What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're not ready to meet him yet
I already met him! He stopped by when he saw us sitting out in her sun room (covered porch?) with the cats. But yeah, texting is a good idea. I just friend requested him on Facebook. We'll see if he accepts. I also posted under one of his calico cat pics, saying it's not fair that he has 2 calico cats, and I have none. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I see that he's been on Facebook, but he didn't answer my friend request or my post. Oh well, I tried! I don't think I'm ready for all that anyway, but then again, I wasn't ready for any of the things I had to do the past several months. We'll see what happens. But things are going pretty well overall. I've got Demi home, that's all that matters!

I went to my new doctor today. I never had a doctor that pretty before. She looks like a blonde beauty queen! She was nice. She said that I'm really healthy overall, but she wants me to gain 15 pounds. She is sending me to a nutritionist to teach me how to do the vegetarian thing the correct way.

I was reading my blood test results online. The only thing I appear to be low in is Iron. I am taking a mutivitamin that has 100% RDA of Iron, so not sure why it's low.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My iron was low after having babies. I found I didn’t absorb the plant based iron well. But I had a noticeable increase in energy the day after eating beef. Of course that doesn’t help you being vegetarian. I just mean we are all different. Too much iron is also not good so I just did my best with my doctor’s guidance and worked it out over time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard taking vitamin c alongside iron helps your body absorb it better
This multivitamin also has 100% RDA of Vitamin C! Maybe it's a crappy vitamin. It's a different one than I used to take.

But I had a noticeable increase in energy the day after eating beef.
Well that's not gonna happen for sure! :lol: But maybe I can increase leafy greens?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems kind of weird, but you can buy an iron ingot (usually shaped like a fish for some reason, but I've seen egg and leaf shapes too), and whenever you cook something (not in the microwave of course!), you pop it in and it leaches iron into the food while it cooks. Could be worth a try, at least it's easy.

If you search for "iron fish" on Amazon they have plenty to choose from.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think using cast iron pans is supposed to help too. I can’t eat too many leafy greens or my stomach gets upset. Sweet potatoes are good too but also need to be limited for me. I’m not trying liver. :lol:
I just thought of cast iron pans, too. My mother fried everything in a cast iron skillet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I will try. I'm surprised about nuts having lots of iron because I've been sampling a ton of nuts lately, but they didn't help. Maybe that multivitamin is crappy. It's a different one than I usually take. It's food based, made from greens. Maybe I should just go back to the regular type. Here's the link:
Deva Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral One Daily 90 Tabs - Swanson® (swansonvitamins.com)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you not supposed to eat the rind on Gorgonzola blue cheese? I've never been so sick in my life. I puked in my sleep & for somebody with OCD, that was the worst disaster that ever happened to me. Puke chunks in my hair, bed, clothes. Yuck! I finally got everything cleaned up, bedding washed. What can I take to settle my stomach? Will this pass through me? Sorry if TMI!
1683895425669.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What can I take to settle my stomach?
I always have a supply of Ginger Ale on hand in case I get an upset stomach or feel nauseous. You have to let it go flat and drink it at room temperature to get the gas/bubbles out. Ginger root is even better but you may not have that in the house. I don't particularly care for blue cheese so can't help there. Hope you are feeling a little better now. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger root is even better but you may not have that in the house.
I have crystallized ginger! The dried pieces with sugar on it. Would that work?