My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I need a description for Flowers, and more info on Dolly, Kodiak and Mitsy.
I'm quoting myself, but here's an update on my file:

Dolly - found enough in your older posts, so I think I have enough on him now

Kodiak- also found enough for a description

Mitsy - is this right?
Mother of Whistle, Banjo, Painter and Cordial. All 4 kittens were adopted, but Whistle and Banjo were returned.

Flowers - still need a few words for her description.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the cat is out of the bag, Happy Birthday Jcatbird Jcatbird !!! :redheartpump:
Thank you everyone! It’s official I am young in cat love! Old in cat years! (Okay, old in people years too) I plan to stay kittenish! :flail: Another year survived and filled with furry love. Thank you for all the cute pictures. surya surya , whoever left me the gift they made, a true work of art! :lol:
M maggiedemi the photos of Maggie on the kitty highway make me want to join her! Lol Great pictures.

I'm quoting myself, but here's an update on my file:

Dolly - found enough in your older posts, so I think I have enough on him now

Kodiak- also found enough for a description

Mitsy - is this right?
Mother of Whistle, Banjo, Painter and Cordial. All 4 kittens were adopted, but Whistle and Banjo were returned.

Flowers - still need a few words for her description.
Mitsy is correct. Flowers is going to be fun. She is the one cat that I was really worried about catching. At fisrt she was so aggressive I called her Viscious! Then I decided that maybe it would help to change her name and I started calling her Flowers. What’s in a name? A lot. She did turn into a sweetheart. She had been terrorized and her babies shot while she laid beside them but still.....she learned to trust and love cats are amazing! I have at least one hilarious picture of her early on. She gave me, “ the look!” Nope two! Flowers is Mom to three litters. The first had only one survivor, Olive. She was adopted. The second litter was the little ducks. I didn’t have the little tabbies long because a foster Mom took them and the all got adopted quickly They were named Gemeni, Apollo and Voyager. The last litter were the Flowers babies. Violet, Dandy, Poppy and Iris. I had originally called Poppy , Jumper but it turned out that Jumper was female so it was changed to Poppy. Lol I caught those babies and Flowers because BJ brought them to the tarp shelter inside my fence and I found the babies playing, ironically, in flower pots. Appropriate that I had renamed their Mom Flowers and that led to the names of the kittens.

Before she trusted me!
CE97D503-BBF3-412D-B52F-D05BF2041E81.jpeg

After she brought her babies to me. She was still suspicious but she allowed me contact with the kittens and to get the whole family together in a carrier at one time.
984C8C82-EE75-49E7-BDC7-0366C9B18854.jpeg

Flowers and Kelly are the ones BJ was protecting at the very end. Once I had them and the babies, his work was done.
CD8EF5DE-73E7-4A94-9289-B8E6C9A8FF20.jpeg

Flowers and Bj brought the babies right to my back door. I saw J in the yard with Flowers. He had not been coming in the fence before and I know he led her out of the woods and to the safety of this spot.
45C8F6DA-BEA6-4D61-A480-9F45AF7F6D4F.jpeg

Finding the babies for the very first time in flower pots was just too funny.
B5A0A305-8930-4B60-81D5-B7D3169F8D43.jpeg

They just appeared after I had been searching everywhere forMom and suspecting she had babies somewhere.
7DC1E1A2-B193-460D-84E3-4C44BB8559A1.jpeg

Nothing I had down brought any proof of babies until the parents presented them to me. Soooo Cute!!
A8540074-23D6-473B-B98E-6C54BF570047.jpeg

They came in near the same time as Kelly and the Gingerbread babies. Happy endings. Flowers allows me to handle her and loves to be petted. She purrs and is a gentle tabby girl now. She is still a nervous girl but considering her life, she is an awesome kitty.Bravo Flowers!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A BIG *Happy PURRthday!* to you, Jcatbird Jcatbird !!! May it be your best yet, and wishing you *many, many more* in best of health, safety, happiness and Love!:bday::jester::party2::party3::celebrate::woo: (I think "Vicious Flowers" is a cute name. But again, I'm weird.) Re: the rabbit, I know BestFriends is licensed in wildlife rehabbing. What beautiful beloved ones, and yes, watching cat-on-cat love is such a blissful way to spend some time. We used to have quite a bit of it going on when the furmily was larger. Now, not so much but I was very moved to see THIS for the first time:
IMG_1284.JPG
*The closest I've seen Tarifa and Elvis* :hearthrob::redheartpump::loveeyes:
M maggiedemi Maggie is so lovely and she looks very relaxed and serene on her shelf!
surya surya again, huge props to you! What a big handsome guy! *And FIV+ cats are "officially" safe to adopt into multi-cat families, even FIV- families.*

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BUNCHES OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Update for Jcatbird: Had some bad news today. One of my semi-ferals is FIV+. I just caught the kitty with the broken leg.
Well, FIV isn't the worst, after all, and here's hoping he's one of those who live a long and happy life in spite of it! I am REALLY happy to hear that the kitty with the broken leg is now in custody!

The floor was painted concrete underneath so today I moved things around and started to put fresh paint down. It’s not as easy to move furniture as it used to be but I’m getting it done. It’s great to have things freshened up even if it takes awhile. :)
DANG...I SO wish I could be there...we'd get that floor painted, and then I'd go nuts with a stencil and pouncer! I've been itching to stencil a floor for awhile now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BUNCHES OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Well, FIV isn't the worst, after all, and here's hoping he's one of those who live a long and happy life in spite of it! I am REALLY happy to hear that the kitty with the broken leg is now in custody!

DANG...I SO wish I could be there...we'd get that floor painted, and then I'd go nuts with a stencil and pouncer! I've been itching to stencil a floor for awhile now.
She does look a bit cranky, but those whiskers are amazing.
surya surya I’m hoping the FIV won’t become an issue with such a healthy looking kitty.Such a beauty! Thank you for my Happy Birthday wishes!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Please come! Stenciling a floor would be great! I’ll have a nice blank slate for you! Lol

The birthday kittens are precious. Thank you! Will they be coming with you to stencil Paw prints? :lol::bluepaw: They can sing while we paint!

Lari Lari I agree the whiskers are awesome! I happen to love a cat with a spunky look. Thank you for the Happy Birthday!

M maggiedemi Your Maggie is a beauty. As long as she doesn’t try to eat you again! Thank you for the birthday wishes! Just so you know, it’s illegal to take any wild creature these days. Giving them some attention outside is probably okay but you can’t take a wild bunny inside. My brother rescued a hurt squirrel and took it to a vet. It was confiscated. When we were kids that wasn’t a problem but now we aren’t even supposed to keep a feather from a wild bird. I collected wild bird feathers as a kid but had to get rid of them due to new laws. Native Americans can have them though. A turtle shell is not allowed either. These laws were intended to protect wild creatures but sometimes prevent people from helping them. A liscense is required now.

A BIG *Happy PURRthday!* to you, Jcatbird Jcatbird !!! May it be your best yet, and wishing you *many, many more* in best of health, safety, happiness and Love!:bday::jester::party2::party3::celebrate::woo: (I think "Vicious Flowers" is a cute name. But again, I'm weird.) Re: the rabbit, I know BestFriends is licensed in wildlife rehabbing. What beautiful beloved ones, and yes, watching cat-on-cat love is such a blissful way to spend some time. We used to have quite a bit of it going on when the furmily was larger. Now, not so much but I was very moved to see THIS for the first time:
View attachment 280459*The closest I've seen Tarifa and Elvis* :hearthrob::redheartpump::loveeyes:
M maggiedemi Maggie is so lovely and she looks very relaxed and serene on her shelf!
surya surya again, huge props to you! What a big handsome guy! *And FIV+ cats are "officially" safe to adopt into multi-cat families, even FIV- families.*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That’s good to know about best friends. I’ll pass it on! A bunny may turn up again. There is a nest there. I love little wild bunnies! The photo of Tarifa and Elvis is wonderful. Sometimes closeness evolves over time. Looks like they are getting there!! The name for Flowers kind of evolved along with her trust of humans. Her story is an amazing one. My kitty family is a priviledge that I cherish. Each one greatly loved and loving. Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes! I hope to be here for all the kitties as long as they need me. I enjoy every day with them.

Love it, love it, love it! That is a wonderful display to see on my birthday! I really smiled reading all you wrote. It’s such a gran effort on your part. If anyone ever needs to know anything about me sweet fur babies, their stories will be there to help. It’s really a good thing to have at hand! One small correction is that Ally and Tortie names should be switched. Considering how many kitties there are, I don’t see how you kept it all straight. Pretty amazing! I don’t know any other person on this earth who could tell me the names of all the kitties here. Even my foster friend can’t get through the names. Lol That’s why I have lists posted all over the house. If you’ve ever noticed pieces of paper taped to walls, doors, the microwave, tefrigerator etc., they are all notes about the kitties, what they eat, when they eat, where they eat, where they like to sleep and all other manner of details about them. The few times I have gone to visit my Dad out of town and had to leave two friends in charge of the kitties for a day, this information was crucial. I could never leave without providing the lists.;) No one would know it all. My foster friend and one other know a lot but it takes at least two to get it all. I think I need you to come here so I can go see my Dad. If you and Ruby ever feel adventurous, I’ve got the perfect trip for you! :lol: I think I need to keep a copy of that on me at all times. Kind of like an emergency contact list or a medic alert bracelet. Actually, I think I do need to provide copies to a few people. Since I am working on setting up a trust, this could be invaluable for the kitties. It’s really a very important document. Thank you! :redheartpump::rock: :clapcat::lovecat3: We never know what the future may bring. It could be a kitty lifesaver. The kitties thank you too!:catrub::catlove::purr:

My web page keeps reloading. Lol I’m going to post this so I don’t lose it.
Another post will follow!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.