What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that my baby has been outside. Utterly ridiculous that he won't come inside. He appears to be living underneath my brother's car in the woods. There is a trailer hitch with all mom's hoarding clutter and a tarp over it and the car. My neighbor said she saw him go under there when he ran away from her. Sure enough, he popped out from under there. Won't come to us though, and won't take food from us. Hope he's catching enough to eat in the woods. The little stinkpot. Maybe my brothers can get him this weekend when they come.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old was he when you first brought him inside? And how's Maggie doing without her buddy? Does she seem to miss him?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old was he when you first brought him inside? And how's Maggie doing without her buddy? Does she seem to miss him?
We made the mistake of letting him live outside the first year of his life. He was devastated that we made him an indoor cat. He never forgot the outdoors and cried for 8 years to go back out. Now that he got his chance, I don't know if we'll ever get him back. I hope my brothers will trap him. I miss my baby more than anything, it's hard to sleep or do anything. But I have to go on. I have so many responsibilities now. Maggie hated her brother! She used to punch him. She's enjoying being queen of the house. I told her that if her brother comes back, there are gonna be some big changes around here. That little boy is gonna be treated like a king and she better start treating him better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother bought a Havahart trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen Demi in several days. Monday I think? or Tuesday. I can't remember. One day just runs into the next without my baby. Dad has been leaving food out all night and that really scares me because it could attract predators that could kill my baby. But wouldn't I hear his cries or see blood? This ridiculous worry needs to stop. He needs to come inside away from those dang coyotes! Please pray that he's still alive and we can get him TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi is alive!!!!!!!!!

Only took an hour for him to come out to investigate the trap. He hovered around it for quite some time. He won't go in it though. Any suggestions? There's kibble in it. A rug over the top. My brother said it is supposed to rain tonight, so he didn't put a blanket over it.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi is alive!!!!!!!!!

Only took an hour for him to come out to investigate the trap. He hovered around it for quite some time. He won't go in it though. Any suggestions? There's kibble in it. A rug over the top. My brother said it is supposed to rain tonight, so he didn't put a blanket over it.
~ Put a favorite food in there. For my cats steamed chicken works. :catrub:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put a favorite food in there. For my cats steamed chicken works.
Kibble is his favorite food, it's already in there.

Update: My brother went out to check the trap. He said that Demi ate some of the kibble, tripped the trap, and got back out! That's nuts! Why didn't it catch him? He's too fast? So he reset the trap.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Kibble is his favorite food, it's already in there.

Update: My brother went out to check the trap. He said that Demi ate some of the kibble, tripped the trap, and got back out! That's nuts! Why didn't it catch him? He's too fast? So he reset the trap.
~ He now will likely not hesitate to go back inside the trap. He thinks it's a safe place to eat - like a ' Kity Cat Cafe ' :winkcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really would be best to post about this in the SOS forum where members that trap cats on a regular basis would see it.
I'm not allowed to post about it here in this thread?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady that was in charge of the s/n clinic I went to said they had a cat escape from a have-a-heart trap. But that was only 1 out of thousands of cats that escaped from that trap.

They tell you to use a smelly food like tuna and salmon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They tell you to use a smelly food like tuna and salmon.
He won't eat tuna or salmon. He will only drink the tuna juice and that's already in the trap. It didn't entice him. We are trying catnip next and maybe a drop trap.

I'll wait to see if I can keep posting about Demi in this thread. I wouldn't post in SOS, since I don't know anybody in that thread.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not allowed to post about it here in this thread?
I can't speak for AbbysMom AbbysMom but if I understood her correctly I think what she meant was you could get more help and information in the SOS section. There are more people with experience trapping cats in that forum so hopefully they could give you guidance and support to catch Demi and bring him home. I assume it's still okay to keep us updated here.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah-hah, I'm so glad he came back, I knew he would.

I wouldn't post in SOS, since I don't know anybody in that thread.
As Neely says, it doesn't matter whether you know anybody in the SOS forum, (and besides, we'll all follow you over there).

The intent of the advice is so that members with lost cat experience see and reply to your situation with Demi.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can't speak for AbbysMom AbbysMom but if I understood her correctly I think what she meant was you could get more help and information in the SOS section. There are more people with experience trapping cats in that forum so hopefully they could give you guidance and support to catch Demi and bring him home. I assume it's still okay to keep us updated here.
:yeah:

As Neely says, it doesn't matter whether you know anybody in the SOS forum, (and besides, we'll all follow you over there).

The intent of the advice is so that members with lost cat experience see and reply to your situation with Demi.
and :yeah: There are plenty of people on this site that you don’t know that have experience with this type of situation and would be able to give you help to get Demi back. If you prefer not to get more advice then don’t start a thread. :dunno: I was trying to give you the best shot at getting Demi back.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
❓🤔 Maybe this thread should be moved to SOS - if it's OK with maggiedemi
Except that there are other posts in this thread that don't pertain to Demi getting out and running away - hence the subject title, What's Going On With Me. I think it's up to M maggiedemi if she wants to start a new thread in the SOS forum or maybe a good compromise would be for her to read other members' posts there and ask a question if she feels comfortable. Either way I hope she has luck trapping Demi and bringing him home safely. :crossfingers: