My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 There is no great answer when cats are vulnerable and outside. I find that with wildlife that is eating what I put out, feeding them and leading them away from the feeding stations has helped me a little with other creatures but that has risks and is very temporary. . I do believe that constant feeding of one coyote will bring others or promote breeding , as with any creature. There are live traps for sale at most places that sell cat traps. Coyotes tend to take the path easiest to travel. Ditch banks, field edges and fence lines are typical. Lead him away or use deterrents until Todd can get a wildlife person to help. I sent you a link to coyote deterrents. Taking the food from the cats after they eat should have been done before but now I have concern that they may search for it to graze and be caught out in the open at the feeding station. Can he give the cats places to hide that a coyote cannot fit into? A safe feeding station? Honestly, he just needs to get those particular cats out of there. As long as food is available, all creatures will come. Get those kitties out. When food is no longer there, the coyote will search elsewhere. As you know, I am working to keep predators away too.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 There is no great answer when cats are vulnerable and outside. I find that with wildlife that is eating what I put out, feeding them and leading them away from the feeding stations has helped me a little with other creatures but that has risks and is very temporary. . I do believe that constant feeding of one coyote will bring others or promote breeding , as with any creature. There are live traps for sale at most places that sell cat traps. Coyotes tend to take the path easiest to travel. Ditch banks, field edges and fence lines are typical. Lead him away or use deterrents until Todd can get a wildlife person to help. I sent you a link to coyote deterrents. Taking the food from the cats after they eat should have been done before but now I have concern that they may search for it to graze and be caught out in the open at the feeding station. Can he give the cats places to hide that a coyote cannot fit into? A safe feeding station? Honestly, he just needs to get those particular cats out of there. As long as food is available, all creatures will come. Get those kitties out. When food is no longer there, the coyote will search elsewhere. As you know, I am working to keep predators away too.
Oh dear, he just got proof on the coyote yesterday and he would dearly love to get all his kitties off the streets but just doesn't have anywhere to put them right now. I'm going to copy & paste this to him right now.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Make sure that Todd knows that most deterrents in the link I sent to you will also scare cats away. However, if he uses a cologne the cats already know and accept, that may be one that the kitties won’t run from but coyotes might. Tell him to do his research before using things in the list. If a cat runs, a coyote will chase. Todd himself might be the best deterrent.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you! Hanging in there! :hangin:
I just love the name Pants!

rubysmama rubysmama Hugs and vibes gratefully accepted.:hugs: Hugs are so nice and cuddly.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Smokey is just about to show me to the bed. Lol Also nice and cuddly. It’s been a long and very wet day. Thank you for the love. That

Aren’t the toys great? I told strider rose strider rose that they must be special if Hekitty gave her paw of approval!:)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is pretty amazing that the buzzards have cooperated. They must sense the need here. I have known them all their lives. Maybe Damsel bird explained things to the others.:) She does seem to be in charge. My human friend is hanging in there. The weight there must be huge. I do believe that we must bend our knees under the load, rather than break. Thank you for the vibes. We are still here and that means tomorrow may be easier.
Customs? Lol I think that sending something out is even harder. I know someone who sent a musical card that got held up for months. Lol

strider rose strider rose As you saw, the toys were a huge surprise and made for a happy time for all! Outstanding job you did making all those!:clap2::thanks:

C Cat Grrl Your day is coming. I won’t be surprised one day to see a sweet kitty looking out of a basket.;) For now, the Clowder here are kitties for you to love. They certainly love you and our TCS family. Everyone here has helped to make their world better.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you. I know you do understand about being pulled away. So many demands and so little time. Thank you for the prayers!
I have confidence that homes will come for kitties but in the meantime, they are loved by you which is the best thing any of us can give. Would you believe that there are some places where it is very difficult to even get a kitty?!?! We are fortunate to have kitties in our lives. Prayers for you too.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy is the great and mighty huntress! Lol She is such a darling. Tell her to spit out any grasshoppers. Nasty! Froggie recommends the little brown bugs as being tasty. Speaking of Froggie...... this is our smile today! Courtesy of a gift box from Gypsy! Thank you! Smile post coming!!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Clowder is having a very exciting weekend! It has inspired lots of happy cats and more tails from them are coming. Tonight is all about the love that gets spread around thanks to good humans and good kitties. Also, cats that like to share smiles with everyone here. dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Need a smile?

BJ is up to his old tricks of kissing the girls.

Give me a little kiss Muffin.
3D93FA66-2C40-4E5A-BC1F-CC34041B8FDF.jpeg

That was so awesome!
29AD8F36-7854-4415-B1F8-DE1207A0DCAF.jpeg

If I keep my eyes closed will you put your paws around me and give me another kiss?
A4AD002C-07DA-4D94-BACC-F51A8D058D42.jpeg

I love you too Muffin!
B91F4F1C-EA3C-4AEB-83AF-F8B420A1345E.jpeg

One more?
9D311042-EFC4-47C0-BDC8-2C5F635B7064.jpeg

Ummmm! Muffin?
E041A408-7CF1-439E-92CE-AD795AFEC151.jpeg

Oh dear! I don’t know how Banjo kisses frogs and turns them into a Prince but it seems to be working backwards for me!
34371829-9757-4F14-97DE-79159A1B741A.jpeg

I’m really sorry Muffin! Ahh, no more kisses. Thanks anyway.
67D130C8-8654-493C-A59B-AC5E8726E65C.jpeg

Maybe I should stop kissing every girl in the house?
8C1CF1B9-480A-407D-A2A1-D770E9BEBE6F.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Clowder is having a very exciting weekend! It has inspired lots of happy cats and more tails from them are coming. Tonight is all about the love that gets spread around thanks to good humans and good kitties. Also, cats that like to share smiles with everyone here. dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Need a smile?

BJ is up to his old tricks of kissing the girls.

Give me a little kiss Muffin.
View attachment 377744
That was so awesome!
View attachment 377745
If I keep my eyes closed will you put your paws around me and give me another kiss?
View attachment 377746
I love you too Muffin!
View attachment 377747
One more?
View attachment 377748
Ummmm! Muffin?
View attachment 377749
Oh dear! I don’t know how Banjo kisses frogs and turns them into a Prince but it seems to be working backwards for me!
View attachment 377750
I’m really sorry Muffin! Ahh, no more kisses. Thanks anyway.
View attachment 377751
Maybe I should stop kissing every girl in the house?
View attachment 377752
What a magnificent Frog Prince! My dad would have loved seeing him as he had a "thing" about frogs.
Yes, sometimes the only thing we can know is that this day will pass and another will come. *PRAYERS for your friend. For Thrasher to come home safe, sound, and soon. For all to be well with everyone at Chez Catbird! and for better to come, for all.
Hoping Todd will be able to get animal control on the coyote before it harms anyone. They are so prolific and omnipresent:sigh:It's just a shame. *PRAYERS* for him to find a safe haven for all cats in his care somehow!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch I have it on good authority that sometime after midnight, Muffin turned back into a cat. :lol:;)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 If one approach does not work, it’s time to try another. I going back to my roots of cat catching. As time allows.
Isn’t that frog great?!?! A gift from Gypsy and family for Banjo and the Clowder. I know your Dad would have loved it too. He was a very special human.
My prayers join yours about the kitties Todd is trying to protect.

Well, I am currently back to sitting outside and watching at feeding stations. I know where the animals choose to eat but catching a glimpse is another matter. Hopefully I have found a central spot and as the cats get used to seeing me sitting here each day, they will learn that I am not a predator. I am settling in for a long bout of daily visits here. I need to know if Tgrasher is eating here or am I just attracting other creatures and neighborhood cats. The mosquitos loved the deluge last night! Lol The power was off and on and no creature except possum visited until the wee hours of this morning. Although I heard something and saw the glow of eyes, I don’t think it was Thrasher.
Unh. I had hoped to avoid being outside every evening at mosquito time. Beautiful day though!
31F0BAFC-7693-4C1B-9B58-45607F67313B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Thank you! Trying but I know I will. The mosquitos here use a straw. I need to dig out my cat hunting clothes. The mosquito hat helps a lot but trying to sit where no one ( neighbors) can see. Lol Not pretty. View attachment 377828
I wouldn't worry one bit about it. If you've ever been to Wally World, you KNOW that anything goes. :crackup::cringe: Your hat and veil is a HUGE improvement over just about anything that might crawl into Wally World.people in WalMart - Video Search Results *I had to watch several to find one family-friendly enough to share here. I hope, anyway.*
*Ouch* on the mozzies! as they call them in Australia. *No, I'm not there. I just like the word.*
You have truly majestic trees!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Thank you!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have seen some .... different things at Wally World too! Lol I am grateful for anything that keeps the bugs from biting. I just hope that I don’t have to wear it all in public but, a mask under the net will be a good disguise! :lol:
The trees here are beautiful.

I took fresh food out and discovered that someone ate the food near the Gingerbread house as soon as I came in! I guess I was being watched by birds or cats. Thrasher was born near the Gingerbread house so..... hoping! I am back inside now and have done all I can for now. Time to rest. I have moved the cameras to new spots to try and watch the area but sleep is next on my list. Lol

The kitties agree. We were up very late last night and they are already settling. I got some really funny photos last night but our smile for tonight is from sleeping beauties.
It looks like they didn’t wait up for me. :lol:
BFAF7432-F5AA-49E6-8FFD-D9DA52680643.jpeg
A5AB8998-A66A-4468-A831-6E4F37B0B4F5.jpeg
5D893944-1514-48A2-A4EF-AA822B0ECF3F.jpeg
EAF5AB04-B74C-4719-9AE1-588A2EBCA266.jpeg
516F8C80-F3E0-484B-A795-B8634EC6531A.jpeg
7B4A78FE-0BE6-449C-AC50-6E9CED7036E8.jpeg

I hear snoring!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have seen some .... different things at Wally World too! Lol I am grateful for anything that keeps the bugs from biting. I just hope that I don’t have to wear it all in public but, a mask under the net will be a good disguise! :lol:

I took fresh food out and discovered that someone ate the food near the Gingerbread house as soon as I came in! I guess I was being watched by birds or cats. Thrasher was born near the Gingerbread house so..... hoping! I am back inside now and have done all I can for now. Time to rest. I have moved the cameras to new spots to try and watch the area but sleep is next on my list. Lol

The kitties agree. We were up very late last night and they are already settling. I got some really funny photos last night but our smile for tonight is from sleeping beauties.
It looks like they didn’t wait up for me. :lol:View attachment 377855View attachment 377856View attachment 377857View attachment 377858View attachment 377859View attachment 377860
I hear snoring!
Jcatbird Jcatbird aww look at those sleeping beauties

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like they didn’t wait up for me. :lol:View attachment 377855View attachment 377856View attachment 377857View attachment 377858View attachment 377859View attachment 377860
I hear snoring!
Sleeping beauties indeed! *How I miss my own snortling, purrzling catpiles!*
I especially love the pic of Smokey. Now THAT's a relaxed cat. So sweet!
Maybe there are others *on remote islands and other faraway places* who have never set foot in a WalMart. But as far as I know, I may be the only one. To me, it looks like a potentially dangerous Halloween, 24/7-365. Better to enjoy it vicariously!:shocked::running:

Status
Not open for further replies.