The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Norachan mr husbands photo is fantastic! and thank you for your kind thoughts :heartshape:

@Jcatbird YOU DID IT!!! :goldstar: :bouquet:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine gracious sakes what a nice photo! So, I'm going to guess that your TCS Christmas card list will be L-O-N-G since I have the distinct impression you know EVERYbody here LOL...oh, wait, you said just THIS thread :thumbsup:

R raysmyheart :itslove:

One of these days I will glue it back together as it reminds me of good times
I'll be looking forward to a picture whenever you have the chance :lovecat4:

Some roses I saved from the deepfreeze a few days ago - I still have those two unopened buds which are actually working on opening--a lovely positive thing, and a very fine and sassy fellow :)

Attachments

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Norachan mr husbands photo is fantastic! and thank you for your kind thoughts :heartshape:

@Jcatbird YOU DID IT!!! :goldstar: :bouquet:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine gracious sakes what a nice photo! So, I'm going to guess that your TCS Christmas card list will be L-O-N-G since I have the distinct impression you know EVERYbody here LOL...oh, wait, you said just THIS thread :thumbsup:

R raysmyheart :itslove:

I'll be looking forward to a picture whenever you have the chance :lovecat4:

Some roses I saved from the deepfreeze a few days ago - I still have those two unopened buds which are actually working on opening--a lovely positive thing, and a very fine and sassy fellow :)
Those are beautiful saved roses, Furballsmom Furballsmom and I see you have an Azul there, too. There is a pair of blue jays whose territory includes our yards; I've named them Azul ("blue") and Ms. Azul, but since I cannot tell them apart, they are both "Azul" :) They bring me much joy, as they are quite friendly and almost always in evidence when I go outside.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I read this one online, vacillating between grateful Prayers and red-hot rage. The PAWSitive? Earnest Raymond is safe and loved.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'm with you there; I'm so glad that he has a loving home now, but oh, how I'd like to find out who'd do such a disgusting thing. I actually shut the computer down for an hour and went outside to cool down.

Pawsitive: spending an hour walking in the woods on a beautiful October afternoon.

oct21-1.jpg

The Firefall Maple living up to its name.​

oct21-2.jpg

Two fishermen round the point of the island.​

oct21-3.jpg

North end of the island - Mute Swan breeding ground.

oct21-4.jpg

Looking across the high bank, into the gorge.​

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
and this
Well, @1 bruce 1, some of my friends and I used to play phone games on people. We'd call a number we picked at random out the phone book and ask the person who answered if their refrigerator was running. When they invariably answered, "Yes," we'd say, "Well, you better go catch it! I just saw it running down the street." :crackup: Or one of us would call and ask for Timmy. The respondent would, of course, say, "There's no Timmy here. You have the wrong number." Several of us in turn would call the number and ask for Timmy, with the same result. Finally, the last one of us would call and say, "Hi. This is Timmy. Any messages for me?" :flail:Genius, I know. It's terrible what boredom and groupthink can do. The PAWSitive? It was good clean harmless fun. :lol2:
Here's one from way back before my time: Do you have Prince Albert ( a popular tobacco) in a can? Yes. Then be sure to let him out.
Or how about this: yelling at another car's driver: your rear wheels are going around!
All really lame things but kids sure had fun.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You're spoiling us all with those gorgeous pix! If you aren't careful, the whole bunch of us are liable to turn up at your place with ALL of our collective cats (yes, including @basscat and fams) demanding entry!
segelkatt segelkatt Thanks for those! Yes, we did the Prince Albert one. I guess we didn't know about the wheels one. Or I'm SURE we would have done that one. There was this one time on the freeway when my friend suggested we moon the traffic. She said it would make her husband blush.
We did.
He did.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the nicest days here in quite a while. Come on, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - let's see that Indiana Autumn!

The change of seasons can teach us many things - among them, who I got "buzzed" all Summer walking past one particular spot on the escarpment. Today, with a section defoliated on the big oak tree at the edge of the bank, there was the cause - a good-sized White Faced Hornets' nest. I must have passed within about seven feet of it a hundred times this Summer, and never once was stung.

Lots of tracks on the beach this afternoon; muskrat, raccoon, squirrel, chipmunk, fox and deer among them. How pleasant a thought it is that some places on this old world can still be shared peacefully with the animals whose homes - as well as ours - are here. Hats off to everyone who treads lightly in this Life.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the nicest days here in quite a while. Come on, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - let's see that Indiana Autumn!

The change of seasons can teach us many things - among them, who I got "buzzed" all Summer walking past one particular spot on the escarpment. Today, with a section defoliated on the big oak tree at the edge of the bank, there was the cause - a good-sized White Faced Hornets' nest. I must have passed within about seven feet of it a hundred times this Summer, and never once was stung.

Lots of tracks on the beach this afternoon; muskrat, raccoon, squirrel, chipmunk, fox and deer among them. How pleasant a thought it is that some places on this old world can still be shared peacefully with the animals whose homes - as well as ours - are here. Hats off to everyone who treads lightly in this Life.
Must be pretty magical, all the way around, and very PAWSitive!

You were fortunate with your hornets. I got the first bee stings of my life on our land in the Mojave, when I was out walking as I often did. Passed by this one area and all of a sudden there were two bees mad as heck out to get me. I ran. Unfortunately, one of them lost her life defending her colony. I sure didn't mean any disrespect.

*And I know the feeling. I deal with stuff like that frequently in my advocacy work, so I'm pretty good at getting past the initial :fireblob: and on to the PAWSitive, which is that the cat has been rescued and is out of the focus of the :barfgreen:s (because there isn't another, more appropriate emoji I could choose) which, of course, is already in the Bad Place.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari what a beautiful pic! Very nice view. Happy Birthday to your dad and hope you all enjoy dinner together this evening. Sounds very PAWSitive to me!
I forgot to reply to this. Thanks! I really like the town we currently live in and would be happy to settle down here, but the bf wants lower taxes and houses not so close to each other, so we'll probably move to another suburb. As long as we stay in the Chicago area I'll probably be happy.

I made some mushroom soup with bacon for dinner which is super pawsitive for Miss Lelia because she knows she can always get a small piece off of me. So spoiled.

I have leftover red velvet bundt cake from last night for when I'm less full.

Disney night on DWTS juniors (and again tomorrow for the real DWTS!) I love it!

And I'm so happy Earnest Raymond was saved from a terrible fate and is safe and loved now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to reply to this. Thanks! I really like the town we currently live in and would be happy to settle down here, but the bf wants lower taxes and houses not so close to each other, so we'll probably move to another suburb. As long as we stay in the Chicago area I'll probably be happy.

I made some mushroom soup with bacon for dinner which is super pawsitive for Miss Lelia because she knows she can always get a small piece off of me. So spoiled.

I have leftover red velvet bundt cake from last night for when I'm less full.

Disney night on DWTS juniors (and again tomorrow for the real DWTS!) I love it!
Oh, now you're definitely talking my kind of talk. *red velvet cake* :yummy: *Whoops! Almost posted too soon <15 words! Can't do that.*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - In sixty-four years, I've never yet been stung - and I've spent most of my Life in the outdoors. "Not meaning any disrespect," counts for a great deal, I think; I've had the chance to pet wild foxes, had both black and white bears in camp, and never yet had an unfriendly encounter with any animal who wasn't a Snowshoe Cat.

;)

Pawsitive? What could be more pawsitive, really?

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive is about support and encouragement today. Thank you @Mamanyt1953 , 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , @1 bruce 1, Lari Lari . PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , Furballsmom Furballsmom , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , M maggiedemi for your Prayers and wishes for me when I really needed them and all who prayed and thought good thoughts for me. It is more precious than all the Gold to have the Friends I do here in this thread. I'm thankful for being able to view the wonderful videos of remote-control mice (that mouse had a lot of speed), talking cats(almost could make out a few words) and amazing Creature comforts, not to mention great music. I can't thank you all enough.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , last December, I was involved in the TCS Holiday Card Exchange and it is fun. A mega-pawsitive card exchange is an awesome idea.

Speedy and R raysmyheart wishing all a good and safe day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive is about support and encouragement today. Thank you @Mamanyt1953 , 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , @1 bruce 1, Lari Lari . PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , Furballsmom Furballsmom , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , M maggiedemi for your Prayers and wishes for me when I really needed them and all who prayed and thought good thoughts for me. It is more precious than all the Gold to have the Friends I do here in this thread. I'm thankful for being able to view the wonderful videos of remote-control mice (that mouse had a lot of speed), talking cats(almost could make out a few words) and amazing Creature comforts, not to mention great music. I can't thank you all enough.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , last December, I was involved in the TCS Holiday Card Exchange and it is fun. A mega-pawsitive card exchange is an awesome idea.

Speedy and R raysmyheart wishing all a good and safe day.
So glad we were able to provide some support and emotional sustenance, R raysmyheart ! I feel exactly the same. There are times when it's pretty hard to see some light, and TCS as well as my own beloved cats and our beloved Creator certainly do show me that it's not all about me, it's all about all of the wonderful, kind, sharing, caring, loving beings (and Being) -- and that there is a lot of beauty in this world. *Those talking cats!*
And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You KNOW you don't mean that.
capt_cps_nvb07_071008195532_photo02_photo_default-512x386 Taz.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to pull out da bird for Lelia and she looks into the cat toy drawer and starts poking at the cat catcher mousie instead. So guess what we're playing with? :dizzycat:

This girl is so spoiled sometimes, but that's positive for her. And it makes me happy to see how much more confident she is to when she first came home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hats off to everyone who treads lightly in this Life.
I agree. :) When my brother & I came down from hiking up behind the set of Bonanza in Lake Tahoe, we could see the footprints of all the wild animals in the snow. I'm glad they didn't try to hurt us...Love the boat scene pic & of course the firefall maple.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Bluejays are my favorite bird since they are my favorite color, light blue...Pretty roses. We used to have a rosebush when I was a kid, but I can't remember what happened to it.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --We used to do this stupid prank phone call, we would call people whose last name was Simpson and ask for Bart. Then call back later and say this is Homer, I'm looking for my son. :headshake:

R raysmyheart --You're welcome. I could use your prayers too if you get the chance, so it was a fair exchange. :redheartpump:

Positive: Here's an old favorite song of mine by Merle Haggard. To me Merle is always positive. He's got a voice as smooth as velvet.
Okie From Muskogee by Merle Haggard

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. :) When my brother & I came down from hiking up behind the set of Bonanza in Lake Tahoe, we could see the footprints of all the wild animals in the snow. I'm glad they didn't try to hurt us...Love the boat scene pic & of course the firefall maple.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Bluejays are my favorite bird since they are my favorite color, light blue...Pretty roses. We used to have a rosebush when I was a kid, but I can't remember what happened to it.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --We used to do this stupid prank phone call, we would call people whose last name was Simpson and ask for Bart. Then call back later and say this is Homer, I'm looking for my son. :headshake:

R raysmyheart --You're welcome. I could use your prayers too if you get the chance, so it was a fair exchange. :redheartpump:

Positive: Here's an old favorite song of mine by Merle Haggard. To me Merle is always positive. He's got a voice as smooth as velvet.

M maggiedemi , please know most definitely and absolutely you can be assured of my Prayers for you. It is a nice deal we have because I know you are Praying for me too.:)

I scribbled down some lines from this song at work, then searched it on youtube and found this song I enjoy -https://youtu.be/1Sn9b5GMxMI

Sharing it here. Have a great day, all.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today's PAWsitive: our stuff has arrived! We unload tomorrow and start the unpacking fun!

Bonus PAWsitive: we've somehow fit two adult humans, an 80lb Siberian husky, a tortoiseshell baby burrowed under her favorite blanket, and a cuddly Mog cat all on one air mattress without popping it! If it pops in the night, oh well, at least our bed will be here!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine i don't have any autumnal awesomeness like you do. Things are mostly still green where I'm at, but sneakily changing a little bit every night. I saw this one solitary orange tree which will have to suffice for now until I catch up with your gorgeous fall foliage.
IMG_0933.JPG

As for that poor kitty, I'm so glad someone found him! It's pretty sad to think about what kind of sub-human jerk decided to put little Raymond through that. They're the real trash, not that sweet kitty. Still, I'm left with some hope knowing that he's safe and loved despite the worst-laid plans of some idiot.

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws what a funny video! I hope you have a good visit with your family!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine i don't have any autumnal awesomeness like you do. Things are mostly still green where I'm at, but sneakily changing a little bit every night. I saw this one solitary orange tree which will have to suffice for now until I catch up with your gorgeous fall foliage.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - That's a great photo - and not to worry - you're Autumn's on its way... it's just a tad later there than here.

I scribbled down some lines from this song at work, then searched it on youtube and found this song I enjoy
R raysmyheart - I've never heard that before; very nice.

M maggiedemi - Normally I'd counter your Merle with my favourite, but Okie is my favourite Merle Haggard tune. I love the whole image of Oklahoma small-town salute-the-flag! That's my America - every bit of it.

One more Merle back atcha, written by the great Lefty Frizzell:

A great day here - some of it spent with my Friends in the woods, and some of it spent with my Friends right here on TCS. Doesn't get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.