Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Very good! I always love when prophecies come into play, it's so much fun figuring them out!

I might take a bit longer to respond these days because school has started again, so I'm a bit more busy. I don't think it will cause a problem though!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks!; I would like to tie this story idea in with the last one that I posted, since they both involve TrailClan. I just haven't figured out how I want to do that yet. I actually think it would be cool to make one of my stories into a manga, but I'm absolutely horrible at drawing so I cannot do that.

I had another story idea this evening; this one is about Jayflower being visited by one of the spirit cats of StarClan. I need to think about some more details for that one.

That's ok if you're going to be busier now that school has started; I will still post my story ideas when I come up with them, and you can read them whenever you get a chance. I would definitely be interested in reading some more of your stories, too! I'd like to read more about Icepaw!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a few chapters into Shattered Sky now; I just read the part where Purdy passes away. That was pretty sad to read; Purdy always seemed like such a nice old cat!

I also see that Darktail has recruited some kittypets to join his "kin". I feel sorry for those poor kittypets, I don't think they realize what they're getting themselves into.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Purdy's passing was very sad. He's been around since the second series, if I remember right.

Mistystar, on the other hand, has been around since before the first series! My goodness. She must be very old.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're right, Mistystar must be very old!

It's weird to think of Graystripe as an elder now; I still remember him from the first series, when he was still Graypaw. I think the first series came out in 2004, so that would make Graystripe 14 years old...so I guess he would be considered an elder now.

Another one who's getting up in age is Cloudtail. I still remember when he was a kitten, when Firestar got him from his sister Princess. I remember all of the trouble he used to get into when he was a kitten, like when he developed a taste for kittypet food!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is another of the cats from TrailClan; a white she cat with orange spots named Sunspot. I needed another cat for the story idea that I posted last week, and she will be great. Now I just need to decide how I want to tie her into the story.

IMG_6885 (2).JPG

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
She looks beautiful! For some reason she reminds me of Covesplash, CloudClan's very flirtatious medicine cat. He takes his duties seriously but can't resist flirting--he will do so to any cat. I suppose he knows that none of his flirting means anything, since he is forbidden to have a mate/kits, and therefore gives no second thought to it. While most of his Clanmates don't take him seriously, some cats have been awfully disappointed... Hehe.

Perhaps I'll write a piece on him some day. He's a jokestar, who loves to laugh and can't take much seriously. He is a pure optimist, and troubles slide off his pelt like water on duck feathers. So, when he started receiving haunting dreams from StarClan, he had to learn how to cope with them.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Covesplash sounds like a fun character; a flirtatious medicine cat, that's definitely something unexpected and different! I would like to read a story about him.

I was actually thinking about having Sunspots be the medicine cat for TrailClan; I needed a TrailClan character who could speak with StarClan, so she would be perfect as a medicine cat.

I read a couple of more chapters in Shattered Sky today. I read about the "kins'" attack on RiverClan...I was so worried about Mistystar! I was glad that she survived the battle, but sadly some of her clanmates did not. Also, one of the poor kittypets was killed in the battle. Darktail is turning out to be one of the most awful villains ever, as bad as Tigerstar! I'm at the part now where he is going to punish little Puddleshine for giving some of the herbs to Mothwing and Alderheart. I am very worried about what will happen next...please StarClan, do not let Darktail hurt Puddleshine!!!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, that battle was horrible! I was filled with so much dread while reading it.

Oh, poor Puddleshine. I hope that he gets an apprentice soon, it will really lighten his workload!

I think Crowfeather's Trial is out now. I can't wait to get it! Right now though, I'm reading another book called "The Stowaways". It's about a family of mice who go on adventures. I really love animal fiction books, especially those concerning mice!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I will find out what happens next on Wednesday. I left the book in my locker at work, and I don't have to work again until Wednesday. I always read during break time.

The Stowaways story about the mice sounds cute! I think I have heard of that book, but I've never read it. Whenever I take a break from reading Warriors books, I usually end up reading something else that is cat-related. I enjoy Gwen Cooper's cat stories.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The part of Shattered Sky that I read today was very suspenseful!

Twigpaw is still alive!! I was so worried that she was killed by that monster on the thunderpath, but I was holding out hope that she somehow survived. It appears that a kind-hearted Twoleg must have found her, and took her to a vet(or a "medicine Twoleg").

Then after she escaped from the veterinary clinic, she had that dream or vision of Clear Sky telling her where to go to find SkyClan, and she found them!! And it turns out that SkyClan's deputy Hawk Wing is her father!

Unfortunately, Alderheart's and Mothwing's plan for Violetpaw to sneak poppy seeds into the Kin's food backfired and she got caught because Sleekwhisker saw her doing it. The last part that I read was where Darktail was attempting to drown Needlepaw as punishment to Violetpaw. Then Darktail said he would let Needlepaw live if she were willing to kill Violetpaw; she agreed, then jumped on Violetpaw with her claws sheathed and told her to run! Violetpaw escaped, then Needlepaw was left to face Darktail and his rogues. I really hope that Needlepaw somehow survives! I like her, she seems like a good cat who has just made a few poor choices.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found out about Onestar's secret today. I've always liked Onestar, so I was kind of disappointed to find out about his not so honorable past. I still like him; I guess he was just young and maybe got himself in over his head with his bragging and lies to those kittypets. It was sad to find out about Smoke and her kittens. Onestar's past has definitely come back to haunt him now!

As far as Darktail, I really wanted to hate him, but I cannot now that I know more about his past and how he was rejected by his father. I can relate to him, having grown up without a loving or supportive father. I certainly don't agree with any of the cruel and horrible things that Darktail has done; but I can see where maybe things would have turned out different for him had his father played a more positive role in his upbringing.

At least Onestar finally came to his senses, and opened WindClan's borders to the other Clans. Now hopefully they can join together and drive Darktail and his rogues out for good!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I found the plot twost very interesting, but I feel that there should have been a bit more cmues leading up to it... it was do out of the blue. But I guess it has made Onestar more interesting.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had kind of figured that there was some kind of connection between Onestar and Darktail after that battle scene where Darktail whispered something to Onestar, and all of a sudden Onestar called for WindClan to stop fighting and retreat. It was still pretty shocking to find out that Onestar is actually Darktail's father!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I had kind of figured that there was some kind of connection between Onestar and Darktail after that battle scene where Darktail whispered something to Onestar, and all of a sudden Onestar called for WindClan to stop fighting and retreat. It was still pretty shocking to find out that Onestar is actually Darktail's father!
Yeah, I was so curious about what Darktail said.

I need to get the latest super edition now, Crowfeather's Trial. Not sure if I should place a hold in the library or just buy it... I hear that it's a great book. I've already read some spoilers, oops!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finished Shattered Sky today. I was glad that the Clan cats were finally able to drive Darktail and the rogues away, but it was sad that Onestar died in the battle. At least he died a noble death, and he took Darktail with him.

Now I will have to wait until November when Darkest Night is released in paperback to find out what happens next. In the meantime, I am going to read some of the Super Editions and Novellas that I haven't read yet. I am going to start with Bluestar's Prophecy. Bluestar was one of my favorite Clan leaders.

I need to go on ebay, and buy some more Warriors books now! I was looking earlier this afternoon and I saw a few of the Novellas for $3.99 each; I think I will probably buy a couple of those.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Bluestar's Prophecy is one of my favourites, it's a very compelling story.

The Darkest Night was an odd book. I don't recall much about it, I think it introduced Tree and also dealt more with character development and background detail than actual plot progression. I still enjoyed it though, it had a decent bit of adventure in it!

Right now I'm reading The Crown Tower by Micheal J. Sullivan. It's an amazing book, this is actually my second time reading it. Once I'm finished with The Crown Tower, I'll read the second book, The Thorn and the Rose, and by then I hope the next Warriors book will be out!