What's going on with me

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's so cold here in NY for June! I hope it warms up soon. We had a couple hot days, but that was it for the entire month.
It was cooler here too but I'm the opposite, i.e. I can't take the heat and humidity. It's warming up here this week so hopefully it will be the same in NY for you.:crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to return them? If not, maybe there's a taylor in town that could shorten them for you. Would probably be cheaper than buying all new.
No, I can't return them because I've been wearing them & washed most of them. I don't think they could be hemmed, since they are bootcut and flare out at the bottom. It probably wouldn't look right. They are from Gap & Old Navy. Sometimes they have sales where the jeans are as low as $15! I hope they have a sale like that again. I think I paid around $26 each.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I can't return them because I've been wearing them & washed most of them. I don't think they could be hemmed, since they are bootcut and flare out at the bottom. It probably wouldn't look right. They are from Gap & Old Navy. Sometimes they have sales where the jeans are as low as $15! I hope they have a sale like that again. I think I paid around $26 each.
They can be hemmed. A good seamstress would have no problem.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi hun , just passing by to see how you are doing
I'm okay. Worn out from all the housework though. Wish I had somebody to help me. Tomorrow I'm vacuuming the entire house. Then Friday Dad and I are going to coffee/lunch/shopping. Well he doesn't drink coffee anymore, but he said he might get an ice cream.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad insisted on leaving the windows cracked open on my SUV. He said everybody cracks them in the summer heat, even all night and in the rain. Well it rained for the 2 days that I didn't drive the car. Today I went out and there was water, dirt, and bugs in it. I knew I was right. My common sense told me that you shut the windows completely at night and in the rain. But he played the card- I'm the father, I'm older than you, so I know more than you about cars, everybody does this. I should have trusted my instincts. I was so worried, I brought it up 15 times. But he kept insisting everybody does it this way. He said the summer heat would ruin the car. So I believed him...Bummer.