Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! i like cantaloupe, and it's been 8+ years since i'd had any.

today i've already scooped the litter boxes. not long from now, i'll wash the dishes and move a 2 oz 'pat' of tomato paste to the fridge to thaw. i'll also spend some time with the budget.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle and watch some tv.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the garden center where I picked up two air plants and a small planter. Then I went to Target where I didn't find what I needed (a chair cushion) but found a set of food storage containers on a clearance rack (needed replacements anyways) and a plastic tray to use as a humidity tray for my plant at work. I re potted my mini fern plant into the new planter. Hopefully it'll live :crossfingers: I bought it from the supermarket and it didn't even have soil, more like crumbly sand. It it doesn't, the garden center has plenty of the same fern. Then I did laundry.

Edited to add that the mini fern, Asplenium nidus, is non-toxic to cats :agree: Just in case, I have the planter on a shelf away from the cats. The air plants are going to live on my desk at work.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast,
Shower
Humane Society for 3 hours--9 cats
Reward was a large vanilla soft serve ice cream
shower, again
a drink of scotch
tiny salad consisting of baby lettuce, spinach, croutons and thousand island dressing
scotch and water or 2 or 3....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's rather coolish around here this morning. I'm not complaining as the heat and humidity are to start building in again this week. I'm actually wearing sweat pants this morning, for the first time in a long time. The yard is almost finished for the week; Rick is going to trim with the push mower this afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick stripped the bed and threw the sheets in the washer (I did the rest of the laundry yesterday, so I'm good today, I think).
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house (yes I cleaned the house yesterday, but....five cats and The Beast. The fur is amazing around here some times. Sometimes I remind myself of that guy on the Swiffer commercial on TV with the "Wild Child"!)
  • Work on some weeding outside; the front beds are pretty much done again, but the back beds need some work. You know, grape hyacinths should be considered "invasive"! Man, are they a pain in the butt to get rid of once they're established.
  • Visit with Rick's mom and take some cookies to her. I saved some just for her because she really likes the chocolate brownie cookies and those macadamia nut and vanilla chip cookies. I'll take them out of the freezer, so they thaw.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've already scooped the litter boxes -- better to get that done early, before it gets hot later in the day.

not long from now, i'll wash the dishes. then i'll work on some planning for a short while. i'll also move some bologna to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We (kind of) overslept this morning. The cats are not doing their job properly! I had turned the window fan on, so didn't hear much and Pepe didn't start yelling until 5:30 this morning; by that time, I'm usually already on the treadmill. Rick is taking a vacation day today and will work outside.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked around in the house for a bit, trying to get some steps in, got ready for work. Rick will scoop boxes.
  • Groceries tonight
  • Must hit Lowes for a water filter for the fridge

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've cooked some rice, have a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and have scooped the litter boxes. i also did some printing.

this afternoon, i'll wash the few dishes i have soaking. i'll look over a few things in my budget and start on some other planning, too.

after that, i'll likely continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv. will definitely be having ice cream today -- it's forecast to be a high of 85 degrees F here. :sweat:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. Awakened at 1:00 a.m. and felt great. Awakened again around 3:00, looked at the clock, thought, "Oh, thank goodness, I still have an hour!" and couldn't go back to sleep. So that was it for me. Rick's clock rang at 4:45 and that was that.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Scoop boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum
Hoping for an early night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's forecast to be extremely hot here today, 90 degrees or quite possibly higher. so i don't plan on doing much.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday. and later this afternoon, i'll strip the bed and wash the bedding.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I slept better last night. Having the window fan on makes a lot of difference in sleeping for me. But I still wasn't ready to drag my sorry butt out of bed this morning. And I really didn't want to drag said sorry butt down to the basement to hit the treadmill. But it was one of those mornings where when I whined about the treadmill, Rick said nothing. He just pointed the way to the basement and, hanging my head in self-pity, I trudged downstairs. Once I'm on the thing, I'm OK; it's just getting there. When I finished, and Molli and I came back upstairs, Rick said, "There! Don't you feel better?" To which I replied, "Oh shut up!"
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 (very sweaty) miles on the treadmill, sorted laundry into two piles on the hallway floor, grabbed a shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower, put gas into the Tucson on my way to work, and mailed a letter
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
Nintendo Nights start in again tonight! :yess: Rick starts bowling tonight, which means I get the Nintendo back. It's connected to the TV in the living room, so I let it go over the summer, so he could watch TV.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's cell alarm rang this morning and he mumbled, "No, no, no, no, no." We weren't ready to get out of bed. I'm sitting here at my desk, drinking coffee and trying to type between yawns.

BTW, I still suck little green worms at Nintendo. :paperbag::paperbag:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a shower, Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way to work.
  • Target, Lowes tonight. I might stop at Giant, too, to pick up a chocolate crust and some miniature Reese's PB cups for a peanut butter pie for our dessert for Labor Day dinner. I asked Dear Richard what he wanted for dessert and that's what he said, so that's what I'm making.
  • Scoop those boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, moved some pork bbq and some burger buns to the fridge to thaw, kitties had 'salon day' (claw trimming, with treats as a 'thank you for allowing me to'), and then i chopped/portioned/froze 6 pounds of onions. both Punky and i were squinting for a while after that, the onion fumes stinging our eyes a bit. :cringe: the cider vinegar i have in two small jars in the kitchen has effectively absorbed/neutralized the onion fumes now. :yess:

i went to the local produce auction earlier this week, and brought home: a small box (of 9 medium tomatoes) of Golden Jubilee tomatoes (orange-yellow colored, and quite tasty) for 50 cents, a 5 lb bag of mild cheddar cheese shred at $7 (that's $4.49 less than what i buy the same for, at the store), three 32 ounce containers of plain greek yogurt for 50 cents per, two dozen fresh (from the farm) large brown eggs at $1.25 each, two 3 lb bags of yellow onions for 50 cents per, and an 8 count bag of Pepperidge Farms burger buns with sesame seeds for 50 cents.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nice buys at the auction micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . Esp for those tomatoes and the onions. Eggs were a good price, too.

We were hoping that the cats would give up this morning and go back to sleep. Unfortunately those alarm clocks never turn off! Muttering "yeah, yeah, yeah" I sat up in bed and turned the light on. And five cats said "C'mon, c'mon! It's past time for breakfast!" They were right. It was 5:00, so I was 15 minutes late.
  • Breakfast for my oh-so-starving girls, emptied the dishwasher
  • After I've finished my coffee, I'm going to try a recipe from King Arthur for Chocolate Swirl Buns, just like cinnamon buns, but the filling is chocolate. I swear it's calling to me! I'm also going to throw a batch of chocolate chip cookies and a batch of peanut butter cookies together for Rick to take to his fantasy football draft meeting tonight.
  • Tonight, while Rick is at his meeting, I'm going to make potato salad and a peanut butter pie for dinner tomorrow. Friends will be joining us for dinner on Sunday. (We decided to do Labor Day on Sunday instead of Monday.)
  • Errands today: banking, the butcher shop, back to Lowes, and to the grocery store. We didn't do those errands last night as Rick's sinuses were giving him fits. Today is another day.
Here's the recipe for Chocolate Swirl Buns, if anybody is interested: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/chocolate-swirl-buns-recipe I don't have their Chocolate Filling, but I do have the Dutch-process cocoa powder, so will do the substitution. Normally when I make cinnamon buns, I don't make the frosting, but I will this morning for the chocolate buns.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester !

today i've paid two bills. i also took out the scrap bags, to the trash can outside.

this afternoon i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. then i'll continue with some planning, and spend some time with the budget.

after that, i'll likely watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, I had emptied the dishwasher out last night so no need this morning, separated laundry (first load is in the washer), Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Three loads of laundry this morning
  • I made the dough for a batch of garlic-Parm yeast rolls yesterday and threw it in the fridge for an overnight rising. I need to portion the rolls out and finish the recipe this morning. I also need to start my crock pot beans around 11:00 or so. Need to get the wings going in their marinade this morning, too.
  • We are going to my sister's to feed their cats and scoop
  • Friends coming in for dinner tonight. Maybe a campfire in the back yard afterward.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've spent a little time on some planning, and have given two cats their different medication/supplement. i got that done, but it wasn't quick and easy this morning. :sweat:

this afternoon i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and may be making another loaf of bread in the bread machine (i need to see how much bread i have left). i'll also move two pints of milk to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No campfire last night. Way, way, way too warm and sticky to sit around a fire. My GF's husband has dementia and, once it starts to get dark, he begins to fret about going home. She was able to ward him off for a while, but around 8:30, they had to leave to get home. After they left, I went to bed with my iPad, read maybe a chapter of a book, and dropped off. Rick came to bed around 10:00 or so and that was it for us.
  • Breakfast for the kids, running the dishwasher now, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • We have to go to my sister's to feed their cats, cuddle with The Harley, and scoop boxes
  • Mow the lawn and do some weeding
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's forecast to get up to 86 degrees F today, but is already at 90 -- at 12:20 pm. :sunshine: so, not much planned to do today.

i moved a container of (i think it's) Mexican Chicken Casserole to the fridge to thaw, late last night. and i've already scooped the litter boxes.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes. and will move a container of apple crisp to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle and watch some tv.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
disassembled my kitchen table, moving it into the other bedroom--- getting ready for renovations...

dropped the end of said table on my foot... ouch...

took down some Prints from the wall and stored them...

washed tablecloth and shower curtain

washed bath towels

finished reading my book, while lying down on couch.

made a quick supper of TJ's Orange mandarin chicken with rice

iced both my foot and my shoulder--- still aching from disassembling table-- so weak.. no strength in injured arm... hence, the pain in the shoulder.. sigh...

foresee tylenol and/or advil, soon... and more ice...

Status
Not open for further replies.