My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Thank you! That’s so kind and the kitties completely love the toys. I am finding them in a new spot every day.

rubysmama rubysmama Looking back at the chart took me back. I love the chart! It’s a time capsule and some of the kitties look so much younger. Thrasher the uncatchable, untrappable. That is actually a good reminder. For those who did not know, she used to perch on top of the greenhouse to groom herself and laugh at the little human far below. Once I stumbled upon her taking a kitten for a walk and she slapped the kitten to the ground to hide him from me. Then she just strolled away to lead me from her baby. I never did get her in a trap. I was feeding her and her kittens under a tarp feral shelter. I put the food into a large carrier and I just walked up when they were eating and shut the door. No fuss or upset really. She knew me well by then. She became a snuggler very quickly and she was attentive to any kitten brought in after that. Maybe she has found a kitty needing help out there. It would not surprise me if she was doing a bit of rescuing of her own.

The frog on the can! Lol I laughed too! He was singing for his supper. I kept putting him out and he kept coming back. I guess he was tired of the rain. Banjo was fascinated. His song is far louder than Froggie. He is able to leap small humans in a single bound!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Agreed! He knows how nice clean sheets feel! Lol
How are the kitties with Todd? Did the Coyote deterrents help at all? Hoping!
We all need the latest updates.
The giant frog was a huge hit here. Banjo brought it to sleep with us last night.:lol: I think it may have sung me to sleep. Thank you so much for such an awesome Froggie. I need to ask.... what is his name?

pearl99 pearl99 I don’t think I can really say I have the cats. They have me.:flail:I gave up my rights to this place long ago. The cats own the world here, which is fine by me. I feel so very lucky that I managed to gain their trust. None of the cats here were trapped in the usual way. I did trap a few kittens early on but that just made the rest of the kitties get very distrustful so I went back to my previous methods of earning their trust. BJ was the most amazing as far as the story of how he made up his own mind about joining the household. Cats are the most awesome creatures! Smart, forgiving, intuitive, kind, loving etc. etc. . The best of all caregivers. At one point I was working to socialize 44 at once and not one of them caused a problem for any other cat. There was a pretty steady shift in the population as cats got adopted and new cats came in. If only humans could adapt so well and with such love. I still remember every little furry face and purrsonality. Still miss the ones that left too but they went to great places. A few left but returned and I was moved to tears to see them again. Banjo, Whistle , Liberty, Kodiak and Tortie were in that group. It’s been quite an experience. When I started this, I never imagined what it would be like. Best of all worlds. I’m glad that rubysmama rubysmama posted the list. It can be a bit confusing to keep up with the Clowder. You should see us on flea meds day! I just haven’t been able to convince them to line up for that.:lol: That giant frog is going to be a regular here. He came from a Clowder friend. dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 found him and knew that we would love him.

tabbytom tabbytom Me too. I was looking back through old photos of her to refresh my memory of all the places she used to hide away. My heart hurts but I know that getting her inside when I did took her out of a very horrible situation. When I first saw her she was such a free spirit. She danced with the leaves on the ground as though she had wings on her feet. Before I could get her, bad humans got her. The attempt to save her went back and forth for some time. Each time she was near, the others did something. Still, she survived and was as swift as the wind. At long last she brought me her kittens and decided to come inside. I have to imagine that she is out there dancing with the leaves again. She has never stopped being as playful as she was as that kitten I first saw. I am hoping she will just decide that play time is over. The Brown Thrasher birds have returned for the season and she knows them as friends. She must be searching the leaves with them and catching up on old times. No longer in a rush from humans here. After they visit, she may think, it’s time to return to the Clowder and human that love her so much. Just when I least expect it, the leaves will stop falling , summer sun will begin to fade and there she will be, blending in with her little brown patches and one white ballet slipper on her foot. She will smile and tell me that it is time to come in again. I will be waiting and watching.:hugs::runningcat:Maybe she will come before then. Hoping always. Looking always. I will leave no branch unturned. For now, my voice will be keeping her company as it echoes through the woods each morning and night so that she is reminded that we are waiting. Her dish will be set at each meal where she can find her favorite foods. Someone nibbles at them now but invisible like the wind, I cannot see. I think my heart will jump at every leaf that turns in the breeze but each may hold a clue. Time is different for a cat. The clock does not tick for her as it does for humans. The door is open for her and I am there with open arms. Thrasher....Thrasher!
We will keep calling and maybe she will hear us over the rustle of the leaves.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Apparisers! I know! I built a storage shed that is “non permanent structure!” Heh! They came in my fence to examine it without notifying me. They could not object because I used the rules to my advantage. If I had added electricity they could have objected. It has an unfinished interior ( no Sheetrock) but looks like a small house. The gingerbread house. I am sure it was a thorn in their side. I suspect they may have noticed the catio. Also a non permanent structure. On purpose! When I put up the big greenhouse It was inspected too. They really got curious when I covered it with white plastic which is specific to orchid growing. They could not see inside. I got a knock on my door about that. The man was very rude. I had all required licenses for growing (ag dept. and city where I sold plants and import papers and produced them) but the guy wanted me to get another permit to sell here. Since I didn’t sell here, it was not required by law. Heh. I did my homework. I could sell where I had my business license and through mail or shipping. I pointed this out and he turned red. “Oh! You skirted the law!” No! I minded the letter of the law exactly! I even called the county ahead of time to be sure I followed the law. I am a very law abiding human. I made sure the zoning was proper and all other details covered. I invited him into the greenhouse to see that I did not have a cash register or any accouterments needed to sell here. He did go and look but left and never bothered me again. Funny but if he had approached me differently I might have considered selling here and paying a small county fee. After his visit I had no desire to do that. That was years back and now I have a much better relationship with the local officials but it was not due to anyone from that particular office!
Yes! Thrasher here is! Please come home. Humans are worried! A giant frog prince awaits with toys custom made for cats that love them!
Big Blue Cat package! I love that! Snorggles!

N NY cat man I don’t think I want to live with those rules unless I can find a way to make them work for me. And.... you saw what at Walmart? :eek3::thud:I know the south usually has the reputation but I think you win this one. :lol: That would be an immediate arrest for indecent exposure in the “Bible belt.” Unless a baby was involved.

M maggiedemi You can bet that if I was there, no one would mess with you! If I could not reason with them, I would just put myself between you and them. I may be small but I make a pretty good brick wall. Lol

If I were there, I would also try to help you fix a few things.

The frog in the picture is real. He is a baby bullfrog. When he grows up he will be huge! Not as big as the toy frog but close! If you have ever heard of restaurants serving frog legs, that’s the kind. However, no one will harm a frog here. Did you see the pictures of the quail that came here? She is now safe and doing very well. She was not hurt or sick.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Tumeric? I will give that a try! Thank you! I think I just strained my hand by overuse. I move hundreds of pounds of things like cat litter. Lol A month supply here is really heavy. I order the light weight but this time it was on sale and out of stock. I also did a lot of moving of cat carriers, cages, lumber and stuff recently. Sometimes I try to ignore my age. Lol I think you are wonderful to help your mom like that! :clap2::redheartpump:

Lari Lari I was hoping for a baby in that too! I just can’t imagine it otherwise.

muffy muffy I shop there too. Sometimes they have things I need. It is a superstore here and I used to be able to get good deals on certain cat foods when I was feeding the ferals outside. Now they hardly have any cat food! Does yours still have good inventory available?
I can’t say I have seen any really unusual humans at the one here but I have seen some wild videos. I actually had a very sweet young woman help me to lift the 44 pound packages of cat litter right after Covid started. It was a very busy store and everyone was trying to avoid each other but this one person saw me struggling and came to help. I appreciated it. This area is very religious so it’s more likely that I would see someone wearing a long dress , long hair and no makeup or “high hair” than any person exposing themselves. If someone did expose themselves they would probably have a minister trying to “save them!” ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile? You just have to love a Muffin.

Meet the new Frog Muffin!
F461CCF8-4DEC-4320-9AF7-75EC0F9AFA32.jpeg

We just had a quail and you wouldn’t let me play with it, now you introduce me to a frog?
70CB38F8-F25B-4724-B9A8-83E565711C5A.jpeg

I’m supposed to play with a frog but not a bird?
92C06526-E1D4-4182-A3A0-D754437B28F2.jpeg

Well.... it is a big frog.
35292BD8-0252-4AD4-B41E-2AE54FE576F2.jpeg

Hmph.
0576ACF6-7342-47F1-B1DB-5BBE7B88288E.jpeg

Hmph.
C0E6BAE4-B7A8-4AFF-A836-4E17DAF73C35.jpeg

Hmph.
3B2702E8-51AB-4313-82F9-44E54F56F6D9.jpeg

I can see it hooman. You don’t need to move it closer.
24C4C0BE-7F5E-4E1F-B335-F1956B88C6CC.jpeg

You do know it’s not a real frog, right?!
7BCCB559-5C9C-4627-AC40-2C60033592E9.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Great photo! Beautiful! Banjo would have loved watching that! She might have tried to rescue it from the water and bring it home though. :lol: I would love to have seen her watching that bird!

I’ve been birding more and I saw a Western Grebe the other day and my first thought was “Banjo!” (I didn’t take this picture I saved it from a website.)

View attachment 378263

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add me to the list of people who didn’t realize how many cats you have. That’s amazing. Thank you for rescuing these cats. You are a hero!
Muffin, ever the lovely kitty. Her “hmph” faces are hilarious!:flail:
You can see exactly what she’s thinking.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom met the giant froggy at the Goodwill stuffed toy bin several years ago and it asked her to rescue and help them find their furever home so of course she did so, she does that with the lots of miscellaneous stuff that finds her. Sometimes it takes a quite a while but we protect and supply a safe home in the meantime. Froggy never mentioned a name or if a girl frog or a boy frog just that they had left the jungle in search of a home where they were needed.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile? You just have to love a Muffin.

Meet the new Frog Muffin!
View attachment 378254
We just had a quail and you wouldn’t let me play with it, now you introduce me to a frog?
View attachment 378255
I’m supposed to play with a frog but not a bird?
View attachment 378256
Well.... it is a big frog.
View attachment 378257
Hmph.
View attachment 378258
Hmph.
View attachment 378259
Hmph.
View attachment 378260
I can see it hooman. You don’t need to move it closer.
View attachment 378261
You do know it’s not a real frog, right?!
View attachment 378262
New camera setting? Different exposure? Or just really lucky with lighting? Colors seem extra glam in these pics!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Looking back at the chart took me back. I love the chart! It’s a time capsule and some of the kitties look so much younger. Thrasher the uncatchable, untrappable. That is actually a good reminder.
I reread that description of Thrasher too, and it renewed my hope that she's doing ok, and will come home eventually. :crossfingers:

Can't believe it was 2 years ago, we created that chart. Last year really is the "lost year", isn't it. :sigh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, rubysmama rubysmama you said it! I've been struck by the mark this past year+ has left on everyone -- just look at photos. It's unreal! Whether or not a person has had it, the change is unmistakable.

What a moving account of the early sightings of Thrasher, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! I pray she doesn't take that long to come in but I pray even harder that she stays safe and well, whatever important Cat Business she's got going.
Ah, Muffin! "Hmph" indeed! Life is so unfair. Thankfully your mom makes sure you have other good choices such as chicken, turkey, beef, fish...!

Powering through pain is normal for me, too. But there are limits. I've weight trained and can heft the 30# buckets of litter we get onto stacks. 44# would probably be too much, though. But we all know what's said about necessity being Frank Zappa, don't we? :lol2:
I'm snorgling a big purring rumblebox :petcat:*He's not doing that with his tail, which I regard as a good sign :insertevillaugh:*

Yeah, anything goes now -- this world is off its axis and no one should be surprised at much of anything these days.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Now THAT's a magazine I'd subscribe to! :lol:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Great photo! Beautiful! Banjo would have loved watching that! She might have tried to rescue it from the water and bring it home though. :lol: I would love to have seen her watching that bird!
Well you are Chez CATBIRD so Banjo and Grebe fits.
The first frog photo, I thought it was real. "Cool frog!" I thought. Then oops...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that I would provide a smile of my own for one and all- Bashful and Burdock showing real togetherness.View attachment 378323Oh, and a few of Michele's tulips, too.View attachment 378324View attachment 378325
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Bashful and Burdock!!!:loveeyes: *If I ever found Baby Su and Elvis like that, I'd know for sure we were all in Paradise because it would NEVER. HAPPEN. HERE. ON. EARTH.*
What beautiful tulips! My dad used to give me a tulip plant every Spring. I could never keep them going. I miss them. And him. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could not reason with them, I would just put myself between you and them. I may be small but I make a pretty good brick wall.
Hard to reason with narcissists, but you're welcome to try. :thumbsup:

If I were there, I would also try to help you fix a few things.
At this point, things are probably unfixable. Probably best to make a plan to leave. Strut myself on outta here. 🚶‍♀️

I move hundreds of pounds of things like cat litter.
I sling those 40 pound cat litter boxes around like they are nothing. 💪

I shop there too. Sometimes they have things I need.
Walmart is my favorite store. Hee hee. I'm cheap, what can I say? 🤫

You just have to love a Muffin.
Duh. Of course I do. ❤

But we all know what's said about necessity being Frank Zappa, don't we?
No, but that quote I told you about yesterday was a Frank Zappa quote! The one about minding your own business. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.