My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! There were many big pieces of furniture setting down there. Cat dad S & his wonderful helping friend J were carrying stuff down stairs.View attachment 426614 I was up stairs looking for a screwdriver to remove the dresser mirror. The guys took a breather and got a drink before going back down. About a half an hour later the guys took a load down to the house while Gypsy & I kept an eye on the stuff to be loaded for a trip to the shed.View attachment 426616
I noticed the drawers were missi g and wondered why they took them out to carry it down stairs since it wasn't really that heavy. When they got back to reload I asked them where they were and that's when we realized they were stolen. Gotta go. Back to the salt mines.
I watch a lot of true crime stuff and so many times the person will say something to the effect of, "Oh, no one ever locks their doors here!"
Well, that ain't how it works, kids, in 2022. But you'd think moving would be less fraught with stuff like this. :sigh:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:@Jcatbird asked me to thank everyone here for keeping her thread alive while she deals with some interesting developments at home. Her State Electric Company is expanding its territory and surveying etc...in her area. She'll update us when she can, right now she's exhausted. Kittys are on edge but bouying her up. As she stated she's alive and kicking or maybe not kicking but alive and wiggling. She and the clowder send lots of hugs and purrs to one and all and is so very grateful we all keep posting here.:touched:
Keep up the great work folks, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 & Gypsy:catrub::wave3:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 : thanks for the Chez Catbird update.

Jcatbird Jcatbird : sorry there's something else to add to your already overflowing plate of issues. Hope things settle down for you someday. Hugs to you and the clowder.

And since it's blooming time in my garden, here's another day lily pic.

IMG_5028.jpg

This is one of my favourites, and look how many buds are still to open. :)

IMG_5026.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thank you for the update about Jcatbird. Sorry about those drawers being stolen on you. Shame on whoever did this. I hope those drawers mysteriously reappears and the thief had a change of heart.❤
Jcatbird Jcatbird I will be praying that everything goes well and no serious problems from these new developments. All the best to you and everyone at Chez Catbird. :heartshape:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody. Still packing still moving 20 yrs wortn of stuff. Lots if boxes & bags to go through once we are settled. Lots of stuff to sell. Gypsy is handling things very well, eating, pooping and peeing as usual. Yesterday i disassembled her bedroom window nest which connected the window sill to her cat tree and in the kitchen cat dad dismantled her center island perches made up of 2 of his tall, 3 of his small speakers and a receiver covered in plastic and topped with taped on padding. It was her lounge, spa area and her launch pad to fridge top on the way to her aerie, a box lid atop 3 recievers and a large metal thingamajig which was my grandma's, which also was dismantled. I put her nesting box tops on a plastic shelf unit and she accepted the change although isn't happy that she is not as high in the air as before and can't look down on us. I moved her dining computer table back a few inches to make her launch from it to fridge top a bit easier. She is handling the upheaval of packing, our stress and stuff dissapearing very well, supervising and not hiding until the dreaded vaccuum cleaner comes to life but she appears much sooner than she did once it is gone. Supervisior stays safely out of the way on the porch staging area.View attachment 426512Accepting temporary aerie. View attachment 426513
Inspecting neighbors rock wall on quick trip outside.View attachment 426517View attachment 426519View attachment 426517View attachment 426520
Luckily the new place is down the alley only a half a block away so she is still in her former-stray neighborhood. A week ago yesterday we had furniture sitting on the concrete at bottom of our back stairs prior to loading on a friends truck when some rotten a$$whole stole the 3 drawers from my jewelry chest. Nothing of real monetary value but lots of mementos gone forever.View attachment 426524
Gypsy gave me a heart today.View attachment 426525View attachment 426527
Gotta get busy. Purrs and hugs to one and all.
Oh how sweet of Gypsy!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I have a question, can lilies tolerate full direct sun? I am hesitant to plant them in my garden as I have no partial shade there.

Jcatbird Jcatbird I may have missed the post, but is everything ok with you and the kitties?

Stay safe everyone.
Graham is having a bad day. I just scolded her for harassing the budgies again.
BCECCF0B-B6F9-4604-951A-F67D59C56A79.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I have a question, can lilies tolerate full direct sun? I am hesitant to plant them in my garden as I have no partial shade there.
Keeping in mind there's 2 plants with the name lily in them, and I'm not sure if they both have the same sun preference or not. But Day Lilies, the ones I grow, love sun, and Google says they want at least 6 hours of sun a day.

Per Temperature Tolerance of Daylilies
Daylilies (Hemerocallis spp.) aren't actually part of the lily family -- their botanical name actually means beauty of the day, which is appropriate for this easy-to-grow perennial. Available in every color but blue, daylilies provide an abundance of color in a perennial border. These plants are hardy in many climates, but prefer warm, sunny locations. Know the temperature tolerance of your daylily before adding it to your garden.
Daylilies thrive in almost every climate, typically U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 3 through 10. Some daylilies tolerate temperatures as cold as minus 3 degrees Fahrenheit. Other daylilies thrive in hot, sunny locations that receive six or more hours of sun each day. But this is not true of all daylilies -- it's critical to purchase from a local supplier or buy your daylilies based on local observation to ensure you aren't buying an attractive plant that won't thrive in your climate."
So if you can buy them where you live, they probably will be happy in your garden.

And since we're on the topic, here's my Day Lily of the Day pic. :)

1658315415393.png

And to keep on topic, sending more love and hugs to you, Jcatbird Jcatbird . :hearthrob:
And healing vibes to Banjo. Hope she's still doing ok. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::bicolorcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom No truer words ever penned! *And looks like the yolk's on you!*:lol:
N NY cat man My mom had orange spotted daylilies here, in pretty much full sun. I never know if or when they'll come up, but they're pretty and I enjoy them.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote You scolded her? AWWWW! **I am FELINE. Birds INTEREST me.**:bluecat:🦜

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I know you are super busy, but I hope you don't mind that I shared a past post on this thread where you gave tips on how to find lost feral cats (all while you were still searching for Thrasher).

I shared that post on someone's thread whose feral escaped the shed she set up for him. I just thought it had very good tips that would be helpful to this member. Even when you were worried over Thrasher, you were helping others. God bless you.❤

tabbytom tabbytom that means you are very lucky. Good things are coming your way. 🍀🧲😊 Also 27 eggs makes one heck of an Omlette. :lol:

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Graham is a stunning looking kitty. Even when she is sulking. 😾😺😸

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I know you are super busy, but I hope you don't mind that I shared a past post on this thread where you gave tips on how to find lost feral cats (all while you were still searching for Thrasher).

I shared that post on someone's thread whose feral escaped the shed she set up for him. I just thought it had very good tips that would be helpful to this member. Even when you were worried over Thrasher, you were helping others. God bless you.❤
:heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape: :hugs::hugs::hugs:
............................ Also 27 eggs makes one heck of an Omlette.
That means I need a super big frying pan. :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.