

John, a co-worker, was given these magnets. He saw them and said, "Pam!" And they're on the side of our fridge. (We have stainless steel fridge, so nothing sticks to the front.)
HCThirteen.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I brought this papier-mâché beauty back from a trip to Barcelona.
Wow! Papier-mâché! That’s so cool. I’m afraid I would have crushed it on the trip home. It looks fragile.

I love your practice of getting the Zuni stone carvings in remembrance of your beloved kitties. I may have to borrow that idea. :redheartpump:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow! Papier-mâché! That’s so cool. I’m afraid I would have crushed it on the trip home. It looks fragile.

I love your practice of getting the Zuni stone carvings in remembrance of your beloved kitties. I may have to borrow that idea. :redheartpump:
It is fragile. It’s a minor miracle that I got it back in one piece! The Zuni fetishes are nice mementos. :rbheart: