Erin Hunter Fans?

What’s your relationship with the Warriors books by Erin Hunter?

• Total voters

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is an interesting idea, matching the Warrior cats with superheroes!

Tigerstar would be Thanos...but then that would pretty much have to make Firestar Thor, and you already had Firestar as Captain America.
Here are a few more that I came up with:

Jayfeather would be Daredevil(blindness)

Hollyleaf is Jean Grey

Mistystar is Wonder Woman

Ravenpaw would be Black Panther

Who would be Iron Man...

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Let's see... Iron Man is pretty generous but he can be arrogant at times. I feel like a ThunderClan cat fits him best, maybe someone like Longtail or Dustpelt. Probably Dustpelt because he was more of a hero than Longtail.

Blackstar would be Batman.

Stormfur is Doctor Strange (went on a journey in a new place, joined a new group).

Dovewing would be Spider-Man, because they both have heightened senses.

My personal favourite superhero is Vision, but I don't know who would be him. Maybe Tree or River Ripple/Riverstar, since they are very calm and collected.

Bluestar would be Peggy Carter.

Ooh, who would be Hawk Eye?

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Clear Sky could be Hawk Eye. They have both had a lot of tragedy in their lives, and both have alternated between being heroes and villains at times.

Briarlight would be Batgirl(both are paralyzed)

Squirrelflight could be Starfire, their personalities just seem to be a good match

Crookedstar would be Aquaman

and a couple of villians:

One-Eye would be Loki, both are very deceptive and cannot be trusted

Brokenstar would be Deadpool

who should be The Flash?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Clear Sky could be Hawk Eye. They have both had a lot of tragedy in their lives, and both have alternated between being heroes and villains at times.

Briarlight would be Batgirl(both are paralyzed)

Squirrelflight could be Starfire, their personalities just seem to be a good match

Crookedstar would be Aquaman

and a couple of villians:

One-Eye would be Loki, both are very deceptive and cannot be trusted

Brokenstar would be Deadpool

who should be The Flash?
Some cat from WindClan, I would say. I don't know much about Flash's backstory but maybe Tallstar would be a good fit. Or maybe Runningwind (from ThunderClan).

Ant-Man could be Littlecloud.

Greystripe might be Bucky/Winter Soldier, since Firestar is Captain America and they were at one point in different Clans making them enemies.

Leaftstar, or some other SkyClan cat, could be Falcon (prefer being being up in the sky).

You know, I think Sol would be a better fit for Loki. One-Eye is more "evil" and I think Loki was closer to a "neutral" character.

We need someone for Yellowfang!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about Catwoman for Yellowfang?

Littlecloud is a good choice for Ant-Man; I was thinking the same thing since they are both small.

And you're right, Sol would be a better Loki than One-Eye...I hadn't thought about Sol in a while.

Who do you think Cinderpelt should be?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Cinderpelt is quite energetic and youthful but she does her job well. I know I already said Spider-Man for Dovewing but she fits the bill as well.

Okay, I have a new question:

Do you prefer the writing style earlier in the series, or later?

I find the early style better, because it illustrated a more rough lifestyle for the cats, and I found there more of a sense of wonder. But maybe that's just me!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about Spider Girl for Cinderpelt?

I'd have to say that I prefer the earlier writing style, too.
I always like reading about when a new twoleg thing gets introduced into the story, it's always fun to try and figure out what it is. It's also fun to read about when the Warrior cats have encounters with kittypets; it seems like there were more kittypets in the earlier stories.

Did you know that Erin Hunter is not a real person? There are actually several different writers for the Warriors books, they just use the pen name Erin Hunter. That may be why the writing style seems to vary throughout the series.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I remember there was three/four Erins in the beginning, then they got up to six, then one of them left... I guess it's very tricky writing as an entire team! But I would love to try doing that, writing is always more fun when you are with someone else.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think one of the good things about having a team of writers is that if one writer gets stuck on a scene and can't figure out what to write next, they can brainstorm as a team and come up with some different ideas. Then they can choose which of the ideas that they like best, and just continue from there.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah. And they can divide their strengths, like one of them can edit, another can plan and the rest write.

I believe Lewis Carrol was also a pen name: his real name was Charles Dodgson (I believe).

Also for Erin Hunter, I think they have very different teams working on each series. (Warriors, Survivors, Seekers). Survivors has a very different feel, as does Seekers.

Tui Sutherland, one of the Erins, also writes the Wings of Fire series.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember being kind of disappointed when I found out that Erin Hunter was just a pen name; I thought Erin Hunter seemed like a cool person.

I have a question:

I started reading The Apprentice's Quest yesterday and I'm a couple of chapters into the story. A great storm has been mentioned a couple of times; did that take place in the Super Edition Bramblestar's Storm? If so, maybe I should have read that one before I started on The Apprentice's Quest.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, Bramblestar's Storm is a rather odd book. Not much happens plot-wise, but there is a lot of background information you'll need to know. So I'd read that before starting A Vision of Shadows.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually do not have Bramblestar's Storm yet; I'll have to order it when I get a chance. I think I am going to continue on reading The Apprentice's Quest. I am enjoying reading about little Alderpaw and his sister Sparkpaw. I am at the part now when Alderpaw has been made a Medicine cat apprentice.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer Alderpaw. He seems like such a sweet and curious little cat. I like how he seems a bit unsure of himself, and how he tends to overthink things.
Which one of them do you prefer?

I just finished reading the part where he made his first visit to the Moonpool with the other medicine cats, and he had his vision of the SkyClan cats that live in the gorge. I remember reading about them in Firestar's Quest.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I see these books all the time at the library. I should really check them out even though I'm probably way above the age demographics. That never stops me from reading a book though. I love children/YA books, especially ones about cats.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see these books all the time at the library. I should really check them out even though I'm probably way above the age demographics. That never stops me from reading a book though. I love children/YA books, especially ones about cats.
dalpaengi dalpaengi You should check one out and give it a try. The stories are really good, and they're very well written. I too, am way above the age demographics; but I love reading them. I discovered the Warriors books about 2 years ago, and I've been hooked on them ever since.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
dalpaengi dalpaengi If you do decide to read the books, you should 100% start with the very first book. It's called "Into the Wild" and you'll find it in the "The Prophecies Begin" series (also known as the Original Series). There's 70+ books in Warriors at this point, so it is too easy to get confused by starting with a random book. I myself started with the fifth book of the fourth series... and I had no clue what was happening. However, despite my confusion, I still LOVED the book and eventually I managed to read them in order.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer Alderpaw. He seems like such a sweet and curious little cat. I like how he seems a bit unsure of himself, and how he tends to overthink things.
Which one of them do you prefer?

I just finished reading the part where he made his first visit to the Moonpool with the other medicine cats, and he had his vision of the SkyClan cats that live in the gorge. I remember reading about them in Firestar's Quest.
Oh yeah, SkyClan is really important in the coming books. Have you read SkyClan's Destiny (it's a super edition)? If so, what's your opinion on SkyClan?

Out of Sparkpaw and Alderpaw, I prefer Sparkpaw. She's not afraid to speak her mind and she has sass, just like her mother. She sort of reminds me of an energetic business-woman. Which, at her age, is adorable. Also, her character development later on makes her even more interesting.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, SkyClan is really important in the coming books. Have you read SkyClan's Destiny (it's a super edition)? If so, what's your opinion on SkyClan?
I have not read SkyClan's Destiny yet; but I like what I've read about SkyClan in Dawn of the Clans and Firestar's Quest. I am kind of hoping that Alderpaw's quest involves bringing SkyClan back to live with the other Clans. It would be cool to have all five Clans again!