The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat that song always feels so epic! And catchy. I'm humming it now while I unpack.

PAWSITIVE is that everything arrived unscathed (or at least no more scathed than it was to begin with.)

I noticed that when the leaves do change, you have to catch a picture quickly 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ! This tree was full of leaves only a few hours ago, and now stands half- bare. The wind is certainly kicking up a lot of leaves. I'll have to be on the lookout for the colors changing, or I might miss them!
IMG_0938.JPG

Here's another one just starting to change on our walking route:
IMG_0936.JPG

Maybe it'll be vibrant tomorrow!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat - It's been so long since I heard Toto's Africa, I listened to it twice!

foxxycat foxxycat that song always feels so epic! And catchy. I'm humming it now while I unpack.

PAWSITIVE is that everything arrived unscathed (or at least no more scathed than it was to begin with.)

I noticed that when the leaves do change, you have to catch a picture quickly 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ! This tree was full of leaves only a few hours ago, and now stands half- bare. The wind is certainly kicking up a lot of leaves. I'll have to be on the lookout for the colors changing, or I might miss them!
View attachment 258414
Here's another one just starting to change on our walking route:
View attachment 258415
Maybe it'll be vibrant tomorrow!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Glad to hear that the Scathing Elves didn't get into your moving van and leave their mark. Don't overdo it on the unpacking - and make sure that Mongo Mondo and those cats do their fair share!

Yep - some trees lose their leaves almost before they've "coloured up," and others - the Oaks especially - wait until Spring to shrug off their leafy coats.

A couple more days of September weather here - today and tomorrow in the fifties once again - and the yard and lawns have grown lush with the October rains. The bagger on the tractor's set up and ready to go as soon as the last leaf falls, and for the time being, there's little else to do beyond enjoying the lovely weather and the fabulous colours of Autumn.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 --Precious photo of your two little superheroes. :redheartpump:

@raysmyheart-- Thank you. And thanks for sharing that song, very positive. :)

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Sounds very cozy. Love the tree pics. I call every pink tree I see a maple, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :D

A great day here - some of it spent with my Friends in the woods, and some of it spent with my Friends right here on TCS. Doesn't get much better than that.
Sounds like the perfect day. :) Thanks for the Merle song, I actually never heard that one before. I listened to it twice.

foxxycat foxxycat --Nice song choice! Positive funny memory: See if you remember this one. The one and only time I tried Karaoke was to this song. Karaoke is hard! You don't have the original singer to sing over and it's hard to find the beat. My friend & I got booed off the stage. Fun times! :lol:
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the perfect day. :) Thanks for the Merle song, I actually never heard that one before. I listened to it twice.
M maggiedemi - Thanks for Muskogee, Oklahoma too. I grew up in an era when America was filled with flag-wavin' Americans, and Merle's signature song brings that all back in memory.

Pawsitive: if your drive down my road, you never have to wonder which country you're in:

olcotthalloween.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am enjoying our colors here. I just step outside and think "Nature you need no filter. No photoshop. Cameras never do you justice." You've got to experience it live and in person. :agree:

I am SUPER excited today because I found a Disney movie I've been wanting for years! Peter Pan!! It has always been one of my top favorite Disney movies and I've been keeping an eye out for it. I don't watch a lot of tv but right now I'm on a Disney movie kick I guess. I watched both the live action and animated versions of Beauty and the Beast this weekend. I've watched Moana on Netflix probably 6-8 times now. I actually only stopped at the movies because I wanted to be sure I got a copy of Moana before it goes in the Disney Vault. And there was Peter Pan. I snatched up a copy!

I was really happy to get The Lion King last year. Now I just need The Little Mermaid and both of The Incredibles movies and I'll be content for a while. Unless I can find The Jungle Book. I think DS will love that one. :p

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent . If you're looking for more collectible cats, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!
We could trade cat figurines for cat furniture;)

I got this one at a small town flea market mid-July.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lucky for me I double checked the clear coat I grabbed to do the brass with. Wood penetrating and no mention of metal. At least I noticed before I used it. I hate using paint stripper and it would have been the only way to get it off. I have not made it back to hardware store yet, Karen and I spent what time I had on the weekend at thrift stores and flea markets. I thought you will like the following find, looks very familiar:)

IMG_2810.JPG

I found a lot on the weekend, I will try and take photos of the rest later. The following three appear to be stone carvings. The two on the left I got from a Pakistani man and he told me they are from Pakistan. I have bought other figurines from him in the past and I think he likes that I have the Pakistani figurines as a set.

IMG_2816.JPG

@Jcatbird - Congratulations on getting BJ inside. All my best to you, BJ and the other kitties.

@raysmyheart Without a doubt you can add me to that list of friends:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_2918.JPG
We could trade cat figurines for cat furniture;)

I got this one at a small town flea market mid-July.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lucky for me I double checked the clear coat I grabbed to do the brass with. Wood penetrating and no mention of metal. At least I noticed before I used it. I hate using paint stripper and it would have been the only way to get it off. I have not made it back to hardware store yet, Karen and I spent what time I had on the weekend at thrift stores and flea markets. I thought you will like the following find, looks very familiar:)

View attachment 258431

I found a lot on the weekend, I will try and take photos of the rest later. The following three appear to be stone carvings. The two on the left I got from a Pakistani man and he told me they are from Pakistan. I have bought other figurines from him in the past and I think he likes that I have the Pakistani figurines as a set.

View attachment 258438

@Jcatbird - Congratulations on getting BJ inside. All my best to you, BJ and the other kitties.

@raysmyheart Without a doubt you can add me to that list of friends:)
Absolutely! I have a tabby-and-white cat with the very same form as your first and second ones. The two alabaster cats are beautiful and may very well be Pakistani. The tall brownish cat is interesting -- I've never seen any like it.
And yes, we are twin cat-with-fish creamer families now!;) I think it's very PAWSitive to share cat collectibles, don't you?
IMG_2905 (1).JPG

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I always thought he was the cutest baby in the world, but I figured I might be a bit biased. I could never quite decide who he looks more like but seeing side by side with his sister - who's practically a clone of her dad - I've decided he looks like Dad. Aedan and Aislyn have the same face. Aedan just got my coloring.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
foxxycat foxxycat - It's been so long since I heard Toto's Africa, I listened to it twice!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine This song came off this album-Got it at a yard sale for a dollar!

The Greatest Hits of the 80s [Box Set #1] [Box] by Various Artists (CD, Feb-1999, 3 Discs, Platinum Disc) | eBay

I only have disc 1= I would love to find #2 and #3.
M maggiedemi Yes that's another great song! She's still writing! And singing!
I did The Judds Grampa tell me about the good ol days for my karaoke and wasn't too bad...but I don't have a high pitched voice so I do better with these kinds of songs.

@raysmyheart I hope you have a better day, and know I think of you and your beautiful girl Speedy! Sending you prayers and hugs!!

I got to enjoy a half hour of outdoors by going for a bike ride on lunch and the smells of the woods and grass always makes me smile! It was cool at 45ish but my special Gore jacket kept me plenty toasty!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I always thought he was the cutest baby in the world, but I figured I might be a bit biased. I could never quite decide who he looks more like but seeing side by side with his sister - who's practically a clone of her dad - I've decided he looks like Dad. Aedan and Aislyn have the same face. Aedan just got my coloring.
There's no telling the different influences he has, but as he grows you might see some of you, besides his coloring, in him. He sure is a cute little guy and being raised to love CATS makes him a great guy inside and out!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I had to contain myself when I found the fishy cat creamer:)
Yes sharing such beautiful pieces of art is most definitely PAWsitive.:kneading:
Art is meant to be shared.

The one on the left seems to be older (heavier) and is far from mint condition. I only paid $5.00 for it. It has a dull finish with a lot of stains and chips.
OldCatFigVsNewCatFig.JPG

Plus I got The Cat and the Fiddle cat to go with the little Puss in Boots.
FiddleCatFig.JPG

I got a lot of stuff on the weekend I will post more photos soon.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the side benefits of having family in town is it turns us into weekend warrior exercisers with all of the extra walking, walking, walking as we visit all the tourist sites. I'm tired. whew!

----

Here's another funny video:

This video has me losing it loudly enough that the dogs are bopping me in the leg like "what? Are you OK? Should we be laughing too?"
I love cats that "Respond" to everything you say, and deciding what their actual words are is just so much cheap entertainment.
This little man will destroy the apples, devour your soul, then take a nap on his fuzzy blankie. And the music is fitting.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - :lol: OH! I laughed till I cried, and that's a pawsitive for a MONDAY! How on earth did those apples stay so darn still with that gruesome monster intimidating them?!

I need to watch that video again, thank you!
Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever seen a kitten do?
Not only did he flash the camera with his wee little butt, but he jumped at it, with the pinned ears and eyes that say "go ahead, make my day". :flail:

This is several years old but has me in stitches. Love this guy, I really admire him. And I love how he goes crazy scaring adults, but if you'll notice when kids come around, he's much less "AAAAH" in his scares and more subdued. :thumbsup:
(click on the video, it should play I hope.)
I'm so in the Halloween mood to have good, fun scares but none of that gory crap.:crazy:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever seen a kitten do?
Not only did he flash the camera with his wee little butt, but he jumped at it, with the pinned ears and eyes that say "go ahead, make my day".

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Tiny little kitten pitted against something about which it knows nothing. Could be anything at all. Wary? Yep. Afraid? Nope. Every one of them - no matter how small - has the Heart of a lion.

StinkEye from a fox? Yep - I think so. Two minutes later than the usual "dusk" and there she is, glaring at me from across the back lawn.

"Why you is so late, Human?"

foxglare.jpg

Maybe foxes and Snowshoes are related.

After seven o'clock here and it's still fifty degrees, with another day just like this predicted for tomorrow. In many "average" Octobers, we've had snow here by this point. Nine days removed from November, this weather couldn't be more pawsitive!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever seen a kitten do?
It was pretty darn cute, for sure! On that bed in the video, with the pillows making a "tumbling slope" out of the bedspread, I recognized the initial makings of what we, in our house, call.... The Thunderdome (*cue dramatic music*). When our kitty was a kitten, we'd arrange three or four pillows into a circle then lay a quilt or comforter over that area. It created a big "tumbling playpen" in the center of it that Milly would roll around in, playing with her various toys. We called it The Thunderdome. If Milly was missing for several minutes, one of us would ask, 'Where's Milly?' Invariably, she'd be in The Thunderdome, playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.