What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably headed for a nervous breakdown in this place- we have THEE WORST Board of Directors & Mgmt Co I've seen in 25yrs- they hire one incompetent company after the other so there's constant noise - day in and day out

They hired lawn people( yes,not tree trimmers or tree removers) to cut down huge ficus surrounding the property- subjecting everyone to ungodly chainsaw & mulcher machine noise for a week and now,because they had no idea what they were doing they ate back to cut down closer to the ground??????? My cats are all scared to death,my hands and knees are shaking and I hate this placd

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a chance about two months ago and got clumping litter. Normally Boone and Gracie eat it so I wasn't sure how long it would get used. They've finally stopped being buttheads and no longer eat the litter. Still trying to find a brand I like though. Started out with Fresh Step but ouch! The price!! Switched to Paws and Claws but didn't like it. Clumps wouldn't hold together as well as the Fresh Step. Now trying Arm & Hammer. Just started yesterday so not sure what I think yet.

I am also hoping to get at least a 4 day weekend. Already have Monday off because of MLK but they are calling for snow where I work on Tuesday so hopefully that comes and I can stay home. Best part is that they aren't calling for snow where I live so everyone in the house will have to go to work/school and I will have the house to myself!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a chance about two months ago and got clumping litter. Normally Boone and Gracie eat it so I wasn't sure how long it would get used. They've finally stopped being buttheads and no longer eat the litter. Still trying to find a brand I like though. Started out with Fresh Step but ouch! The price!! Switched to Paws and Claws but didn't like it. Clumps wouldn't hold together as well as the Fresh Step. Now trying Arm & Hammer. Just started yesterday so not sure what I think yet.

I am also hoping to get at least a 4 day weekend. Already have Monday off because of MLK but they are calling for snow where I work on Tuesday so hopefully that comes and I can stay home. Best part is that they aren't calling for snow where I live so everyone in the house will have to go to work/school and I will have the house to myself!
I really like this stuff,inexpensive ,works great,no dust ( fine and soft for ferals btw) - give it a try,not the green jug,this one

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like this stuff,inexpensive ,works great,no dust ( fine and soft for ferals btw) - give it a try,not the green jug,this one
At $10 per jug, I'd be spending $40 to fill up my boxes every other week. I could just buy the Fresh Step for that price. Boone and Gracie are diggers so they need at least 25 or 30 lbs of litter per box.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
At $10 per jug, I'd be spending $40 to fill up my boxes every other week. I could just buy the Fresh Step for that price. Boone and Gracie are diggers so they need at least 25 or 30 lbs of litter per box.
Ah,I see....it's not quite that much on Walmart but yeah,I see your point.... I suppose I must spend half of that(I better figure it out)hey are not such diggers though and are all pretty neat

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably headed for a nervous breakdown in this place- we have THEE WORST Board of Directors & Mgmt Co I've seen in 25yrs- they hire one incompetent company after the other so there's constant noise - day in and day out

They hired lawn people( yes,not tree trimmers or tree removers) to cut down huge ficus surrounding the property- subjecting everyone to ungodly chainsaw & mulcher machine noise for a week and now,because they had no idea what they were doing they ate back to cut down closer to the ground??????? My cats are all scared to death,my hands and knees are shaking and I hate this placd
Been petting my poor Timmy for 2hours with his tail swishing- it's finally too far on the property and my boy just laid on his side sound asleep❤ Max laid down by Timmy and so did Sami,they were all frightened but comforted him,it was very heartwarming to see Max put his paw on Timmy

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo thanks!! I put them in my cart. We only had 1 lantern because DS couldn’t find his. Or the multiple headlamps he has! (Pretty sure he uses them to read after bedtime so they were probably hiding because of that!) I still had up some little battery operated Christmas lights in the kitchen so at least it wasn’t pitch black. And we cracked open some glow sticks to go with our little flashlights. It was just nice to have something you can set down and light an area. Safely. Im not a candle person.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
People really need to quit leaving food offerings at the cemetery the coyotes around the local hills are getting big and chunky this one here easily the size of a pit bull
Most of the cemitaries around here have groundskeepers who maintain the yard, they have signs saying not to leave offerings anywhere except the designated vases. It is especialy problematic when they are maintaining the lawns and junk gets sucked into the equipment. Like lawn mowers. I peraonaly hate when people leave toys especialy stuffed animals that don't decompose. They end up looking awful as soon as it rains or snows. Also can end up in the gut of birds, or small mamals and kill them.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the cemitaries around here have groundskeepers who maintain the yard, they have signs saying not to leave offerings anywhere except the designated vases. It is especialy problematic when they are maintaining the lawns and junk gets sucked into the equipment. Like lawn mowers. I peraonaly hate when people leave toys especialy stuffed animals that don't decompose. They end up looking awful as soon as it rains or snows. Also can end up in the gut of birds, or small mamals and kill them.
I have family interred at a small cemetery in another state. Whenever I go “home” I try to leave flowers. They have rules about what can be left and for how long, and they will regularly pick things up. It’s always very tidy and not garish.

I also just recently discovered where my grandmother was buried in yet another state and went to visit. That cemetery was huge. The lady who helped me find the plot said they didn’t really have “rules”, but that they actually encourage people to leave synthetics because the deer will come and eat the fresh flowers. They have a schedule for picking up (synthetics get more time) that revolves around the mowing schedules. A lot of plots now come with ground vases so you don’t need to leave containers, but my grandmothers plot was older, so no vase. I ended up leaving a small premade vase, which I suspect will not last long.

Now, the cemetery where my husbands parents and one sister are interred is another story completely. Anything goes, and they’ll leave it up for a long time. It’s odd to me to see plots covered with windmills, streamers, balloons, stuffies, and whatever else. It seems garish to me, but that’s the way they roll.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they clean it up weekly to but its a large cemetery that has lots of undeveloped hills around it and a small mountain range. coyotes are good at survival and taking advantage of the free meals humans provide cats/small dogs and the food left out for our pets etc.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's my guess that you must own your residence otherwise you would pack up and move because of these frequent stress issues.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my guess that you must own your residence otherwise you would pack up and move because of these frequent stress issues.
Yep- exactly truly,even old and with the heath issues I have if I was able to afford it I'd be long gone,this is not at all what I signed up for when I bought the place- had a great run,the past 5 yrs its been a living nightmare here

Stress is bad and without reasonable peace in the confines of your home it can destroy your quality of life-....I try to be Grateful for what I do have but it gets very difficult in this environment

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son went to an overnight game night with his boys group. To no ones surprise he didn’t sleep at all. :lol: So hes on the couch dozing with Mooch. I hoped to head to the nearest Barnes & Noble (about an hour away) as part of DD’s birthday celebration. She wants frozen yogurt and they have a place near it too. We have no bookstores or frozen yogurt places locally. But I don’t know if we will make it. I guess he could sleep in the car. 🤔😏

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Me, falling asleep at 10PM last night: "Ahhh, no alarm, I haven't slept in since January 2022!!! This is gonna be great!"

Livie: (3:00AM) "Your hair is fun to dig in!"
Sarah (4:00AM) "MEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOW"
Lila (6:30AM) "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM I FOUND A TOY OMG :D :D :D :D
MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM"

Me at 2:30PM:
1705347963341.png

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Fell asleep,missed feeding babies thier dinner,woke up to a lot of adorable faces looking at me patiently waiting for me to say" Want something "?

So whats on my mind is just feeling guilty that I haven't been on the ball lately

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fell asleep,missed feeding babies thier dinner,woke up to a lot of adorable faces looking at me patiently waiting for me to say" Want something "?

So whats on my mind is just feeling guilty that I haven't been on the ball lately
We all miss the Ball once and awhile. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.