What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps coming on this site daily so all of us whom care for you can provide you assurance and a boast of confidence.
Like so many I am my own worst critic-I wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't have 5 incredibly wonderful little dependants

Thank God for all you beautiful folks who are so quick to say" Give yourself a break"❤❤❤

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week long "deep freeze" is pushing my limits. About a hour ago I awoke feeling a bit chilly. My deck thermometer reads a -12F. My Thermostat is Set at 70F. So I checked my garage . Only to find the garage door Wide open. Just what I need is a not properly functioning garage door in this weather. Fortunately I was able to manually drop the garage door. Will have to wait till the DW gets home from work to check out the situation together .

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
This week long "deep freeze" is pushing my limits. About a hour ago I awoke feeling a bit chilly. My deck thermometer reads a -12F. My Thermostat is Set at 70F. So I checked my garage . Only to find the garage door Wide open. Just what I need is a not properly functioning garage door in this weather. Fortunately I was able to manually drop the garage door. Will have to wait till the DW gets home from work to check out the situation together .
Both my car remote and a garage keypad control on the outside of the garage both had battery failures so I had to go in the house and use my Ipad garage app to open and close the door. Fortunately a bit of fiddling and they were back operational. The MyQ app is handy because it is programmed to let me know if the garage door is open longer than 30 minutes and to shut it at 7:00 pm. if it remains open.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my car remote and a garage keypad control on the outside of the garage both had battery failures so I had to go in the house and use my Ipad garage app to open and close the door. Fortunately a bit of fiddling and they were back operational. The MyQ app is handy because it is programmed to let me know if the garage door is open longer than 30 minutes and to shut it at 7:00 pm. if it remains open.
What brand and model of Garage door opener are you using ?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
iPappy iPappy I laughed out loud at your picture and post. Not the snow-bow one. That is pretty and I am envious.

I am nervous about my upcoming surgery. It's at a different hospital from my nightmarish stay with the flu, but I am horrified it is not going to be outpatient. At the hospital near my house, I slept maybe a total of four hours and my elbows were raw when I left from pulling myself up in the bed. The nurses were awful. How we are voted the most trusted people is beyond me. Maybe I read that incorrectly. It can't be true.

I had a good doctor take over my hospital care on the second day. Unfortunately, he wanted to keep me for a CT scan. The people who did the CT were nice. They had an emergency patient come in and had to wheel me back out into the hall. That was fine; if someone had an emergency, by all means, they should go first. I saw them put her on the table. They closed the door and then opened it again. They took her off the table. They didn't clean the table. They didn't even change the sheet. The CT tech saw me staring at it, that crumpled up sheet, and so she smoothed it out! I don't know why I didn't say anything. Usually, I am vocal.

Now I think I have some kind of phobia of hospitals. I still like my family doctor and his staff. But I really need someone to talk me down out of this tree. This procedure is often done outpatient, but I think I am looking at a two day stay. Should I push for outpatient?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
iPappy iPappy I laughed out loud at your picture and post. Not the snow-bow one. That is pretty and I am envious.

I am nervous about my upcoming surgery. It's at a different hospital from my nightmarish stay with the flu, but I am horrified it is not going to be outpatient. At the hospital near my house, I slept maybe a total of four hours and my elbows were raw when I left from pulling myself up in the bed. The nurses were awful. How we are voted the most trusted people is beyond me. Maybe I read that incorrectly. It can't be true.

I had a good doctor take over my hospital care on the second day. Unfortunately, he wanted to keep me for a CT scan. The people who did the CT were nice. They had an emergency patient come in and had to wheel me back out into the hall. That was fine; if someone had an emergency, by all means, they should go first. I saw them put her on the table. They closed the door and then opened it again. They took her off the table. They didn't clean the table. They didn't even change the sheet. The CT tech saw me staring at it, that crumpled up sheet, and so she smoothed it out! I don't know why I didn't say anything. Usually, I am vocal.

Now I think I have some kind of phobia of hospitals. I still like my family doctor and his staff. But I really need someone to talk me down out of this tree. This procedure is often done outpatient, but I think I am looking at a two day stay. Should I push for outpatient?

Can you say what procedure your having( did I miss that? how could I miss such a thing?) Told you guys I'm not on the ball!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I am having a laminectomy. I am thinking maybe just cancel the whole thing. It all feels wrong. You are on the ball. I didn't say what type of surgery. My feet are already in a pair of comfortable slippers and stepping off the operating table. This needs to be over before it starts.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have been having technical difficulties today. My kids laptops will not connect to the internet. My laptop says I’m not connected…yet I’m using the internet. Our phones will not connect. This makes no sense except that my laptop is still on Windows 10 while the kids have Windows 11 and DD and I have iPhones. :frustrated:I’ve reset everything so many times. I did get a message saying the network connection quality may be low. The router also wanted me to reset the password. That popped up on every device after resetting stuff:dunno:

It is yucky out weather wise; but it that was the issue; why is my laptop connecting??

Our modem/router combo is getting older. DS’s computer doesn’t even have a port I can connect it with an ethernet cable. (DD’s wouldn’t connect with the cable I scrounged up from the garage.)

this is why I didn’t want to depend on the internet for homeschooling. DD got stuff done on my laptop; but DS has not been productive at all. :sigh:

If the weather was better id have been tempted to just go buy a new router and assume that is the problem. :sigh:
Fell asleep,missed feeding babies thier dinner,woke up to a lot of adorable faces looking at me patiently waiting for me to say" Want something "?

So whats on my mind is just feeling guilty that I haven't been on the ball lately
I have done that to Mooch quite a few times. I started feeding the cats after the kids were in bed when they were little. So late dinners are normal. I’ve woken up on the couch with Mooch staring at me in the wee hours of the morning. Oops!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a Chamberlain, just a few years old, and connects via Wi-fi to its MyQ app. I think Liftmaster, another garage door opener uses the same app.
Thanks. I called a local garage door firm . Hopefully Tomorrow they have time to get it repaired. I described the symptoms . Was told it likely was a broken spring.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I called a local garage door firm . Hopefully Tomorrow they have time to get it repaired. I described the symptoms . Was told it likely was a broken spring.
I have had springs break before, could actually hear the loud noise they make when it happens. Mine was closed at the time though. But hopefully that is it because it’s not enormously expensive.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Like so many I am my own worst critic-I wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't have 5 incredibly wonderful little dependants

Thank God for all you beautiful folks who are so quick to say" Give yourself a break"❤❤❤
You just call on me sister when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on

And isn't that true for all of us, and one of the reasons we treasure this place so very much?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I am having a laminectomy. I am thinking maybe just cancel the whole thing. It all feels wrong. You are on the ball. I didn't say what type of surgery. My feet are already in a pair of comfortable slippers and stepping off the operating table. This needs to be over before it starts.
I'd not blame you one bit for backing out ,if you have thst much reluctance and doubts about it then perhaps it's a good idea to take more time to consider this major surgery-generally considered safe but undoubtedly its no simple prodecdure

It it FEELS wrong perhaps you should reconsider-I support you in whatever your decision and am more than happy to talk more about it in pm if you'd like someone to get it all out besides immediate family who might not understand " why not"

You are in my prayers for Guidance,Direction and Peace with it❤

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel I have to agree with Kwik Kwik : If you need to have the surgery, You need it done! You must be in severe pain with a ton of issues related to your spine. It is natural to have doubts. You had a really bad experience at that hospital. The hospital's CT depart should be reported for not cleaning the unit.. especially for using the same sheet. Quality Control is key-- INFECTION control is absolutely necessary and is required by law!! JACHA-- Joint Commission on Hospital Accreditation is the governing body.

Back to you: If your doctors have strongly suggested surgery, you really should have it done. I, myself, am lax about things; and suspicious of medical procedures--- hospitals are really monitored. It is the anticipation and anxiety of having surgery and going through the process. Please try to keep imagining about the future, After the surgery... Imagine the end result.. You must be in so much pain and have limited mobility due to the spinal issues.. This surgery could really help... please.. think of the future. You can get through this..

We are all here for you.. anytime of the day, someone is on line..

If, after seriously thinking of the pros and cons of the surgery, you still have doubts-- then contact you doctor, to talk it out.. perhaps all you need is a bit more time, to reconsider having the surgery..
((HUGS)))

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A heatwave today 0F/-15C presently. Had a visit from the "Garage Door Repairman" . He indicated that the hung up door was due to the cold and lack of lubrication To the bearings along the side Rails. After a quick lube. It's back too working ok.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The junk drawer is less junky. I found an ancient drawer organizer and it's so much better than rooting through pens, paperclips, change, erasers/pens/pencils, a random roll of tape, some buttons, a bobbin with ancient thread on it, a few barrettes, a pocket knife, USB cords that I have no idea what they go to, etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m expecting a new router/modem to be delivered this afternoon. With Walmart Cash it cut a nice chunk of the price down; plus the delivery fee. :paperbag:

DD was able to do most of her schoolwork on her phone today. I’m glad we upgraded our data plan a while back. She just had to sit on one side of the house because we don’t usually get a good solid signal on the other side. The weather is better today so I think that’s helping too.

And last nights dinner was so good I just ate it for a late breakfast. :rolleyes2: :crazy::lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So grumpy today. I've been feeling off - almost like hungover without drinking. My head is killing me and I'm really fatigued and J keeps hitting M, and M keeps trying to climb up on J's trampoline and has had three accidents today after months of none.

Now I do want a drink, but I know that would be a bad idea.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sensitive to weather changes and pressure? I usually notice it with seasonal changes only but a few days lately its been there. Like a consistent headache in the background and I’m not sure how to explain the rest. Excedrine used to be the only thing that helped even though it was often more annoying than painful.

After stalking the tracking on my router delivery, standing in the snow by my mailbox to get a better signal to download 2 needed apps, and sweating out my frustrations while eventually chatting with my internet provider…we are back on wifi. I think I have most of our devices logged in. And now I’m ready for peace, quiet, a book, some tea, and a cat. :sleepycat:🍵🛌