What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M wouldn't allow anyone to put her down in her crib until like 4am. My poor baby is super snotty ang congested, napped most of the morning, was up for a couple hours, and now is napping again. I hope she's not up again all night because my husband has to work tomorrow and won't be able to stay up with her.

I'm completely overwhelmed by toys after Christmas and J's birthday. I packed up a big box of stuff to go in the basement for now, but there's still so much.

And go Blue in the Rose Bowl today!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I definitely rotated toys when my kids were little. It helped and then things seemed new to them.

DD's birthday is coming. She's already read through half or more of the books she got for Christmas. I'm searching for more for her but it's time consuming finding what I think she will like and is still clean and appropriate. She seems a combination of lost and overwhelmed in the library so we haven't even tried there in a while.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
DD's birthday is coming. She's already read through half or more of the books she got for Christmas. I'm searching for more for her but it's time consuming finding what I think she will like and is still clean and appropriate. She seems a combination of lost and overwhelmed in the library so we haven't even tried there in a while.
Do you think getting her hooked on one of two series-- as in my age group: Nancy Drew ( I am old)--- would perhaps get her more focused? perhaps a couple books from Amazon, and then a gift card to Amazon, just for books? Or specify that the GC is just for books, which interest her. This way, she can take her time, on line, to see what may interest her? Just a thought..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely rotated toys when my kids were little. It helped and then things seemed new to them.

I have not been good at rotating, but my FIL did recently build us some huge shelves down in our basement as a Christmas present, so now that we have a better storage system than just piles on the floor, maybe I can get myself together.

Going through stuff I was definitely noticing stuff J's outgrown but M isn't ready for yet, so that probably doesn't need to be in the front room.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the decorations came down yesterday, and Jazzie just came over and put the tree up for the year. I'm thinking about ordering a smaller tree for next year. This one is a bit unweildy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Opinions needed on something that has been on my mind. I have one sister, three years older. In the last few years there have been odd incidences of her not remembering things but at Christmas time there was something that has me concerned she has significant memory loss.

Background is that for quite a few years she had a Body Shop bath wash that she just loved the scent of and used exclusively until they quit making it. Three years ago I found a closeout site and bought her a couple bottles for Christmas which she was just thrilled with. I kept one bottle and gave it to her this year. When she opened the gift she looked at it blankly, I explained the history and still no reaction. Then she opened the bottle, took a sniff and said “smells good” but clearly didn’t remember it. I just don’t know how she could forget this unless she has lost some of her ability to remember things.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 that's definitely concerning! Especially something that was such a big part of her life.

If baby coughed up/vomited a piece of cutie about an hour and a half after taking an antibiotic, it's been long enough the medicine has probably already gotten into her system, right?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Opinions needed on something that has been on my mind. I have one sister, three years older. In the last few years there have been odd incidences of her not remembering things but at Christmas time there was something that has me concerned she has significant memory loss.

Background is that for quite a few years she had a Body Shop bath wash that she just loved the scent of and used exclusively until they quit making it. Three years ago I found a closeout site and bought her a couple bottles for Christmas which she was just thrilled with. I kept one bottle and gave it to her this year. When she opened the gift she looked at it blankly, I explained the history and still no reaction. Then she opened the bottle, took a sniff and said “smells good” but clearly didn’t remember it. I just don’t know how she could forget this unless she has lost some of her ability to remember things.
Yes,it certainly sounds like it

I'm sorry,must be very difficult for you to see
.... it's such an awful thing , very hard on the family- my heart goes out to you

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 that's definitely concerning! Especially something that was such a big part of her life.

If baby coughed up/vomited a piece of cutie about an hour and a half after taking an antibiotic, it's been long enough the medicine has probably already gotten into her system, right?
Sure thing❤Peak levels are reached 1to 2 hours after oral administration

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes,it certainly sounds like it

I'm sorry,must be very difficult for you to see
.... it's such an awful thing , very hard on the family- my heart goes out to you
The toughest piece of this is that we are, or we’re, about to embark together to get joint conservatorship of my 86 year old aunt that has dementia so we can get her into memory care. But I don’t know if I want to proceed if this will end up being only my responsibility.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The toughest piece of this is that we are, or we’re, about to embark together to get joint conservatorship of my 86 year old aunt that has dementia so we can get her into memory care. But I don’t know if I want to proceed if this will end up being only my responsibility.
I can understand why,your going to have to give it alot of thought- if it were not you,who else might be able to ? It's a huge responsibility

I'll be adding you to my prayers susanm9006 susanm9006

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand why,your going to have to give it alot of thought- if it were not you,who else might be able to ? It's a huge responsibility

I'll be adding you to my prayers susanm9006 susanm9006
The court would assign a professional conservator, but they are expensive and my aunts estate would get eaten up with fees much sooner.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone else noticed? Her husband? Does she have children? Thats really concerning. 😕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else noticed? Her husband? Does she have children? Thats really concerning. 😕
Problem is that I know from experience that anything I say to her husband or daughters goes immediately back to her even if I asked them to keep it in confidence. I was thinking that the next time we talk I will ask her how she likes her bath gel and did she really not remember it? Just to see if we can open a conversation about memory.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that I was conceived out of wedlock which in my family is a big deal and I don't know how to feel about it. I ordered a long form birth registration from the government to use to obtain a citizenship and I was reading the information on it about my birth. Then, I noticed that it states that my moms pregnancy duration was 40 weeks and 4 days. Which is a whole 3 weeks and 2 days before they were officially married. I asked my mom and at first she denied that it was the case but after pleading with her to tell me the truth, she finally cracked and told me it happened before the wedding. I don't know why I feel so weird about it. It's nothing for her to he ashamed of really but I feel like I've been lied to almost? I don't know...

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that I was conceived out of wedlock which in my family is a big deal and I don't know how to feel about it. I ordered a long form birth registration from the government to use to obtain a citizenship and I was reading the information on it about my birth. Then, I noticed that it states that my moms pregnancy duration was 40 weeks and 4 days. Which is a whole 3 weeks and 2 days before they were officially married. I asked my mom and at first she denied that it was the case but after pleading with her to tell me the truth, she finally cracked and told me it happened before the wedding. I don't know why I feel so weird about it. It's nothing for her to he ashamed of really but I feel like I've been lied to almost? I don't know...
Awww,I really believe your Mom was not omitting the full story out of shame ( probably to the rest of the family,yes but not you)

I think she would not want you to ever question how much she wanted you and that you'd NEVER wonder " was I an accident "...... She obviously loves you with all of her being and you were THE MOST important thing in the world to her because she wanted you in spite of what anyone would think or say.....Thsts a much better way to look at it- that is the TRUTH thst has been Revealed ❤❤❤

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really want to *lovingly* tell someone on social media that not everything has to be shared. Especially not with pictures. I enjoy this person's posts every time they eat out. They are sweet and lovely. But gosh I don't need to SEE that they hit and killed an animal.

I have known this person since all the kids in the family were toddlers or babies. The person's siblings are both on the Autism spectrum and I suspect the one who posted that is or at least has some similar traits where things can be said or shared without realizing how it comes across. Normally it doesn't bother me but this one was too much. I just moved on. But still!!

(I do give them a lot of credit for stopping and making sure the animal wasn't suffering. And I'm definitely sorry they had that happen because the whole family really is kind and caring towards all creatures.)