What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Humid and warm here again. Right now, at 6:30 a.m., we're at 62 with a high forecast of 81. Humidity is at 95%. I've the windows open and I think we have cats lying in every window. I think Nate is supposed to hit us on Monday, but not a lot of rain, maybe an inch to 1.5 inches. And we could really use some rain. But most of it will go immediately south of us. Meanwhile, it's warm and muggy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really has been beautiful here lately, 1/2 inch ti an inch of rain a couple times a week and highs in the 60's to 70's. Had 3.25 inches over a couple of days a couple of weeks ago, and it has rained since. High today of 77, absolutely beautiful! Low thirties coming up Monday/Tues. night, blew out all our sprinkler systems yesterday, I think the moisture we have had will carry us through.
MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR! Things are starting to slow down, not near as hectic as spring is. Starting to get my flower beds ready for winter, although it's hard right now with everything still blooming! Oh well, maybe next week!

SK13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good AfterNoon!
How is the weather where you live?
It starts getting chilly here.
We now have the heaters on.
So the tempature where i live is about 10 degrees.
Yours?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the middle of fall!wHY WOULD IT BE SO HOT?
The Southern US is warm all year 'round. Washington DC is sort of in the middle area where it does get a bit cold in the winter but it still stays warm longer than the Northern areas. The US is a very large country so there's a lot of variation.

But also, it has kind of been a weird weather year. Right now it's 70 degrees where I live, and it really should be a lot colder by now. Highs in the 50s are normal. But I'm not complaining!

SK13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Southern US is warm all year 'round. Washington DC is sort of in the middle area where it does get a bit cold in the winter but it still stays warm longer than the Northern areas. The US is a very large country so there's a lot of variation.

But also, it has kind of been a weird weather year. Right now it's 70 degrees where I live, and it really should be a lot colder by now. Highs in the 50s are normal. But I'm not complaining!
Eastern Europe seems to get highs in the 60s

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Checking in from South Florida! :wave3:

upload_2017-10-8_15-56-3.png

In these parts, fall is nothing more than something that happens after you stumble. "Fall" or "autumn" does not exist here- and that is perfectly fine by me. When I lived up north, fall meant one thing. One horrible, horrible thing. WINTER was coming. :running: :cold:

:eviltongue: to winter

SK13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Checking in from South Florida! :wave3:

View attachment 199485

In these parts, fall is nothing more than something that happens after you stumble. "Fall" or "autumn" does not exist here- and that is perfectly fine by me. When I lived up north, fall meant one thing. One horrible, horrible thing. WINTER was coming. :running: :cold:

:eviltongue: to winter
I love winter because spring comes after.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love winter because spring comes after.
Winter in Florida is great. I can finally shut the air conditioner off for a while. We really don't have spring here either. Once "winter" is over, it gets hot again. There are only about 2 weeks out of winter where I would have to wear a hooded sweatshirt in the morning but by afternoon, it has warmed up to the point where I no longer need it.

SK13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Winter in Florida is great. I can finally shut the air conditioner off for a while. We really don't have spring here either. Once "winter" is over, it gets hot again. There are only about 2 weeks out of winter where I would have to wear a hooded sweatshirt in the morning but by afternoon, it has warmed up to the point where I no longer need it.
I have to congratulate out country for having a cold winter good spring bd autumn,Good summer

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Muggy and sticky. Sticky and muggy. Our high is to be around 80 today, but the humidity is horrible. Nate is here, gifting us with rain and tropical breezes. A steady rain this morning with showers throughout the rest of the day. We're forecast for about an inch; I hope we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.