What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two round wounds on each side of the neck sounds like a bite.
My brother said that Demi's wounds are from ticks. He is covered in them. Yuck! Guess the flea & tick meds didn't work. I'm just thankful that the wounds aren't from him being in an animal's mouth! That would have given me nightmares for sure!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We got Demi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just knew in my heart you would get another chance to bring Demi home. This is music to my ears! :clap2: I'm so happy for your dad, you
and, of course, Demi. :hearthrob: Maybe try giving your vet a call explaining how long he's been gone and describe the wounds. Then ask if he needs to be examined now. I assume putting him in a carrier and going to the vet this soon would stress him out even more but check with your vet. Thanks again for the wonderful update.:rbheart:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did you get both cats originally?
I got them from the woods here, totally feral.

How's your boy doing today?
He's doing okay. He lost a ton of weight, I can feel all his ribs. Stubborn little boy. I guess he's not as great of a hunter as he thought. He's eating good and drinking. He wants so much attention and petting! He's sitting behind me in my computer chair as I type. He never did that before! He hasn't sat with me since he was a baby. He's purring constantly as I pet him. He's the best little boy in the entire world & I love him more than life itself. :cloud9:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I got them from the woods here, totally feral.

He's doing okay. He lost a ton of weight, I can feel all his ribs. Stubborn little boy. I guess he's not as great of a hunter as he thought. He's eating good and drinking. He wants so much attention and petting! He's sitting behind me in my computer chair as I type. He never did that before! He hasn't sat with me since he was a baby. He's purring constantly as I pet him. He's the best little boy in the entire world & I love him more than life itself. :cloud9:
~ I have a feeling that Demi is home for good. His "great adventure " was probably not what he expected ... :catlove:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I have a permanent sign on my front door, both sides, that says “Do not let the cat out.” I don’t know if it helps, but, anyone who visits now knows, and slips in quickly. Maybe you could make him a catio, to quell his wild yearnings.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Poor little guy. Didn't know how good he had it, till he decided to try being feral again. So happy for you that he's back home again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling that Demi is home for good. His "great adventure " was probably not what he expected
Oh, he probably wouldn't hesitate to leave again if he had the chance! He loves the outdoors more than anything.

I have a permanent sign on my front door, both sides, that says “Do not let the cat out.”
There are signs on the other door, but it's a set of 2 doors, so they never escaped before. The door Demi escaped out of hadn't been opened in over 30 years! It opens right to the outdoors. My brother insisted on using it to bring in lumber and flooring. He promised never to use it again. He left it unlocked with the key in it, maybe that's why the wind blew it open. There was a chair in front of it, so it only opened a tiny bit, just enough for a little kitty to fit out of!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he is back!!!
Me too! I can't believe he was able to survive out there in the state forest with all those coyotes! They got all the neighbors' cats. They used to have a pile of cats that were Demi's friends. Their new cat is 2 years old and he isn't allowed outside at all. I went over to talk to them when Demi was missing & he is a cute little tuxedo cat! They don't shoot the coyotes anymore, they used to have men go in with guns & thin them out to keep the numbers down. Now they are protected I guess. I haven't seen a single feral or stray cat since! Demi is lucky to be alive.

My friend is picking me up at 9:30am tomorrow (Saturday). We are going for coffee, probably at Dunkin, then lunch, and shopping. She always pays for everything! One time I did pay for my coffee when I ran ahead of her! Sometimes she even pays for both my lunch & dinner!

Then Sunday I am going over to my other friend's house. I spend one day a week there, the entire day. We have coffee, then her roommate cooks us lunch, then coffee again, play with her 4 cats. I do my therapy homework over there. She gave me my own special drawer with a notebook & pen.

Tuesday I get my new female doctor, since my old one moved away. So probably blood tests. Yuck!

Wednesday is therapy and maybe lunch with my mom.

May 31st is oral surgeon to have one wisdom tooth extracted and hopefully the other tooth pulled that has been bothering me for 15 years! That same tooth I've been posting about for years! The other dentist refused to pull it! He said he couldn't legally pull it because he didn't believe me that a piece broke off it, the x-ray didn't show it. Moron! It's my tooth, I want it pulled! Maybe the oral surgeon will pull it. I'll take responsibility for it. I just want it gone finally! Medical neglect to leave me in pain for a month and a half. They said they couldn't fit me in before May 31st, even though I cried and begged them to pull it.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you sounds so well!! I love that you have friends, in therapy, and having coffee at Dunkin, and Demi is home.
It truly is a miracle. I have all my 3 best friends back from high school, and my cousins who stopped coming over when my mom's hoarding problem started. I even have my other best friend back from when I had an apartment for a few years. All the same people seem to still care about me.

I told my therapist about not leaving the house for 20 years, and now we have Dunkin & Tim Hortons. His mouth dropped open. He told me that I was amazing to be able to do so much, so fast. But I had no choice, if I wanted to keep my cats! I had to get well fast and be able to take care of myself & them, or they would have committed me to that mental hospital. That crisis lady was actually in her car on the way to get me and take my cats away, but I convinced her to turn around and give me a chance.

My friend wants to set me up with her cousin. He is more my age than the guys who typically asked me out in the past. And he's way more good looking! But he has 4 cats. That would make 6 cats if we ever got married! I struggle with the 2 I have. He has one beautiful calico one though! I want her.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend wants to set me up with her cousin. He is more my age than the guys who typically asked me out in the past. And he's way more good looking! But he has 4 cats. That would make 6 cats if we ever got married! I struggle with the 2 I have. He has one beautiful calico one though! I want her.
go for it, mags!!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend was texting with her cousin that she wants to set me up with, while I was at her house yesterday. He invited us to come over, but I didn't feel ready yet. He's a really great catch, so somebody will probably snap him up. He's building his own home, he's some type of inspector, I forget what, and he builds furniture on the side. And he has 2 calico cats!!! I asked her to text him & ask him the name of his calico cat. He replied, "Which calico? I have two." Oh lord, you guys know how I love calico & tortie cats! The pretty colors.