What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually just downloaded the first of the Miss Fortune series! Book #1 was free for kindle, and while I do like the feel of the physical book, my bookshelves look like bloated ticks begging for mercy. And you can't beat free!
Yep. Be prepared to laugh...a LOT. They can be a bit like The Three Stooges, but written with women's senses of humor in mind. They're like catnip for me. I bet you recognize a lot of me in Gertie!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep. Be prepared to laugh...a LOT. They can be a bit like The Three Stooges, but written with women's senses of humor in mind. They're like catnip for me. I bet you recognize a lot of me in Gertie!
I did have to take one emergency bathroom break when she said her next mission would be more difficult than that time she brought down a drug lord with a tic tac!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I just booked a Wyndham for our a New Orleans trip! Haven’t stayed there before but it did have good reviews.
I don't think you can ever go wrong at a Wyndham and I've stayed at the one in the French Quarter overlooking the Mississippi River - just a short walk to Bourbon St- fantastic!.... I do love a full service hotel,the restaurant was really nice

Great choice❤

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you can ever go wrong at a Wyndham and I've stayed at the one in the French Quarter overlooking the Mississippi River - just a short walk to Bourbon St- fantastic!.... I do love a full service hotel,the restaurant was really nice

Great choice❤
That’s the one. Thanks!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just calming down after 2hrs of mowers,blowers & edgers( but it's not over- they'll go down to the other end of the property and repeat everything all over---- why? I suppose to dog the day because there's no other reason except to look busy

I'm expecting delivery of a couch,too small and tried to cancel,too late so I'll have to return it after it arrives.....just thinking about where my Timmy will hide the next time these incompetent noise makers come back( taking his enclosure down on Thursday)- my baby will find a place but that's what's on my mind,what's left of it anyway.... noise just pushes me to the edge of insanity

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I was going to New Orleans. :sigh:

susanm9006 susanm9006 Have you been before? I haven't stayed at the Wyndham in New Orleans but I have always had a good experience with them in other locations.

So, my friend and I were texting. He had to jump off because he was headed to the dentist. I have a doctor's appointment and need to get ready. Somehow, after my last text, I threw the phone up in the air and it hit me in the eye. Ouch! The right side of my face is throbbing, and my luck I will have a black eye by the time I get to the doctor. My brother got me a juggling set for Christmas and wrote on the gift tag that I would shoot my eye out! :disappointed:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

susanm9006 susanm9006 Have you been before? I haven't stayed at the Wyndham in New Orleans but I have always had a good experience with them in other locations.

So, my friend and I were texting. He had to jump off because he was headed to the dentist. I have a doctor's appointment and need to get ready. Somehow, after my last text, I threw the phone up in the air and it hit me in the eye. Ouch! My eye is throbbing
Yes, this will be my sixth or seventh visit there but my son and GF’s first. He has wanted us to take a trip together and I thought this would be a fun one for them.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

So, my friend and I were texting. He had to jump off because he was headed to the dentist. I have a doctor's appointment and need to get ready. Somehow, after my last text, I threw the phone up in the air and it hit me in the eye. Ouch! The right side of my face is throbbing, and my luck I will have a black eye by the time I get to the doctor. My brother got me a juggling set for Christmas and wrote on the gift tag that I would shoot my eye out! :disappointed:
Oh nooooo- you must've really got wacked hard- so sorry you got boo boo :alright:

Yesterday afternoon I was really struggling to remove the canister from top of the stick vacuum so I decided to put it between my knees and pull towards me instead of up cause I had no leverage- yep,right into my forehead,got a nice little knot ,lol ...... what is going on with us,a danger to ourselves- rofl!

I hope you don't get a black eye,try explaining that one" Doc will think,aha yeah right":angrywoman: People think the worst,don't they?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I am sorry you got hurt, too. And people do think the worst. I have cats and then I have Bob. I wuvs my Bob but he is like having ten cats just by himself. He will yowl for Bree until she grudgingly comes into the living room. I've got my hands full without breaking my face. :lol: Lil Gray is so sweet and quiet I honestly forget she is here sometimes.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I have only been once but I loved it, especially Cafe du Monde. I just went for a day trip from Biloxi. Back when I went, they were still doing the cemetery tours, which was interesting. It was right after Mardi Gras and someone had left a full length mink coat at one of the mausoleums from a voodoo ceremony. Didn't they close the cemeteries from the public because people were making the "Xs" on the mausoleums? Also saw one of the homes Anne Rice had owned, which was gorgeous.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I am sorry you got hurt, too. And people do think the worst. I have cats and then I have Bob. I wuvs my Bob but he is like having ten cats just by himself. He will yowl for Bree until she grudgingly comes into the living room. I've got my hands full without breaking my face. :lol: Lil Gray is so sweet and quiet I honestly forget she is here sometimes.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I have only been once but I loved it, especially Cafe du Monde. I just went for a day trip from Biloxi. Back when I went, they were still doing the cemetery tours, which was interesting. It was right after Mardi Gras and someone had left a full length mink coat at one of the mausoleums from a voodoo ceremony. Didn't they close the cemeteries from the public because people were making the "Xs" on the mausoleums? Also saw one of the homes Anne Rice had owned, which was gorgeous.
I wuv you wuvs Bob...... put a HUGE smile on m'face!💗

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I told my son we will be observing my tradition of a breakfast of beignets and coffee at the Cafe du Monde on the first morning! I did the cemetery tour on my first trip - it was really interesting.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1705969782892.png

1705969806070.png

2 weeks after Goofy's passing, both girls, one at a time, jumped into this window to watch the sunrise. Makes me wonder if he was showing them what a pretty sunrise it really was!
1705969868193.png

1705969890155.png

The one good thing about being up early is enjoying this natural beauty while enjoying a cup of hot coffee.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, this will be my sixth or seventh visit there but my son and GF’s first. He has wanted us to take a trip together and I thought this would be a fun one for them.
I think that sounds like an awesome way to vacation with adult kids! I've been sad lately thinking how fast my kids are growing and how few years we have left to do trips with them. But maybe we can still do them once they are older and it will be a new kind of fun.

I am truly Introverted. But I have to say; making our Disney trip a family thing with my mom and step-dad was amazing. Normally the thought of one of these "everyone at a beach house" trips has me wanting to run the other way. But in this case; they KNOW I need my space. They were already super hands on grandparents so it helped to have 2 adults per child. They had their own room at the same resort. I don't think I could have done it with anyone else. But sometimes making those memories together is priceless. I even have a cute selfie with my mom when we snuck away and left the kids with my DH and stepdad so we could browse some shops. They went off and did separate things some too. And planned to take the kids so DH and I could do something just us one night but we were so busy with packing it all in we never did.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My brain at 11:00PM last night: "A few more days of sleeping in!"

Lila at 3:00AM: "PUUUURRRRT?!!?" *becomes suddenly obsessed with my nose and proceeds to take the noisiest bath ever right beside my head*

My brain at 4:00AM: "Let's re-hash the most insignificant cringe-worthy crap you ever did! Remember the time you wore that shirt inside out all day and the second hand embarrassment stopped anyone from saying anything? Or what about that time you were a kid and let a bad word slip at Christmas dinner? Or wait, maybe that time you fell asleep in class and when you woke up there was a huge streamer of drool coming out of your mouth...."

Me at 4:15AM: "Cats fed, dog fed, time for coffee and get going on laundry, etc..."

:sigh:

(Probably me at 2:00PM: ZZZZZZZZ :lol: )

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lila at 3:00AM: "PUUUURRRRT?!!?" *becomes suddenly obsessed with my nose and proceeds to take the noisiest bath ever right beside my head*
I had a cat growing up who would do that and rub on my nose to wake me up. Or dig at the carpet by my door. (Which was completely worn away by the time she crossed the bridge.) She also had dental disease and her breath alone could have woken the dead. :paranoid::barfgreen: Today we would have had her teeth removed. Poor thing. But she was the most loving cat ever. I guess she just had to express that throughout the night. Or maybe make sure we were still breathing? :lol: She was “special”. She would walk head first into a flat wall to rub as much of herself on it as possible. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that sounds like an awesome way to vacation with adult kids! I've been sad lately thinking how fast my kids are growing and how few years we have left to do trips with them. But maybe we can still do them once they are older and it will be a new kind of fun.
As an adult pre marriage I was able to take some fun solo vacations with my dad to places my mom wasn't super interested in - China, Antarctica, South Africa. It's nice to go as an adult and be able to have a drink together.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We’ve been thinking about where we want to go with our kids before they are grown. The problem is i seem to have developed an aversion to traveling. Not living near family has meant a lot of tedious and overwhelming travel every year. Carsickness. Etc. I don't know that we will make Alaska or the Grand Canyon; which would require flying and might be easier. But if its a day in the car I’m immediately 😞 about it. DH wants to go back to where we had our honeymoon but its like 3 hours beyond where his family is. One time pre-kids we spent a couple days at his moms, 2 nights in a hotel there, and then back to his moms. They are getting older now and our kids are always excited about seeing their cousins. So I don’t know if we could realistically break up the trip that way anymore. I usually need those days to recover from getting there too. I’m famous for crashing on SIL’s couch. :paperbag: :lol:

DS wants to visit DC and Biltmore. I think they would like seeing lighthouses in the Outer Banks. Niagara Falls was amazing to me as a kid. Plus the Thousands Islands area. So many options; so little time and my own struggles to overcome. 🤪