Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everycat! Right now, I’m seven books into a reread of my favorite book series from growing up (still my favorite), and I wanted to know if there are any fans of the Warriors books by Erin Hunter.

I’ve always been in love with these books, but after close to a decade of not reading them, I’ve found myself getting a little obsessed with these amazing books. I mean, it’s basically a middle grade version of Game of Thrones... but with cats!

I’m always looking for someone to talk with about Warriors! And what better place to look for fellow fans than an everything cat forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s a middle grade book series that starts off about a house cat who dreams of living in the forest. He meets some feral cats that live in the forest near his home, and decides to join their “clan.” It evolves from there to become an epic story of survival with lots of themes of friendship, loyalty, and faith. It’s got tons of well-developed characters, great plots, and a niche, very devoted fan base of people in their tweens and up into their 30’s and beyond.

If the description doesn’t sell you, the new redesigned covers absolutely will! Here are a handful of my favorites:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a huge Warriors fan! I found a boxed set of The New Prophecy in a Goodwill store a couple of years ago, and I've been hooked on them ever since. I haven't read all of the books yet, but I eventually want to read them all. I currently have 35 Warriors books; I'm reading Path of Stars, book 6 of Dawn of the Clans right now. I get pretty emotionally involved in the stories, and I have tons of favorite characters, but Jayfeather is my absolute favorite. I'm really enjoying the Dawn of the Clans series; I just started book 6, I'm at the part where Star Flower has her kits. I would definitely be interested in talking about Warriors!
My 3 cats have their own Warrior names; C'est Moi is Specklepelt, Olivie is Olive-Eyes, and Hotaru is Beetleflight.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jayflower Jayflower Oh man, you’re way farther in than I am! I finished The New Prophecy right before college, and only got about a third of the way through Power of Three: The Sight before I got to busy to read for fun. Now I’m rereading the whole series and have made it through The New Prophecy: Midnight.
But even though I haven’t read them all, I have quite a collection... I have all the hardcovers through the one that just came out, A Vision of Shadows: River of Fire. I’m in the process of buying all the redesigned paperbacks (gonna buy the second three series during employee appreciation at my bookstore job). And I have the first three series in Japanese hardcover because I speak Japanese.
Then I have all the super editions, manga, and a box set of all the novellas. I’m a little obsessed...

My favorite character as far as I’ve read is definitely Graystripe, though I also love a ton of the cats from The Prophecy Begins. I need to hurry up and read more!!

And my cats also have Warrior names, although none of them are old enough to have actual Warrior names. Spada is Spiderpaw, Luca is Dawnpaw, and Illia is ... Well, I’m still debating her prefix, but she’s got another month of the -kit suffix. Haha.
I absolutely love your cats’ Warrior names, especially Beetleflight!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca It sounds like you do have quite a Warriors collection! I have all of the books from the first one, Into the Wild, all the way through Dawn of the Clans. So far I only have one of the Mangas, The Lost Warrior, about Graystripe's brief experience as a kittypet. I only have two of the super editions...Firestar's Quest and Bluestar's Prophecy. I usually get my Warriors books on Ebay, unless I'm lucky enough to find them in a used book store. Mine are all softcovers, with the exception of Code of the Clans and the Ultimate Guide, which I have in hardcover.
That's cool that you can speak Japanese! I know a few words and phrases in Japanese that I've picked up from watching NHK world on TV, but I'm by no means fluent in it. My kitty Hotaru's name is Japanese for firefly, hence her Warrior name Beetleflight.
Your cats' Warrior names are great, too. Spiderpaw reminds me of Spiderpaw(later Spiderleg) from the books. Is Spada a long-limbed black tom?

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jayflower Jayflower Lol, unfortunately Spada is not a long-limbed black tom. But he is small, fast, and potentially deadly like a spider. He’s definitely going to get a suffix relating to his speed and athleticism when he turns one.

I forgot about all the little side guides! I’ve also got the Ultimate Guide and Code Of the Clans, plus the other two about battles and something else. I just love how much extra lore the series has!

(Also, I didn’t know NHK had a “World” program! That sounds interesting!)

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca I just saw the cat tree pics of your kitties that you posted; it looks like they're having fun. Your little kitten Illia is super cute!
NHK world is a PBS station with all Japanese programming. There are some really good shows; some of my favorites are The Professionals, Somewhere Street, Document 72 hours, and Seasoning the Seasons.
Besides the books, I also have some cat figurines that I've made into Warriors characters, so far I only have Jayfeather, Leafpool, and Brambleclaw.
There's a video on YouTube that some kids made where they acted out the whole Into the Wild book using Littlest Pet Shop figurines painted to look like Warrior cats. They actually did a pretty good job with it and it's pretty entertaining to watch.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 , Lionheart’s one of my favorites from the first series. And WindClan’s also my favorite clan. :D
Speaking of which, Jayflower Jayflower , which is your favorite clan?

I’ll have to take a look at PBS then! I’m definitely missing out.

I’d love to see your figures if you have pictures! I myself am thinking about trying to commission some Funko Pop repaints of my favorite characters. And maybe my own little warriors too.

I’ve seen that video! I was very impressed, and they followed the book exactly if I remember correctly.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 , I work at a library too! We have a pretty good system, although it’s not necessarily perfect. For each of the sub-series, we put number stickers on them, and I think we also put a sticker with the sub-series name on it. Whenever I walk by it in our children’s section, the usually in the right spot. Haha.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca My favorite clan is Thunderclan. Here's a pic of one of my Jayfeather figurines; I actually have two Jayfeather's...the other one is nicer but I couldn't get the pic to upload, I kept getting the error message saying the uploaded file is too large. I also tried to upload a photo of my Warriors book collection, but I got the same error message...I guess I'll have to try and take some different pictures of them.
IMG_8655.JPG

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca Do you have a Warriors OC(original character) that you've made up?
Mine is Jayflower; he's a slender light gray and cream tabby tom with bright blue eyes. My avatar picture is Jayflower; I'm pretty terrible at drawing, so I used an online game called kitten maker to make his picture.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca Do you have a Warriors OC(original character) that you've made up?
Mine is Jayflower; he's a slender light gray and cream tabby tom with bright blue eyes. My avatar picture is Jayflower; I'm pretty terrible at drawing, so I used an online game called kitten maker to make his picture.
Ooh, I've probably made hundreds at this point. My personal favourites are Snowshadow (black tom with white underside, paws, chest and tail tip with a missing right eye. Other eye is amber and he has a white spot on his left ear. Very fiery and sort of arrogant), Fernshine (very fluffy white she-cat with dark eyes), Flameflower (yellow she-cat with pine-green eyes and scars on forehead) and Gorsestep (brown tom with darker spots and green eyes)

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 Those are some great names, and those characters sound interesting...especially Snowshadow! Do you write stories about your OCs?

I've made up a clan, Indoorclan; it only has 4 cats...Jayflower, Specklepelt, Olive-Eyes, and Beetleflight. I've thought about writing some stories about them, but I haven't taken the time to put anything together yet.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 Those are some great names, and those characters sound interesting...especially Snowshadow! Do you write stories about your OCs?

I've made up a clan, Indoorclan; it only has 4 cats...Jayflower, Specklepelt, Olive-Eyes, and Beetleflight. I've thought about writing some stories about them, but I haven't taken the time to put anything together yet.
Yep, stories are my favourite. I could share some with you if you want!

Beetlflight is a nice name, I really like it

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, stories are my favourite. I could share some with you if you want!

Beetlflight is a nice name, I really like it
Yes, I would love to read some of you stories!

Beetleflight is a young black and white she-cat with yellow eyes. She is fierce and brave, and has positioned herself as the protector of the clan. She has very sharp claws, and she knows when to use them. She is also a very strong jumper...maybe she is descended from the cats of Skyclan.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would love to read some of you stories!

Beetleflight is a young black and white she-cat with yellow eyes. She is fierce and brave, and has positioned herself as the protector of the clan. She has very sharp claws, and she knows when to use them. She is also a very strong jumper...maybe she is descended from the cats of Skyclan.
Beetleflight sounds like a warrior you definitely want on your good side, hehe.

I'll have to dig up the stories a bit later because they are on my computer and not on my phone but when I get them I will post them!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll have to dig up the stories a bit later because they are on my computer and not on my phone but when I get them I will post them!
Ok, I look forward to reading them!

Have you read all of the Warriors books? I haven't read them all yet, I'm currently on Path of Stars, book 6 of Dawn of the Clans.

Beetleflight sounds like a warrior you definitely want on your good side, hehe.
Yes, Indoorclan is lucky to have her, she's such a brave and loyal Warrior. And fearless; although she's a small cat, she's been known to growl at dogs and twolegs!