Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I should mention that SkyClan has changed a lot!

You know what I find funny? The kittens in Warriors grow up so quickly. They run around by the first week! Most kittens are still blind and can barely walk around that time.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I should mention that SkyClan has changed a lot!
Please, no more clues! :) If I remember correctly, there was another group of cats that lived near the gorge where SkyClan now lives. I remember Firestar and Sandstorm helping them set up borders in Firestar's Quest. I wonder if maybe that other group of cats has started making trouble for SkyClan again?

You know what I find funny? The kittens in Warriors grow up so quickly. They run around by the first week! Most kittens are still blind and can barely walk around that time.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Sometimes one week old kittens are doing things that it typically takes kittens 3-4 weeks to be able to do!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, my lips are sealed.... :D

All this talk of warrior cats reminded me of something crazy that happened. A while ago, Suki (the cat in my avatar) and Raven found a bird's nest up in a tree and managed to steal a baby from the nest! It was pretty gross, but those cats are very good hunters.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you have a pair of good hunters in Suki and Raven!

I thought of another question. It's been a long while since I read Firestar's Quest. Was the SkyClan cat that he saw in his vision Clear Sky?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Oof, I can't say, it's been a while for me too. I think it was Cloudstar, but I am not 100% sure.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember Firestar seeing a vision in a puddle of a gray cat; then he kept having dreams of that cat leading a large group of cats away from the forest. You may be right, that it was CloudStar not Clear Sky.
I also remember that when Firestar and Sandstorm first reached the area where the gorge is, one of the first cats that they encountered was the old SkyClan cat that the kittypets called "Moony". I can't remember right now what Moonys' real name was, either.
I will have to re-read Firestar's Quest sometime...I remember that one being a really good story.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Moony was called Sky, then Firestar named him Skywatcher.

My favourite SlyClan cat is Cherrytail, and maybe also Sharpclaw. How about you? (From the modern SkyClan)

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's right, Moony's real name was Skywatcher.

My favorites from the modern SkyClan are their Medicine cat Echosong and Leafdapple, who became their leader Leafstar.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Echosong was nice, yeah. Have you read the "mangas"? There's the Ravenpaw series, the SkyClan series, the Tigerstar/Sasha series and the Millie/Greystripe series.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only one of the mangas that I've read so far is The Lost Warrior, which was the first one about Graystripe. There was also a cute manga bonus story about Moth Flight and her kits at the end of Moth Flight's Vision.

I need to order some more of the manga books when I get a chance. Is the SkyClan manga about modern SkyClan or original SkyClan?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a cool idea! We've got lots of blue jays at the cabin, and I think we might be visiting it today. I'll let you know if I find any jay feathers!

I was thinking of making a warrior cats movie with my iphone, if I can get enough footage of my cats. I love film-making and I hope one day I'm on Tim Burton level. Of course, until then, I'll just be playing around with imovie, haha.

Maybe what I'll do is I'll make a video of "LeafClan" (that's what I imagine the Clan would be called if one lived on the acreage) using the farmcats. And then I'll do a voice-over, like in a documentary.

I've always pictured Suki as an actress...

(Here she is with a mouse and her brother Willy)
HUNT0313.JPG

Attachments

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you are able to make a Warriors movie of your cats, I would love to see it! That sounds like it would be a really fun thing to do. I sometimes take short video clips of my cats with my camera, but it's mostly kittypet stuff.

That picture of Suki with the mouse is great! It looks like she is bringing back prey to help feed the clan.

I actually found two more Jay's Feathers today!
IMG_4535 (2).JPG

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooh, they are very pretty.

We came back from the cabin, and oh my the cats were so cute! Raven has very long fur so she was a bit hot, poor her! I got a lot of footage for my film, so maybe in a few days I'll have a video to share.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We came back from the cabin, and oh my the cats were so cute! Raven has very long fur so she was a bit hot, poor her! I got a lot of footage for my film, so maybe in a few days I'll have a video to share.
Cool!! I'll look forward to seeing your video when you get it finished.

I came across a funny scene in The Apprentice's Quest today. It was when Alderpaw and the other cats traveling with him saw that family of Twolegs having a picnic. I liked Alderpaw's comment about the Twolegs' lack of fur: "What happened to all of their fur, maybe they are sick. Why don't their Medicine Twolegs help them?" :lol:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Hahaha! Us twolegs with extreme hair loss! I wonder what they would think of hairless cats like Rock?

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Haha...they'd probably think Rock looks really sickly!!

I read the part today where Sandstorm passes away; that was very heartbreaking to read! I always liked Sandstorm a lot; for some reason she reminds me of my cat C'est Moi.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah Sandstorm's death was terrible. I think I cried a bit. It's so hard to lose characters afterso many books...

(I'm still working on my video but it will be done soon!)

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A couple of interesting pictures from today:

Imagine if one of the Medicine cats were to find this!
IMG_4716 (2).JPG

Also, I was near ShadowClan territory; there was a strong pine scent in the air, and the ground was littered with pine needles.
IMG_4670 (5).JPG