Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
He was born in a storm, so that's how he got his name! We got to bottle feed him, which was tricky but fun.

I believe a bunch of new warriors books come out soon. The next Vision of Shadows book and Crowfeather's Trial.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How come little Storm needed to be bottle fed, did something happen to his mother?

I bottle fed a kitten once; it was fun, and they sure are cute when they're that tiny!

That's cool that some new Warriors books will be out soon; of course I still need to read a lot of the books that are already out. I have yet to read most of the Super Editions and most of the Mangas. Eventually I want to read every Warriors book!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, his mother disappeared a while back. Luckily he's almost old enough to eat only solid, so we don't need to worry too much.

Haha, I remember when I started the Warriors series there was only four series (this was maybe 3-4 years ago?) and I thought that was a lot!! Wild stuff.

I thought of a great new plot point for SandClan/HawkClan. Since in my warriors "universe" there are lots of Clans (including the ones in the books), I figured I should include more than just two. So I added in another two, CaveClan and CloudClan.

CloudClan and CaveClan used to live up in the mountains that surrounded the territories of HawkClan and SandClan. However, after dealing with fight over fight and argument over argument with the head-strong CaveClan cats, the CloudClan leader, Skystar, led his Clan down the mountains and to the ocean. They struggled greatly to thrive, due to a huge amount of predators and threats. CloudClan's number went from around 30 cats to 15.

The current CloudClan is led by Wavestar, with Dragonflypelt and Covesplash as deputy and medicine cat. Lately, Covesplash has been having dreams of other groups of cats. He believes StarClan is leading CloudClan back to CaveClan, and perhaps other Clans.

Meanwhile, CaveClan went on a search for other Clans, because they had grown lonely on their mountain. By sheer luck (and maybe help from the Stars) they came across the cats of StormClan. However, Stormstar drove them away to SandClan and HawkClan.

I'm not sure if I'll have all the Clans move in together or stay a bit further apart, but I'd like for them to have connections. More room for battles and conflict!

(I haven't talked about this before, right?)

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your new Warriors plot point sounds really exciting! I like your idea of adding more Clans. I really like the part about CloudClan moving down by the ocean; it would be interesting to read about the different creatures and predators that they encounter. I would definitely be interested in reading more of the story once you are able to put something together!

My Warriors "universe" only has IndoorClan and CanalClan, and of course the Clans in the books and the Tribe of Rushing Water; there are kittypets and rogues, too. I've had an idea for another story; it's about The Prophecy of the Three Jay's Feathers. I still need to work on that one a little bit more.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is the basic idea that I had for the story; I just need to come up with more details for it, and put into story form.

The Prophecy came to Jayflower in a vision from the first Stoneteller, Half Moon. IndoorClan is sort of a hybrid clan in that they share traits and traditions with both the cats of the forest clans and the mountain cats of The Tribe of Rushing Water; that is why Jayflower received this Prophecy. One Jay's Feather represents the spirit cats of StarClan, another represents the spirit cats of The Tribe of Endless Hunting; and the third, which was placed by Half Moon herself, represents the unity of all of the cats. Once all three of the Jay's Feathers have been found, they will act as a sort of talisman to help protect IndoorClan. Jayflower has found the first two, but the third has proven to be very elusive and the quest to find it continues.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
That sounds really cool, I like the idea of the talismans. Reminds me of an idea I had once, where there was a prophecy with different "elements", represented by different cats.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a new Clan in my Warriors "world". They are called TrailClan because they live in the trees and greenery near one of the Twoleg trails.

This is one of their cats, a young apprentice named Shadepaw. I am working on a short story/scene about TrailClan right now.
IMG_6194.JPG
IMG_6196.JPG

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finished Thunder and Shadow a couple of days ago; I really liked the ending.
I love Alderpaw's new medicine cat name, Alderheart!!

I'm looking forward to finding out more about his vision at the Moonpool of the two cats in the tree...I'm thinking that they were SkyClan cats, maybe Clear Sky and Star Flower? I'm getting ready to start on Shattered Sky, I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I was looking into ordering Darkest Night, but it looks like it hasn't been released in paperback form yet. According to amazon, it will not be available in paperback until November.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, the name suits him well! He's very compassionate.

My memory is a bit foggy on the vision, but was it the one with the five-tipped leaf? That one was super cool.

Yeah, most warriors books are released in April and November. I can't wait!!

The latest happenings in SandClan/HawkClan are very interesting. Pineleaf, medicine cat of StormClan (former SandClan medicine cat) spoke up at the Gathering and asked if any StormClan cats would join her in leaving StormClan. Several accomplished warriors followed her, including Blazestripe, Voletail, Raccoonfur and Streamstripe. Of course, Pineleaf's deaf apprentice Icepaw also joined in (they communicate with facial expressions, tail flicking and gesturing with paws). Stormstar was, naturally, furious and swore revenge on all of them. Before a battle could begin though, Specklestar of HawkClan and Duskstar of SandClan called of the Gathering and everycat returned to their territories. Pineleaf returned to SandClan with Icepaw, while the StormClan warriors joined HawkClan.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The latest happenings in SandClan/HawkClan sound exciting! Why are so many cats leaving StormClan?

Icepaw would definitely be one of my favorite characters; that is so cool having a deaf cat who communicates with facial expressions and gestures!! Specklestar would be one of my favorites too because I have a Specklepelt!

Here's a story that I've been working on about Shadepaw, that black cat in the picture that I posted the other day.

Jayflower stood by the thunderpath waiting for a chance to cross when he saw something emerge from the undergrowth near the trail on the other side of the thunderpath.
Is that a cat?
When Jayflower was finally able to cross the thunderpath he saw that it was indeed another cat, a young black tom. He called out to the cat, but it continued walking away from him, and then suddenly scurried off back into the undergrowth. Jayflower thought to himself I'll just wait here, that cat has to come back out eventually.
Jayflower climbed onto a strange Twoleg thing made from long flat pieces of trees connected to a metal frame and waited. After a few minutes, the cat slid back out from the undergrowth and sat on the trail looking at Jayflower. He called out to the cat again "Hello there, are you lost?" The cat replied "No, I'm fine; I live around here...my name's Shadepaw."
Hi, Shadepaw...my name is Jayflower; Shadepaw, that sounds like a Clan name...are you a Clan cat? Shadepaw answered, "Yes, my Clan is TrailClan...we live here along this trail." TrailClan...I've never heard of you, are you new to this area? Shadepaw said, "Well, not exactly...some of us are former rogues, and some of us used to be kittypets; being that there were so many cats living around here we decided to form a Clan to make life easier for all of us."
Shadepaw asked Jayflower, "what Clan are you from?" I am from IndoorClan, he said...I'm their leader. "IndoorClan?, that's an unusual name for a Clan" Shadepaw replied. We are called IndoorClan because we live inside a Twoleg nest, Jayflower said. "A Twoleg nest... you mean you're a Clan of kittypets??" No, no...it's a very big Twoleg nest that is partitioned into a bunch of smaller nests; we have our own nest...cats only! Jayflower said. "But that doesn't sound very safe, living near a bunch of Twolegs", said Shadepaw. Jayflower answered, Your Clan lives around a bunch of Twolegs too; there are always Twolegs walking on this trail, or riding on those weird slender monsters with two big round paws...plus there are a bunch of Twoleg nests next to the trail. Shadepaw said, "yeah, I guess you're right."

That is as far that I've gotten so far on that story.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
That was an interesting encounter! That's one of my favourite parts of the Warriors book, when the cats run into new cats and there's a bit of a culture shock!

Well, the reason the cats are leaving StormClan is because Stormstar is ordering many attacks on the other Clans because she believes that SandClan and HawkClan have wronged her. She's very bitter and resentful, especially towards certain cats. Many cats of StormClan used to be SandClan cats (they were part of an expedition to explore new territory, and they decided to settle) and many are also former kittypets and loners. There are even some old WaterClan cats! That is a story for another time... StormClan was peaceful at first, but slowly and surely Stormstar grew more hostile.

Icepaw is one of my favourites too! She used to be a kittypet in a nearby twoleg den (which was actually a pet shelter), but StormClan broke in and freed her and her littermates. She actually has kin in HawkClan too, because HawkClan offered to take three of the kittens. At first, training was very hard for her but she learned cat "sign language" fairly quickly. Pineleaf had to very carefully introduce her to herbs and medicine, in order to make sure Icepaw knew what the herbs were for and so that there would be no mistakes!

When it comes to sharing tongues with StarClan, the StarClan cats use visual omens and prophecies, or send other deaf cats to communicate.

What drove Icepaw to follow her mentor was the fact that her brother, Snowpool, killed a SandClan cat in battle. She didn't want to be a part of such things.

I really want her to have a good medicine cat name. Any suggestions? She still has lots of training to do, but I'm thinking something like Iceblossom or Icerose, perhaps Iceberry?

Specklestar is a great leader. She is getting elderly though, I'm not sure if I want her to retire or finish her leadership. Her mate has already retired. After her, her deputy Sharptalon will take up being Clan leader. He will need guidance though, because he has potential to go down Stormstar's path.

Sorry for rambling! I love explaining my character's backstories.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds like StormClan is heading in a dangerous direction because of Stormstar's style of leadership. Hopefully she will realize her mistakes before her whole Clan falls apart.

I'm sure Icepaw will become a great medicine cat. Since she is deaf, her other senses are probably especially strong. Of the names that you mentioned for her, I like Iceblossom the best...or how about something like Iceshimmer or Icesparkle?

That would be nice if you had Specklestar retire because of old age. It seems like most leaders end up getting killed in battle...it would be nice to have one just retire.

I like how you are able to come up with so much detail for your stories, and also that you have so many different characters!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
You know, I actually don't think I've had any "bad" cats redeem themselves. My original plan was for Stormstar to be the next huge villain, but it would be great for her to turn a full circle and fix her mistakes. You've just given me a great idea!

Yeah, she has keen eyes and likes to watch the activity of the camp, imagining what every cat is saying. I think I'll see how she grows as she gets older, and then pick a name for her!

I actually did have a leader retire once, his name was Crowstar and now he is Crowheart. He retired because his old age was making his old injuries worse and he couldn't do warrior duties any longer. It would be nice for Specklestar (her warrior name was Specklespot) to rejoin her mate in the elders' den.

Thank you! Your characters are interesting too!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about another story idea today; it involves TrailClan again, and another Clan which is no longer around...OakClan. It has to do with a vision that Jayflower saw near the old OakClan territory. I will post more of the story when I'm able to work out some more of the details.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's what I've been able to come up with so far for that story idea that I mentioned the other day:

Jayflower rested on the Twoleg bridge near the trail and let the greenleaf sun warm his back. As he relaxed, his mind wandered back to the vision that he had nearly a quarter of a moon ago near the old OakClan territory. But OakClan disappeared many, many moons ago; why send a vision like that now? And why send the vision to me, I'm not a special cat...I'm not even really meant to be a leader.

As Jayflower was leaving the old OakClan territory around a quarter of a moon ago, StarClan sent him a vision. It was of a young gray tabby cat, barely a kit, sitting next to a thunderpath right near OakClan's old home. OakClan disbanded moons ago after their clan was ravaged by a terrible illness that claimed many cats, including their leader SlenderStar. After that, none of the remaining OakClan cats wanted to take over leadership, not even their deputy Swan's Wing. Even their beloved medicine cat Sowbug couldn't convince the Clan to stay together. After OakClan disbanded, some of them became rogues, others kittypets, and a few may have joined other Clans.

Now Jayflower was here in TrailClan territory because of that vision. I know I saw a cat that resembled the cat that I saw in that vision around here about a moon ago...