Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I look forward to reading them!

Have you read all of the Warriors books? I haven't read them all yet, I'm currently on Path of Stars, book 6 of Dawn of the Clans.

Yes, Indoorclan is lucky to have her, she's such a brave and loyal Warrior. And fearless; although she's a small cat, she's been known to growl at dogs and twolegs!
Yes, I've read all the books exept for hhe latest one, River of Fire.

Path of Stars is an awesome book! Who's your favourite character from Dawn of the Clans?

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Path of Stars is an awesome book! Who's your favourite character from Dawn of the Clans?
That's a tough choice because there are so many great characters in Dawn of the Clans! If I had to choose just one, I'd have to go with Gray Wing.
I do like Clear Sky too; I didn't like him after I read The First Battle, but as I read on and found that most of the awful things that he did were because he was driven by fear, I was able to forgive him. The battle scene was so heartbreaking...so many beloved cats were lost in that battle! Jackdaw's Cry was one of my favorites because his name is so unique.
Who is your favorite from Dawn of the Clans? I'm about 1/3 of the way through Path of Stars right now; please don't tell me how it ends, I want to be surprised!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a tough choice because there are so many great characters in Dawn of the Clans! If I had to choose just one, I'd have to go with Gray Wing.
I do like Clear Sky too; I didn't like him after I read The First Battle, but as I read on and found that most of the awful things that he did were because he was driven by fear, I was able to forgive him. The battle scene was so heartbreaking...so many beloved cats were lost in that battle! Jackdaw's Cry was one of my favorites because his name is so unique.
Who is your favorite from Dawn of the Clans? I'm about 1/3 of the way through Path of Stars right now; please don't tell me how it ends, I want to be surprised!
Haha, don't worry I won't spoil anything!

I think my favourite character is Wind Runner, or maybe Gorse Fur. They are such a lovely couple, and they've got some sass but also common sense.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think my favourite character is Wind Runner, or maybe Gorse Fur. They are such a lovely couple, and they've got some sass but also common sense.
I like Wind Runner and Gorse Fur too; they do make a great couple. I remember when Wind Runner's character was first introduced into the story(actually, she was still known as Wind at the time). Somehow I knew that she was destined to be a leader, there just seemed to be something special about her.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 I would still be interested in reading some of your original Warriors stories.
I have some ideas for stories, but I haven't taken the time to write anything yet. Here's one of the ideas that I've been thinking about making into a story:

It was unanimous, the cats of Indoorclan had chosen Jayflower as their new leader. Jayflower looked at the hopeful expressions on the faces of "his" cats and though to himself but I'm not a leader; I can barely take care of myself, how can I be expected to lead these cats?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Jayflower Jayflower That's a great start! I would be interested in reading more!

Right now I have to go do cross-country practice, but when I return I will definitely share some of my writing with you.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, here is a quick sample of my work!

Duskstar tilted his head at his den.
"Meet me inside," he ordered, turning around and ducking under the ferns at the entrance.
Tawneyshade licked his lips nervously and followed, anxious to hear what his leader had to say. He knew he would never be able to live up to Snowshadow, one of SandClan's greatest warriors and, up until lately, the Clan's deputy. After an attempted assassination on Snowshadow by the cats of StormClan, he and his mate had fled the territory to lead the hosile cats away from SandClan.
Somehow, Tawneyshade had been selected as the stand-in deputy. He'd been in the position for no more than two days.
"Please, take a seat," Duskstar blonked reassuringly. Tawneyshade sat.
"Why do you wish to speak with me, Duskstar?" he bowed his head.
"This is a hard matter for me to discuss, young one. The balance of peace between the Clans is failing. Tensions are rising. We have lost so many valuable warriors. Have you heard Snowshadow and Flameflower's kittens crying at night for their parents?"
"Yes."
"With all this in mind, we must prepare for the possibility that Snowshadow will never return. We have to prepare you for becoming a full deputy, and one day leader." Duskstar fixed his milky blue eyes on Tawneyshade. The fur on the young cat's pelt pricked.
"No! Of course Snowshadow will return! He'll never let Stormstar kill him," Tawneyshade backed away from his leader, panic growing in his chest. "He must return!"
Duskstar dropped his gaze. "You are still inexperienced. Some cats never come back. Sometimes cats die and you have to work with it. Sometimes you have to adapt."
Tawneyshade winced. He knew Duskstar had lost his mate and his kits, and his beloved brother Ivywhisker. Then he twitched his tail, remembering the day Sundapple had died. His sister had lost two of her three kits prior. His other sister Brindlefur had lost her mate only days earlier.
"Duskstar, forgive my disrespect, but if you think I do not know of death and loss, you are mistaken. I will continue to serve SandClan as a stand-in deputy," he emphasized "stand-in". "Until the day Snowshadow returns."

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 That is really good!! I like all of the original character names that you came up with. I would definitely be interested in reading more about SandClan.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Well there is much more where that came from! I am currently working on a book for Snowshadow, but it is in very rough stages. Maybe one of these days I will post the first few paragraphs.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's some more of the story that I've been working on:

Jayflower shouldered his way trough the bramble tunnel leading into IndoorClans' camp to find Specklepelt waiting for him.
"Jayflower, come quick, it's Beetlepaw, I think she's ill" Specklepelt meowed.
Oh please Starclan no thought Jayflower. Just a little over a moon had passed since Jayflower had been chosen as IndoorClans' new leader to replace Grackle's Song, who had mysteriously disappeared. This was the first major crisis that Jayflower had to face as clan leader, he had to think quickly.
"Okay, let me check on her" Jayflower meowed to Specklepelt.
Jayflower padded into the clearing where he found Beetlepaw lying on her belly with a pained expression on her face.
"What is it Beetlepaw?, Specklepelt told me your were ill"
Beetlepaw meowed lightly, her voice weak with pain "It's my belly...it feels queasy, and it's painful whenever I have to make dirt"
Jayflower knew that Beetlepaw needed help right away, so there was only one thing that he could think of to do.
Jayflower meowed "IndoorClan does not have a medicine cat, and Beetlepaw's illness is beyond the scope of what I am able to treat, so she and I will have to make the journey to CanalClan to get help from them."
Olive-eyes heard this and became distraught. "But CanalClan is so far from here, what if you run into foxes or badgers or dogs or twolegs on the way there!"
Jayflower meowed " Olive-eyes, you know that the odds of us running into foxes or badgers is very slim, especially if we travel during the daytime; and I know a route that we can take where we will have very little chance of coming in contact with dogs or twolegs."
Specklepelt chimed in "What if a monster gets you on one of the thunderpaths!"
Jayflower replied "that's a chance that we'll have to take, but we'll be careful."

"Okay Specklepelt... Beetlepaw and I will set off for CanalClan two sunrises from now" Jayflower meowed. "As clan deputy, you are in charge while we are gone."
Specklepelt replied " you know that I'll do my best to defend the camp while you're away."
Olive-eyes scurried over and meowed "I'm going to hide in my nest while you are gone, and if any twolegs come around I'll claw their pelts off!"
Jayflower grinned at Olive-eyes and said "if any twolegs come around, please just hide so that they cannot find you!"

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooh, suspensful! Olive-Eyes is my favourite so far.

Here is a scene with Snowshadow and Flameflower: (it takes place way before the scene I posted earlier)

Flameflower's golden pelt shone underneath the moonlight, illuminating her like a firefly. Snowshadow knew that his own pelt would be near invisible, except for his white patches. He hoped they weren't too exposed up on the bare rocks of the mountain. Here there were eagles, bears, all varieties of unwelcoming beasts.

"Snowshadow, I'm freezing. Can't we find cover in the trees?" Flameflower's bright mew rose above the whistling wind. She fixed her dark eyes on him, green like pine needles.

"Not yet. We must find the stream path before we stray too far. Come this way," with a tiny shake of his left paw, Snowshadow picked his way over scattered boulders and scanned the landscape for the dried stream bed Duskstar had told them to follow.

Flameflower came behind him with heavy pawsteps. They'd been walking all day; luckily Snowshadow was well-trained and hard-willed. Flameflower, for all her pluck, did not rival his stamina.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooh, suspensful! Olive-Eyes is my favourite so far.
Haha...yeah, I tried to give Olive-Eyes a quirky personality.

The scene that you posted is very good, too! I like how descriptive it is, I can really picture it in my mind when reading. I would like to read more, to find out what happens!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, here is the next part, which is rather long! It contains a bit more of a back-story:

"Is that it?" Flameflower pointed her nose at a dip in the rocks. Excitement rushed through Snowshadow, and he bounded down his perch to where his Clanmate had showed him. He came to a halt at the edge of the dip, and looked down. Soil and pebbles made up the walls and floor of what Snowshadow decided must be the stream-bed. He reached in a paw to feel the bed, and quickly pulled it out upon feeling moist mud.

"This is it," he called to Flameflower.

"Oh, thank StarClan! Can we please go to the woods now?" the thick-furred she-cat yowled back.

"Yes, but we have to stay close to the stream bed. Come here and help me place some scent marks so we don't forget where it is."

Snowshadow heard a dramatic sigh, followed by a pattering of paws. Soon Flameflower appeared by his side. The two of them got to work, placing markers all around the perimeter of the bed.

They were done swiftly, and Flameflower led them to a group of huge spruce trees.

"We can find shelter underneath them," she offered, squeezing herself under the low-hanging branches. Snowshadow followed, secretly grateful that he could finally get away from the biting mountain wind.

"Are you going to take first watch?" Flameflower curled herself into a furry ball and yawned. He knew this was her cunning trap--he couldn't say no, or she would complain about being tired, whether she was actually tired or not. Well played, he thought.

So he nodded, trying to keep a straight face. "I'll wake you up when I can't stay awake any longer, alright?"

"I'm sure you could stay awake forever," she purred sleepily, before burrowing her muzzle into her tail and dozing off.

Snowshadow slipped back out of their tree and turned his head up to the sky. Stars peeked out behind clouds, and the moon shone brightly. It was nearly full, he remarked to himself, knowing that in a few nights time, SandClan and HawkClan would be hosting the Gathering. SandClan and HawkClan, back home on the moor and in the marshy forest. So far away from where he and Flameflower were.

They had no choice. Duskstar's vision had called for them to journey to another set of territories that the Clans had temporarily lived in many moons ago. The River Territories, a place where they had fled from the threats of the Dark Forest. The place where Snowshadow and Flameflower had completed their training as young cats, for they had made the challenging journey at a very young age.

Snowshadow did not want to remember those days. His mentor had died without explanation in the River Territories. SandClan had woken up one day to find him without a heartbeat and without breath, covered in blood. Oddly enough, after his death, the leader of the Dark Forest had vanished. No cat had a clue as to what had happened, but some guessed Snakestar had fought with the Dark Forest leader in his dreams, costing both of them their lives.

Snowshadow took a deep breath. That did not matter now. Duskstar's vision had spoken of "the spark that remains," which they assumed was to be found somewhere in the Rive Territories. The vision had shown mountains and a coursing river, so they had no better lead.

A sudden noise jolted Snowshadow back to attentiveness. The crack of a branch. The rustling of disturbed grass. He saw a dark shape creeping closer as he took slow pawsteps backwards. All the hairs on his neck were standing straight up.

A low growl hummed from the creature's chest.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 Ok, I'll look forward to reading it when you're finished!
I'm kind of at the same point with my story. I'm thinking about what I want to write next. I'm not sure if I want to continue on with the scene that I already posted, or if I want to write about another scene.