My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No acne, but he is eating from a plastic dish. Is it bad? Oh dear....

should I switch to ceramic or stainless? They have a wide stainless plate for the kibbles only. But for wet food I use plastic bowls.
Stainless steel is our choice. Unbreakable, easy to clean, and no acne!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Love the pics of Barley, Graham and Bourbon. Sorry for thinking Graham was a male. I am so glad to hear she is doing better. Barley sounds like he has got some catitude around feeding time. I had a cat who never let me forget about it if I feed him pass dinner time. He held a grudge for a little while and then at some point-forgave me. :lol: Thank goodness for that because I wanted to stay in his good graces.:catlove:

Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 for the kind words. I appreciate that.

Jcatbird Jcatbird will we get a double smile😺😸 tonight? Thank you as always for your words of wisdom and encouragement. Glad you enjoyed the cat/butterfly pic. I hope today was a good one for you. Take care. :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very short on time. Responses will be brief. Lol If I can even do brief?

N NY cat man Prancer likes privacy too? Some here do as well. Some never want privacy! Lol Dolly is ever present. He wouldn’t withdraw to a private spot if I begged him. He owns the sofa and he’s not budging! :blackcat2: He doesn’t want to miss anything.
I just have to ask in relation to the room remodel. Are we there yet? :hyper:

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Believe it or not, Banjo likes her privacy when she wants it. She has her moments that vary. Today I want privacy, tomorrow I want the spotlight!:lol:
Barley has the kind of fur that absorbs! Lady does too. These kitties have stainless and ceramic since I have to have so many bowls. They seem to prefer ceramic though. I don’t know why. Naturally most of the bowls are stainless so I have to clean and fill the ceramic twice as often. Lol
Barley has the most amazing eyes! It almost looks like Barley has long dark eyelashes. So beautiful! A sense of humor too? Lololololol I love cats that play tricks on us.

Furballsmom Furballsmom I do remember! This one has a big cat! Lol I always liked that line. I wouldn’t mind having some Mother Nature powers. :lol: Used wisely of course.
This?

Blessing right back.:heartshape:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you but I don’t think I am wise. I just think a lot about what people do and why. If we can understand the why, maybe we can get through to them? Not so many times but sometimes. Trust me, I have to stop and think a lot! Lol I would prefer to have the powers of Mother Nature sometimes. :storm::rolleyes:But I would probably end up with regrets then. Mother Nature must have known that. Lol I think the ones who have the most sensitivities in life have to find some coping mechanism. Work can be a good one. I also think it takes time to find our coping mechanism. Some don’t find a good way. They muddle through searching and leaning hard on others which makes it difficult for the rest of us.

Mackie is coming! I hope. Lol He is one I think you would really enjoy being around. Giant with a sense of humor, tender heart and he is a great guardian.

I hope the photos load!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose If my words have done anything good then my day just got good! Thank you! Things have been so ….. active lately that I can’t even post it all! The cat/butterfly picture was a real beauty.

strider rose strider rose Awww! Thank you! We love you too. Did you know there is a Whistle emoji here?:whistle:Lol It has little ears. Not a cute tail though.
EAF4AD68-4113-42FB-9964-EE30224D68CE.jpeg

The latest on the cat that we have in our prayers is that he is holding his own! Yes!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now. It looks like photos are loading! Yay! I got more than one smile from watching this.

Is someone here?
C799617E-6787-4AA1-A453-B0D7B942BDFC.jpeg

No. No one here!
CCBF61F0-7817-4081-B0BF-A9C55F4CCAD2.jpeg

Mackie!
6169ED35-7726-4DA3-8C7C-EDEC9CDDAEFD.jpeg

Okay. So I was there.
930A38DD-55C1-44AE-B472-64051118247E.jpeg

You want me to put the cover back?
A5035F62-B56D-482C-A017-AA280DBE8B8D.jpeg

Are you sure?
A101DD8E-45C4-4110-8607-FA2A686187DB.jpeg

Yes.
59F9A541-5483-48BF-8762-446BADD07799.jpeg

No movement. Lolololol
77683362-BE4F-4128-9725-C0F4BF959C30.jpeg

Still nothing. Mackie? Are you okay?
8CAC927C-73A4-42C0-AA03-7B758FC75768.jpeg

Mackie?!?!?!?
What?
9ABEE74C-4C56-428B-94D7-226837810ED4.jpeg

What does a cat have to do to get a little privacy around here?
F8D79156-CCC3-4AF1-BBF8-ECB77EAEF922.jpeg

Thank you hooman.
144C144E-AEB5-48F0-A788-0D7CA47BAA70.jpeg

Lolololololololooololol

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird ; no, everything is on pause (paws?) until the contractor can get here and do his thing. As I said, his is a small business, and he is constantly busy, so it is simply a matter of scheduling now. Fortunately, we still have use of the old tub and shower, and the downstairs bathroom has a sink, so it's all good.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Ceramic or stainless it is! They have one big stainless bowl for the kibbles. But I guess I have to do some shopping on Saturday for new food bowls.

Barley also does not know how to groom well, so the food sauce stucks on his chin. My husband wipes him every night. But he is acne free. LOL. Since he is also persian mix, I always have a problem with his fur. So daily brushing is a must, but sometimes I really have no time. Barley also does not want to be brushed, btw. Whenever I do, I end up chasing him around the house. Bourbon is the one who loves, loves to be brushed.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , Mackie made me laugh. Thanks for the pics.

Sorry for thinking Graham was a male.
It's alright. She gets it all the time. LOL. Even her "fans" who visits her at the catio calls Graham a "him", which I do not correct. :)

Yes, she has fans. They are mostly school kids who visit her in the afternoon. When the catio is closed, I hear them calling Graham, so I'd let her out. I do not like them to be in the catio unsupervised, that's why. :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Well, I am just really glad you have another bathroom. That is a big plus! ;) Still, I’ll enjoy seeing the finished room.👍
Yes, unlike when we had the kitchen redone, and the cabinet supplier dropped the ball in a major way, and we were without a functioning kitchen for a year, although I was able to cobble up a few workarounds, but still.........

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, tabbytom tabbytom That resonates loud right now in our family.
N NY cat man What is it with kitchen remodels? My mom's best friend's kitchen was torn up and unusable for yonks, too, because of that. Fortunately I love my vintage kitchen and can't afford remodeling.
Oh, Mackie! You hunka-hunka burnin' love! What a handsome big guy. You just have to suck it up when you're that fine, guy -- you WILL be pursued and admired. It's how life works. And OMC, those claws! Some refer to those as "murder mittens" :shocked:
Very glad, Jcatbird Jcatbird , about "that cat." May the news continue to be good.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Your furmily are all very fine! And no doubt Graham has HER fans. Hoping you find some nice dishes and bowls. We got our stainless ones -- two sizes, non-tip and non-skid -- at Petco but they're easily found at most venues that sell cat supplies, online and not.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Barley also does not know how to groom well, so the food sauce stucks on his chin. My husband wipes him every night. But he is acne free.
Try a raised dish, (either store bought--there are a number of different varieties) or placed on a small box. The different angle just might be enough to keep his chin out of his food, sweet boy :heartshape:

MACKIE!! You handsome little man!! :loveeyes:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Scamper is back to eating with me twice a day. I'm wondering where the people who had him neutered are...and why his ear wasn't tipped, if they had him done as a feral. Whatever. He'll get a meal and some love with me, regardless, and he is familiar with the Secret Feral Shelter in bad weather. LOL, he DID bite the snot out of me three days ago...I forgot, and got too near his tummy too fast. Either he has the cleanest mouth in catdom, or my immune system is on hyperdrive! I let the bite bleed freely (and with all of these blood thinners, "freely" takes on a whole new meaning) for about five minutes, doused it in alcohol, and threw a pressure bandage on it for 24 hours. 72 hours later, there is minimal redness (1/16 inch around edge of bite mark), NO swelling, NO tenderness, and one heck of a bruise (blood thinners) at the bottom of the bite. As usual, he was horribly upset over biting me, and fell over himself, showing his belly and apologizing. Some things do not change.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Friday Everyone. Hope the week went well, and that the weekend will be restful and relaxing.

Jcatbird Jcatbird : sending hugs your way to you and the clowder. 🤗

And healing vibes to beautiful Banjo. When is her next vet appointment?
:vibes::vibes::vibes::bicolorcat:

And just because I think this is the most adorable little plant, here's a pic of a very small Bee Balm.

1657892745836.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scamper is back to eating with me twice a day. I'm wondering where the people who had him neutered are...and why his ear wasn't tipped, if they had him done as a feral. Whatever. He'll get a meal and some love with me, regardless, and he is familiar with the Secret Feral Shelter in bad weather. LOL, he DID bite the snot out of me three days ago...I forgot, and got too near his tummy too fast. Either he has the cleanest mouth in catdom, or my immune system is on hyperdrive! I let the bite bleed freely (and with all of these blood thinners, "freely" takes on a whole new meaning) for about five minutes, doused it in alcohol, and threw a pressure bandage on it for 24 hours. 72 hours later, there is minimal redness (1/16 inch around edge of bite mark), NO swelling, NO tenderness, and one heck of a bruise (blood thinners) at the bottom of the bite. As usual, he was horribly upset over biting me, and fell over himself, showing his belly and apologizing. Some things do not change.
Very wise, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and praying & hoping it heals with no problem!
I do love a bitey cat. But I hope Scamper will go easy on you. Very relieved that he is with you now, where he will get good care and love.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Looks to me like Mackie just wants to take a siesta. :sleep::sleep2: I love it when they think they're hiding and we can't see them or maybe Mackie just wants to play peekaboo.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Aww, Barley is gorgeous and reminds me a little of my Carleton who is a doll faced Persian. I hope you have some luck getting new food bowls. Please let us know what you find.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope the bruise from Scamper is healing and you are on the mend. :crossfingers:

TGIF one and all - hope you have a glorious weekend whether you sleep in, work or get out and enjoy nature. 🌹🌳🌻

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went out to water the plants this morning, I found this- not one; not two; but three blooms on the 'Hello Screamer' day lily, with a whole bunch more in waiting.
20220715_144620.jpg

The 'Bestseller also has multiple blooms about to open
IMG_2144.JPG

And Grumpy is still hanging out in the flower beds to keep cool, and, as an added touch, Michele has been adding ice cubes to his water dish. He seems to like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.