Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I cleaned the bathroom, washed about 5 loads of laundry and did some weeding. Its been pretty warm here, about 95 today but breezy so it was bearable. I think that'll do it for me for today. :sleep:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were busy on Monday: mowing, push-mowing, weeding, Rick took out his new toy (chainsaw) and started working on a tree up in the back yard that needs to come down; we figured that, at this point, it was cheaper to buy a blasted chainsaw that it is to have somebody come in every time we need to take a tree down. I did a vacuum throughout the house and did 3 loads of laundry. Busy day. It was hazy, hot, and humid and we were all sweating like crazy. We got a bit of a t-storm around 7:00 or so, but it did nothing to cool us down. Another day in the 90s today, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a shower
  • I don't know if we'll get for groceries tonight; I don't have a list worked up yet or anything
  • Must scoop tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is working OT tonight and Thursday; they're already threatening about Friday and Saturday mandatory OT. Neither of us is particularly amused about it. I'm in big charge of The Beast tonight and Thursday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, sorted two piles of laundry, general clean-up, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Trash night (I'll do it; I can pretty much have it done til Rick gets home from work)
  • Laundry night
  • A quick vacuum around the house as it's easier to just vacuum than it is to sweep up cat litter every where.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i mailed off a form at the post office, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, applied flea treatments to my three cats...:lovecat3: , moved two bags of baking chips to the kitchen fridge, and finished up the reorganizing that i started yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This morning, all I'm doing is :yawn:. Late night last night and I couldn't sleep. Rick walked in the door from work, grabbed a shower, grabbed his bowling stuff, and headed back out the door....all in about 20 minutes. Til he got home from bowling, he was ravenous, so I made a quick bite (or three) for him.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles around the house, general clean-up
  • Run some errands tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today it's finally more comfortable weather! :yess: it was cool last night, and i slept really well and comfortably.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and that should be it for daily chores.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

earlier this week i attended the local produce auction, and brought home: one 10 lb chub (roll) of 81/19 ground beef for $13.75...:woo: i got it softened (put it in a large plastic storage container with about 5 inches of cold water in it) enough to use my heavy chef knife to cut it into 10, one pound portions. i wrapped, put in zipper bags, and froze it all.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Nice deal on the ground beef!

Well, six inches of rain is on its way....actually, it was raining when we got up this morning. Most of the weather-weenies said it was to be basically cloudy today and rainy tomorrow. Nope. Nope. Nope. Six inches, although most of that will be in western PA. Yay us. Significant Tropical Rains Up to 6″ to Bring Flash Flooding Risk Next Several Days

Rick and his BIL are supposed to go to an outdoor concert tonight. Rick says as long as it's just a drizzle or light rain, they'll still go. So we'll see. We have had (more than) our share of rain this summer.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap or, more likely, I'll scoop when I'm done with my coffee
  • We have errands to run: Banking, Target for Beast-meds, grocery store for a few things (we never did go for groceries this past week)
  • Baking snickerdoodles tonight while Rick is at the concert. He's leaving for Miami later on and he'll need his snicks.
No outside work will be done this weekend. We wanted to close the pool and get the yard mowed before Rick leaves. I don't think that's going to happen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff

Shower

Going in to the humane society for a feeding/cleaning mission!!! I will stay there as long as needed, or as long as I want; as, there is no one coming in until later afternoon. For some reason the schedule was empty.. weird...

Then off to Ocean State Job Lots: looking for some more tarps and blue tape to cover furniture.

then home, shower again,

And perhaps a bit of scrubbing down the microwave stand... and a bit of organizing..

Supper--? what?? I do know it will be easy and frozen..

Rest..

Winchester Winchester Try the Trader Joe's frozen meals. Once you try the light Mac & Cheese, you will not go back to Lean Cuisine. Such a difference.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! :D i'm very pleased with the deal on the ground beef.

well, today started off......interesting. i got up to give my cats their 'middle of the night' snack and was just going back to bed when the power went out. then it started flickering...and i mean serious flickering. i was fortunate that some little things were still functioning on and off, including my digital phone system. so i called the power company and reported the problem. the range in the kitchen was making odd beeping/buzzer sounds as the power continued to flicker, so no more sleep was going to be had. power company crew arrived here about an hour and a half later, moved slowly up my road trimming branches from trees that were touching the power lines, and then drove back down the road and set up at the transformer that covers my street. they did...stuff for another 15 minutes or so, and then the power was restored to it's regular strength and has stayed that way. i'll be going back to sleep not long from now, after giving my three a snack.

later today, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll also call to have our Punky's prescription refilled.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Glad your power is ok!

Got the snicks made last night and I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies while Rick was at the concert. He went with our BIL and they had a great time. I had music ripping out of the stereo here at home and enjoyed my time, too. (I suppose I should shut all the curtains because I was dancing in the kitchen. :lol:)

It's raining now and has been raining all night. A steady downpour. Supposed to rain pretty much all day today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, on my second load of laundry
  • A quick vacuum, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! me too! :D

today i called to get Punky's prescription refilled -- that didn't get done yesterday.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and likely get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.

after that, i'll continue with a jigsaw puzzle, play some computer games, and then watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't make it to visit with Rick's mother last night, so we have to go tonight. Got busy with other stuff (football).
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles around the house, made the bed, general clean-up
  • I have a planning commission meeting after work, but I may not have to attend :vibes: There's really nothing for me to talk about.
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Visit with Rick's mom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and get that loaf of bread machine bread made (didn't need to do that yesterday).

i'll also continue with some planning.

i may use the wood stove this afternoon/evening, as needed to take/keep the chill off the house. it got down to upper 40's here last night, and our petite DeeDee was feeling cold. i really don't want her to develop another URI. :headshake: so i used the wood stove earlier this morning, and might do so again later today.

after that, i'll likely watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Rick came back to the bedroom and saw that I had the windows open. He said, "Dear, it's chilly outside! And you have the windows open?" I said, "Yep, in another month it will be too cold to open any windows. I'm taking advantage while I can." We both had the electric blanket turned on pretty much all night long. And the cats were all curled up said blanket, too. But hey, the windows were open!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walking around the house and basement, made the bed and got ready for work.
  • Rick called me this morning. "Dear, I forgot to take my meds this morning and I think I forgot to take them last night." Oh, crap. I had to rush around, get the kids their after-breakfast snack, make my coffee and get my breakfast ready, grab his meds and take them up to his work (which is only about 15 miles out of my way) and then get my butt to work. I made it with 30 seconds to spare. I almost forgot to take my own meds, but remembered just as I walked out the front door.
  • Must scoop boxes tonight and (maybe) do a quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I got up with Dear Richard at 2:30 this morning as he flew out today. He made it to Charlotte thus far and is waiting for his flight to Florida. He texted me about seeing a big shining yellow disk in the sky....that's not fair; we haven't seen the sun in more than a few days. I guess that's because it's hanging out in Charlotte. Better than the hurricane, I suppose.

Anyway, I gave the cats breakfast at 3:30, hoping that they'd shut up and let me sleep in until around 6:00 or so when I could get up and get ready for work. Nope! Oh, they gobbled down their breakfast. But at 4:30, all I heard was Ms. Pepe screeching and Amber Louise muttering. Loudly. I let it go until 5:00, said "Oh the heck with it!" and got up. My girls are brats. I am so tired.
  • Got Rick off on his trip, breakfast for The Feline Brats (two breakfasts, actually), cleaned up, and hung out on the computer until it was time to get ready for work.
  • Must call the cable company. I've been having trouble with the TV in the bedroom and enough is enough. I turn the TV on. No sound. Can't use the cable remote to change channels. So I unhook the converter box and unplug it. Five minutes later, I plug it back in and hook it back up. Nothing. Repeat several times. Finally, it turned back on and I had sound.....for all of a minute. Then the box turned off and "No Signal or Signal Not Found". Finally after doing this for about an hour last night and amidst quite a bit of muttering and cussing (Amber Louise had nothing on me for muttering last night), I got it to turn on and stay on. It's been doing this. I called the cable company before and they keep saying, "Oh, it looks fine from our end!" Well, it may look OK from their end, but it sucks from mine! I want somebody to check it out.
  • I have a 10% coupon from King Arthur as well as shipping is $3 right now and there are a few things I want (noticed I did not say "need"). I may place an order tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes
I'm going to bed early tonight. I put in vacation for Friday and Monday and got both days off, but I may just come in on Friday and save that vacation day for another time. Then again, when it's time to drag my body out of bed, I just may say, "Seriously?" and go back to bed tomorrow.

ETA: I just called our cable company. They're coming out tomorrow, probably between 1 and 3. She said our converter box is pretty old, so it may be time for a new one. Hopefully that's all it is.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes twice, took out some trash. i rolled the big trash and recycling cans back from the curb.

and then sprinkled more 'get rid of in-ground bees' powder around and in their in-ground nest entrances -- two of them, i think they dug a new entrance because the original one had the powder (and i'm sure many bees went to 'bee afterlife'). that's the second dose for the bees...we'll see how that does. i'm fairly certain they're bees and not yellow jackets (wasps), because wasps would have become very angry and gone after me.

i moved another container of Heluva Good Jalapeno and Cheddar dip to the fridge to thaw. and i've figured out what i'll be doing next week -- further reorganizing of two closets.

i'll do a load of laundry tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I slept like a log last night. I always have the TV on for background noise. I think I woke up around 3:00, looked around, and conked back out again. That was it until the girls started in around 5:00 this morning. I stayed in bed til 5:30 and then said, "OK! OK! Let's go!" and four cats zoomed out to the kitchen.....Ms. Pepe ambled along as quickly as she could.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, did a bit of walking around the house and down and up the steps
  • Vacuum, dust, etc (I swiffered through the bedroom last night)
  • Cable guy is coming in between 1 and 3; they texted me last night to confirm
  • If I can get the lawn mower started, I may mow the yard late this afternoon into tonight. The mower is being obstinate and doesn't want to easily start. It usually needs a good charge.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i've already done some research online.

after that, i'll work on some planning. and i've got a phone call to make.

then i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

in the late afternoon, i'll get that load of laundry going -- that didn't happen yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up around 6:00 this morning; the cats were not amused. But they're fed, they bathed, and everybody is sound asleep. I think I'm going to go back to bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, drinking my coffee now. When it gets light outside, I'll take the trash out.
  • I can't get the mower started; I tried yesterday and not even a click, and that was with a charge. I'm going to have to push-mow today. Rats
Really, there's not too much going on today. I ripped through the house yesterday. Maybe I'll work on a bit of laundry. But there's nothing urgent.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got the load of laundry in the dryer, and will fold/put away this afternoon.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move some milk to the fridge to thaw.

after that, whatever i feel like doing...relaxing with my cats. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.