Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've moved some roast chicken (will use for sandwiches) and a bag of 6 portions of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes to the fridge to thaw.

i've already scooped the litter boxes, and will wash the dishes shortly.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spent most of the morning running errands: Petco, local garden center, Home Depot. I swear the two local Petcos have a lousy selection of everything:angrywoman: I did find what I needed but the selection in general was very very limited. I stopped at the garden center to check out their indoor plant selection. I ended up getting an air plant to replace a dead one I have and a healthier "Crispy Wave" fern than what I got from the supermarket. I picked up a new pop up sink stopper placement and potting soil from Home Depot.

I put the new fern into a bigger pot when I got home. I did that outside since I always make a mess.

Then I did laundry.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Washed down my bathroom, washed/dried towels,
used the Dry Swiffer floor in great room, then the Wet Swiffer a couple of times in great room, entryway....

Took up a volunteer shift at the Humane Society... 2+ hours... with 6 kitties...

Home;
threw clothes in washer...
Shower...
Quick Supper from Trader Joe's, frozen...

E-mails, updating about today at the Humane Society...

Relaxing...

I am bonding with a cat... but she has so many issues, and my apartment is having the kitchen and bathrooms renovating in late September.. She is so scared, skittish.. she was previously abused... still carries a BB pellet in her shoulder... sweet, scared girl..

She trusted me enough to get her out of her out of her cubby a few weeks ago.. was hiding in a corner...she responded to loving around her face.. I just took her out.. felt it was the 'right' time...

Now, When she recognizes me, she is willing to come out.. and she does for other volunteers also..
On and off my lap, sits/lies down next to me, on the bench....plays a bit with a toy.. is afraid of 'ropey' things.. she had to have been abused so badly... is afraid of my feet... so scared, but she seems to trust me...
sigh....

I do not need a cat with issues... sigh....
But she is so sweet.. so scared.. so skittish.. My place definitely not be good for her, at this time.. in October, but not now..

She has been in a cubby for a month.. I feel so bad for her....sigh...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Poor little baby. She seems like a sweetheart. It will take time for her to recover, but it sounds like she's doing well. Will you consider taking her when the work is done on your condo?
  • We stayed in bed until 6:00 this morning, breakfast for the kids, working on the first load of laundry, need to scoop the boxes
  • I think I'm going to make two more 2-crust peach pies this morning. I also need to take the quarts of canned peaches to the basement. I usually keep canned good on the kitchen counter overnight to give them time to cool down, seals to pop, etc.
  • This house needs a good vacuuming and dusting
It's raining so I don't see much in the way of outside work being done. Rick's back hasn't gotten any better; if anything it seems worse this morning. I think he should see the doctor; he says it will be OK. Sometimes.....:bat: Sorry, I love the guy, but he makes me crazy!

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up with a sore back so I'm going to take an easy day :sigh: One of the occupational hazards of the last job. Throwing out my back due to moving heaving objects on my own without the aid of a dolly or hand truck or anything was NOT in the job description and in fact was one of the many things withheld from me as I was considering the position :angrywoman: I still have lingering back issues to this day.

A trip to Target and the local garden center will have to wait until next weekend.

I do need to go to the supermarket for groceries. I don't plan to buy too much.

I should vacuum the litter and dust bunnies off floor :paperbag:

Maybe a walk later. Or just borrow an e-book or e-magazine from the library and read that.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am hoping that Tammy will somehow be adopted before October.. She is such a sweet kitty. Never brings out her claws ... I sing to her, also... calling her:
"Tammy, tell me true..." and I kiss the top of her head.. I think she is bonding...sigh...A couple of people have comment on how much she loves me... I am not sure of it, or how she reacts with others..

The renovations are not my idea.. I rent, and the owners want to update every apartment. I would rather have it done, when I volunteer, in the good weather, rather have them TELL me when they are doing it-- probably in the middle of winter..

If there were no renovations, I think I would have taken Tammy in....sigh.

Right now, she is having some constipation issues... that is not what I need, after dealing with Artie and his megacolon.. sigh...
But she is so sweet..
She has been shot with a BB gun, sometime in her youth.. she still has a pellet in her shoulder.. poor thing... God knows what atrocities she has been through...

I can completely understand why she is afraid... A young guy came in yesterday to play with her, she was frightened of him, was clinging to me.... sigh... poor thing...

Today:
Up early for Mass,
Read newspaper
on line
perhaps a quick nap...
Back to shelter for a cleaning, feeding shift.....
Going for an ice cream, as my reward for volunteering... actually, my justification for the ice cream...

Seems as if a lot of back issues are coming up.. I swear it has been all the humidity we have had.. not good for any aches-- just kind of amplifies them...

Weird thing.. this spring/summer, now that I do not have Artie, I have tons of Sparrows coming onto my balcony...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've already scooped the litter boxes.

i'll wash the dishes, and get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It does sound like she is bonding with you artiemom artiemom When Mom went into the hospital and then on to the nursing home, I used to go up to her apt during lunch and again at night and take care of Muffin, her cat. Muffin and I bonded during the two weeks before I brought her home. It's a very strong bond, too. I adore her and I know how much she loves me. When the bond is there, it's difficult to break. I hope it works out for the best for that little girl. It sounds like she needs a special mama to help her. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Rick took a vacation day today, but I'm at work. His back is still really bad and it takes him a while to get up and moving around. Once he's up, it's not too bad, but when he stops moving, then it stiffens back up. He has a care meeting at his mom's nursing home this afternoon; she fell over the weekend and sprained her ankle.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a shower and got ready for work
  • Must grab a few groceries; I may be on cookie duty tomorrow and I used a ton of sugar canning those peaches over the weekend. I need sugar and flour, too.
And I think that's about it for today. It's drizzling, so I guess coming into work won't kill me. Can't do much at home anyway.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom -- Tammy will be better for having known you, for being given your love and care -- no matter what you decide. :redheartpump:

today i've spent some time with my budget, and continued with some planning. i've also scooped the litter boxes, and taken out the trash.

i'll wash the dishes and slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle and watch some tv.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester Winchester and micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom

The more I am getting to know Tammy, the more I think she was severely abused, at an earlier time in her life. She still has the BB pellet in her; She is scared of feet, scared of young male adults, scared of rope type toys... seems to have a short attention span: only plays for a few minutes, only sits on you lap for a couple minutes, will only lie next to you for a few minutes... then she is off, curled up on the floor, staring into space.... I think she has some neurological damage.. and you cannot make any sudden or even slow movements without letting her be aware of it... I wonder if her eyesight is ok? She does not like high places, and is a ground-hider...

So sad. I really feel for her. If I lived in my own condo, I would take her in.. around here there is too much noise, from construction, for her to be comfortable..

I will try to work with her again, tomorrow night, although it is a cleaning/feeding shift... I am filling in for an emergency, open spot. The person, covering for the regular one who is on vacation, had a bad asthma attack, yesterday...

Although all the current kitties, 6 of them, cry so hard to be let out... poor things... Yes, they are all getting to know me...

*Anyway: Today, so far:
*Did regular morning things..
*made a salad for supper
*took trash out
*Went to Walmart
*visited a former neighbor
*had an ice cream, sitting on the Beach wall, while watching the Wind Surfers
*Talked with another neighbor as I was getting into my apartment
now on line here

Tomorrow will be a busy day...

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick went back to work this morning and I'm off for the shower door install.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, took the shower curtain down in the bathroom, removed the bathroom rugs and Bastet, did some general straightening-up around here, scooped the boxes, a very quick vacuum in the living room, kitchen and back the hallway
  • Baking cookies today: Browned butter, chocolate and caramel chips with toasted pecans, lemon spongecake cookies, brownie cookies, and if I have time, some sugar cookies. I'll just put them all in the freezer. (I'm going to my sister's on Friday night; our nephew is coming for the weekend and bringing a ton of crab to make his awesome crab cakes. My sister suggested that I bring plenty of cookies for all the kids. And a cherry-almond cake. Oh, and my crock pot beans. Rick can't be there because he's going to a ZZ Top concert.)
  • Vet appointments tonight for Mollipop, Muffin, and Tabby
Going to be a long day! After the guys install the door and get out of here, I'll turn the music on and start baking. The doughs are made and in the fridge (except for the sugar cookie dough).

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day...
*up early for Mass..
*Then to garage to check AC in car
home, made salad for supper; hardboiled an egg to go with it.
*washed dishes
*Waiting for the guy to come in to vacuum out the dryer, so I am on-line, until he comes
*Then early supper
*Back to another volunteer shift at Humane/Rescue--- cleaning, feeding shift...

Still need to pick up something at the cleaners...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The girls survived their vet visits. All three are fine, nice teeth and gums, shiny eyes, soft fur. Tabby had some minor stuff in her ears that they cleaned out and she needed a rabies vaccine (Tabby has a lot of ear wax and we are constantly cleaning that poor girl's ears out.....she had a horrible case of ear mites when she first came to live with us.) Tabby weighs 8 pounds, Molli is 8 pounds, and Muffin is 9 pounds. All healthy, all fine. They cut Molli's claws and had to swaddle her to do them. That girl has serious 'tude and she was growling and spitting at the vet. She didn't even want to get weighed. After she was done, she and I went back out to see the receptionist, who I call Molli's Kitty-Godmother; had it not been for her asking me if I wanted to see the kittens when we took Boo and Pepe to the vet that time, I would have never known about our Miss Pop. Hard to believe it's been eight years.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, some general clean-up, sorted laundry, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester Winchester and micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom

The more I am getting to know Tammy, the more I think she was severely abused, at an earlier time in her life. She still has the BB pellet in her; She is scared of feet, scared of young male adults, scared of rope type toys... seems to have a short attention span: only plays for a few minutes, only sits on you lap for a couple minutes, will only lie next to you for a few minutes... then she is off, curled up on the floor, staring into space.... I think she has some neurological damage.. and you cannot make any sudden or even slow movements without letting her be aware of it... I wonder if her eyesight is ok? She does not like high places, and is a ground-hider...

So sad. I really feel for her. If I lived in my own condo, I would take her in.. around here there is too much noise, from construction, for her to be comfortable..

I will try to work with her again, tomorrow night, although it is a cleaning/feeding shift... I am filling in for an emergency, open spot. The person, covering for the regular one who is on vacation, had a bad asthma attack, yesterday...

Although all the current kitties, 6 of them, cry so hard to be let out... poor things... Yes, they are all getting to know me...

*Anyway: Today, so far:
*Did regular morning things..
*made a salad for supper
*took trash out
*Went to Walmart
*visited a former neighbor
*had an ice cream, sitting on the Beach wall, while watching the Wind Surfers
*Talked with another neighbor as I was getting into my apartment
now on line here

Tomorrow will be a busy day...
Remember when we told you Artie would let you know when it was time for another cat and that he would show you the one? Your heart has told you the answer. Now you have to follow it. Tammy probably is simply traumatized and hides inside herself. Given time, a lot of love, and a quiet home, I think you'll have a beautiful companion. If she can handle all the noise at the shelter, she can handle your renovations. Your love will make all the difference.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon I worked at the shelter again, last night. I was so shocked! There was a young (21) year old woman, who waited there for me to arrive. She had fallen in love with Tammy, just from her story and looking at her. She had even filled out an application, for 'any' cat-- then after meeting Tammy, she crossed that out, and put Tammy's name on it.

I showed her all the cats, but she insisted on Tammy! Tammy surprised me also: She was asking to be let out of her cubby!!! OMG... first time..

The Woman, spent half an hour with Tammy.
Tammy was all over her, ignoring me. Yup... ignoring me... and cuddling with the woman.

I stressed that Tammy was abused, and needed a quiet home. This woman is living with her sister and her grandmother, early 70's in her grandmothers house. She is looking for a ESA for herself-- not her grandmother, although she will be home a most of the days... So Tammy will have company.

This woman was soft spoken, very, very gentle with Tammy, playing with her also..She has had cats and dogs her entire life, and is currently pet less...

Tammy also cuddled up to her. She really fell in love with Tammy... but we will see what the adoption people feel... my gut feeling is Tammy found a home..

I took a picture of them, together:
IMG_1469.JPG

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I hope it works out! I want her to have a home where she'll be cherished and loved and never have to worry about abuse again. Good luck to that pretty little girl!

We had a nice, relatively cool evening, with temps around 58 degrees and low humidity. It was wonderful and we slept so well.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, some general clean-up, grabbed a shower. Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way into work this morning.
  • I have a hair appt tonight; I cancelled it last week when I got that migraine (if I wasn't so blasted vain, I wouldn't have hair appts, but I'm not ready to be silver-white yet).
  • Must scoop boxes
  • I have to bake a cherry-almond coffee cake to take over to my sister's for dinner tomorrow night. I really wish I could make it tomorrow, but til I get home from work, there won't be time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That night went by quickly. I had a hair appt; til I got home, it was going on 8:00 and then I baked that cherry-almond cake. Til I got the kitchen cleaned up and the cake was cool enough to cover, it was going on midnight. I'm pooped this morning and all I do is yawn.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a shower, put my beans into the crock pot and plugged the crock pot in down in the basement
  • Must scoop when I get home
  • Go to my sister's for dinner tonight. (I'm on my own as Dear Richard is going to the ZZ Top concert tonight. I didn't want to go; we've seen them three times now and I didn't want to spend the money for a ticket.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. after that, i'll spend some time with my budget and on some planning. i'll also do a little decluttering, filing some papers and etc.

later this afternoon, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle and watch some tv.

i went to the produce auction earlier this week, and brought home: 4 pints of (perfectly ripe) grape tomatoes for 50 cents each, a bag containing one medium zucchini and one medium-large yellow crookneck squash at $1, a quart of regular sized tomatoes (not the best available, but the price was right -- and will serve sliced with salad dressing drizzled over) for $1, and two cantaloupes (one medium sized, and one large) at 50 cents per.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another good day at the product auction micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! I really like cantaloupe, but Rick does not.

Rick and I enjoyed our nights last night; he liked the ZZ Top concert (he went with a guy from work) and I had a good time with my sister and her family. My brother and SIL came in for dinner, too. Good food and a great visit. And, of course, I got to spend time with The Harley, my sister's gorgeous black Maine Coon-ish kitty. I adore that boy.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied out the dishwasher, will scoop boxes after I finish my coffee
  • Errands: Banking, Target, Lowes
  • Mow the yard
  • Vacuum and swiffer about the house, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Separate clothes for washing tomorrow morning

Status
Not open for further replies.