My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@strider rose Thank you! That’s so kind and the kitties completely love the toys. I am finding them in a new spot every day.

rubysmama rubysmama Looking back at the chart took me back. I love the chart! It’s a time capsule and some of the kitties look so much younger. Thrasher the uncatchable, untrappable. That is actually a good reminder. For those who did not know, she used to perch on top of the greenhouse to groom herself and laugh at the little human far below. Once I stumbled upon her taking a kitten for a walk and she slapped the kitten to the ground to hide him from me. Then she just strolled away to lead me from her baby. I never did get her in a trap. I was feeding her and her kittens under a tarp feral shelter. I put the food into a large carrier and I just walked up when they were eating and shut the door. No fuss or upset really. She knew me well by then. She became a snuggler very quickly and she was attentive to any kitten brought in after that. Maybe she has found a kitty needing help out there. It would not surprise me if she was doing a bit of rescuing of her own.

The frog on the can! Lol I laughed too! He was singing for his supper. I kept putting him out and he kept coming back. I guess he was tired of the rain. Banjo was fascinated. His song is far louder than Froggie. He is able to leap small humans in a single bound!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Agreed! He knows how nice clean sheets feel! Lol
How are the kitties with Todd? Did the Coyote deterrents help at all? Hoping!
We all need the latest updates.
The giant frog was a huge hit here. Banjo brought it to sleep with us last night.:lol: I think it may have sung me to sleep. Thank you so much for such an awesome Froggie. I need to ask.... what is his name?

pearl99 pearl99 I don’t think I can really say I have the cats. They have me.:flail:I gave up my rights to this place long ago. The cats own the world here, which is fine by me. I feel so very lucky that I managed to gain their trust. None of the cats here were trapped in the usual way. I did trap a few kittens early on but that just made the rest of the kitties get very distrustful so I went back to my previous methods of earning their trust. BJ was the most amazing as far as the story of how he made up his own mind about joining the household. Cats are the most awesome creatures! Smart, forgiving, intuitive, kind, loving etc. etc. . The best of all caregivers. At one point I was working to socialize 44 at once and not one of them caused a problem for any other cat. There was a pretty steady shift in the population as cats got adopted and new cats came in. If only humans could adapt so well and with such love. I still remember every little furry face and purrsonality. Still miss the ones that left too but they went to great places. A few left but returned and I was moved to tears to see them again. Banjo, Whistle , Liberty, Kodiak and Tortie were in that group. It’s been quite an experience. When I started this, I never imagined what it would be like. Best of all worlds. I’m glad that rubysmama rubysmama posted the list. It can be a bit confusing to keep up with the Clowder. You should see us on flea meds day! I just haven’t been able to convince them to line up for that.:lol: That giant frog is going to be a regular here. He came from a Clowder friend. dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 found him and knew that we would love him.

tabbytom tabbytom Me too. I was looking back through old photos of her to refresh my memory of all the places she used to hide away. My heart hurts but I know that getting her inside when I did took her out of a very horrible situation. When I first saw her she was such a free spirit. She danced with the leaves on the ground as though she had wings on her feet. Before I could get her, bad humans got her. The attempt to save her went back and forth for some time. Each time she was near, the others did something. Still, she survived and was as swift as the wind. At long last she brought me her kittens and decided to come inside. I have to imagine that she is out there dancing with the leaves again. She has never stopped being as playful as she was as that kitten I first saw. I am hoping she will just decide that play time is over. The Brown Thrasher birds have returned for the season and she knows them as friends. She must be searching the leaves with them and catching up on old times. No longer in a rush from humans here. After they visit, she may think, it’s time to return to the Clowder and human that love her so much. Just when I least expect it, the leaves will stop falling , summer sun will begin to fade and there she will be, blending in with her little brown patches and one white ballet slipper on her foot. She will smile and tell me that it is time to come in again. I will be waiting and watching.:hugs::runningcat:Maybe she will come before then. Hoping always. Looking always. I will leave no branch unturned. For now, my voice will be keeping her company as it echoes through the woods each morning and night so that she is reminded that we are waiting. Her dish will be set at each meal where she can find her favorite foods. Someone nibbles at them now but invisible like the wind, I cannot see. I think my heart will jump at every leaf that turns in the breeze but each may hold a clue. Time is different for a cat. The clock does not tick for her as it does for humans. The door is open for her and I am there with open arms. Thrasher....Thrasher!
We will keep calling and maybe she will hear us over the rustle of the leaves.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Apparisers! I know! I built a storage shed that is “non permanent structure!” Heh! They came in my fence to examine it without notifying me. They could not object because I used the rules to my advantage. If I had added electricity they could have objected. It has an unfinished interior ( no Sheetrock) but looks like a small house. The gingerbread house. I am sure it was a thorn in their side. I suspect they may have noticed the catio. Also a non permanent structure. On purpose! When I put up the big greenhouse It was inspected too. They really got curious when I covered it with white plastic which is specific to orchid growing. They could not see inside. I got a knock on my door about that. The man was very rude. I had all required licenses for growing (ag dept. and city where I sold plants and import papers and produced them) but the guy wanted me to get another permit to sell here. Since I didn’t sell here, it was not required by law. Heh. I did my homework. I could sell where I had my business license and through mail or shipping. I pointed this out and he turned red. “Oh! You skirted the law!” No! I minded the letter of the law exactly! I even called the county ahead of time to be sure I followed the law. I am a very law abiding human. I made sure the zoning was proper and all other details covered. I invited him into the greenhouse to see that I did not have a cash register or any accouterments needed to sell here. He did go and look but left and never bothered me again. Funny but if he had approached me differently I might have considered selling here and paying a small county fee. After his visit I had no desire to do that. That was years back and now I have a much better relationship with the local officials but it was not due to anyone from that particular office!
Yes! Thrasher here is! Please come home. Humans are worried! A giant frog prince awaits with toys custom made for cats that love them!
Big Blue Cat package! I love that! Snorggles!

N NY cat man I don’t think I want to live with those rules unless I can find a way to make them work for me. And.... you saw what at Walmart? :eek3::thud:I know the south usually has the reputation but I think you win this one. :lol: That would be an immediate arrest for indecent exposure in the “Bible belt.” Unless a baby was involved.

M maggiedemi You can bet that if I was there, no one would mess with you! If I could not reason with them, I would just put myself between you and them. I may be small but I make a pretty good brick wall. Lol

If I were there, I would also try to help you fix a few things.

The frog in the picture is real. He is a baby bullfrog. When he grows up he will be huge! Not as big as the toy frog but close! If you have ever heard of restaurants serving frog legs, that’s the kind. However, no one will harm a frog here. Did you see the pictures of the quail that came here? She is now safe and doing very well. She was not hurt or sick.

@Whenallhellbreakslose Tumeric? I will give that a try! Thank you! I think I just strained my hand by overuse. I move hundreds of pounds of things like cat litter. Lol A month supply here is really heavy. I order the light weight but this time it was on sale and out of stock. I also did a lot of moving of cat carriers, cages, lumber and stuff recently. Sometimes I try to ignore my age. Lol I think you are wonderful to help your mom like that! :clap2::redheartpump:

Lari Lari I was hoping for a baby in that too! I just can’t imagine it otherwise.

@muffy I shop there too. Sometimes they have things I need. It is a superstore here and I used to be able to get good deals on certain cat foods when I was feeding the ferals outside. Now they hardly have any cat food! Does yours still have good inventory available?
I can’t say I have seen any really unusual humans at the one here but I have seen some wild videos. I actually had a very sweet young woman help me to lift the 44 pound packages of cat litter right after Covid started. It was a very busy store and everyone was trying to avoid each other but this one person saw me struggling and came to help. I appreciated it. This area is very religious so it’s more likely that I would see someone wearing a long dress , long hair and no makeup or “high hair” than any person exposing themselves. If someone did expose themselves they would probably have a minister trying to “save them!” ;)
Jcatbird - The story of Thrasher is so poetically written. She dances with the leaves! You care so much for your kitties. It is heartwarming and inspiring. I am with the cheering section hoping and waiting for Thrasher to come home again.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch I never ever intended to have so many cats at once but after getting all the adoptions possible, the ones here deserved a safe home too. They trusted me to give that and who can deny a kitty a safe home? Who can refuse to love any kitty? Every single cat captured my heart. It isn’t a matter of being a hero. It’s just being a very lucky human. They are my heros. Who really rescues who?
Muffin is so very matter of fact about everything! She definitely expresses her opinions. One look is all it takes. Hmph says it all. I get that hmph look a lot. Fortunately, she is very patient with her human.:lol:
Do not apologize for giving us all such a huge laugh! I adore your magazine covers. That was priceless! “Muffin speaks out on new frog!” :flail: Still laughing! I would love to print out all the magazine covers you have done just to keep in a binder to pull out whenever I need to laugh. I keep erupting in giggles again. Thank you for much needed medicine.:wavey:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Well Gypsy, you have a very talented Mom. She rescued a VIF. Very Important Froggie! Banjo claims that the frog is a he. Another Prince to be sure. I’m not clear on the name either. Muffin said something about toed but I think she meant his feet?;) He seems to be an ambassador for Goodwill. We have all been smiling since he arrived. I even caught Muffin trying to stifle a laugh. Now that’s an accomplishment to be credited to your mom! Froggie made his way from the jungle? Wow! He traveled a long way and was rescued to come here? Another fairytale, happy ending! He’ll have a good life here with cat and Froggie friends.:redheartpump: Thanks for letting the Clowder adopt him! You are the best kind of foster family!

Lari Lari You have a good eye! There was more light than usual. I can’t take credit though. I think it was the glow from laughing cats.;) Muffin did enjoy the term “Glam.”

rubysmama rubysmama Two years but it seems like a different lifetime ago. Ha. I came here for a single night and joined on Dec. 5 , 2017. I posted to a few other people and left but returned , probably a few weeks later to look around again. Thanks to so many great people here who helped me with the thread, I returned again to start writing about the kitties here. I was just 32 cats into the adoptions at that time. It seemed impossible for me to ever get “the last cat in!” Remember when I celebrated that you posted the 1000th post? Thanks to so many caring humans, look where we are now! In a world that seems to have been turned upside down, we are all still together in our love for cats here on TCS. A constant that is so important to us all. It’s very reassuring to have. Anne Anne gave us that when she started TCS. I wonder if she imagined the future we would all find here? A bit like rescuing the Clowder? You have an idea and hope?

It was good to look back at the description of Thrasher. She really was untrappable and uncatchable. She was not unreachable. Like so many cats, she still trusted and loved. She is very wise. She made up her mind to come here when she had safe passage and I believe that she is just as close as she always was then. I am putting my trust in her to know when the time is right to return. If I have learned anything doing the rescues , it is that I must be as patient as a cat.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 This was an unmistakable year. I have experienced great losses along with many others but I think it was also a year of re evaluation for many of us. Priorities for many have changed. More appreciation for each moment given in life. No day passes without gratitude. As it should be. Much can be considered lost but maybe we found some things too? I certainly hope so. I also hope that we hold onto the memory of this so that we do not lose our appreciation for the most important things.

Thrasher’s story moved you? She moved me too. Constantly. There are just some things in life that we know instantly are a privilege. Knowing Thrasher is one of those. From
the first time I saw her, she clutched my heart. Over the time I reached out to catch that wild bird cat, I saw her overcome unbeatable odds and still remember the joy of cat flight. She came and went from my sight like the blink of shadow and light as clouds pass overhead. Here and then gone, closer and then at great distance. She has wings on her feet. I expect her to pop back before me at any moment. Just as before.

Necessity is at hand! That is a given here. Lolololol What would I do without weight training with cat litter? It’s good exercise.

Snorggling a rumblebox. That’s why my house vibrates now! Rumbleboxes everywhere! :lol: Very relaxing.

Muffin Said to tell you that yesterday was Wednesday which made it Hmph day! :lol:

N NY cat man I definitely smiled! Thank you! Burdock and Bashful are stripes like a rainbow with the pot of gold below. That is such a beautiful picture of them. Is there anything more heartwarming than two kitties blended in a snuggle? One Purrfect circle of love. It’s hard to resist joining things like that! Ahhh. To be a cat included in a cat circle. Bliss. Then, add another rainbow of color with tulips? Yes! Big smile. We are blessed to see such an abundance of fur and petals. Michele’s tulips are such happy colors.

pearl99 pearl99 The bird does fit here! Lol Chez CatGrebe! There is just something especially lovely about birds. The cats think so too!
Cool frog!:lol: Oops. Muffin had to tell me it wasn’t a real frog too. I really need these cats to keep me straight.

M maggiedemi maybe I can’t reason with a narcissist but I can appeal to their narcissism! Your are such a good human that I know you put the needs of others above your own! :doh:Ummmm, yeah. Well, I can try. A brick wall might be better.

Some things cannot be fixed and maybe a fresh start will work better? Shine your own light?
If you can sling boxes, strut this way! Lol

I know you do love rainbow kitties. Nothing starts the day better than a sweet Muffin;).

C Cat Grrl The story of Thrasher poetically written? Thank you. She is poetry in motion. My greenhouse is nearly 12 feet high and a domed structure but she moved to the top as though gravity does not exist. I wish I could replay all I saw of her like a movie. She was silent on her feet but when she danced in the leaves it sounded like a soft breeze was moving through the woods. If a cat can make music in movement, Thrasher is the lightest tinkling of wind chimes. Not only do I cate greatly for these kitties, I respect and admire them. I stand in awe. Thank you so much for helping us to cheer Thrasher back to the Chez catbird nest. These kitties are part of us all. We are part of them. It’s all love shared. Each life is so important.:grouphug2:

tabbytom tabbytom Isn’t it beautiful how cats fit together? Cat circles are all heart!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile time? Just to let you know, the new frog has Velcro on his front feet!

Some cats see the new frog as a new friend, others see him as an imposter, still others...., well, leave it to lady to love all the babies around here. She’s a classy Lady. The thoughts of a cat. Lol

Muffin doesn’t appreciate that frog properly.
AD5152CA-077E-4FA4-A66E-9E59A711D3C1.jpeg

You should have introduced him to a Lady!!
82DEBF07-227B-420C-85A8-98B695282B38.jpeg

Move over Muffin!
165809B9-1B75-4143-BB3E-D1C2B4C6C846.jpeg

Come to me Mr. Frog.....
7F3D38B7-F844-4056-991F-40DF1BC55A76.jpeg

I’ll love you!
0D6D00E1-7FDB-4BCB-A411-35781DF6661B.jpeg

Oh my! You are a sticky frog!
28E5C590-693F-4B7D-8365-FF33F1E53692.jpeg

Yes human. I know I have a frog on my back. He does look good on me though.
D3C60573-7704-4368-A0B5-C727EFE23C4F.jpeg

Don’t judge me. I like the hugs.
57B48670-5C4C-4833-9AC8-0416A2AFFC86.jpeg

Pardon me human. I am taking my fashion statement for a walk!
E148024A-40E0-4E23-9C52-B19944E90938.jpeg

:oops::dunno: I guess Lady has watched momma possum? Or maybe this is not a baby bullfrog but a baby harness frog? This should get my neighbors doing a double take as Lady walks in the garden. Lol

Lady!!! I think I need to remove that!
Following Lady now! Lolololol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodwill is where I found my favorite little cat knicknack, a tiny tabby with a wistful expression. I think she was 50c or 75c at most. Of all my collectibles, she will always be my favorite.
Froggie fashion statements? Elvis knows just what this is all about! He's had a frog on his side...🐸
Every cat is love made visible, as my dear friend said. And every cat is an individual, just like every human (or any other living being) is! Taking the time and patience to earn their trust and get to know them is a wonderful gift we can give ourselves and them. Formerly feral Baby Su is proof of that! She is sweet, loyal, loving, funny, playful and fierce.
Hmph Day? I'm all for that! *One ad I actually like is that one with the camel. We all know the one.*🐪🐫 *One hump or two?*:crackup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to reason with narcissists, but you're welcome to try. :thumbsup:

At this point, things are probably unfixable. Probably best to make a plan to leave. Strut myself on outta here. 🚶‍♀️

I sling those 40 pound cat litter boxes around like they are nothing. 💪

Walmart is my favorite store. Hee hee. I'm cheap, what can I say? 🤫

Duh. Of course I do. ❤

No, but that quote I told you about yesterday was a Frank Zappa quote! The one about minding your own business. :lol:
Was it? I do not know the music but that's a funny coincidence!
Who couldn't love a place where you get a sideshow for free? And "cheap" is SMART IMHO. I saw a quote the other day online where someone was talking about some of the famous billionaires like Zuck, Buffett and Gates and said something along the lines of 'Rich people live like they're poor and poor people live like they're rich.' The one relative in my family who has a lot more than probably all the rest of us put together is like that, though he's nowhere near in the class of those men. People who have to earn what they have tend to be careful with it. I'm in the "low income" class, but I always debate about everything I buy and always try to get the most for my money. People who live to impress others live very empty, shallow lives, I think!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch I never ever intended to have so many cats at once but after getting all the adoptions possible, the ones here deserved a safe home too. They trusted me to give that and who can deny a kitty a safe home? Who can refuse to love any kitty? Every single cat captured my heart. It isn’t a matter of being a hero. It’s just being a very lucky human. They are my heros. Who really rescues who?
Muffin is so very matter of fact about everything! She definitely expresses her opinions. One look is all it takes. Hmph says it all. I get that hmph look a lot. Fortunately, she is very patient with her human.:lol:
Do not apologize for giving us all such a huge laugh! I adore your magazine covers. That was priceless! “Muffin speaks out on new frog!” :flail: Still laughing! I would love to print out all the magazine covers you have done just to keep in a binder to pull out whenever I need to laugh. I keep erupting in giggles again. Thank you for much needed medicine.:wavey:
Agreed. I don’t know if I’ve ever met a cat that I didn’t like. Still, I admire you so much for rescuing them.
Thank you so much! I’m so glad I could make you laugh.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom The frog went beautifully with her eyes. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Being frugal is always a good idea.We can never know the circumstances of another human by appearances. Each cat is different. Baby Su is a lover.

Elvis has a frog on his side? It’s always goofy to have a frog on your side! Honest, loyal, loving.....cats know these things.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you. Also, the laugh was extraordinarily good. Loved it!

I may not be on site later. I got a call that a friend is passing through the area. They live in another state so we hope to get in a visit. It would be nice to see them.
Have a great day everyone! I’ll be back!

You don’t really need the human. I have her phone now. If anyone needs anything, .... call for Banjo backup. Lol
DCBAAB6B-1213-460C-A2C3-673BF2DEC0AF.jpeg

:bicolorcat::bluepaw:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom The frog went beautifully with her eyes. :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Being frugal is always a good idea.We can never know the circumstances of another human by appearances. Each cat is different. Baby Su is a lover.

Elvis has a frog on his side? It’s always goofy to have a frog on your side! Honest, loyal, loving.....cats know these things.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you. Also, the laugh was extraordinarily good. Loved it!

I may not be on site later. I got a call that a friend is passing through the area. They live in another state so we hope to get in a visit. It would be nice to see them.
Have a great day everyone! I’ll be back!

You don’t really need the human. I have her phone now. If anyone needs anything, .... call for Banjo backup. LolView attachment 378497
:bicolorcat::bluepaw:
IMG_0237.JPG

*Elvis loves his catnip froggie!*

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodwill is where I found my favorite little cat knicknack, a tiny tabby with a wistful expression. I think she was 50c or 75c at most. Of all my collectibles, she will always be my favorite.
Froggie fashion statements? Elvis knows just what this is all about! He's had a frog on his side...🐸
Every cat is love made visible, as my dear friend said. And every cat is an individual, just like every human (or any other living being) is! Taking the time and patience to earn their trust and get to know them is a wonderful gift we can give ourselves and them. Formerly feral Baby Su is proof of that! She is sweet, loyal, loving, funny, playful and fierce.
Hmph Day? I'm all for that! *One ad I actually like is that one with the camel. We all know the one.*🐪🐫 *One hump or two?*:crackup:
Knickknack kitty photo please 💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin did enjoy the term “Glam.”
Of course. Always gotta keep it sexy, so we can strut. 🚶‍♀️

She made up her mind to come here when she had safe passage
We have to be sure that we will have everything we need, before we make the passage. ;)

I reached out to catch that wild bird cat, I saw her overcome unbeatable odds and still remember the joy
I can relate. Finding joy in the little things while trying to overcome unbeatable odds 🤝

she came and went from my sight like the blink of shadow and light as clouds pass overhead. Here and then gone, closer and then at great distance. She has wings on her feet. I expect her to pop back before me at any moment. Just as before.
Hmmm....does this remind you of somebody? :think:

Thrasher is the lightest tinkling of wind chimes.
It would be lovely to be thought of as tinkling wind chimes. ✨

Muffin doesn’t appreciate that frog properly.
Love that pic of my two rainbow girls! It won't let me save it, can you please send it to my email? 🌈

She is sweet, loyal, loving, funny, playful and fierce.
All the attributes I want to have. Not sure about fierce though! But maybe it will come. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course. Always gotta keep it sexy, so we can strut. 🚶‍♀️

We have to be sure that we will have everything we need, before we make the passage. ;)

I can relate. Finding joy in the little things while trying to overcome unbeatable odds 🤝

Hmmm....does this remind you of somebody? :think:

It would be lovely to be thought of as tinkling wind chimes. ✨

Love that pic of my two rainbow girls! It won't let me save it, can you please send it to my email? 🌈

All the attributes I want to have. Not sure about fierce though! But maybe it will come. :crossfingers:
Baby Su was born feral and came in swingin'. She's only ever bonded to me, and she's ferocious. She loves to gnaw on my knuckles. Sometimes she'll bite hard. I wouldn't have it any other way. We're joined at the soul.
IMG_2017.JPG

*A knuckle sandwich? Yes please!*

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember the days when a lady never let anyone see her with curlers in her hair.
I remember the days when no lady EVER went outside without being swathed in latex from belly button to knees! I also remember the last time I ever had to put on a girdle, and how aghast my mother was when I did abandon them entirely!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had planned on doing a good smile post about now but I am sitting outside, near where it all began. All the first feral sightings started here. I spent all day searching again after a neighbor made a lot of noise this morning in front of the property. I had been feeling that Thrasher had remained near there but thought the noise could have driven her away. As I went through my routine of feeding in the old places, I went into the edge of the back and into the woods. As I climbed through thickets, a flash of color and a cat trying to hide as it hugged the ground to scoot away. Most cats would have moved faster but maybe she thought she was hidden. I called but she did not stop. I could not follow fast enough ,without scaring her, to see where she went but maybe the general area? I think I tracked her through listening to the yells of the Blue Jays but that could have been about another cat since I could not see. So..... I am trying to sit silently and still to watch. I have put food out in various places and had to rise a couple of times to run off three hawks. Corvus the bird is keeping me company. ( crow) I can hear a woodpecker and a Mourning dove. If this was Thrasher that I saw,, it seems she was flushed from her safe cover like the quail. The golden brown of fur caught the lowering of the sun. Whatever cat she is, she is driven back deeper into the woods by the noise made this morning. Come back and show yourself kitty!

I started this post hours ago. I watched as the sun dropped and then left to let cats eat while it was safe. I came back just at the end of the light. I brought BJ who was extremely excited by the scent I brought inside. He took me on a path that included where I had been. We spotted two cats! One a tabby that left and the other was harder to see. However, she took a different path away from the tabby and just at the edge of a bush ,she turned to took. Just a silhouette but she seemed to be looking at BJ. I called his name and let him go a bit closer. She watched a moment more and left but did not run. I could not let him follow into the woods that were so dark but I could see she had left. Then BJ circled back to the area where I thought Thrasher might have been coming previously. He left his scent and took a few dirt baths. Then he took me for a run. We ended at the front step. He met something in the bushes that made him growl so I scooped him up to bring him in. Each time during the walk, he purred heavily when I picked him up. It’s getting late now and it’s a mystery whether or not this was Thrasher. It could just be another cat with some dilute calico markings. Although I did not get a picture of the mystery cat, I did get BJ in action.

The land of a hundred kitties.
3C048879-257E-4C92-81C1-0A81638248C4.jpeg

Losing the light.
23F67EF8-9912-458C-88F7-91957C523DA8.jpeg

The gold of kitty fur.
A5C0DA07-2769-43E4-BB9E-7344D8A58153.jpeg

The sun seemed focused where I had seen the kitty.
E3FCFC62-27AD-40FF-B0AC-9966C1E148FA.jpeg

Nearly time for dark.
8F91B1DF-92C3-48B0-888D-D3E88D8BA491.jpeg

A questioning posture from BJ.
F50EF716-7AF2-4735-98A7-997BC338E962.jpeg

He did not smell everything. He was selective.
2040721F-11B3-41F5-BC2E-8F6230DD484C.jpeg

Just as before, he was very interested in the spot at the gate entrance. The gate is normally fastened closed but with enough room for a cat to pass at all times.
7F5617D5-1163-4EB5-B49B-2F7B5817F930.jpeg

I kept a tight grasp on the leash.
27C399CA-56EC-4C54-B693-1EB8F60D7310.jpeg

Then I noticed his ears go back.
591EA1C8-889E-4141-8796-F6020DFD1D16.jpeg

Off at a run.
CBDC012B-2AEF-4C4E-A91E-DB48B6015A05.jpeg

Cat tail fully pointed down. Ears back and then I heard the beginnings of a soft growl. I snatched BJ up. I could not see anything behind the hedge but I am 100% positive that something was there. Very likely it was Mr. Possum or the neighbors cat, Tripod. Neither needed to be disturbed. Time to go back inside.
1029247D-AC1B-49C6-A9BB-E6ACF3FD3FAA.jpeg

Lamps on, BJ returns to the attention of all cats.
FBFCB8D2-381F-4727-AFDB-469F0BCC0999.jpeg

Banjo immediately tried to free BJ from the leash.
B4987B75-29FB-4316-ADAC-84CC0DA9A78D.jpeg

She’s such a good daughter!
90F33838-26D1-4C6E-B855-9D6C359DD642.jpeg

Or.... was she going to tack her Dad on a walk? Lol
0ABFBEF7-8483-41D7-B5E1-3FA49DADFD74.jpeg

Muffin ended that.
DDB2DE7B-3885-421D-8CA1-00692C4A5E9D.jpeg

Thank you for helping BJ! Lady is checking you out too.
2A4C9A52-D382-47F2-86CF-A20C01111F6D.jpeg

So.... rewards?
C81BBAE2-819B-4C8D-84B0-5573FEFF6D4C.jpeg

Yes!
0295419B-0A86-4D80-8EE0-AB47A7448681.jpeg

Mitsy especially.
BBB9F9F8-275A-49E5-96BB-F065A65AB070.jpeg

She kissed him and ...
9C078220-58EB-4874-90CF-9A627A27BB82.jpeg

Spent a huge amount of time making sure to love all over BJ.,
4A1BD182-B356-4290-840D-24CE2864074E.jpeg

So I did a good job?
B94402AE-F12C-4CBA-B174-C011CD0A2F0E.jpeg

I’m the big cat of the house!:coolcat:
49820D74-4AB9-4093-B7AE-0621F292FEF2.jpeg

Yes he is.

The reaction I got from Banjo was precious. I could not have been greeted in any sweeter way. I’ll save that for tomorrow though. It’s late and I am sore and tired. Need a hot shower too! Lol Hope springs eternal. As it should. For anyone out there who searches, don’t give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.