Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 14 feathers now! The one that I found yesterday is one of the prettiest ones that I have; the blue is very vibrant.

Have you ever looked at the Warrior cats website? There is a quiz that will tell you which Clan you should be in. I took the quiz and got WindClan, which would be a good fit for me because I like being outdoors in wide open areas, I have the slender build of a WindClan cat, and I'm good at running.

ThunderClan is still my favorite, though!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a lot of feathers!

Yeah, I love the Warriors website. I think I got WindClan too, which makes sense since I run cross-country. However I would also like to be a RiverClan cat, since I also love swimming!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't posted much here lately. I ordered this one on ebay.
IMG_8344.JPG

I am going to read it when I finish Bluestar's Prophecy.
I am really enjoying Bluestar's Prophecy so far; she sure was a curious one as a kitten(as most kittens usually are!) I have only read a few chapters so far; I'm at the part where ThunderClan is getting ready to attack WindClan. I like Bluepaw's mother Moonflower a lot; she seems like such a sweet and gentle cat, and she has a pretty name. I also like the young medicine cat apprentice, Featherwhisker.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the past cats of ThunderClan! I feel like they have very rich stories and honorable backgrounds.

Moonflower is a beautiful name! Which Warrior cat name is your favourite? I like Sunstar/Sunfall and Silverstream's names, as well as Goldenflower's.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have lots of favorite Warrior cat names! Jackdaw's Cry and Leafdapple are a couple of names that come to mind.

I was thinking about where the cats from the book Bluestar's Prophecy fall chronologically between the Dawn of the Clans era cats and the current Clan cats...I'm guessing maybe about in the middle.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
They would be closer to the current era than the Dawn of the Clans, I think. There's a novella called Mapleshade's Vengence, and there's almost a whole generation of cats that came before Bluestar. So I think that The Dawn of the Clans takes place around 50 genrations into the past.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I didn't really realize that there were that many generations of cats! It would be interesting to know which of the current Clan cats are distant relatives of the Dawn of the Clans era cats!

I think probably the earliest group of cats would have been the ancients that lived by the lake. Remember that story when Jayfeather went back in time to live with the ancients, when he was known as Jay's Wing? He had to help them find their new home in the mountains. If I remember right, a few of the cats chose to remain living around the lake, but the majority of them followed Jay's Wing to the mountains. Then when they got to the mountains, Half Moon became the first Stoneteller. I liked that story a lot..it was fun to read!

I read some more of Bluestar's Prophecy today. It was very sad to read that Moonflower was killed in the battle with WindClan. I don't know about Goosefeather, he seems awfully scatterbrained for a medicine cat; it almost seems like he's making up some of these omens so that he will seem important.
Right now I'm at the part where they're at the gathering, and Crookedpaw has introduced himself to Bluepaw. I liked Crookedstar when he was RiverClan's leader, and he seems like he was a really nice cat when he was still a paw.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a novella for Goosefeather that explains his weirdness! It's an interesting read.

I really liked Crookedpaw's and Bluepaw's conversation. They would have been great friends if they were in the same Clan!

Oh yeah, the ancient cats. That was a confusing book! I love their names though.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw a boxed set of the novellas on Amazon for $20. I would like to order that when I have the extra money.

I read the part today where Goosefeather tells Bluepaw about the Prophecy "like fire, you will blaze through the forest". It was right after she and Snowpaw were chased by the fox, and Bluepaw was about to fight the fox only to have lightning strike a tree and send a burning branch down near the fox, scaring it away. That part was really exciting!

I liked the names of the ancients, too. I always felt bad for poor Fallen Leaves, who got lost in the tunnels on his quest to become a Sharpclaw.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read the part where Bluefur and Snowfur went with Featherwhisker to Twolegplace to collect some catmint. Bluefur saw Pinestar up on the fence talking with that kittypet, Jake.
I'm guessing the part where Pinestar makes his shameful confession that he's decided to give up being leader of ThunderClan because he would rather live the soft life of a kittypet will be coming up soon. I remember reading about that in Code of the Clans.

Who is(are) your favorite Clan leader(s)?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I like Firestar, of course, but also Tallstar, Crookedstar and Bluestar. They were great leaders! How about your favourites?

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Firestar was always my favorite. The first Warriors series that I read was The New Prophecy, and he always seemed like such a great leader, especially in that series.

After reading the first series, Bluestar became one of my favorites; she's a character that I can relate too, especially how she was towards the end.

My favorite leader of all is probably Gray Wing, even though he was only a leader for a very short time. He's another one whom I can relate too; Gray Wing never really wanted to be a leader, nor did he feel comfortable being a leader...Jayflower is the same way.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finished Bluestar's Prophecy today; I liked it a lot, but I'd have to say that it was probably the saddest Warriors book that I've read so far. There were quite a few really emotional scenes, especially in the latter part of the book.

One scene that really sticks in my mind is the part towards the end, after it flashed forward to when Bluestar had been ThunderClan leader for a while. She and Redtail were talking, and reflecting on all of the changes that had occurred since she had become leader. It was heartbreaking to read of all of her beloved Clanmates who had passed on. Especially sweet and loyal Thrushpelt...he seemed like such a nice cat. Also, the gentle medicine cat Featherwhisker. It was even kind of sad to hear that Thistleclaw had passed away; although he probably died the way he wanted to, being killed in battle.

I imagine that has to be one of the hardest things for a Clan leader after they have their nine lives ceremony; knowing that since they now have nine lives, they will outlive all of the beloved Clanmates that they grew up with, and it's possible that they may outlive several generations of Clanmates.

I admire Bluestar a lot! After living through all of the awful things that happened in her life, even before she became Clan leader, and then living through all of the bad things that happened after she became Clan leader...that shows tremendous perseverance and strength of character!!