The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Tiny little kitten pitted against something about which it knows nothing. Could be anything at all. Wary? Yep. Afraid? Nope. Every one of them - no matter how small - has the Heart of a lion.

StinkEye from a fox? Yep - I think so. Two minutes later than the usual "dusk" and there she is, glaring at me from across the back lawn.

"Why you is so late, Human?"

View attachment 258487

Maybe foxes and Snowshoes are related.

After seven o'clock here and it's still fifty degrees, with another day just like this predicted for tomorrow. In many "average" Octobers, we've had snow here by this point. Nine days removed from November, this weather couldn't be more pawsitive!
Kittens are, as I say, bad ass. They spook, but they get past it.
Some puppies, not always, which leads to fear biters and crazy animals that are contained like rabid bears, which is sad for everyone.
For as much as I hate coyotes, I respect wolves, and find fox a fascinating species. We see them only occasionally but whenever we do it's a treat.
Where we live, most wild life avoids humans but fox are so smart and able to be unseen. They're like the ultimate cat-dog hybrid injected with super smarts.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Shane Kent Yeah, the cat with the fish is special, I agree! I like the "dull finish" cat, too. I have a whole set of the cat with the fiddle, the dog and the moon, etc. They're those tiny ones you buy stuck on cards. They're probably pretty old -- 1970s? I'm guessing.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 GREAT blue kitten with apples video! I'm not scared of any produce except rutabuggers, which I think should be the only thing fed to bad people in prison (the REALLY BAD people. Not the not-so-bad people wrongfully convicted or those who didn't do anything very bad at all). Anything that tastes like DIRT should not be eaten IMHO.

IMG_0992.JPG

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We could trade cat figurines for cat furniture;)
I will take that deal any day! I got nothing but a ton of thrift shopping to do, and a garage full of extra bubble wrap from the move.
For now, we just assembled the old cat tree, and the cats are loving it. Really, I think all the pets are very happy to have their smells around, and seem more relaxed. Mog is on his top perch, Lucy is in her car cave, and Mondo is in his favorite spot on the sofa. Nothing more PAWsitive than happy pets!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will take that deal any day! I got nothing but a ton of thrift shopping to do, and a garage full of extra bubble wrap from the move.
For now, we just assembled the old cat tree, and the cats are loving it. Really, I think all the pets are very happy to have their smells around, and seem more relaxed. Mog is on his top perch, Lucy is in her car cave, and Mondo is in his favorite spot on the sofa. Nothing more PAWsitive than happy pets!
Got THAT right, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer ! I was telling mine earlier that when they're happy and healthy, I'm happy, which generally also translates to better health for anyone, right? This is the ploy I use to get my Baby Su to eat. She always dances around, rubbing and purring and doing what passes for mewing with her (She's feral. I don't think she ever learned how to meow.) before she finally deigns to eat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Nice front view of your street. I think I already told you this, but my church didn't allow flags or anything patriotic, no pledge of allegiance...Cute fox pic, I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

@Shane Kent --Those creamer kitties are always so pretty, they have a delicate look to them, probably because they are for tea. Those are my favorite.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Great collection! I like the glass candle ones & the top right matte looking one.

foxxycat foxxycat --Well if you go with me, I might try Karaoke again. I would have to practice first though. :lol: Positive: Funny that you should mention smells of the woods & grass. When I opened the front door this morning, there was a wonderful smell, that must be what it was. I never noticed it before, but maybe I'm just paying more attention to nature lately. :)

Bonus Positive: Here's a country song with pretty lyrics:
What Mattered Most by Ty Herndon

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was pretty darn cute, for sure! On that bed in the video, with the pillows making a "tumbling slope" out of the bedspread, I recognized the initial makings of what we, in our house, call.... The Thunderdome (*cue dramatic music*). When our kitty was a kitten, we'd arrange three or four pillows into a circle then lay a quilt or comforter over that area. It created a big "tumbling playpen" in the center of it that Milly would roll around in, playing with her various toys. We called it The Thunderdome. If Milly was missing for several minutes, one of us would ask, 'Where's Milly?' Invariably, she'd be in The Thunderdome, playing.
@Shane Kent Yeah, the cat with the fish is special, I agree! I like the "dull finish" cat, too. I have a whole set of the cat with the fiddle, the dog and the moon, etc. They're those tiny ones you buy stuck on cards. They're probably pretty old -- 1970s? I'm guessing.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 GREAT blue kitten with apples video! I'm not scared of any produce except rutabuggers, which I think should be the only thing fed to bad people in prison (the REALLY BAD people. Not the not-so-bad people wrongfully convicted or those who didn't do anything very bad at all). Anything that tastes like DIRT should not be eaten IMHO.

View attachment 258506
Rutabaga tastes like the east end of a horse going west.
Kittens being sweet is just "aw" stuff but kittens acting like they're 800 pound tigers that could shred you makes me all mush. There's something cute about a kitten who thinks they're tough, but then gets mad when you try to cuddle them for trying to be tough and it just pisses them off because they're busy killing stuff, dammit, and don't have time to be cute.
20 minutes later they're in your lap being all sweet and purring and any man that can resist that has a self-esteem/need to be tough personality complex they need to look at closely and address IMO. Baby Girl taught me that. She's my most personal pawsitive I've had in a long time.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are, as I say, bad a**. They spook, but they get past it.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I'd rather face a bear than a kitten half the bear's size. Most animals are fearful of larger animals; cats have so little fear instinct that they're dangerous at any size.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - They long for familiar things. Cats are infinitely adaptable, but most of the time, unhappily so.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Nice front view of your street. I think I already told you this, but my church didn't allow flags or anything patriotic, no pledge of allegiance...Cute fox pic, I don't think I've ever seen one in person.
M maggiedemi - The Towns here are an island of conservatism in a sea of People Wanting Free Stuff, and the Stars and Stripes fly on just about every house in town. If the local schools didn't start the day with the Pledge, Parents would be lined up outside the Superintendent's office, screamin' like Judgment had come. This is Bible Church country.

I'm surprised that you don't see Red Fox in your area - they're relatively common in northern New York. Delightful animals, by any standards - clever, inquisitive, and very pretty. My "original" fox here grew so trusting that you could scratch behind her ears by the end of her Life - and there's little more pawsitive in this world than having the chance to interact with Nature. :)

Here's my old girl - the Black-Tipped Fox - havin' a couple of hot dogs for supper:

foxdogs.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I'd rather face a bear than a kitten half the bear's size. Most animals are fearful of larger animals; cats have so little fear instinct that they're dangerous at any size.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - They long for familiar things. Cats are infinitely adaptable, but most of the time, unhappily so.

M maggiedemi - The Towns here are an island of conservatism in a sea of People Wanting Free Stuff, and the Stars and Stripes fly on just about every house in town. If the local schools didn't start the day with the Pledge, Parents would be lined up outside the Superintendent's office, screamin' like Judgment had come. This is Bible Church country.

I'm surprised that you don't see Red Fox in your area - they're relatively common in northern New York. Delightful animals, by any standards - clever, inquisitive, and very pretty. My "original" fox here grew so trusting that you could scratch behind her ears by the end of her Life - and there's little more pawsitive in this world than having the chance to interact with Nature. :)

Here's my old girl - the Black-Tipped Fox - havin' a couple of hot dogs for supper:

View attachment 258517
That's one heck of a picture (and story about "Original"), 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Fox are cool. Dangerous in the right situation, but all living things are. (Humans top the list.)
Ever seen the Disney flick "The Fox and the Hound"? Really cute movie, but read the book and shit gets real. :(
:(
On wild animals, this is a video I stumbled across and thought it was cool.
I later learned a lot of these guys don't like using tranquilizers, because the animal will run off while still "drunk" and if they meet a predator, will be too stoned to fend for themselves.
Warning for folks:
This isn't "Graphic", but it's not all love and sunshine and rainbow farts. This is a wolf in a foothold (not my favorite method) trap. Wolf season is over in this part of WI, so they let him go and this video shows how it's done for these guys. It's pretty cool that the guys respect the hunting season to control populations and stuff, and do the right thing. Wally and his catch pole shows us how it's done without tranq-darts. The wolf is freed, no harm comes to him, and no drunken stupor for the wolf to have to walk off in the face of the wilderness. Pretty cool.

:winner:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --We were allowed to stand up, but we couldn't put our hand on our heart & say the pledge. If we did, we would be punished...Cute fox pic.
I've only seen coyotes, coydogs, and raccoons. There are probably fox & bears across the street in the state forest, but I'm not going in there. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I found one more John Michael Montgomery song for you & your wife. This one reminds me of a funny bridezilla story. My cousin Bridget didn't understand the concept of a live band. She kept requesting songs that they didn't know. Finally, when she requested this song and they didn't know it, she fired them and played the cd instead. :headshake:

I Swear by John Michael Montgomery

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one heck of a picture (and story about "Original"), 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Fox are cool. Dangerous in the right situation, but all living things are. (Humans top the list.)
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Animals are responsive; if you treat them squarely, they'll generally repay you in kind. Not so with Humans.

There are probably fox & bears across the street in the state forest, but I'm not going in there. :)
M maggiedemi - Why not? Recreational hiking is exactly why those trails are maintained - and it's shady enough that you wouldn't have to worry about that porcelain complexion!

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I found one more John Michael Montgomery song for you & your wife.

M maggiedemi - That's the perfect song for a romantic Married couple that still dances together to the radio. You've got good taste - that's my second fave of Montgomery's. Speaking of dancing, this one tops the list:

Pawsitive: eleven contented kitties have just finished dinner here, and the sound of grooming is almost deafening.

;)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --We were allowed to stand up, but we couldn't put our hand on our heart & say the pledge. If we did, we would be punished...Cute fox pic.
I've only seen coyotes, coydogs, and raccoons. There are probably fox & bears across the street in the state forest, but I'm not going in there. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I found one more John Michael Montgomery song for you & your wife. This one reminds me of a funny bridezilla story. My cousin Bridget didn't understand the concept of a live band. She kept requesting songs that they didn't know. Finally, when she requested this song and they didn't know it, she fired them and played the cd instead. :headshake:

That's an oldie!!! And I love the oldies, you know that! ;)
JMM was very underrated to me. He has a good, solid, non whiney voice, with songs that have good lyrics and a good message all around.
I love CW music, but some of the singers now make me wonder if their underwear is too tight. :eek:
Speaking of oldies, I can't help but mention this guy.
Dog, cat, human, friend, relative, who cares. We loved them all, we always have and always will.
When I hear this song I remember friends and relatives and pets passed many decades ago and think of them. And that makes me happy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I don't know if there are trails in the state forest, I don't know anybody who has gone walking in there. I'm not going in there alone, I've got more living yet to do. :)
I like that Life's a Dance song, I have all his cds somewhere.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I love Willie Nelson. This is one of my all-time favorite songs, Mendocino County Line. Great lyrics and I love the horses in the video.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for today is that I finally opened my etsy store Naturally beautiful jewelry made from seashells. by ShellDesignCreations to sell my shell jewelry! I've even had an order already - ok it's my cousin, but it still counts, right?
It counts here!!
You've got some very pretty stuff up for sale there.
I saved your site, and will pass it on to friends. We love small, home based businesses around here.
I won't guarantee that the wife won't order from you, also. :thumbsup: Or will put this on her Christmas list...
Nice sea/beach music here.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I don't know if there are trails in the state forest, I don't know anybody who has gone walking in there.
M maggiedemi - All NY State Forests have maintained trails; the one near you has eight trails, from less than a mile in length to seven miles. Just put the State Forest name into a google search with the word "trails." There's even a map.

Pawsitive: I now have a fierce, ferocious feral on my lap - White Tip. It took about an hour just to type this.

;)

I gotcher backatche Willie right here!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Aww man, I'm jealous. I wish one of my ferocious ferals was in my lap right now...Positive: Well what do you know, I googled my state forest and up pops a list of all the trails for hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, or snowmobiling. :)
That's a great duet with Willie & Waylon.

Okay, I'll leave you with a Randy Travis song, since he's your favorite.
I need to get my 8 hours of beauty sleep.
Look Heart, No Hands

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for today is that I finally opened my etsy store Naturally beautiful jewelry made from seashells. by ShellDesignCreations to sell my shell jewelry! I've even had an order already - ok it's my cousin, but it still counts, right?
Awesome is the marketplace, etsy , that is my paw-sitive that many people all over the World use their Gifts of Craftsmanship they have inside them and make these Gifts blossom in their own shop, online!

ileen ileen , congratulations on your new shop, I really love the photo you used as your shop 'avatar', especially the colors you used. Your work is wonderful and so nicely displayed.

My other paw-sitive is the encouragement I received from you all, Friends here on the Mega Pawsitive Forum during the last few days. I can't thank you enough, Friends.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
M maggiedemi If I lived near you I would gladly go with you to walk the trails. There's nothing like a walk in the woods...the sound of the wind in the trees, the smell of pine needles, the cries of the birds above. And if we are lucky we might see a deer, fox or a rabbit. Chipmunks, Squirrels too! I just love watching squirrels.

A funny story about squirrels, this summer at the camp we rented, there was a squirrel that was intent on taunting Honeybee every chance it got. There was a chipmunk who also worked with the squirrel to tease the Bee.

Well one late afternoon I am sitting outside in the shade and I hear this godawful chatterin and knew it was a squirrel. Honeybee had chased it across the lawn and it went up the tree, she tried to climb up after it but only made it 4 feet up and turned around and ran back down. She sat there meowing and chattering at the squirrel while it was chitterin at her-I am sure she was telling it to do something impossibly rude and it was saying it back to her. This went on back and forth for 5 minutes. I think I got a video of it somewhere on Facebook.

I couldn't stop laughing at the stupid squirrel ticking off the Bee Kitty and she camped out under that tree for an hour waiting for the squirrel to come back and play!

ileen ileen I will definitely check out your new store and pass it along! Christmas is coming and nothing like a home made gift for our loved ones!

For a song from the 1980s, Dan Hartman, "I can dream about you"

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yet another reminder of the rules, since there once again have been a fair amount of posts not following them -

The rules -
1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.

2. Minimum of 15 words per post. Just posting "good morning!" won't qualify for the purpose of this thread and will be deleted. Keep your posts long enough and meaningful. The only exception is sharing a page from TCS on social media - in which case a link to the share is enough.

3. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

4. Comprehensible posts. Your posts need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread by nature, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

5.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for each post in this thread.

6. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

There's a lot of responding to previous posts with nothing positive added in. You have to add something positive into your posts. :agree: A video does not constitute positive unless you explain why it is positive to you.

My positive is that yesterday I was able to start cleaning up the yard for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.