My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The appraisers here are mysterious. I don’t know if I have ever actually seen one but I know they are here at times. They probably need a cloak of invisibility to stay safe here. Perhaps they come in disguise and Banjo knows?
As for Wally World, no insult taken here. I have shopped there. At one time it was the only store within 30 miles so, it was a wondrous mix of human kind. I think some show off, some are unaware and some don’t care. Some also dress for success, even there. Lol Humor understood. I am thinking of wearing my mosquito hat and making a visit to see if I show up on someone’s video.:lol: Some of us just like to kid around too and if I can give a laugh, you know I will! Of course, my mother would have been horrified. She taught me never to leave the house without being perfectly coiffed. I remember the days when a lady never let anyone see her with curlers in her hair. Lol Telling my age here......

Now, if I can just stay out of sight of the neighbors while in my cat hunting clothes....;) Of course they do know my priorities.

Please do keep up the prayers. Greatly appreciated.
Keep that bed just like it is! It’s purrfect. I could stand a day right there! Hello Kitty!
@BellaGooch Agreed! She was missed!

strider rose strider rose Aww! The kitties are all purring after that! They love you too. I just wanted you to know that I put one of the toys you made out in the catio in the hope that an outside kitty could play too. Maybe even Thrasher? Someone did play with it! I don’t know who but it was moved to another spot! :clap:

M maggiedemi I am still here. I did not vanish but am stretched a bit far right now. Thank you for the extra hard prayers but do be careful. Big baths are not fun unless you are a frog! Thank goodness the globe did not cut you!
Double meaning? Of course!
Your Dad has a white mosquito suit? I like it! Lol I always did think the Pillsbury doings boy had a cute giggle.

@tnrmakessense Liverwurst! Brilliant. I have not tried that but I do know that one of my greatest lures is Carl Buddig ham. It’s thin sliced sandwich meat that the cats here could not resist but it has gotten harder to find since Covid. I did try some Gerber 2nd foods all meat ham. I’ll try anything to find Thrasher! All ideas are gratefully received!
I am using camera monitors. I’d love for you to post info about yours. I don’t have a computer though. Everything I do is on a small phone. It seems that no angle has really shown the right place at the right time. 4 cameras and only glimpses of what may be Thrasher. I have seen three other neighborhood cats clearly on monitors. Today I physically saw another cat I have never caught on camera. I do wonder though, since some of the rescues here hate cameras and avoid all types, maybe Thrasher is too? Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part but I know the Bengal boys are very nervous around them. Some of the rescues here rarely get featured on the thread because they just don’t enjoy the camera and I don’t push it with them. Have you ever noticed a cat staring at the camera? They do know they are there. Lol
Any tips or tricks you can share would be helpful! I am trying to cover many acres of woods, swamp as well as residential area. She could be anywhere. Thank you! :redheartpump:

@Mamanyt1953 I crawl in there too. I have begun to find better deals other places though. Covid changed our Wally World and it is usually stripped pretty bare but we now have lots of options nearby. I’m finding some really nice places. Jeans? Heh. I love my jeans. If you wear something besides jeans around here you kind of stand out. Going into the city is the only time I dress up these days. That’s a nice change of pace though. There was a time when I always dressed up because of work but I think the cats enjoy chasing skirts too much for me to stay around the house like that. At least I know BJ enjoys chasing skirts. Or is that Floofs?

By this time in this thread, I think I owe you a whole box of candles. Please don’t stop though. Thank you for lighting another. May Thrasher know and find her way.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I used to know a friend who owned a shoe store. He got very frustrated at women who insisted the wore a smaller shoe size than they could possibly stand. He was polite but just could not make the shoe fit. There is a lesson in those words huh? Lol If the shoe fits... if it doesn’t get your foot out!:lol:
I was around earlier but just could not get everything done to sit down yet. I seem to have overworked my hand. Nothing really but it’s swollen and slowing me down considerably. Been icing and applying heat. Old hands just can’t do all I ask of them. Still going to ask though! :lol:
Hugs right back to you! Thanks for noticing the quiet. Maybe we need the rest of that giggle from Banjo.

tabbytom tabbytom I hope your rest has been better. I’ve had you on my mind.
Jcatbird Jcatbird aww how nice ! i could send more toys for the other cats .... i heard that you have like 29 cats in all lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We left off with Banjo looking out the door at the new arrival, Mr. Bullfrog.

She saw something so amazing, she just knew that bullfrogs must have as much magic as her beloved Froggie.
9D9D2609-0768-4E28-B0EE-E31BC8AE5A1D.jpeg

You turned into a giant frog?
3DB096B7-45BC-4405-82B0-9D6E95546DB7.jpeg

You are a hundred times bigger than Froggie!

B3811CC8-9697-43FD-91E9-E85C48B93711.jpeg

Are you really a frog?

3C5E2626-E7A9-41B8-BBA9-D10BF7ED42A4.jpeg

You’re as big as a cat!
EBB38CC2-399F-4A72-97D5-91B6D0BC93EA.jpeg

Let me smell you.
6B63E8FD-CC34-49E7-B045-23720F7F6ADF.jpeg

Hmmmm.
BA2C3886-DDB3-4C52-B16C-76CFA1C0ACDE.jpeg

You are a frog! What do you want?
9FB03C2E-A016-4E7B-BDFA-60B826F3EFF1.jpeg

To give me a kiss?
6A341AD2-1C96-4941-9AA6-A0DA4846F402.jpeg

Hey!!! Let me interrupt here! You mean to tell me you are really a frog and not Muffin?
82D1A988-171D-47B7-A6E0-72D2C11E36F6.jpeg

Egads! Muffin tricked me into kissing a frog!
A8745BB4-DEF7-4C08-9985-4D0C7A4D7E6E.jpeg

He is a frog and he has giant royal kisses! Lol
96449BAB-3528-4123-A170-ACB05078E429.jpeg

What can I do for you giant Froggie?
61A1EF99-0C09-4AB8-95EA-5E8CE077889E.jpeg

You are hungry? I can help you with that!
381C58DE-F776-4FDA-92A6-5DE82DD3153A.jpeg

Time for a serenade. Winner, winner....
F5AFBF76-0B1C-4110-8DEA-DE89B8C3D904.jpeg

Chicken dinner!
ED7A234B-6237-4BA0-80E9-F9D3D2BD9438.jpeg

It looks like a sense of humor and a little magic go a very long way around here.;):bicolorcat:🐸:redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose That is so very sweet! I have 28 right here but Thrasher is absent right now. I also help take care of Pawpurr who is one of the rescues found here. She lives with my neighbor. Her guardian human is elderly so I help take care of her as needed. I see her every day. That does bring it up to 29. They do know how to share though. When you live with so many siblings and close cousins, you know that sharing is part of the love. You were already so generous to make them so many toys, they can’t get greedy. Most of these kitties did grow up together outside so they have always taken care of each other and understand about sharing. They are even kind enough to share with their human. They let me play with one of the toys too! I found it on my pillow this morning. :) It made me smile!

tabbytom tabbytom I am glad you rested better. I am working on that myself. The kitties are helping me out. Give our dear January purrs from us.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird i heard that you have like 29 cats in all lol
Here's a link to a photo chart of the cats that I created 2 years ago, of the cats at Chez Catbird.
My Feral And Rescued Cats - the Cats at Chez Catbird

Since then 2 more joined the clowder. Wanda Heart (orange) and Prints (spotted)
1619611348654.png

Jcatbird Jcatbird : I literally LOL'd at the pic of the frog on the can of cat food. :biggrin:

More vibes that Thrasher is safe and will come back home soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Take care of yourself, as well. 🤗

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953 and Jcatbird Jcatbird I assure you, no insult meant -- just a joke as those Walmart videos always make me laugh and who doesn't need a laugh? I'd say a hat and veil, or a shirt and jeans, would be almost bizarre in Wally World, where "normal" is the farthest thing from "usual" amirite? :flail:I would love to know what each of those people are thinking before they go there. Do they actually plan their outfits just for the occasion? Or am I reading far too much into it?:eek3: Whatever the case, I find the whole thing extremely entertaining. My aunt shops there, but only online.
And back OT, I thought I'd leave another post with *PRAYERS* for Thrasher to turn tail for home, safe, sound, and soon! and share my latest pic of the reason why I couldn't make the bed yesterday after putting the clean sheets on. My adopted/rescued cat, in all his big, blue/cream glory, had other ideas. And far be it from me to disturb such a well-deserved rest. It's very hard work being a cat! View attachment 378081
💝 He Really appreciated you changing the sheets for him :lol: He may even allow you to share!:heartshape::bouquet:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Yeah, he makes me toe the line around here. He's also our CEO, CFO, and COO. All in one Big Blue cat package. He does not tolerate any slacking whatsoever.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Appraisers, assessors and their ilk get a big 👎. We were building a catio on the back of the garage two locations ago when someone of an official (and officious) nature discovered it and we had to stop. Stupid! At this location, they used to be very stringent about how people keep their property -- it had to be neat and well kept, grass cut, and nothing in code violation. Neighbor in back built an extra room to probably within 2' of the property line. I watched (and listened to) them do it and thought, that's an exercise in futility! but it's been a few years and there it still stands. With the PD helicopters ALWAYS around and drones, etc., I would have thought it would be history by now, but those neighbors are quiet and no trouble, so I wouldn't say a word. All the same, we're supposed to pull permits to do almost anything -- even installing new windows! -- and they don't come cheap. I've had to do this for all the major plumbing (re-piping) I've had done. And I decided against building a catio here for two reasons, that being one and the other being that this is a noisy, polluted area, so it wouldn't be that great to let them go out into all the noise and the particulate from the power plant just a few blocks away, to say nothing of all the freeway auto emissions.
THRASHER!!! THRASHER!!! THRASHER!!! PLEASE come home, safe, sound, and soon!:hearthrob::runningcat::hearthrob:Life's better at home with those who love you! Food is plentiful, water is fresh, there are lots of soft places to sleep, Strider Rose has made you TOYS! and OMC there are the cutest FROGS!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , you should live where we do. When we bought our house, the sidewalk was a lawsuit waiting to happen, so as soon as we could arrange it, we had a new one put in. We got a threatening letter from the building inspector because we didn't pony up $125 for a building permit first. When a neighbor's tree fell on our garage, damaging the roof and walls, the contracted we hired had to save and stabilize the lower 3 courses of block and rebuild from there up. Had he not done so, we couldn't have had a garage, as it would have exceeded the allowable covered area for a lot the size of ours.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , you should live where we do. When we bought our house, the sidewalk was a lawsuit waiting to happen, so as soon as we could arrange it, we had a new one put in. We got a threatening letter from the building inspector because we didn't pony up $125 for a building permit first. When a neighbor's tree fell on our garage, damaging the roof and walls, the contracted we hired had to save and stabilize the lower 3 courses of block and rebuild from there up. Had he not done so, we couldn't have had a garage, as it would have exceeded the allowable covered area for a lot the size of ours.
Oh, tell! EVERYONE is a bloodsucking viper these days when it comes to anything to do with property.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you know, I am working to keep predators away too.
I noticed that. Kind of hard for you to do so far away, but you try. I bet if you were here, nobody would dare mess with me. ;)

would be almost bizarre in Wally World, where "normal" is the farthest thing from "usual" amirite?
I honestly never notice any of that at our Walmart. But us New Yorkers tend to keep to ourselves, don't we? One of my friends posted a quote that said the most important thing you can do in your life is mind your own business. Typical NYer! :lol:

Now, if I can just stay out of sight of the neighbors while in my cat hunting clothes
We wear stuff like that all the time out here in the boonies. Nobody cares. I carry my parasol in the summer. ☂

Thank goodness the globe did not cut you!
It's a big rectangle light with those long lightbulbs that go across. The cover was plastic. Dad just left it off after I crashed it. Nothing gets fixed around here after it breaks. 🙄

Time for a serenade. Winner, winner....
Is that a real frog on the cat food can, or did you photo shop it in like the penguin? :think:

I have 28 right here but Thrasher is absent right now. I also help take care of Pawpurr
I was wondering the total number of cats, to use in my prayers. I just guessed & said Jcatbird & her 24 rescue cats. 🙂

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I have one of those in my kitchen. The fluorescents with the plastic cut-glass-appearing cover. Best kind of light to have in the kitchen! Lets you truly see what you're doing for food prep.
A lot of people use an umbrella in summer to shade them while they're walking. Makes sense.
I appreciate that about NYers! I think the South is where a lot of the, uh, more colorful Wally Worlders may be found. Not sure, though, as I've never been in one. Their employee treatment is abysmal, according to friends who worked there. And I don't like their outsourcing policies. But the family has made a HUGE grant for animal welfare so I've warmed to them quite a lot because of that.
As for feral and rescued cats, I do wish someone could persuade these two to eat their breakfast which has turned into brunch! :sigh:
IMG_1975 (1).JPG

Baby Su: "You like it so much, YOU eat it!":angrycat:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The appraisers here are mysterious. I don’t know if I have ever actually seen one but I know they are here at times. They probably need a cloak of invisibility to stay safe here. Perhaps they come in disguise and Banjo knows?
As for Wally World, no insult taken here. I have shopped there. At one time it was the only store within 30 miles so, it was a wondrous mix of human kind. I think some show off, some are unaware and some don’t care. Some also dress for success, even there. Lol Humor understood. I am thinking of wearing my mosquito hat and making a visit to see if I show up on someone’s video.:lol: Some of us just like to kid around too and if I can give a laugh, you know I will! Of course, my mother would have been horrified. She taught me never to leave the house without being perfectly coiffed. I remember the days when a lady never let anyone see her with curlers in her hair. Lol Telling my age here......

Now, if I can just stay out of sight of the neighbors while in my cat hunting clothes....;) Of course they do know my priorities.

Please do keep up the prayers. Greatly appreciated.
Keep that bed just like it is! It’s purrfect. I could stand a day right there! Hello Kitty!
@BellaGooch Agreed! She was missed!

strider rose strider rose Aww! The kitties are all purring after that! They love you too. I just wanted you to know that I put one of the toys you made out in the catio in the hope that an outside kitty could play too. Maybe even Thrasher? Someone did play with it! I don’t know who but it was moved to another spot! :clap:

M maggiedemi I am still here. I did not vanish but am stretched a bit far right now. Thank you for the extra hard prayers but do be careful. Big baths are not fun unless you are a frog! Thank goodness the globe did not cut you!
Double meaning? Of course!
Your Dad has a white mosquito suit? I like it! Lol I always did think the Pillsbury doings boy had a cute giggle.

@tnrmakessense Liverwurst! Brilliant. I have not tried that but I do know that one of my greatest lures is Carl Buddig ham. It’s thin sliced sandwich meat that the cats here could not resist but it has gotten harder to find since Covid. I did try some Gerber 2nd foods all meat ham. I’ll try anything to find Thrasher! All ideas are gratefully received!
I am using camera monitors. I’d love for you to post info about yours. I don’t have a computer though. Everything I do is on a small phone. It seems that no angle has really shown the right place at the right time. 4 cameras and only glimpses of what may be Thrasher. I have seen three other neighborhood cats clearly on monitors. Today I physically saw another cat I have never caught on camera. I do wonder though, since some of the rescues here hate cameras and avoid all types, maybe Thrasher is too? Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part but I know the Bengal boys are very nervous around them. Some of the rescues here rarely get featured on the thread because they just don’t enjoy the camera and I don’t push it with them. Have you ever noticed a cat staring at the camera? They do know they are there. Lol
Any tips or tricks you can share would be helpful! I am trying to cover many acres of woods, swamp as well as residential area. She could be anywhere. Thank you! :redheartpump:

@Mamanyt1953 I crawl in there too. I have begun to find better deals other places though. Covid changed our Wally World and it is usually stripped pretty bare but we now have lots of options nearby. I’m finding some really nice places. Jeans? Heh. I love my jeans. If you wear something besides jeans around here you kind of stand out. Going into the city is the only time I dress up these days. That’s a nice change of pace though. There was a time when I always dressed up because of work but I think the cats enjoy chasing skirts too much for me to stay around the house like that. At least I know BJ enjoys chasing skirts. Or is that Floofs?

By this time in this thread, I think I owe you a whole box of candles. Please don’t stop though. Thank you for lighting another. May Thrasher know and find her way.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I used to know a friend who owned a shoe store. He got very frustrated at women who insisted the wore a smaller shoe size than they could possibly stand. He was polite but just could not make the shoe fit. There is a lesson in those words huh? Lol If the shoe fits... if it doesn’t get your foot out!:lol:
I was around earlier but just could not get everything done to sit down yet. I seem to have overworked my hand. Nothing really but it’s swollen and slowing me down considerably. Been icing and applying heat. Old hands just can’t do all I ask of them. Still going to ask though! :lol:
Hugs right back to you! Thanks for noticing the quiet. Maybe we need the rest of that giggle from Banjo.

tabbytom tabbytom I hope your rest has been better. I’ve had you on my mind.
Hope your hands feel better. My Mom has Carpal Tunnel (she even had surgery for it). However, she lost her power to grip things, and I have to constantly open or carry things for her. Take some Tumeric, it is good at bringing down inflammation. It has helped me alot with my aches and pains. 🙂

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from the obese women in the purple tights, I've only seen one example of 'Wal-Mart people', at least that I can recall. She was standing at the checkout, wearing a top with a single shoulder strap- and an entirely exposed left breast.
Did she have a baby? Like was breastfeeding and forgot to put it away? I've done that in my house... fortunately not in public!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi
I appreciate that about NYers! I think the South is where a lot of the, uh, more colorful Wally Worlders may be found. Not sure, though, as I've never been in one. Their employee treatment is abysmal, according to friends who worked there. And I don't like their outsourcing policies. But the family has made a HUGE grant for animal welfare so I've warmed to them quite a lot because of that.
View attachment 378201
I'm glad to hear about their grant to animal welfare. I feel less guilty about shopping there. I didn't earn a lot of money and I shopped a lot at Walmart to help make ends meet. Especially when I took on a feral cat colony.

Those videos must be real. You can't make that stuff up. I think Walmart shoppers have a certain mentally, myself encluded. My Walmart used to be open all night.
I was there one time at 4 am and there was an obvious prostitute checking out their supply of comdoms. Then there was a customer that almost came to blows with a cashier.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from the obese women in the purple tights, I've only seen one example of 'Wal-Mart people', at least that I can recall. She was standing at the checkout, wearing a top with a single shoulder strap- and an entirely exposed left breast.
Where was the baby? *I'm afraid to ask*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear about their grant to animal welfare. I feel less guilty about shopping there. I didn't earn a lot of money and I shopped a lot at Walmart to help make ends meet. Especially when I took on a feral cat colony.

Those videos must be real. You can't make that stuff up. I think Walmart shoppers have a certain mentally, myself encluded. My Walmart used to be open all night.
I was there one time at 4 am and there was an obvious prostitute checking out their supply of comdoms. Then there was a customer that almost came to blows with a cashier.
I would NEVER fault people whose budgets and/or availability of/access to stores means they have no alternative! But yes, it does soften the sting somewhat, knowing the family is choosing to spend some of its profits on such a very worthy cause. Tax writeoff or not. They don't have to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.