All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
STILL reading "The Cat Who" series, I'm up to #18, "The Cat Who Said Cheese." You know, I really like this series, and Ko Ko and Yum Yum are adorable, but Qwill is a bit...well. He has had, up until Polly, a thing for women far to young for him, and Polly is unendingly jealous of anyone younger and/or slimmer than she. However, neither is enough to destroy my enjoyment of the books!

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dearest Mother would recite a poem many a day. There is one in particular she learned at age 99 years young. She would mostly do it while we were walking together. I cannot share it in its entirety because it is about 5 pages long. She was and still is amazing although I lost her recently. So in homage to her I would like to share it today. It is actually a Love poem.

EVOLUTION by Langdon Smith
Evolution, by Langdon Smith (1858-1908)
For those of you who do read it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so sorry, really I am. Big darn empty space and then a repetition. I did preview this poem many many times and felt certain I'd gotten it right. :silver::flail::hellocomputer:Darn computer. I need a computer tutor again or a printer or something but with Covid 19 I'm unlikely to do that soon. :)🌹🌺:worship:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Here's the Site Help section:
Site Help
MOD NOTE: Site help is more for technical issues related to the site.
If you need help with a particular post (as in the one that has now been fixed S sweet jane flash ), then you would flag the post itself (as I described in your question in Site Help.).

Sorry for the hijack of the thread, but it seemed easiest to address it here. :)

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MOD NOTE: Site help is more for technical issues related to the site.
If you need help with a particular post (as in the one that has now been fixed S sweet jane flash ), then you would flag the post itself (as I described in your question in Site Help.).

Sorry for the hijack of the thread, but it seemed easiest to address it here. :)
mani thank you for help 🌺 :silver: 🌹

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
S sweet jane flash .. sorry , more hijacking, but see the way I put a @ in front of your name? If you do the @ and start typing the name, the member's name will come up. Click on that and what has happened here will happen.. the person you are @mentioning will get an alert and know to come. :)

And to get things back on track... I finished this book a little while ago.. (the reason I have the photo is because of one of those facebook 'post a favourite book' things).
It's The Missing of Clairdelune by Christelle Dabos, translated from the French and also recommended by Sundar, who is also a Francophile who loves a bit of fantasy. It is very appropriate for our time; a story of a literally fractured world full of illusions. It's the second book in The Mirror Visitor Quartet. It's quirky and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the third book. :)

book.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
S sweet jane flash .. sorry , more hijacking, but see the way I put a @ in front of your name? If you do the @ and start typing the name, the member's name will come up. Click on that and what has happened here will happen.. the person you are @mentioning will get an alert and know to come. :)

And to get things back on track... I finished this book a little while ago.. (the reason I have the photo is because of one of those facebook 'post a favourite book' things).
It's The Missing of Clairdelune by Christelle Dabos, translated from the French and also recommended by Sundar, who is also a Francophile who loves a bit of fantasy. It is very appropriate for our time; a story of a literally fractured world full of illusions. It's the second book in The Mirror Visitor Quartet. It's quirky and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the third book. :)

View attachment 333861
mani he is one handsome guy💖

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My dearest Mother would recite a poem many a day. There is one in particular she learned at age 99 years young. She would mostly do it while we were walking together. I cannot share it in its entirety because it is about 5 pages long. She was and still is amazing although I lost her recently. So in homage to her I would like to share it today. It is actually a Love poem.

EVOLUTION by Langdon Smith
Evolution, by Langdon Smith (1858-1908)
For those of you who do read it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
I LOVE THAT POEM!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.