All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just read all 20 pages of this Forum, and have to say that most of you read completely different books from those I've been reading in the past 2 years. Maybe I'm a bit out of date.
You're not out of date, you just prefer different genres than you've seen mentioned here and a lot
of us support Kindle and Amazon, and don't feel life is too short to enjoy Lee Childs or Jodi Picoult.
Enjoy your books! :hugs:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not out of date, you just prefer different genres than you've seen mentioned here and a lot
of us support Kindle and Amazon, and don't feel life is too short to enjoy Lee Childs or Jodi Picoult.
Enjoy your books! :hugs:
It wasn't meant to be a criticism! I’ve read all the threads – just wanted you to know me, and why perhaps we may have different opinions about certain things, pertaining to books.

I’m sure if you’re living miles away from anywhere, Amazon and Kindle are a godsend! The local shops here are unfortunately being taken over by small chain stores: mobile-phones, opticians, hairdressers and bakeries. There are now so many Italian restaurants, steak houses and take-away kiosks that one wonders how they can all survive.

The Bookshop is one of the few places where you can spend some time, without having to eat or drink, just looking and reading. There used to be a cat, who regularly took a stroll around the bookshelves. She didn’t belong there, obviously had her own home close by, but felt very much at home with customers and staff alike. She was a bit stand-offish and reminded me of the store-detective at the department store in a London suburb, where I used to work as a Saturday-girl, a long, long time ago! Perhaps, there’s a cat-novel there, “Miss Prudence, the Store Detective”! Well, if such a book already exists, I’m sure someone will tell me, before I let my imagination run wild.

Happy reading!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are, indeed, godsends for those of us in small towns with few resources, or those of us who are disabled and can't get around! However, I get that you prefer to support small businesses, gilmargl gilmargl . I do when I can!

Still working on the Braun series. LOL, calling it "the Braun series" because I can't decide which is correct, simply " 'The Cat Who' " series, or "the 'The Cat Who series'," which sounds absurd, but is actually what it is! FIE on those who start a series name with "The!" And there are SO many of them! Note to self..."If I EVER write a series, DO NOT START THE NAME OF THE SERIES WITH THAT VERY AWKWARD DEFINITE ARTICLE!"

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
After finishing Year of Wonders, a novel about the plague in the 1600s, I needed something lighter so I’m reading an Aunt Dimity. My husband just finished How to be a Victorian by Ruth Goodman, an historian (non fiction). It was published in 2013 and named one of the best books of the year by NPR. That’s up next for me after I read Aunt Dimity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading, when I can focus, a paranormal novel, and it's scary!! A 9 year old
girl has become possessed by a demon. She cut her mother and accused her
father of sexually abusing her, all work of the demon, not her. Her father is now
in jail and his wife has hired a duo of paranormal investigators to help.They sense
a newbie, someone who can see the future, and seek him out and have found him.
His name is Oscar, a clerk in a convenient store. He's 18 and feels like a loser, and
his parents think he is. His shrink has just demanded that he leave her office because
he "saw" her boyfriend standing behind her while they were having a session and
spoke of him.

It's holding my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.