What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 36 F when I woke up this morning and only got up into the low 40's this afternoon but it was clear and sunshine. I'll take 40 F over 90 any day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had rain and wind today. I don't really know what the temperature was like because I haven't left the house. I took a loooong nap this afternoon. It was perfect weather for it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 44 here with 90% humidity. It is windy and raining heavy at times. In weather like this I worry about one the big trees falling on my house. It is very expensive to have them cut down. I'm afraid it will take most of my savings to cut them all down. I need the money for so many other things around the house.

Ellen

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're getting the very heavy rain (2-3 inches tonight alone!) here, as well as high gusty winds. there's always the distinct possibility of a power outage here, because we have above-ground electrical lines.

on the bright side, i'll go around to neighbors this week, and ask if they need branches, limbs, and tree debris removed. i can always use firewood and kindling, and i never ask for money to clear out wood for people.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was such a stormy night! I swear I have never heard the wind gusts and rain as strong as it was. I was up all night. I mean, I was in bed, but could not doze more than a few minutes at a time.. things were clanging around, all over the place. Could not tell if it was the vents on the roof, going crazy, or if it was other's balcony furniture being tossed around. I also heard the wind hitting the windows. It was bad..

Artie was cuddled with me all night long. He was scared.

I live just north of Boston, MA, along the coast.. the beach is a 5-10 minute walk from my apartment building.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Slept like a rock until power went out at 3:30am-heard everything shut off- tv my air cleaner and lights outside dark. Winds were nuts. My deck has a layer of leaves and pine needles. The roads were a mess. It was just about stopped raining at 6am. Left the house at 6:10am and got to work 7:15 after driving around all the town roads because each one had a tree down or pole. It sounded like a freight train when I went outside to get in my truck. Windy. Rain. Many schools canceled because most roads are blocked and power is out. My power came on at 4:00am so wasn't too long.

in seacoast NH

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-4°C/26°F with a light dusting of snow on the ground.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to be getting our first snow here, any minute. I've been watching it on radar, it's just about here! About an inch, about right for the first one. High of 42 degrees today, 75 degrees tomorrow! Then cold again for a few days, then highs near 70 this weekend. It's a rollercoaster, but it gives me a day to keep painting outside, then a few days rest to recover from climbing that ladder. Perfect! PS by the time I finished this post...IT"S SNOWING!!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
28 F when I woke up at 5:30 a.m., supposed to reach 41 F today with gusty winds.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a frost overnight.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Central PA - Rick said it was about 34 F when he took The Beast out this morning for her first pee. It was about 35 F when I left for work. Right now, it's 37 F and our high today is to be 46 F with rain and showers. It's going to be raw outside with the rain and the wind.

I took the Tucson to work this morning. I really hate going out in the cold and then having to clear windows; the Tucson has a remote control starter. So I turned the car on from the kitchen, then made my coffee and gave everybody their snacks. Til I left for work, it was toasty in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.