My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Amazing how quiet it was last night. Lol Sleeping and peaceful.

pearl99 pearl99 I know. Thrasher come home!:please:Please dream she is in my arms.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Wally World has a varied clientele. It’s pretty amazing to do some people watching there. :lol:

BellaGooch BellaGooch Sleeping kitties just look so content. It was a snore fest. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back out waiting and watching. I put a two door cage in her old spot. It is one thing she knows well and if she will eat there, I have a chance to close doors. I also put a trap across the yard where food vanished while I was inside yesterday evening. Chances are slim to none she will fall for that but I baited it with chicken. Later I may try and drag out a very large double door cage. I really need a very large trap if I am to fool Thrasher. Ahh! The buzzards are here. lol Dam bird is just above me and waiting for something tasty. I guess I will oblige but far from this spot. I may have a trapped buzzard again very soon if I don’t! Lol I waved her off and she went out front. Good girl Damsel!
F11A039F-4DF7-43B4-863E-AD14F295BD7A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Amazing how quiet it was last night. Lol Sleeping and peaceful.

pearl99 pearl99 I know. Thrasher come home!:please:Please dream she is in my arms.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Wally World has a varied clientele. It’s pretty amazing to do some people watching there. :lol:

BellaGooch BellaGooch Sleeping kitties just look so content. It was a snore fest. Lol
Best place I can think of! Some are so sad, but a lot are so entertaining! and I hope I'm right in thinking that a lot of them do it purposely to get attention. Dressing bizarrely is pretty harmless, mostly, right? :shocked:
Dam bird, be good! ;) There's a very important action going on right now and your help is aPURReciated!
*THRASHER* *PLEASE come home!!!*:hearthrob::dizzycat::hearthrob:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It’s 3:06 in the morning now. My mind just thought of Thrasher and my heart missed a beat. My mind picturing the nite Thrasher went missing. Just wondering how she got out of the house and where could she go till today, she is not back home.

I worry and I miss her and my eyes are teary now. I pray that she's safe out there alone and hope she comes home soon.
Thrasher, you hear me, PLEASE COME HOME!

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Dressing for attention could be a large part of that. What kind of attention though? Lol
Dam bird went to the trap but left when I went after her. Lol I fed her and the baby up front.
The trap and cage food remain untouched. I am looking at ordering a bigger trap but they are weeks behind manufacturing. Trying to see if I can find one elsewhere. None are stocked locally beyond a typical cat or coon trap. I need something for a wide load.

tabbytom tabbytom Thrasher visit in my sleep but I wake up with my heart pounding. My neighbor thought he may have seen her this morning so, looking there. I caught someone on camera in my yard today. I couldn’t catch them though. Maybe a county appraiser? Maybe a lost dog. IDK. They were driving an ATV. I just chained the back drive again. After my next delivery I will re chain the front. It won’t keep animals away but will stop vehicles.
This is very hard. Thank you for worrying along with me. ❣ Soon. Very soon. The rain is coming again. Maybe that will bring her in.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to start an two part smile post. During the deluge of rain the other night, Banjo called me.

Hooman!
FAAD3387-3B1C-40C1-8585-DAD73E58354F.jpeg

I can’t believe what happened to Froggie since you closed the cat room from me!
899BAC0B-2F2B-4C83-B582-269D7C3B2918.jpeg

This is a tail Fluffer!
469489E6-2F00-4648-A53F-F21B2A91448E.jpeg

Wow.
B5BC2288-6C1B-4065-AE74-603AC7DB5E30.jpeg

I went to look. Oh! Lol
8479C65E-078A-42F0-A277-44CFD8BA8B93.jpeg

Not such a little Froggie!
1174AF78-D0E2-4DE5-9EDF-BA2C58DEE49F.jpeg

Come on and meet Banjo.
236177FF-881F-454E-8738-B16FA895295F.jpeg

That’s not my Froggie!
928426F9-785F-4877-8284-9151262D9F86.jpeg

Let me see again! Awwww!
95D19C8D-B749-4F51-8B7A-E695DFC5488E.jpeg

It’s a giant! A baby bullfrog!
43D33355-7C20-403D-AA36-CAADA560676A.jpeg

Still, he doesn’t look so big from here.
FEF48D6D-A2FE-4DFA-AE6A-16C77262A9F5.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute. There must be magic in bullfrogs.
AED12CAA-7138-4D53-9D57-93BE64BCDA6A.jpeg

This is an ear hair fluffer! Eye bugger too! Amazing frog!’
27721EEB-5337-484B-BC3E-BA1C23837B33.jpeg

Lol Cats are so expressive. To be continued.....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"...Maybe a county appraiser? Maybe a lost dog. " Aren't those one and the same? :crackup::insertevillaugh:
Frogs are sure cute. Big ones, little ones, in-between-sized ones. I like 'em all.
Was Banjo alerted to frog, or to the other "visitor"/s?;) One very welcome, the other, not so much...:argh:Yeah, ya gotta keep those out! while letting the ones you want in...neverending work, I know...
Just paid my gardener and reiterated to let ALL of the gardeners know not to cut ANY flowers, no way, no how, not ever!!! After they finished, I went out back and my gerbera daisies are still there :yess: *Of course, the patio chair I put over them and the note I made sure they could see may help.*😑

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won’t lose faith. I’ll just keep trying and hoping.
Yes, we keep trying and hoping. 👍

Protecting her until then is my big worry. I think I have placed all the protective measures possible, so now I can focus more on waiting and watching as she begins to feel that she is safe outside. I will be wracking my brain for new ideas too.
Ummm...I think I see a double meaning here...For Thrasher & somebody else?...;)

When you truly love everyone, they know it and things just tend to fall into place and go right a lot of the time because of this.
Oh I love this! Do everything with love, and things will work out. 🤝

Oh dear! I don’t know how Banjo kisses frogs and turns them into a Prince but it seems to be working backwards for me!
Hee hee. Muffin sure taught Romeo a lesson. You better appreciate me & treat me like the favorite, or I'll disappear. :lol:

I need to dig out my cat hunting clothes. The mosquito hat helps a lot but trying to sit where no one (neighbors) can see. Lol Not pretty.
That looks like Dad's mosquito outfit, except he has a white suit that looks like the Pillsbury dough boy. :thumbsup:

*Ouch* on the mozzies! as they call them in Australia. *No, I'm not there. I just like the word.*
Yes, remember I almost moved there? They have their own words for everything!!!! Know what a dunny is? :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we keep trying and hoping. 👍

Ummm...I think I see a double meaning here...For Thrasher & somebody else?...;)

Oh I love this! Do everything with love, and things will work out. 🤝

Hee hee. Muffin sure taught Romeo a lesson. You better appreciate me & treat me like the favorite, or I'll disappear. :lol:

That looks like Dad's mosquito outfit, except he has a white suit that looks like the Pillsbury dough boy. :thumbsup:

Yes, remember I almost moved there? They have their own words for everything!!!! Know what a dunny is? :)
*Like a dunny door in a hurricane, mate!* 🚽🦘:crackup:Yeah, it's not where any of us wants to be!
As far as doing everything with love goes, no, it doesn't mean everything will work out right or be perfect. That's not how life goes. But when you do everything with love, you know you've done your best and that your intentions are good. That matters a lot, now and in the time to come.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am back out waiting and watching. I put a two door cage in her old spot. It is one thing she knows well and if she will eat there, I have a chance to close doors. I also put a trap across the yard where food vanished while I was inside yesterday evening. Chances are slim to none she will fall for that but I baited it with chicken. Later I may try and drag out a very large double door cage. I really need a very large trap if I am to fool Thrasher. Ahh! The buzzards are here. lol Dam bird is just above me and waiting for something tasty. I guess I will oblige but far from this spot. I may have a trapped buzzard again very soon if I don’t! Lol I waved her off and she went out front. Good girl Damsel! View attachment 377928

Just a thought - have you tried liverwurst ? I don't know a cat that can resist pork. ( I'm a vegetarian but in desperation I'll buy some.)
I just offer a little - I know it has trace amounts of onion which isn't good for cats. Maybe you have the fortitude to cook pork liver - that would be better.

Thinking of you. I understand 100% what you're going through.

Have you put out a camera ? It's been invaluable to me as far as challenging my assumptions about if/when my escapee is around. I'd be glad to share the info. about the outside camera I got from Amazon, and the inside one I put outside the door by my front door ( I'm in a condo.)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and Jcatbird Jcatbird I assure you, no insult meant -- just a joke as those Walmart videos always make me laugh and who doesn't need a laugh? I'd say a hat and veil, or a shirt and jeans, would be almost bizarre in Wally World, where "normal" is the farthest thing from "usual" amirite? :flail:I would love to know what each of those people are thinking before they go there. Do they actually plan their outfits just for the occasion? Or am I reading far too much into it?:eek3: Whatever the case, I find the whole thing extremely entertaining. My aunt shops there, but only online.
And back OT, I thought I'd leave another post with *PRAYERS* for Thrasher to turn tail for home, safe, sound, and soon! and share my latest pic of the reason why I couldn't make the bed yesterday after putting the clean sheets on. My adopted/rescued cat, in all his big, blue/cream glory, had other ideas. And far be it from me to disturb such a well-deserved rest. It's very hard work being a cat!
IMG_2090.JPG

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --I finally came back, but you disappeared!
I have a funny story for you. I was saying one of my famous dramatic prayers, arms and hands raised in the air, asking for a miracle to bring Thrasher home to you. I think I got a little too dramatic cause I hit the ceiling light, and the cover came crashing down on my head! All that dust and dead bugs came down on me. Yuck! Thankfully it was a plastic light cover, not glass! I guess I'm too tall to do those dramatic prayers while on my walk in the house. 🙌🙌🙌 :lol::lol::lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would love to know what each of those people are thinking before they go there. Do they actually plan their outfits just for the occasion?
I have, to be honest, often thought the same thing. My "favorite" outfit to date may have been the VERY large woman (and I'm no fragile flower, topping over 200...although on my way down) wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes (that looked more like a thong) and a halter top. I was somewhat disgusted, and somewhat in awe of her self-confidence! I won't even bare my legs in public!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , the candle is still lit...although, this is either the fifth or sixth one.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have, to be honest, often thought the same thing. My "favorite" outfit to date may have been the VERY large woman (and I'm no fragile flower, topping over 200...although on my way down) wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes (that looked more like a thong) and a halter top. I was somewhat disgusted, and somewhat in awe of her self-confidence! I won't even bare my legs in public!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , the candle is still lit...although, this is either the fifth or sixth one.
Some people seem to have a blind spot when it comes to their weight. I am carrying extra weight myself, but am very aware what looks right on me and what really doesn't.

I had a friend who worked in Speedos (stretchy Gym wear) years ago and she was very frustrated that the same thing happened a few times already. These larger than normal size women, come in and try on a stretch pants 2 sizes to small, end up destroying the waist band and stretch out the material. Then quietly put the cloths back on a rack after coming out of the fitting room and run out of the store.

Management had to put up a big sign that clearly stated. "If you damaged the merchadise--you have to pay for it." Also an employee was placed in front of the fitting room and the clothes had to be looked over by her. Those incidents stopped happening after that. People have got to be more real about their weight and what suits there bodies best. Not fat shaming, just wish they understood what works for their size and what doesn't.

Jcatbird Jcatbird it has been very quiet without you on TCS. Hope all is well with you and the Clowder. Hugs.🤗

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The appraisers here are mysterious. I don’t know if I have ever actually seen one but I know they are here at times. They probably need a cloak of invisibility to stay safe here. Perhaps they come in disguise and Banjo knows?
As for Wally World, no insult taken here. I have shopped there. At one time it was the only store within 30 miles so, it was a wondrous mix of human kind. I think some show off, some are unaware and some don’t care. Some also dress for success, even there. Lol Humor understood. I am thinking of wearing my mosquito hat and making a visit to see if I show up on someone’s video.:lol: Some of us just like to kid around too and if I can give a laugh, you know I will! Of course, my mother would have been horrified. She taught me never to leave the house without being perfectly coiffed. I remember the days when a lady never let anyone see her with curlers in her hair. Lol Telling my age here......

Now, if I can just stay out of sight of the neighbors while in my cat hunting clothes....;) Of course they do know my priorities.

Please do keep up the prayers. Greatly appreciated.
Keep that bed just like it is! It’s purrfect. I could stand a day right there! Hello Kitty!
BellaGooch BellaGooch Agreed! She was missed!

strider rose strider rose Aww! The kitties are all purring after that! They love you too. I just wanted you to know that I put one of the toys you made out in the catio in the hope that an outside kitty could play too. Maybe even Thrasher? Someone did play with it! I don’t know who but it was moved to another spot! :clap:

M maggiedemi I am still here. I did not vanish but am stretched a bit far right now. Thank you for the extra hard prayers but do be careful. Big baths are not fun unless you are a frog! Thank goodness the globe did not cut you!
Double meaning? Of course!
Your Dad has a white mosquito suit? I like it! Lol I always did think the Pillsbury doings boy had a cute giggle.

tnrmakessense tnrmakessense Liverwurst! Brilliant. I have not tried that but I do know that one of my greatest lures is Carl Buddig ham. It’s thin sliced sandwich meat that the cats here could not resist but it has gotten harder to find since Covid. I did try some Gerber 2nd foods all meat ham. I’ll try anything to find Thrasher! All ideas are gratefully received!
I am using camera monitors. I’d love for you to post info about yours. I don’t have a computer though. Everything I do is on a small phone. It seems that no angle has really shown the right place at the right time. 4 cameras and only glimpses of what may be Thrasher. I have seen three other neighborhood cats clearly on monitors. Today I physically saw another cat I have never caught on camera. I do wonder though, since some of the rescues here hate cameras and avoid all types, maybe Thrasher is too? Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part but I know the Bengal boys are very nervous around them. Some of the rescues here rarely get featured on the thread because they just don’t enjoy the camera and I don’t push it with them. Have you ever noticed a cat staring at the camera? They do know they are there. Lol
Any tips or tricks you can share would be helpful! I am trying to cover many acres of woods, swamp as well as residential area. She could be anywhere. Thank you! :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I crawl in there too. I have begun to find better deals other places though. Covid changed our Wally World and it is usually stripped pretty bare but we now have lots of options nearby. I’m finding some really nice places. Jeans? Heh. I love my jeans. If you wear something besides jeans around here you kind of stand out. Going into the city is the only time I dress up these days. That’s a nice change of pace though. There was a time when I always dressed up because of work but I think the cats enjoy chasing skirts too much for me to stay around the house like that. At least I know BJ enjoys chasing skirts. Or is that Floofs?

By this time in this thread, I think I owe you a whole box of candles. Please don’t stop though. Thank you for lighting another. May Thrasher know and find her way.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I used to know a friend who owned a shoe store. He got very frustrated at women who insisted the wore a smaller shoe size than they could possibly stand. He was polite but just could not make the shoe fit. There is a lesson in those words huh? Lol If the shoe fits... if it doesn’t get your foot out!:lol:
I was around earlier but just could not get everything done to sit down yet. I seem to have overworked my hand. Nothing really but it’s swollen and slowing me down considerably. Been icing and applying heat. Old hands just can’t do all I ask of them. Still going to ask though! :lol:
Hugs right back to you! Thanks for noticing the quiet. Maybe we need the rest of that giggle from Banjo.

tabbytom tabbytom I hope your rest has been better. I’ve had you on my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.