Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick took a vacation day today; I'm in the office, drat it anyway. He's coming in at lunch time and we're going to hit the farmers' market. I'd like some fresh garlic, 'shrooms, fresh corn, and some peaches. We'll definitely get a hot sausage sandwich for lunch (which is the only reason Rick goes to the market) and Rick will buy a couple filled cookies for himself. I may get a small ice cream cone at our local ice cream place in town for dessert. Which means I won't have much for dinner tonight. But both the sandwich and the ice cream are worth it! (They also have the best French fries I've ever had in my life!)
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, grabbed a quick shower (didn't pack a lunch because of going to the market today)
  • Laundry night (unless Dear Richard decides to do it for me this afternoon)
  • Trash night
  • A quick vacuum about the house
I plan to park my butt in bed with the girls tonight and read for a while.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll get that hummus made too. i'll move another pint of milk to the fridge to thaw.

other than that, i'll be nursing our little DeeDee, who has an upper respiratory infection (diagnosed as viral, so no antibiotics needed). poor thing has sinus congestion, tearing eyes (clear discharge), and is sneezing (also clear discharge). :sickcat: she's being given double her usually daily dose of lysine, as are Dude and Punky -- because they could possibly catch the upper respiratory infection, though have shown no symptoms as yet. :crossfingers:

i'll work on a jigsaw puzzle this afternoon, and likely will watch some tv too.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since everyone on the site has at least 1 cat, scooping the box should just be assumed. :) But it does count as a thing to do. I am (foster) kittenless now, so I feel like I have more time in the morning.

This morning before work:
Made a litter bag for my car
Finished emptying my bags from being gone for a week.
Fed inside and outside cats
Took said bags and some other things to my MIL's house (she lives with us so I store my things there.)
Tonight I stopped and got groceries
The rest of the night I will feed and put to bed MIL, get something to eat myself and just chill for a little while.
Since everyone on the site has at least 1 cat, scooping the box should just be assumed. :) But it does count as a thing to do. I am (foster) kittenless now, so I feel like I have more time in the morning.

This morning before work:
Made a litter bag for my car
Finished emptying my bags from being gone for a week.
Fed inside and outside cats
Took said bags and some other things to my MIL's house (she lives with us so I store my things there.)
Tonight I stopped and got groceries
The rest of the night I will feed and put to bed MIL, get something to eat myself and just chill for a little while.
Not everyone has an inside cat so not everyone has to scope their boxes. My last cat died 3 years ago but I have 3 or 4 ferals that I feed. I think they should count as having a cat.
Also it should be assumed that everyone feeds their cats everyday, etc. You shouldn't feel it necessary to say it everyday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today our DeeDee is starting to feel much better! :yess: she's snuggling with me again, has sat on the window sill sunning herself for a while, and is now napping in the cat tree cubby house. :D

our Dude and Punky started sneezing yesterday evening. they've been given a double dose of their daily lysine for 2 1/2 days so far, which i'm hopeful will lessen their symptoms. :crossfingers:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move two pints of milk to the fridge to thaw.

i've already spent some time with my budget.

later this afternoon, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I met my newest niece! She's just as adorable as her older sister. I also stopped at a bakery to use a Groupon and picked up some cupcakes for my sister and my brother-in-law to celebrate. I also went to work and had a meeting there, usual work stuff.

mariegary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today is a work day, but what I'm going to do to buy a new coffee pack at near grocery store, then pick up the earliest train, and sit in front of my crush.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is working OT this morning. We were up at 3:30, but after feeding the kids, I went back to bed for a nap. It's raining and thundering here, anyway, so we won't be getting much outside work done today. It will be good day for him to take a nap this afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, did a quick vacuum about the house
  • Will wipe down the kitchen and bathroom shortly
  • May work on some laundry today
We'd like to stay outside tonight to watch the Perseids, but it may be too cloudy and muggy for us to see anything.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just returned from errands: dropped off a return at the new Amazon store, Target for a few things. Then I fixed my bathroom sink stopper. It was stuck in the down position:rolleyes: I have to close the sink stopper whenever I leave because Emma has a habit of somehow pulling the rubber gasket out from under the stopper and trying to eat it :cringe: I have the first load of laundry in.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll move a couple pints of milk as well as a 2-quart container of something (dinner), to the fridge to thaw. i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll look over some planning.

i'll be keeping a close eye on my three today, especially Dude and Punky -- who are experiencing some lingering gastro sensitivity, part of their upper respiratory infections. otherwise, all three cats seem to have passed the worst of their symptoms. :yess:

later this afternoon, i'll continue with the jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We saw a few meteors last night, but nothing spectacular. There were a couple breaks in the clouds. I've had very restless nights all week long, asleep then awake for a while, fall back asleep, only to awaken again about 45 minutes later.

Since we had rain and t-storms yesterday, Rick took a nap on the couch and I spent the afternoon completely cleaning out the freezers in the basement and taking stock of what we have. I found two containers of green beans from 2012 :paperbag: and one container of pumpkin from 2011 :paperbag:. They were at the very bottom of the chest freezer with other stuff on top of them. I took them out of their containers and took them up to the compost pile. The freezers are cleaned out, washed out, and re-stocked. And I have updated my "What's in the Freezer?" list so I have a better idea of what's going on.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed, and am on the first of three loads of laundry. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap.
  • Rick's mom asked me if I'd made a blueberry buckle lately. I have not, so I'll make one later on this morning and we'll take some up to her tonight. I cleaned the Nook up, too, charged it and will reloaded it with library e-books for her. She needs Tide stain sticks and we're also taking some clementines to her; I noticed our grocery has them on sale and she loves them.
  • If it doesn't rain, we're working outside. I'll mow the jungle while Rick trims with the push-mower. If it rains, there's plenty to do in the house. I'd like to clean out the fridge freezer as well as the fridge, but we'll see how things go with the rain.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i don't have much to do. i've already taken care of a couple little things, spent some time with my budget, as well as moved another pint of milk to the fridge. last night, i went ahead and moved desserts and cold cuts to the fridge to thaw -- so i was a little ahead of the game this morning! ;)

i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes shortly. then continue with some planning.

after that, i'll continue with the jigsaw puzzle i started on yesterday. this evening, i'll watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am pooped this morning. And I have the beginnings of a headache that, I'm afraid, is going to get ugly before it gets better. I came into work, but I'm so tired, I could easily curl up and nap. It was a busy working-weekend for both of us. Rick has a vacation day today and, when I left for work, he was sacked out on the couch with two cats.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a shower, etc
  • I have a planning commission meeting today and I have to discuss three plans. It's going to be a long meeting.
  • Grab a few groceries. I'd like to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, but that depends on how I feel by then.
  • As soon as I can, I'm going to bed. I'm really hoping the headache goes away without a lot of hassle.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i hope your headache goes away soon! :crossfingers:

today i've aleady scooped the litter boxes. i'll wash the dishes, then make a phone call.

our Punky's appetite seems to be improving slowly, while Dude seems to be experiencing some level of lingering gastro sensitivity. :sickcat: our little DeeDee is now 100% again! :purr:

this afternoon, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom This morning is Day 2. It's still there and in full force. Is your Dude feeling any better this morning?

My commission meeting last night took forever; it's really rare that I have to discuss plans for almost two hours. Combine that with the headache and it did not go well. I know the Chair could tell something was off. I finally got done, grabbed my stuff, got home, and went to bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • Hair appointment tonight; I may have to call in to re-schedule. I hate having my hair messed with when I'm not feeling well. I've only had to do that once, but I may do it today.
  • We didn't make it for groceries last night, so if things go OK, we'll go tonight. Same with Bed Bath and Beyond. And if not, maybe we'll just bag groceries for this week.
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel human today! :clap2: Headache is still there, but not nearly as bad as it was the past two days. I think I'm going to survive. We did grab groceries last night, but I still didn't get to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I didn't even bother with dinner. I cancelled my hair appt (I didn't want anybody messing with my hair because it hurt too much), we went for a few groceries, got back home, and I went to bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, separated two loads of laundry, put a bag of dried beans in water to soak in the fridge, grabbed a shower and got ready for work
  • I'm heading out for a while to take pictures of some projects throughout the county. We need pictures of several parking lots (paved, unpaved, etc). Probably be gone a couple of hours. Hopefully it won't rain!
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • Make ham and bean soup for tomorrow night's supper

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another slow day at work :sleep: We finally got something approved so things should pick up late next week :yess:The team has to go to the swanky company office downtown today to interview a potential candidate. That should take up most of the morning. The lab space is far from swanky, more like 90's cubicles and decor :cringe:

Call the vet to give an update on the cats' various issues.

After work I need to stop by the fancy chocolate store to get a gift for someone :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for asking about my boy, Winchester Winchester ! our Dude seems to be not getting any worse, but i'm cautiously optimistic that he's slowly shaking off the last of his upper respiratory infection. Punky on the other hand, saw our vet earlier this week -- she took a downward turn with her upper respiratory infection. we caught things before she developed pneumonia, though our vet did hear 'rattling' (or some such term the vet used) in her lungs. she had some bloodwork done, an x-ray (to make sure she hadn't gotten to pneumonia), and was given some fluids as well as a convenia (antibiotic) shot. i could see some positive difference by the next day, and she's now eating much better/has a better appetite too. :yess:

today i'll wash the dishes, (have already) scoop the litter boxes, slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday, and spend some time with my budget and on some planning.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv. i'll also create some more jigsaw puzzles -- underwater ocean photos and drawings/paintings. :D

i went to the produce auction earlier this week, and brought home: seven 10-12 ounce containers of Heluva Good Jalapeno and Cheese dip for 35 cents each (6 containers are in the freezer, and i have one in the fridge -- this dip goes very well with mini pretzels :yummy:), and a tray of medium sized bananas (41 bananas total) at $2.50 -- which i've removed the peels, portioned into groups (for particular recipes i often make using bananas), labeled, and into the freezer they went...except for 3, which i'm slicing and adding to my breakfast cereal. ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm glad Dude is better, but sorry about Punky's infection. I hope things clear up for her soon; it's no fun when your kids aren't feeling well. It's good that she's getting her appetite back. :vibes::vibes:

For some reason, the treadmill really kicked me in the butt this morning. I think a lot of has to do with the humidity; even the basement is ugly. The sweat was running down my face and I swear I could have wrung my shirt out. And all for only 2.5 miles! Nasty. Part of it is from the beta-blocker I take for BP; the med is working very well, so I deal with the sweating part of it. But this morning, it really bothered me.

After I'm done on the treadmill, I open the basement door and Mollipop is right there. She loves her basement tours and Rick says that as soon as she hears the music turn off, she heads down the steps for me to pick her up, so we can walk through the basement. This morning, I opened the door and no Mollipop. I stood there for a while and didn't hear her. I called up the steps, "Molli! Hey, baby girl, where are you?" She hit the floor with a thud, started calling to me, "I'm coming! Don't shut the door! I'm coming!" And poof! There she was, meowing at me. I picked her up and we did the tour. Gotta love my Miss Pop. :redheartpump:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 very sweaty miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Working over lunch today and leaving work early to pick up two bushels of peaches for canning on Saturday. I have enough regular canning lids, but need a box of wide-mouth lids. I want enough peaches to can 20 quarts, make a couple peach pies, some peach dumplings, and maybe some peach cobbler. My sister put in an order for peach dumplings last night. :) I haven't made peach dumplings in decades!
  • We have to take The Beast down to the vet for a booster vaccine. Thankfully, we're just seeing a vet tech for this, so it shouldn't take too long.
  • Somewhere along the line, the boxes will need to be scooped. That will probably be my job because Rick threw his back out again. He said he was just standing in the kitchen, felt a twinge, and there it was. I helped him get dressed this morning. Once he's up and moving, it's not too bad, but it's getting up and moving around.
And that should be it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! :D

today i've got the dishes to wash, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make a couple notes in some planning too. after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, then watch something on tv later on.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got my peaches and am ready to go. Rick just left for work and I'm drinking my morning coffee. It's 4:39 a.m. here. :sigh: Going to be a long day.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Canning peaches today
  • Do a good clean-up in the kitchen and do a load of kitchen towels and dish cloths
  • Scoop boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.