What's going on with me

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After being an indoor cat for eight years, I imagine a huge portion of his life, he is far more accustomed to indoors than to out. While he may enjoy his outdoor time, I expect that he will return to his familiar home, food and family in a short while.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He won't come back for food. He loves the outdoors more than anything. This is his chance, he will take it, and never come back.
I understand that you know him best but please try to stay positive. We're all hoping he will show up at your doorstep or that you will see him somewhere near by. Maybe if the weather gets bad he will come home for safety since you took such good care of him. 🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's storming out, raining and thundering. He has been gone 8 hours now. I just want my baby home. This is torture. He didn't even come back for breakfast. He hasn't eaten since dinner last night.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
He won't come back. He loves the outdoors too much and he has begged to be let back out every single day for the 8 years he has been an indoor only cat. He never forgot. He knows if he comes back, he will be locked up. We will never catch him. He won't come back for food, he's a hunter. He loves other animals and he won't be careful around them. There are tons of coyotes and cars, big trucks. That's why I insisted my brother watch that side door. I begged him to be careful.
Sounds like you've given up before you even try to set a trap.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
It's storming out, raining and thundering. He has been gone 8 hours now. I just want my baby home. This is torture. He didn't even come back for breakfast. He hasn't eaten since dinner last night.
He's probably hiding very nearby and scared. Find a way to get him trapped.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's not scared. He loves the outdoors. He wants to be an outdoor cat. I can't trap him. I'm surrounded by the state forest and I would trap any of the billion other animals in the woods.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi
I’ve had a cat that lived outside in a feral colony and was trapped because he was sick and then after recuperating brought indoors at my moms to live. He tried to get out all the time, one time the screen door wasn’t shut properly and he escaped. A day later we saw him close by in the shrubbery and were able to lure him in a trap with Kentucky fried chicken a few days later! My mom lived, like you, by a busy road and also had coyotes and bears and other wildlife. So please don’t give up on Demi. yes you might catch other wildlife in the trap like we did. But give the trap a chance.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be doing the trap. It will just attract wild animals possibly even bears that would kill Demi and I would just end up trapping skunks, racoons, squirrels, etc. It would be a waste of time. Demi will not eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. He hates human food and is not food motivated. He would rather hunt. This is a dream come true for him and he'll never come back by choice. I'll have to try to grab him if I ever see his cute little face again.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be doing the trap. It will just attract wild animals possibly even bears that would kill Demi and I would just end up trapping skunks, racoons, squirrels, etc. It would be a waste of time. Demi will not eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. He hates human food and is not food motivated. He would rather hunt. This is a dream come true for him and he'll never come back by choice. I'll have to try to grab him if I ever see his cute little face again.y stared
Please reconsider. When I trapped my colony it took me over 2 years to get them all and never once did I ever catch anything but cats. I had plenty of possums, racoons and squirrels in my yard because I also fed them but they never bothered with the traps. My cats never ate human food either but they would go after the tuna in the traps. Don't ever give up hope that he will come back.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I can't do the trap thing. It will attract wildlife and bears. I live in the forest. He'll just have to come home. My neighbors were out looking for him today and calling his name. I cried so hard at their kindness. I'm just not well enough to do much, but I'm trying my hardest to bring him home. His microchip company sent out a missing poster with his picture on it. They sent it to so many people that even my friend 30 minutes away got the email and mentioned it to me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 3 without my baby Demi. 😢

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's never here anymore, I haven't spoken to her in forever. I think a coyote got Demi. I told the neighbors that he might come over to visit their cat that used to be his best friend years ago. But they said they don't let their cat outside anymore because of the coyotes. They tripled in number because they don't cull them anymore.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi came up by the cars. But dad was so excited to see him, he went out and yelled Hi Little Guy! And Demi took off running back into the woods! I don't know if my dad's loud voice scared him or if he just knows we would make him come inside. Right after he ran off, I went out and called to him, but some dogs started barking! I haven't seen Demi since, for 2 days. I hope those dogs didn't hurt him. This whole thing is torture. My brothers are coming on Friday. Maybe they can help me trap him. I know everybody thinks we are mean for not using a trap, but nobody understands how wilderness this place is. A friend nearby tried to trap a cat and she caught a skunk and it sprayed her really bad. So it's a myth that I won't catch anything but a cat in those traps, no matter what anybody on the internet says. I could easily catch wildlife and dad and I are just not well enough to mess with wild animals or be sprayed by a skunk. Some people are saying that me and dad don't care enough and we aren't doing enough to help him. Well I can assure everybody I love that cat more than life itself and have done everything to keep him safe and want him back more than anything. But he needs to do his part and come home!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My brothers are coming on Friday. Maybe they can help me trap him. I can assure everybody I love that cat more than life itself and have done everything to keep him safe and want him back more than anything.
Fingers crossed your brothers are able to help trap Demi or he returns on his own. :crossfingers: I'm sure everyone here realizes how much you love Demi and how much it hurts for him to be gone.💔 I will keep you in my prayers and pray he returns safe and sound.🙏

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mags,

i am behind on posts. did something happen to you?
A billion things happened to me! Dad had a heart attack, was given 48 hours to live, my brothers tried to evict me, take my cats, and send me to a mental hospital. I convinced the crisis lady not to take me or my cats, dad survived and came home. My brothers are remodeling the house, they got the mold out and put in a new shower. My brother wasn't careful with the door bringing in supplies, so Demi got out and won't come in. He has been in the woods for almost 2 weeks. I haven't seen him in 3 days, since I called out "Demi Dinner" and some dogs started barking. Hope they didn't hurt him. My neighbor saw him about 4 or 5 days ago hiding under my brother's car that is under a tarp in the woods with a trailer hitch with mom's hoarding clutter on it. Also my parents separated, mom moved to town with a lady, my brother got us an SUV and I'm driving, on food stamps, grocery shopping, in therapy, going to lunch and coffee with cousins and friends....and I can use the washing machine now whenever I want, but I hurt it by putting pillows in it, so my brother is going to try to fix it, it shakes violently! Also, my SUV is so big, it has been hit 4 times already!!!!!!!

Last edited: