Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got some much needed rain here too, as well as some flooding -- but only in low lying areas, nothing like you're getting there Winchester Winchester . i did go out and mow the weeds on my lawn, there may have been a few blades of grass high enough that they got a millimeter chopped off too.

today i scooped the litter boxes, then sterilized some canning jars and lids. i cubed the second half of the watermelon :yummy:, then removed the peel from the rind (from all of the watermelon). i pureed the rind in the blender -- so i'm ready to make (and can) the watermelon rind (cinnamon) jelly. the dishes were washed after that. i moved some dessert and a couple vacuum sealed packages of ground chicken taco burgers to the fridge to thaw. i got some sweetened tea made, which is cooling in the fridge now.

i also took out the trash.

this evening i've spent some time with my budget, and on some planning.

our Punky is doing very well, feeling much better. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really glad Punky is doing well. :hearthrob:

We had vet appts last night for The Beast and for Ms. Pepe. For being 22 years old, Pepe is doing well. But the renal failure is starting to kick in and she's losing weight. We've opted to continue with her current RC food for renal failure, as long as she'll eat it, and to go with our normal Friskies Buffet when she wants a respite. Overall, the vet was pleased.

Jackie is doing Ok, too. She had her vaccine and kennel cough meds as well as a refill for Prozac. She also got her claws clipped, something that's really hard for Rick and me to do. We have appts now in August for Mollipop, Tabby, and Muffin.
Nothing like spending a night, and a small fortune, at the vet!
  • Breakfast for the kids, Rick forgot to run the dishwasher, so I'm running it now, must scoop the boxes
  • Errands: banking, Target, butcher shop in town, PetSmart
  • There are no storms on the horizon, so I'm going to get out there this afternoon and mow while I can. The weeds have taken over the flowerbeds.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester !

i'm so glad to hear that your Ms Pepe and The Beast are doing so well!! :redheartpump:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. then i'll make and can two batches of watermelon rind (cinnamon) jelly. after i get the kitchen cleaned up from that, i'll either watch something on tv or continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The Beast and Ms. Pepe say "Thank you!" micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry, stripped the bed, Rick will scoop boxes
  • Move the stove from the wall in the kitchen and vacuum and clean behind the stove. I need Dear Richard's help with it, no way can I do that alone. We try to get it done 4-5 times a year.
  • Vacuum and swiffer around the house
  • We have to get up to Rick's mom tonight; we were going to do it last night, but Rick wanted to have a fire in the fire pit, so we did that instead.
I may make King Arthur's latest Bake a Bag recipe this afternoon. Whole Grain Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and have a batch of lemonade in the process of making.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes. then i'll make the two small batches of jelly and can them. i'll wash the dishes i generate from the jelly making, then scoop the litter boxes.
after that, i'd like to continue with the jigsaw puzzle, but will see how late in the afternoon i get finished with the jelly making.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm back to work, but Rick took a vacation day. Lucky man.

I think everybody in the neighborhood mowed yards this past weekend. Every time we turned around, we heard lawnmowers, from morning until evening. We were all trying to get it done before the weather turns rainy again this week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a quick shower and here I am, sitting in my office. And it's only Monday. :sigh:
  • Must run over to the courthouse to look up some old plans and deeds to a property I'm working on. I have a minor subdivision plan to review that has some issues I need to straighten out.
  • Must grab a few groceries when I get home from work. I'd like to hit Target, too, for new dish cloths, a new towel for the back of the chair (the cats have the towel scratched into shreds), and we need sunscreen.
That should be about it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no jelly making yesterday, because i needed to pull out a new pair of dishwashing gloves but could not find them...:(...i've looked anywhere i thought i could have put them, but haven't found them yet. by the time i was ready to start the jelly, it was already 4pm. so i switched things i had to do for today, to yesterday.

today i'll wash the dishes, and then get the two small batches of jelly made and canned. i'll get the few dishes from jelly making washed, then scoop the litter boxes.

i hope to have some free time later this afternoon, and if i do i'll continue with the jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Did you ever find your gloves?
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, general straightening-up in the house, grabbed a quick shower
  • Meeting this morning with people who want to subdivide property followed by a couple of site inspections
  • Must scoop boxes tonight and do a quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, the rain needs to seriously stop now. It rained all night last night and was still drizzling a bit this morning when I came into work. My Empress tree is dying because of too much rain. :disappointed: And I can't get another one anymore this year. It's ridiculous at this point. Enough already.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, general straightening up in the kitchen, sorted two piles of laundry on the hallway floor, grabbed a quick shower
  • Rick is working OT tonight and tomorrow night, so I'm in Big Charge of The Beast and feeding the kids when I get home
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
This week is taking forever to get over!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're under another flash flood watch to go until sometime on Friday. It will not stop raining. Last night, it just poured and poured. Today promises more of the same. We have to dump the dehumifier in the basement twice a day, in the morning and again at night. It's filling up that fast.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, and grabbed a quick shower (it's so humid and sticky that while I was blow-drying my hair, I was sweating)
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas this morning
  • I'm in Big Charge of The Beast again tonight when I get home; Rick is working OT
  • Must scoop boxes
We're not doing a thing tonight after dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so humid around here. I feel as if I live in the tropics.

Today:
Doctors appointment
throw some clothes in washer
and I think I am having a large ice cream for supper... That is IF, we do not have a severe thunderstorm.

If we do, then it will be a salad with some chicken on top... healthier, but I am not in a healthy mood.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , nope, i still haven't found the spare set of dishwashing gloves. so i went ahead and ordered another pair. :sigh: i know i have the spare pair somewhere here, and am sure i'll come across them at some point.

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, picked up the mail and sent off some forms, moved a pint of milk and some dessert to the fridge to thaw, also moved some cooked chickpeas in liquid to the fridge to thaw (will be making a batch of hummus this weekend), baked and sliced a loaf of bread machine bread, paid a bill, and placed an order.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was:
morning things" making bed, picking up. dishes
church
Rite-aid for stuff
computer
phone calls
a couple of text conversations
a quick frozen TJ's reduced calorie
Mac&cheese

A very needed Vodka & Tonic...

That is it...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'd love to join you for that vodka and tonic!

I don't need to move to Belize when we retire....somehow Belize moved to us! So sticky around here. We had more rain during the night last night. It's supposed to rain today and is quite cloudy. But really humid.

Rick is working OT this morning; he had to be into work by 5. That meant we got up at 3:30 to feed the kids, take The Beast out, etc. I went back to bed, but never got back to sleep until around 7. And I just now awakened. Gave the kids a second breakfast (they convinced me they were starving to death), made my coffee and came back here.
  • Once Rick gets home (around 11 or so), we have banking to do and some errands to run.
  • I'm going to vacuum shortly and get all the noisy stuff done, scoop the boxes, do a quick Swiffer. I think he'll want a bit of a nap this afternoon.
  • Need to mow if the rain doesn't materialize
  • If it does rain, I'll spend some time in the bedroom, cleaning out bureau drawers. Most of my t-shirts have little holes in them from kitty claws and it's time to turn them into dust cloths and such, and buy some new shirts. I want to go throw socks and underwear, too. And when I'm done with mine, I will attack Dear Richard's. I can spend tonight doing that, too.
You can tell I'm married. "What are you doing Saturday night?" "Oh, cleaning out bureau drawers!" How exciting.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's Sunday, but it feels like Saturday to us. I did get the yard mowed. But had a minor incident that could have been a disaster for the mower. I was mowing around our silver maple and trying to watch the large roots that are starting to show out of the ground. I missed seeing a root, hit the darn thing and the mower stopped. And there I was, on top of a tree root and couldn't get the mower off of it. I had to get Rick. Needless to say he was not amused. We finally got the mower off the root, but then it wouldn't start. And I'm in panic mode because we cannot afford a new mower! And with a bent shaft, even a repair bill could be ugly. It eventually did start and the shaft is not bent, thank goodness. The blades will likely need a good sharpening. And the tree root is damaged. I feel like an idiot. There was a lot of cussing and muttering coming from Rick. But the yard is mowed and trimmed. Let it rain (OK, not really)!

And I did go through bureau drawers last night. I'm in better shape than I thought as far as t-shirts, so won't bother buying any. I did turn a lot of them into dust rags and rags to wash cars...the holes were ridiculous. Kitty claws can do a lot to t-shirts, even though we clip claws every month.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick stripped the bed
  • I'm on the first of three loads of laundry (did a full loads of cats' laundry yesterday)
  • We must visit with Rick's mother tonight
  • I clipped my own claws last night, but have to do a bit of a manicure tonight. I broke a nail and, once I do that, then I cut them all down to match. Now it feels weird because my nails are short again.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't have much to do today -- most things got done this past week, a very busy week here!

i'll wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, and move some cold cuts and a pint of milk to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games and watch some tv.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
For the first time in ages I completed most of my To Do list. Most days, I run out of energy.

• I de-potted all of my eyeshadows as a way to declutter my makeup collection. Each color of eyeshadow was organized in a cat shaped metal container. Very pleased with the results
  • I laid down two new carpets in my room and put the old ones in the TV room
  • I worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes while listening to an audiobook
  • In general there were areas of the house I tidied up. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to completing my Great Summer Cleaning Project
  • I avoided social media with the exception of posting here just now :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It should not be Monday! We basically had a working weekend, so we wanted to stay home and stay in bed for awhile this morning. But here I am.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.25 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up about the kitchen, grabbed my shower (my hair still looks like a frizzy mess; I'll be glad when the humidity decreases around here)
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight (We are stocking up with Friskies cans right now; for the past six weeks or so, we've been getting Friskies coupons: Buy 36 cans and get $1.50 off, plus they're on sale at 20 for $9, plus if we spend $20 on pet stuff, we get $3 off the total bill. So between the cans of food and the treats for The Beast, we're spending money, but also saving a bit, too. And the basement pantry is loaded with cat food. But now my coupon stash is running low.)
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, did some straightening around the house, grabbed my shower
  • Cleaned puke (and yes, I'm including it). Amber puked her breakfast. Before I could get to it with towels and cleaner, The Blasted Beast had eaten much of it. I got it all cleaned up, just in time for the Blasted Beast to puke. Also in the living room. I was not amused. It was a real mess. Darn it, anyway.
  • Rick is working OT, so I'm in charge of The Beast and dinner time for the furkids.
  • I want to do a load of white laundry tonight and can get it in the washer and dryer before Rick gets back home from work.
  • Scoop the boxes

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since everyone on the site has at least 1 cat, scooping the box should just be assumed. :) But it does count as a thing to do. I am (foster) kittenless now, so I feel like I have more time in the morning.

This morning before work:
Made a litter bag for my car
Finished emptying my bags from being gone for a week.
Fed inside and outside cats
Took said bags and some other things to my MIL's house (she lives with us so I store my things there.)
Tonight I stopped and got groceries
The rest of the night I will feed and put to bed MIL, get something to eat myself and just chill for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.