Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just killing time at work right now. I'm done but I have an appointment down the street at 10am. It would have made more sense to come in closer to 9am and then go to the appointment :doh: Although the nearby Petsmart is open now :think:

I'll drop by Trader Joe's later for those mint chocolate star cookies and whatever else seems interesting.

The mouse box needs to be cleaned tonight. For a single mouse, he's awfully stinky:cringe: My previous trio of males weren't so stinky.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy You're right! I didn't put down that I need to scoop tonight!

I PMed you about the cheese.
Thanks for the PM but I don't know how to reply. I tried sending two to you but the CatSite kept saying I was sending the PMs to them. Thanks anyway for your offer. I don't know how to sent PMs because I never get them.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the PM but I don't know how to reply.
It's the same as replying to a thread in the forum. At the bottom of the PM is a box where you type in your reply. Then click on Post Reply.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I sent you another PM. We'll get you PM-ing like a pro!

My BIL, Rick and I made about 60 pounds of link sausage yesterday. While we ground the sausage in their kitchen, we filled the casings outside on their back porch. It was quite chilly, but we managed. Rick and I had a couple blow-outs, where the casing got a hole, and we had to stop and fix them. It was really interesting. He's going to smoke ten pounds this afternoon in his Big Green Egg. And we got to take some home. It's so good. He says he's going to wait til closer to spring now to do the kielbasa and the Italian sausage.

Today, I'm going to take it easy.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sitting back here with my coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and I sorted laundry.
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • Rick thinks he might go to church this morning. While he's gone, I'll scoop the boxes and do a good vacuuming and dusting. I also want to wipe down the living room windows to get rid of kitty (and Beast) schnuffle. Wipe down the kitchen and bathroom.
  • I need to make a frozen peanut butter pie for dessert for Rick and me. The cheesecake will wait until our kids come up on Saturday.
  • We are to get snow tonight. Not a lot, maybe a couple of inches. But we're talking about visiting with Rick's mom this afternoon instead of waiting until tonight.
  • I think that, while I'm in the bedroom tonight watching Outlander, I'll wrap Dear Richard's gifts.
And that's it. Kind of an easy day today. Not a lot going on.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having my second breakfast at work. Then I need to call the vet to give a weekend update on the cats. Then I have to get started with work since we moved things up a day because of the holiday tomorrow and the next day. Hopefully we can leave early today like we did on Friday :crossfingers:

If the weather isn't bad (supposed to snow / rain today), I'll stop by the library to drop off an item and pick up two new ones that are on hold for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't get the snow the local weather-weenies were talking about. It was all rain.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, walked 4 miles, Rick scooped and I'm sitting back here with my coffee
  • I threw a load of cat stuff in the washer this morning; that will be the extent of any actual work today. I hope.
  • We need to run down to Target to pick up meds and Scotch tape. I was going to wrap Rick's things last night, but we're out of tape. (I don't think we're out of tape; I think we can't find the tape.) We may hit the mall, if for nothing else than to get a bit of walking in. Never did grab any groceries; when I went through my list, I realized I don't need anything. We're good.
And I think that's pretty much it for us. I may get a fairly quiet afternoon in with my library books on my iPad today.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spent an hour at work. It's Boxing Day and a company holiday but I volunteered to check on things.

Afterward, I treated myself to a decadent treat at a cafe :yummy:

Dropped off an item at the library book drop. I thought they were open regular hours today but they're not. I'll have to get the items on hold tomorrow. Stopped by CVS to browse until the next bus arrived. I picked up some half off wrapping paper, tissue paper, and boxes for next Christmas.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've made a phone call, and have kept the wood stove going.

coming up this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move (something for upcoming dinners) to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll spend probably just a few minutes with my budget, and then play some computer games and watch tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I came back to work yesterday (Wednesday) and Rick went back today. But he has off then until next Wednesday as do I. I'll take it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • On the way into work, I stopped for gas because Rick will be taking the car to bowling tonight
  • Must scoop the boxes
  • I know I said I wasn't baking any more cookies, but, well, I'm thinking of some raspberry thumbprints and I never did get those blasted madeleines made. Now they're calling me. I may bake some cookies tonight. Rick's bowling, so I can crank up the music and hit the kitchen.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is off work today and I'm working til noon then I have off for a long weekend. The kids are coming tomorrow (Saturday) for our Christmas, so I have some things to get done today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work. I also put 3 packages of cream cheese in the microwave to come to room temp for this afternoon. (Rick will scoop boxes when he gets up from his morning nap.)
  • Must stop at the store for sour cream, then get my butt home to make the snickerdoodle cheesecake this afternoon. I'm experimenting with a recipe that I found, not only to make it fit into a 10-inch springform pan (it's for a 9-inch pie plate), but also to make it gluten-free as my DIL is gluten-free. It should be an "interesting" cheesecake. Seriously, I hoping it works out OK. I sat down with the recipe last night and re-figured measurements; I'm more concerned with baking time than anything. Rick said he'll vacuum and such this afternoon while I'm working on the cheesecake.
  • Tonight we're going to Lowes, then to the grocery for a few things for tomorrow. I also need to do an Amazon gift card for Dearest Granddaughter as part of her Christmas present; she dearly loves books, so we always give her a card so she can choose her own books. Dearest Granddaughter's birthday was right before Christmas, so she'll have both birthday gifts and Christmas gifts tomorrow.
And that's pretty much it for today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much to do here today!

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going as needed -- it's forecast to get up to low 50's here! :yess:

i'll take a look at the baked macaroni and cheese recipe, to see what i'll need to get thawing soon. will move a 5 pound package of jalapeno sausages to the fridge to thaw. and i'll make some pasta to go with the sweet and sour meatballs, for tonight's dinner.

after that, either play some computer games or watch some tv.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i've got a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and have moved some cheddar cheese shred to the fridge to thaw -- baked macaroni and cheese to be made this week! :yummy: i also paid a bill.

after the kitties dinner, and then my dinner, which will be shortly, i'll likely continue with a jigsaw puzzle that i started yesterday. it's on my computer, so i can choose how many pieces and what type of pieces i want. the one i'm doing now is of an old circus poster, and i've chosen 'vintage' type pieces and 285 pieces -- i enjoy the challenge of 500/750/1000 piece puzzles, but don't usually have the time on a regular basis to spend on them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've paid a bill, placed an order, and have kept the wood stove going. i've also written up my 'to do's' on the clipboard, for pretty much the rest of the week.

shortly, i'll slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday, then make 3 liters of lemon soda.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and then make/chill/slice/portion/label/freeze some raspberry cream fudge. this will use up the rest of the heavy cream in the fridge.

i'll likely watch some tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard and I are both sick. I started in with it last night, followed by Rick this morning. Coughing, sneezing, sinus, really, really tired, all that good stuff. We don't seem to be getting much done today, but I suppose that's really a good thing. He's watching football and I go to bed for a while and then get back up and work on things.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, emptied the dishwasher. We still need to scoop. I need to walk, if I want to meet my goal Monday night by midnight.
  • We took the ornaments from the TWT this afternoon and Rick will put it away after the game. I'll do a quick vacuum. I want the kitchen back, I want to be able to open the drapes at the French doors, and the tree is in the way. And Molli won't stop chewing on the branches!!
And that's pretty much it. We're both really tired and not getting much done around here.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've paid a bill, placed an order, and have kept the wood stove going. i've also written up my 'to do's' on the clipboard, for pretty much the rest of the week.

shortly, i'll slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday, then make 3 liters of lemon soda.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and then make/chill/slice/portion/label/freeze some raspberry cream fudge. this will use up the rest of the heavy cream in the fridge.

i'll likely watch some tv this evening.
well, the fudge didn't get made today...just not enough time to get it all done in one day. i'll fit it in coming up very soon.

Winchester Winchester -- i hope you and your DH feel better soon! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a walk to drop off some movies. It was icy, so it was a feat in itself that I didn't fall down the entire 4 miles. Later, I hung out with my friend Sarah and we went to dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Rick had a flu shot and a pneumonia shot, but he's in worse shape than me. It's going down into his chest. With me, it's just this horrid cough. And my headache. I either brought it home from work (two co-workers have this and my boss has been off work for over a week now with pneumonia) or we brought it home from my sister's; our nephew was really sick with it on Christmas.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop the boxes in a little while.
  • I need 4,200 steps to get to 18,000,000 by tonight at midnight. I should be able to get that in, even feeling so crappy.
  • Must make our loaf of batter bread for New Year's Eve tonight. We have to hit the store for deli meats and cheeses. DS asked me about the Batter Bread Sandwich on Saturday; they're going to try to make one today, too. He said he'd like to make it their New Year's Eve tradition.
  • The TWT tree is down, but Rick would like to keep the living room tree up til this weekend. I'm going to take down some other stuff today, just to keep a bit busy.
And that's it. I think today and tomorrow will be quiet days spent at home with Dear Richard watching football and me reading.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Took today off from work:woo:

I'm going to just run errands today: garden center to get another air plant for work. One fell apart at the roots from over watering :oops: Then Target and then the post office and library.

I might call the insurance company and switch the discount I have through the previous employer to the one I get through the college alumni association. I need to switch my cell phone discount, too, to the one my current employer offers but I can't do that until January when my new benefits start. I don't think anyone checks on any regular basis to see if you are still employed at a company and therefore still eligible for the discount but I just don't want any association with that previous company :headshake:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think anyone checks on any regular basis to see if you are still employed at a company
Verizon has actually checked with us before and my husband had to send proof of employment. He's been at another job now for a year and a half, so the next time they check we will have to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.