What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 64F here and pouring rain. Flood warnings are out and a number of roads and underpasses in town are closed. My sump pump is running almost nonstop.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Right now - 6:50 Sunday morning - we are at 62 degrees with 93% humidity. We are to get around 80 today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Nebraska, absolutely beautiful! Highs coming up all week in the middle 70's, lows in the 40's near 50. Got down to 28 last week so nipped some plants. Good, now I won't feel so bad about cutting them down. I feel bad for the people who don't have a change of season, I can't imagine suffering through those horrible 90 degree days all year long. The breeze is crisp, the air smells wonderful here. I don't even mind winter any more either. I stay snug in my house with my furbabies, no more bugs, weeding, and watering, much more time to catch up on things or go visiting, life is good!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, we hit 80. Today our high is to be 59, with a low tonight of 33. It's really windy out with that cold front coming through. The front roared through last night with the wind and rain.

We didn't get our cannas and elephant ears dug out of the ground yesterday, so will cover them tonight; hopefully, we can dig everything out tomorrow night and get them stored.

Later on this week, we are to get back into the 70s.....more fall-like weather.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Glorious weather - high 60's daytime and high 40's nighttime :cool2:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had our first frost last night.....right around 32 F. The ground was white and I had to run Clarence for a few minutes before we could leave for work. Rick covered the cannas and the elephant ears and I covered Rick's mom's pot of geraniums last night. Her geraniums are probably 6-7 years old now. When she moved into assisted living, everybody said, "Oh, just toss em!" and I couldn't, I just couldn't. I took them home; I cut them back in the fall and stick them in the basement, then get them out and feed them in the spring. I just didn't have the heart to throw perfectly good flowers away. They reward me by blooming like crazy every summer.

I uncovered everything before I came into work this morning and took the covers into the basement. We are not to get below 40 F any more this week.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like we had our first frost overnight too!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
66° and a high wind advisory. 30-35 mph sustained with 45-50 mph gusts.
So, normal for this time of year.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yep tues we had our first frost too. I love geraniums-I got a plant from my dad last year=I put it in the bathroom over the winter and this summer it bloomed..I haven't cut it back yet=still warm weather..I haven't watered anything though. all week hot sunny dry 75ish. Even the petunias didn't die off...they don't usually until the 3rd frost..they are hardy here for some reason. I love it 50 at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.