The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi likes corn, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine loves likes tolerates snow.
This calls for a happy slappy winter corny celebration, because it'll be winter in like 2 months and all.
Ok, FINE. Hearing those little bells and that old fashioned voice is making me go "CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:"

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Now that's pawsitive - and that old fashioned voice is exceedingly well-lubricated!

This thread has surely brought a lot of TCS members together, who "hang out" primarily on other TCS forums. Maybe we need a Mega Pawsitive Christmas Holiday Card Exchange? Anybody?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws -- looks like something my dad would have made. WONDERFUL!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- GORGEOUS pix! Winter is my favorite season too, along with Autumn and Spring. Anyone who wants summer can have my share.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 After we sold our Mojave place, the buyers took some photos with a very rudimentary phone and shared them with a neighbor, who adopted our last 4 hens. She shared the pix with me. This is what our former verandah looked like:
IMG_1276.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Natural stuff for growing will outdo any synthetics any day. In my yard only compost and other organic stuff is allowed. Years ago we had this Shellfish compost from a small company in Maine that I absolutely loved. Unfortunately due to excessive Government regulations they had to close their doors, but if one can find shellfish compost I swear it's better than cow manure. The 2nd best is chicken poo. Something about chickens makes things grow huge. We have a guy at work that grows 10 foot tall tomato plants..he won't tell me what the secret is, he won't use chemicals..so I am guessing it's a mixture of the above. The positive is this gentleman harvested his honey this morning from his Bee hives..he's been growing stuff his whole life, moved here from Wisconsin.

Anyways I just wanted to let you know 1catovertheline that there's tons of beneficial bugs and stuff to add to the yard/gardens to combat diseases and low growth rates..

A positive is last Sunday I was digging up stray wild daisy clumps in my yard and moved them to border one long garden I rototilled back in 2007? 2009? Can't remember what year but when I pulled up those clumps- I found many earth worms which means the soil is nice and rich. That's the goal of every gardener...put enough food in the soil and the worms will come. Nothing like a pretty flower to make one happy!

I get composted horse manure mixed with straw from a local facility that boards and exercises horses. It's composted, shredded and sterilized and I grow my garden in that, let the microbes do their job. I don't dig it in, it does not smell, has no live weed seeds, it's perfect. I just buy it, $2.50 per cubic foot, and spread it on top of my garden beds twice a year for each growing season (remember that we have a summer and a winter growing season with different things growing in each season) and plant straight in it, everything grows beautifully and my neighboring gardeners spend all kinds of effort and money on theirs and still have weeds. When I pull up the old spent plants I always find lots of pill bugs (sow bugs, roly-polys) underneath and a few grubs (which I discard in the street for the crows to eat) so my garden soil must be healthy. All that stink from bagged cow manure that people buy at the big box store and that stuff is so strong you have to wait a week to plant is not for me. I buy and plant the same day. Last spring I got 30 bags for my 20x20 foot garden and I had loads of tomatoes from just 3 plants, oodles of bell peppers, more than enough zucchini from just 1 plant and 40 ears of corn from an 8x4 foot bed which are now in the freezer, at least those that I did not eat right away. I will not need to get more compost until March when I am thinking of what to plant for next summer. Is this positive or what?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very excited, as I have just found a video that my cat will like that isn't of birds, squirrels, mice or bugs!
:bigeyes:

I've watched this 8 times and am so fascinated by it I think people around me thought I'd momentarily slipped into a coma.
I keep thinking how positive and awesome this would be if I could actually convince people I could build this, and could get out of 1,001 chores I don't want to do by attempting (aka screwing around) while trying/failing to build this. :hyper:

Speaking of screwing things up...then fixing them. King of the Hill fans, anyone?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --There's always beer in the house, but I've been good, I haven't been tempted. Besides, I know better than to steal any, dad counts them & he has eyes in the back of his head. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Beautiful snow scenes of the Mojave.

@Mamanyt1953 --Good song, never heard it before. Enjoy your new bed.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Your snow scene is beautiful too. I didn't mind winter when I lived an hour from here, but it's just too dangerous driving on these back roads.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I love Dean Martin movies...Positive: I really like that song Life's a Dance, I had forgotten about that one. Here's John Michael Montgomery's corniest song, it sounds like it was written for me. :D I bet your wife will like this one if she's reading:

I Can Love You Like That by John Michael Montgomery

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --There's always beer in the house, but I've been good, I haven't been tempted. Besides, I know better than to steal any, dad counts them & he has eyes in the back of his head. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Beautiful snow scenes of the Mojave.

@Mamanyt1953 --Good song, never heard it before. Enjoy your new bed.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Your snow scene is beautiful too. I didn't mind winter when I lived an hour from here, but it's just too dangerous driving on these back roads.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I love Dean Martin movies...Positive: I really like that song Life's a Dance, I had forgotten about that one. Here's John Michael Montgomery's corniest song, it sounds like it was written for me. :D I bet your wife will like this one if she's reading:

I Can Love You Like That by John Michael Montgomery
We absolutely love this song, it's a favorite.
JMM isn't one of those artists I go nuts over, but every time we hear his stuff, it's this nice gentle reminder that life ain't so bad after all.

One for the girls...don't settle for any less.
I'm one to talk but who cares. :thumbsup:
....quiet. I like dancing to this song. And been caught singing it.
Sue me, it's snappy :redtongue::yess:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I haven't thought of Harper Valley PTA in a while! Leave it to a country singer to point out whenever someone's being a hypocrite.

Purple Haze live? Opening for the Monkees? That sounds like a beautiful memory 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Maybe it's something about songs with purple in the title. Well, purple and red:

As for that flamenco guitarist tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - listening to him play is just amazing! I'd never heard of him. Something about a family act that is always so special.

Well, our insurance isn't going to cover the ceiling collapse. So, now the fun part of shopping for different estimates comes in. Interspersed with vintage / antique shopping for new furniture, of course. The prices and selection of cool stuff here is so good that we have to rein ourselves in and not buy everything. No hipsters here yet picking over all the good stuff and trying to cover it in chalk paint, haha. We, of course, found tons of living room furniture, but think we should probably fix the ceiling first.;) Instead, got a nice couple of lamps and a big entryway mirror. We also found this:
View attachment 257989
Which reminds me of your latest addition @Shane Kent. If you're looking for more collectible cats, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Overall, a very PAWSITIVE day filled with lots of laughs and fun antiquing. It feels so nice to not be consumed with bad luck when it happens, and to be able to take things in stride. I don't know if it's the residual exhaustion from the move, or the extra excitement of buying a new house, or the fact that I'm not at work dealing with customers right now, but I'm happier than I've been in a while! Oh, and Lucy seems almost all the way comfortable in her new area. I think if we take the house one room at a time, she'll be back to her old self soon. An extra PAWsitive!
It looks like this particular Persian cat must have been made by the thousands. When my son who is now 54 years old was in high school he joined some club where they were selling things and he brought home this big white ceramic cat and two smaller ones (one was a sleeping kitten the other I don't remember) and he talked me into buying one for $25.00 which was a lot of money for me at that time. I still have it but at my last move it got broken and it is now in a box in pieces. One of these days I will glue it back together as it reminds me of good times and now I have not spoken to him in 15 years or more because I can't stand him although I love him as he is my son (parents will understand that). Perhaps I will do this before I move next August. Something good about this. Perhaps I will start a cat figurine collection. I don't see anyone at the Catsite living in Reno, NV so the thrift shops should be full of them and Sparks is right next door, so double whammy for me!

Beautiful Autumn color -- thanks to all for sharing with us out here in arid So Cali!
@foxxycat Beautiful find!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Very glad for the false alarm! Elvis got some bumps during the summer time and even though he's indoor-only, I think it was miliary dermatitis. They're all gone now, and I treated everyone with Advantage, just to be on the safe side, as well as flea combing them daily.
Enjoyed watering the plants this morning. Now the birds are singing and the work is going well. Happy CATurday all!
Every day is Caturday, I have a t-shirt that says so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just catching up with this thread again after another hectic week.

Saturday was pawsitively gorgeous in NYC - here is some photographic proof.
Wow, you have a beautiful view! I'm impressed.

What brought me back to my optimistic self was the very positive thought that if there's reincarnation for cats, my most sincere hope is that this little one comes back as the most pampered, loved, well-fed, exercised and played with, safe, healthy cat with every single thing that a cat could want, and that it passes to the Rainbow Bridge in its sleep and doesn't even know about it.
I hope so too. Rest in Peace little one.

:angelcat:

MEGAPAWSITIVE...my SS Disability backpay is here, and it is MUCH more than I thought! I am on hold with Legal Aid right now to make sure that I won't have to actually move, then be right back where I am in a year!
That's fantastic! An early Christmas present for you.

Here's how Lucy spent most of the weekend:
Oh poor girl! At least she's safe in there.

As mentioned, we bought an old house
Darn! I'm glad no one was hurt. Our place had been empty for about 8 years before we moved in. We had to rip up the floor in one room because there were ants living under it. We had wasps nesting in the wall too. It was nasty.

Peanut and Lance - professional sunbeam-floppers for nearly twenty-two years together.
That's some majorly fluffy floor floppers you got there.

The last kitten from a feral named Flowers got adopted today. Poppy was the smallest kitten in the litter and the last to leave me but she found her family today.
Oh congratulations!

:clapcat:

Found the little fellow lower right on the way home. Put the second big smile on my face today.
They're cute! That was a lucky find.

Apparently the girls can share today!
Awesome cat tree. Looks like they've got plenty of room on there.

Our autumn colours are just starting to show.

Walks150.jpg

And there is snow on the top of Mount Fuji. I walked up the lane to get a picture the other day and ended up with this. :rolleyes3:

It's there! I promise you.
Walks140.jpg

Luckily Mr Husband got a much better picture.
Walks153.jpg

I'm looking forward to winter, it's so pretty around here when it snows.

:bliss:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Negative: I don't like the holidays!

Positive: Hmmmmmmm, gotta think about that one fur a bit!

Oh, but love the winter months!

Pops

Santi wanted to post this one ....

Told him if keeps eating the way he's eating; his physique will be a memory! ... :insertevillaugh:

BTW, this one is funny!

OK, can't post back to back posts, so I'm gonna ad another one! Think you'all will like this one! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily Mr Husband got a much better picture.
View attachment 258229
Norachan Norachan - I'm a little bit jealous of the lovely place you chose to settle down - and of your beautiful kitties, of course - but I'm really jealous of Mister Husband Man's views!

My positive is to thank all for their wonderful support. Especially the last couple of days. This is a fantastic group of people. Another huge positive is that the last of a colony of over 100 kitties is safe as of tonight. I am very grateful to all and for all. Thank you! :redheartpump:
Jcatbird Jcatbird - It's fabulous that BJ is finally inside and safe! Please keep us updated as to his progress - assuming that he doesn't eat you!

;)

I would like to thank all my Friends here for your Prayers and supporting me during my difficulties. I want to let you know things look a lot better today because of your words. I thank you all so much.
R raysmyheart - You have an abundance of Friends here. The only reason that we call TCS a, "community," rather than a, "Family," is that we don't get together for a big emotional Thanksgiving dinner where Aunt Edna burns the turkey and Uncle Stan gets drunk and starts picking on everybody until someone takes his car keys away and then a fist fight ensues and... well... you know.

;)

A chilly morning here, with Autumn everywhere you look; the cool nights have been hastening the reds of the Maples, the golds of the Elms and Ashes, and the burnt orange hues of the Chestnuts and Aspens. There's just no question that this is Nature's fashion show.

Three years ago on this date, down at the landing:

october212015.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --Ha! The I'm Too Sexy song is a fun way to start off the morning. Thanks. :lol:

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I had to wait until this morning to blast "Any Man of Mine", love that Shania song, it got me dancing around the room. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird Jcatbird --Wow, is BJ really the last, final one? Well done. You're my hero.

R raysmyheart --I'm glad you're feeling better this morning. This hug is for you my friend. ((You are loved.)) :redheartpump:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Love the nature's fashion show pic. Never heard of Ashes or Aspens, guess I need a tree book. :)

Positive: I found this song by my 8th cousin (I love saying that) Celine Dion. It makes me think of new beginnings and 2nd chances which are always positive.

A New Day Has Come by Celine Dion

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a weird conversation with someone on the telephone.
They called up and asked if someone named (name) "lived" here.
"Lived"? I was thrown off.
I said no, I'm sorry, you have the wrong number.
They insisted this person was there, and I checked the register, and said "...no, so sorry, no one by that name is here." ( Baby Girl climbed on my shoulders and was like "DADDY'S A JUNGLE GYM" and I resisted the urge to yell "CUT THAT OUT" and have bleeding spots on my neck to prove it. Ouch girl. That's cold blooded.)
Then they insisted someone used the wrong name and that I figure it out for them.
I said I couldn't do that and explained privacy stuff, but told them if I saw someone by that name I would mention our conversation.
They gave me a pause long enough to make me think we were disconnected. Before I could say "Hello?", they said they were calling from a town in Arkansas (that is not even remotely close to where we live) and if I found this person, to give them their name and they knew what number to call. I told then I would. Then they hung up. She didn't leave a number, but this caller ID stuff is nice. I think.
Nice lady. Strange conversation. Cute accent.

This isn't really pawsitive, but it made me think of this lyric. It's a nice tune, too, which ALWAYS makes this old fart happy. The message of the song is nice. Plus, the "old man" in the video doesn't look so old. Damn kids.:yelling:
Also this lady didn't seem crazy. But the conversation was a bit out there.
Well, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 , some of my friends and I used to play phone games on people. We'd call a number we picked at random out the phone book and ask the person who answered if their refrigerator was running. When they invariably answered, "Yes," we'd say, "Well, you better go catch it! I just saw it running down the street." :crackup: Or one of us would call and ask for Timmy. The respondent would, of course, say, "There's no Timmy here. You have the wrong number." Several of us in turn would call the number and ask for Timmy, with the same result. Finally, the last one of us would call and say, "Hi. This is Timmy. Any messages for me?" :flail:Genius, I know. It's terrible what boredom and groupthink can do. The PAWSitive? It was good clean harmless fun. :lol2:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Pawsitive as it gets:

I know that this article is a week old, but I've just now seen it in the newsfeed. Most TCS members have probably already read it, but for those who haven't, here's the story of Earnest Raymond - a cat rescued from the trash - now in his new Forever Home thanks to a couple of heroes and Little Wanderers Rescue in New York:

Cat Rescued From Trash 'Minutes' Before Pile Tossed Into Garbage Compactor | HuffPost

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Pawsitive as it gets:

I know that this article is a week old, but I've just now seen it in the newsfeed. Most TCS members have probably already read it, but for those who haven't, here's the story of Earnest Raymond - a cat rescued from the trash - now in his new Forever Home thanks to a couple of heroes and Little Wanderers Rescue in New York:

Cat Rescued From Trash 'Minutes' Before Pile Tossed Into Garbage Compactor | HuffPost
Yeah, I read this one online, vacillating between grateful Prayers and red-hot rage. The PAWSitive? Earnest Raymond is safe and loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.