What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh... poor baby.... If he is comfortable now, it means he is trusting you.. He came to you for help..

I have to think that he was once a house cat, who was dumped... a true feral would not turn his behavior around this fast...

Is animal control coming for him? I hope they do not do the worst thing.. sometimes they do...
Is there a local rescue group who could help with his care? You could be possibly be a 'Foster" as he heals.... they you can decide if you want to adopt....

Also, If there is a box or laundry basket you could use, as a substitute carrier....

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
He was definitely someones cat but people here dump cats all the time so I highly doubt anyone is missing him. He's getting agitated now. Scratching at my window wanting to get out. He isn't neutered. He's also crying.

Animal services is going to pick him up and take him to a vet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He has a better chance at compassionate care with animal control than out on the street. I'm glad you could get him in.

My BFF's sister's cat was just located 9 months after he went missing. He was found almost a whole county away from where he belonged! We still don't know how he ended up there but her daughter spotted him on a missing pets page. He'd been picked up as a stray but was still on the chunky side so I don't think he was outside all this time.

The situation was pretty tense for a bit. We have some laws about TNR for cats around here. She lives in a townhouse neighborhood but her cat only stayed in her yard; basically he would just sit out front and watch the world then go inside. So when he went missing it was really suspicious. But then she found out all the other cats in the neighborhood also went missing. It turned out some lady had been illegally trapping cats, not identifying strays vs pets and not returning cats to where they came. So there was talk of pressing charges but I'm not sure if it happened. After all that she couldn't come up with an explanation for what had been done to her cat. So I'm pretty certain he didn't get so far away on his own. (And I'm sure she'll be updating his microchip now!) But now he's home again and hopefully whoever was trapping has been educated on the right way to go about it!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The situation was pretty tense for a bit. We have some laws about TNR for cats around here. She lives in a townhouse neighborhood but her cat only stayed in her yard; basically he would just sit out front and watch the world then go inside. So when he went missing it was really suspicious. But then she found out all the other cats in the neighborhood also went missing. It turned out some lady had been illegally trapping cats, not identifying strays vs pets and not returning cats to where they came. So there was talk of pressing charges but I'm not sure if it happened. After all that she couldn't come up with an explanation for what had been done to her cat. So I'm pretty certain he didn't get so far away on his own. (And I'm sure she'll be updating his microchip now!) But now he's home again and hopefully whoever was trapping has been educated on the right way to go about it!
Wow! That is crazy and terrifying. I can't imagine going through something like that. I try to consider the possibilities with each cat that I take in but they've all been skittish and unfixed.

Animal services just came to get him. The lady said she is off to the vet with him to see what is going on. She said his leg looks like it's an abscess but they will see.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That is crazy and terrifying. I can't imagine going through something like that. I try to consider the possibilities with each cat that I take in but they've all been skittish and unfixed.
If I got the story right; the lady didn't even LIVE in the neighborhood. So it was really questionable all around. You know what you are doing and are taking the time to get to know these cats. Thats very very different from what went on there. I'm just amazed after all this time they were reunited! She never gave up hoping for a happy ending and they got it!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Animal services just came to get him. The lady said she is off to the vet with him to see what is going on. She said his leg looks like it's an abscess but they will see.
I played Oscars Video~~~. Geoffrey came running over to me... and is crying back!! He is looking for Oscar!!

Glad Oscar is going to the Vet.... and then hopefully to a foster home...in a rescue.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar has entered the shelters system. He's got a pet ID number now. I don't know the state of his health but they have listed him as a stray. If no one claims him in 5 days (which I highly doubt anyone will), he will go up for adoption through the shelter! I've had several encounters with animal services here through the years when rescuing cats and I know the staff try to do their best so I'm sure he will be fine from here on out. I hope he is able to find an amazing home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son has been extra talkative and extra curious lately. He just asked me what I think would happen if someone took a giant fire extinguisher and attached it to a giant rocket and sent it into space and ____ (part I didn't catch...)??? He also wants me to be his walking encyclopedia about all things space lately. His nose has been in a space book. I need to get him to the library STAT!! :crazy: We spent a whole year studying space in Science a few years ago but i guess he doesn't remember much. He was probably too young. Did you know Mercury is 4 times hotter than boiling water? Now we do. :cool2:

I actually let him spend yesterday afternoon with our neighbor and her 2 dogs while they had movers packing up their house. Hes going to miss those 2 pups so much! And he had a blast chatting with someone besides DD and I. I had text her to see if I needed to come get him but she said he was fine. Bless her heart because my introverted side gets so overwhelmed some days. I love hearing his thoughts; but sometimes I get maxed out and it's hard!

Fortunately I did pull out a couple Children's Encyclopedias and hand him those to look up space and history stuff because this morning I was getting mad at my phone while typing on it cranky.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , when he's at the right stage, tell him that one of your friends on TCS knew that the Russians had launched Sputnik before the President of the Unites States did. LOL, of course, I was only three when I heard the call, but I was told about it often. My parents' best friends were Mitchell and Chubbie Sharpe. Mitch was Werner von Braun's right-hand man, and they worked at the Huntsville Space Center. Mitch had come to our house for a party, and left our number for emergencies. A call came in, and he spoke with the person, and said, "Yes, Sir, Mr. von Braun, I'll make the call right now." He told his wife and my parents to come upstairs to the extension phone, and to bring the girls (their daughter and me). When we got there, he told Dad that he would pay for this call, and dialed. I'm not sure who he spoke with first, but he said, "Please advise President Eisenhower that the Russians have launched Sputnik successfully. Yes, I'll hold....Mr. President?" and the call continued. And that's my tiny part in history.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , when he's at the right stage, tell him that one of your friends on TCS knew that the Russians had launched Sputnik before the President of the Unites States did. LOL, of course, I was only three when I heard the call, but I was told about it often. My parents' best friends were Mitchell and Chubbie Sharpe. Mitch was Werner von Braun's right-hand man, and they worked at the Huntsville Space Center. Mitch had come to our house for a party, and left our number for emergencies. A call came in, and he spoke with the person, and said, "Yes, Sir, Mr. von Braun, I'll make the call right now." He told his wife and my parents to come upstairs to the extension phone, and to bring the girls (their daughter and me). When we got there, he told Dad that he would pay for this call, and dialed. I'm not sure who he spoke with first, but he said, "Please advise President Eisenhower that the Russians have launched Sputnik successfully. Yes, I'll hold....Mr. President?" and the call continued. And that's my tiny part in history.
That's pretty cool to have been somewhat connected to that part of history.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is my DD's 27th birthday. :cloud9: :heartshape::celebrate:

The girls and I got her a Chick Fil A gift card. It's an e-card that will be delivered to her email at noon. She had a Funko Pop on her Amazon wish list so I ordered it. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered today but the mail carrier wouldn't deliver it to the door. Again. That Post Office is the worst. They have 5 reviews on Yelp. All 1 star and all deserved.

I knew that would happen as soon as I checked the tracking and saw that they had it. Every other delivery company will deliver to the door. She knows about it and will go get it. The problem with that is again, that post office. She ordered something else recently and when she went to pick it up, they insisted it wasn't there. She kept asking them to look and this went on too long. Finally someone actually checked and it was there. I don't want her to go through that aggravation for a birthday gift. I wish Amazon would just stop using them.

So anyway, when I realized that the package wouldn't be delivered on time, the girls and I decided to get her a gift card for The Cheesecake Factory. It was delivered to her email early this morning.

This is one of the reviews of that post office from Yelp.

1647103038598.png

This is what happened to DD too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see a saxophone! Its like the cloud game! :lol:

DH recently bought some plastic totes so I spent some time today going through a few boxes of DS’s baby clothes I saved to keep. I kept his newborn stuff and then certain favorites. Someday I’d like a couple quilts from those favorites. I have a few swaddle blanks and sleep sacks too. Most I’ve given away; but not everything. I told DH he doesn’t have to understand; he just has to accept it. He went and ordered some cedar blocks so we can move them to the attic.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's pretty cool to have been somewhat connected to that part of history.
It occasionally gives me the warm fuzzies. I do remember being in the room with everyone, and our mothers "shhhhing" us, but not the actual call. I could, oddly, describe that room to you, today. Memory is a funny, funny thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.