What's going on with me

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Except that there are other posts in this thread that don't pertain to Demi getting out and running away - hence the subject title, What's Going On With Me. I think it's up to M maggiedemi if she wants to start a new thread in the SOS forum or maybe a good compromise would be for her to read other members' posts there and ask a question if she feels comfortable. Either way I hope she has luck trapping Demi and bringing him home safely. :crossfingers:
Agree this thread is not really all about Demi

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe this thread should be moved to SOS -
Not trying to speak for JamesCalifornia but I assumed just the pertinent posts of the thread was what was meant.

In any case, hopefully in the meantime Demi has decided to enter the trap of whatever variety and this episode will be done--keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 🙏👍

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather not have my posts moved. I have very bad anxiety. Demi is alive. He came back tonight. We had to feed him outside the trap tonight though. He just won't go back in it. Poor little angel looked so hungry. He stayed and ate for quite a while. Runs away if we get near him, so we let him eat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We caught a huge raccoon in the trap last night. So much for everybody telling me I wouldn't catch wildlife! I knew we would. Dad released it, but he was very angry. I gave the neighbors full control of the trap, but I don't know if dad will let them continue now. They saw Demi sitting out there, so they put on gloves and came over to try to catch him. But he ran away, like I knew he would. Bless them for trying though!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blew it. Demi let Dad pet him. Then he grabbed him and came running towards the house. But I didn't get the door open in time and he got away. I'll never forgive myself. Seconds mattered and I blew it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Demi let Dad pet him. Then he grabbed him and came running towards the house. But I didn't get the door open in time and he got away. I'll never forgive myself. Seconds mattered and I blew it.
Please don't blame yourself. Good for Demi to let your dad pet him. Obviously he trusts your dad and hopefully you'll get a another chance. You're doing everything you can so try to be patient and maybe next time you'll succeed. :crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are putting the trap away. We caught a Racoon & a Skunk. So much for everybody telling me that I wouldn't catch wildlife. I knew we would. This is deep forest. People just don't understand. And people are saying Demi is afraid out here and me and dad aren't doing enough to help him. That's a load of baloney. He loves it out there! He is not afraid. He is running around with a smile on his face, enjoying torturing his mother. I begged him to come to me and told him how much I loved him. He looked me in the eye & walked away! Fine. If he doesn't want me, then I don't want him!!!! I don't understand how he can treat me that way after all I've done for him. Fine, he can live outdoors alone and be Dad's outdoor cat! I'm done! I can't sleep & I'm losing so much weight. I'm done.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it was you muffy muffy ,Somebody was reassuring me that I wouldn't catch anything but Demi. They posted that in all their 15 years of cat trapping, they never caught a single animal besides cats. I knew that wouldn't be the case here. This is deep forest. Dad was furious that he had to release them. But luckily the skunk didn't spray him. Demi was out there around noon sitting on his big rock. The little stinkpot. He hung out with dad for a while, but wouldn't let him get close enough to grab him again.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it was you muffy muffy ,Somebody was reassuring me that I wouldn't catch anything but Demi. They posted that in all their 15 years of cat trapping, they never caught a single animal besides cats. I knew that wouldn't be the case here.
Yes, that was me. I did not say you would not catch any wild life. I said that in the years I trapped I never caught any. I don't usually offer advice because I've been told I'm stupid. From now on I'll leave that to the experts here in the feral section. Are both of your cats feral? How did you get them?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that was me. I did not say you would not catch any wild life. I said that in the years I trapped I never caught any. I don't usually offer advice because I've been told I'm stupid. From now on I'll leave that to the experts here in the feral section. Are both of your cats feral? How did you get them?
Definitely not stupid, muffy muffy , just trying to help and offer encouragement.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't live in a wooded area and I've caught wildlife. It's bound to happen at times. I'm glad I never trapped a skunk.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said that in the years I trapped I never caught any. I don't usually offer advice because I've been told I'm stupid. From now on I'll leave that to the experts here in the feral section. Are both of your cats feral? How did you get them?
You're certainly not stupid, and I consider you my friend. Several people convinced me to buy the trap saying they never caught anything but cats. Dad was furious when I caught the raccoon & skunk. He just isn't well enough to mess around with wildlife. So I had to give up on the trap. One of my friends on Facebook blocked me when I posted that I was not going to use the trap anymore. Oh well, dad & I are not well enough to release the wildlife that we would catch. Plus Demi won't go in the trap anyway, he's too smart.

Today:
Couldn't find a lunch date, so went alone. It was a mistake to go grocery shopping in the rain, got soaked. Went for a calzone. They were so nice, closed the door so I could warm up & dry off. When I asked for a free cup of water, they gave me their expensive bottled water for free. Found some Butterscotch Latte at Ollie's. Stopped by mom's & she gave me 2 shirts. Dad hung out with Demi twice, but couldn't catch him.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratualations!
Thank you!

We got our miracle!!! Dad locked Maggie up & propped open all the doors. He brought Demi out some food & grabbed him, then came booking it for the door faster than the speed of light, and I pulled them both inside & slammed the door shut. It's over!! Demi has scratches on his face & a sore on his neck. Do you think some animal did it or briars?

Demi has round red circle wounds, one on each side of his neck, in identical spots. Could an animal have tried to grab him? They look really clean though, not dirty at all. Not bleeding, just red.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you got him!
Probably be a good idea to get him to the vet though. They may look clean but that doesn't mean they won't get infected, two round wounds on each side of the neck sounds like a bite...and depending on what he may have gotten into, maybe a deworming.
Be sure to give him a thorough flea and tick check.