What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a gorgeous picture of Lila!! She has such a sweet face! A person will immediately fall in love with her. I swear, it is all the love that they get, which shows in their faces-- in return...

Geffy can be a kitten, also-- when he wants to be... He is kind of, almost 9 years old. His age was between 3-5 years when I adopted him. I took the middle at 4 years of age. It will be 6 years in early November for his 'gotchya" day... So he is 9 or so.. will be 10... IMG_1844.jpeg IMG_1779.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I dropped something heavy on my big toe. I hate soaking in cold water. Burr!!!. And it's time to cook and feed my cats. Talk about bad timing.
With me, it's a nasty bug that put it's hooks in. Yesterday, I was freezing- I had 2 sweatshirts on, a knit cap, and was wrapped in a blanket, and still shivered- but today was sweating, along with a runny nose, sore throat, and a sinus headache. I don't know what it is, but it sure came on fast. Now, if it will be so kind as to leave just as fast............

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
With me, it's a nasty bug that put it's hooks in. Yesterday, I was freezing- I had 2 sweatshirts on, a knit cap, and was wrapped in a blanket, and still shivered- but today was sweating, along with a runny nose, sore throat, and a sinus headache. I don't know what it is, but it sure came on fast. Now, if it will be so kind as to leave just as fast............
Wow! So sorry this happened. Hope you feel better soon!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
How ya feeling today? Hope better- yes,it should leave as quickly as it came- uninvited at that!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Still achy, nose still running, sore throat, and a slight buzz from the cold meds, but I'm still above the grass, so there is that...........although it feels like I have to die to get better.
I'm sure you do but may that nasty bug die immediately so you feel GREAT ( above the ground)..... That's my way of seeing the glass half full too - as long as my toes are not facing up and I'm above ground,thank You God!❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, after J watched it at M's emergency dentist appointment, we had to download Gabby's Dollhouse for her. We have been watching it practically nonstop whenever the tv is on for two days. And while it's actually super cute and I'm all about my girls enjoying a cat themed show, I could do without this earworm running through my head 24/7.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, after J watched it at M's emergency dentist appointment, we had to download Gabby's Dollhouse for her. We have been watching it practically nonstop whenever the tv is on for two days. And while it's actually super cute and I'm all about my girls enjoying a cat themed show, I could do without this earworm running through my head 24/7.
Oh noooo Lari,adorable yes( ONCE)...... that would send me to the looney bin:doh::gaah:
ROFL

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh* I really hate the way dogs/animals in general are treated in this country and hate that there isn't much I can do about it permanently. There are some dogs where I am that are covered in ticks and fleas and their bones are showing. They also have mange.

I wish I could take them to a vet but I don't have much money and the mentality by the locals towards animals isn't nice so I couldn't even get someone who'd be willing to take me to a vet with the dogs. Can't take unhealthy dogs out of the country either. So I feel very stuck.

Have tried contacting local rescues and animal services but they are at capacity or unwilling to help. So I will try to make their lives better for the short time I'm here. I managed to get my hands on some flea/tick soap and I got a small bag of food + the toys I bought in Canada to bring here. If I had known it was this bad, I would have brought more.

That's all. Just wanted to rant.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling better- or at least more human- today, and it wasn't raining, and the grass needed cutting, so I decided to give our new lawn mower it's first real workout. Michele decided to 'go green' with a battery-powered one, so after checking the ratings, we got a Greenworks 21" self propelled model from Lowe's, because they give a 10% veteran's discount. I got the thing home, unpacked it, read the instructions, went to charge the batteries......... and neither would accept a charge. Several phone calls, and several days, later, I had 2 functioning batteries- but lousy weather. So, to sum up: yes it's quieter than gas; it seems to cut well enough; there is enough charge to do the whole lawn with power to spare; the only downside is that since I compost the clippings, the dinky little catch bag needs to be emptied more often that the one on the gas mower. And the batteries? $308 each when and if they need replacement. Ouch.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling better- or at least more human- today, and it wasn't raining, and the grass needed cutting, so I decided to give our new lawn mower it's first real workout. Michele decided to 'go green' with a battery-powered one, so after checking the ratings, we got a Greenworks 21" self propelled model from Lowe's, because they give a 10% veteran's discount. I got the thing home, unpacked it, read the instructions, went to charge the batteries......... and neither would accept a charge. Several phone calls, and several days, later, I had 2 functioning batteries- but lousy weather. So, to sum up: yes it's quieter than gas; it seems to cut well enough; there is enough charge to do the whole lawn with power to spare; the only downside is that since I compost the clippings, the dinky little catch bag needs to be emptied more often that the one on the gas mower. And the batteries? $308 each when and if they need replacement. Ouch.
That's unfortunate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that batteries aren't better for the environment. The human and environment cost to source the lithium for them is just as bad if not worse than gas? 🤷🏾‍♀️

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small snowblower that operates on two 24V batteries. It does okay but lighter snows but struggles with heavier. I have considered a battery lawnmower but my yard is pretty big. I wouldn’t want to have to buy another set just to get the whole lawn done.