Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today

We got the Tacky White Tree taken down yesterday, followed by a good vacuuming in the kitchen. The kitchen seems larger now; that's what usually happens. Our house is really small.

We made it until 2:30 this morning when I finally crashed. We watched three movies last night, while feeding our faces.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • I'm going to do some laundry, but didn't get it started yet
  • I think we're taking the living room tree down this afternoon and I'm going to take down the stuff in the kitchen (I'll keep the Winterberry dishes out until Presidents' Day weekend in February).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Purraise
Reactions: VBG

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've washed a litterbox, I've had my supper and will be settling the kitties to bed in a little while.
Its just too cold out to want to do much.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok,I'll play along.
I got out into the cold to get lunch and supplies.
I ordered pizza for dinner.
And I PROMISE I will take a shower after dinner. Seriously,I promise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Christmas is over at our house. The trees are down as are the decorations. The outside lights can stay up until we at least get above freezing around here! The next holiday that I have off is Martin Luther King day, which is almost two weeks away.....I live for those holidays when I have off work. Three-day weekends are nice.

And since we had off work for quite a while, we have completely screwed up the cats' morning schedule. Nobody was yelling for breakfast this morning. Rick had to awaken me; I never heard his cell phone go off. He kept saying, "Pam. Pam! Pamela! PAMELA!" And finally, I awakened, said, "NO!" and rolled over. Back to the grind. I will say, though, that it was nice not awakening at 4:00 with Pepe. Rick and I decided we weren't going to pay attention to her yelling for breakfast and, by the end of our holiday, she was doing really well. We never really got out of bed until 6:00 - 7:00 pretty much the whole time we've been off work, which is virtually unheard of around here. I do think, that if we were both retired, Pepe could be trained not to start screaming so early in the morning. The problem is that she's so used to a 4:45 wake-up that she automatically starts yelling at 4:00.

I stepped on the scales this morning and.....:scale: Back to the diet, too. I gained a good four pounds over the holidays.
  • Breakfast for our sleepyhead kitties, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Must work on a bit of a grocery list; we really don't need much
  • A fast grocery run
  • Scoop the boxes
ETA: Well, I just texted with Dear Richard and I guess we're not doing a grocery run this week; it's not necessary as he needs nothing, nor do I. We even have the basics, so no groceries this week.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to take down the rest of the decorations, pack away and put in storage...
That will take a while, since I have offsite storage facility..

It will be nice to have it back to normal.

Other things:
Regular Artie med stuff
Regular morning stuff
Quick vacuum
Perhaps a load of laundry

Supper is leftovers from yesterday.. trying for an easier day today..

Mashkasheli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am going to start reading my new book on the train. No really-I am so going to start reading again!
I am going to have a hot shower when I get home after feeding the cats
I am having a very early night tonight and I AM going to sleep-NO insomnia tonight!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Refilling my medicine one day early because of the approaching storm.

Worry about the big storm that may come. :dizzy:

Pick up extra foods (and spend extra money) because of the storm.:doh:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only thing I did that was not of the regular everyday chores, I got groceries and got gas. Didn't do a whole lot.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We bought our ceiling light for the new bathroom last night! :hyper: I'm starting to get excited now! We're going on Saturday to order the flooring and (I think) shower tile. The bathroom closet is coming down this weekend (we have enough totes to store everything, I hope). Rick wants to take some pictures of our 32-year-old bathroom before we start attacking it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • One load of laundry tonight
  • Trash night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pretty much mostly storm related today :rolleyes2:

Fill the bird feeders
Make sure we have adequate supplies
Move some things around in the garage so I can move the truck forward so easy access to the snow blower.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is so cold we will have to go somewhere we can do our walking inside, probably our church. Yesterday we did it at the mall. We have snow and ice coming later today.
Trying to get laundry caught up in case of power outage.
Pick up some things at the store and do some extra cooking so we have food prepared. I have some venison cube steak waiting to be cooked up with onions.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery store--which was mobbed because of the upcoming blizzard or the new term is:
Bombogenesis!!! never heard of that before this afternoon... crazy
Bank---again mobbed
Church
Gave someone a ride home
Cemetery
Filled up car with gas

Nice long hot shower.. relaxing, now..
Oh Yes, All of Arties meds before I went out... he was ignored today because of the errands...Not really, he had the zoomies as I was putting the groceries away.

Charging Kindle, have to make sure battery charger is fully charged
and keep cell phone charged.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Refilling my medicine one day early because of the approaching storm.

Worry about the big storm that may come. :dizzy:

Pick up extra foods (and spend extra money) because of the storm.:doh:
I picked up some extra stuff this afternoon at the grocery store just in case. They say we may get up to 2 inches tomorrow. That is enough to keep me home. It will freeze on my driveway and stay like that for days because I get no sun.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was reading about bombogenesis yesterday....never heard the term before either.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Rick has a dentist appt, so I'll probably have to deal with The Beast and give the kids supper tonight
  • Just a general quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room and kitchen
  • While Rick is bowling, I'm playing Nintendo tonight. We set the blasted thing up in the living room and that means I don't get to play that often because he watches tv (that's probably a good thing overall).

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some rutabagas given to me by a farmer friend. I am going to peel them and roast them in the oven.
Catch up ironing. My Christmas tree is still in the living room so I may start taking it down. The thing is, we are snowed in and kind of enjoying it finally.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't checked the weather forecast as far as a(nother) snowstorm coming through here, but really not into that thought at all. :sigh:

today i'll be paying a bill, wash the dishes, already scooped the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll do the calculating part of this months budget, the actual standard deductions have already been entered. i'll continue working on upcoming meal plans, as well as my plans for meals i'll 'put up' for the hot summer months.

other than that, i'll likely watch some tv for a while.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Planning on a very lazy day today, watching the snow fall and trying to stay warm..
I may do a bit of laundry.. or not..

I am always lazy on 'snow' days... just something about them..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am always lazy on 'snow' days... just something about them..
I love to spend snowy days in the kitchen. There's something about cooking and baking and watching the snow fly from the window at the sink. It doesn't matter if I'm making bread or baking cookies or even throwing together a big pot of soup or chili, I love to be in the kitchen when it's snowing. It's very relaxing to me, knowing that we're home and safe and warm.

You know, I think that if I could just stay home during snow days, I could learn to like the snow. (Other than the shoveling and plowing, that is.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't checked the weather forecast as far as a(nother) snowstorm coming through here, but really not into that thought at all. :sigh:

today i'll be paying a bill, wash the dishes, already scooped the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll do the calculating part of this months budget, the actual standard deductions have already been entered. i'll continue working on upcoming meal plans, as well as my plans for meals i'll 'put up' for the hot summer months.

other than that, i'll likely watch some tv for a while.
that part didn't get done yesterday, so i'll work on it today. i also have a phone call to make.

i already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and did a load of laundry.

i'll keep the wood stove going, and may watch a tv show or two this afternoon. i'll have a nice cup of 'naturally decaffeinated' tea this afternoon too -- so soothing and relaxing, warming too.

Status
Not open for further replies.