What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm over all the sickness in my house. M is doing a lot better, but J has had in intermittent fever since like December 28th - she'll go like 24 to 36 hours without a fever and then get one again. I got urgent care to prescribe an antibiotic just in case it's bacterial yesterday. It's hard seeing your kid not be herself.

Fingers crossed this will knock out the fever and this will be the end of all of this nonsense.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
An interesting thing about sleep and blankets that I am pondering. For the last few months I have been consistently waking up and then getting up one to two hours earlier than usual 8:00 am. It seemed odd that my sleep habits had changed that much but hey, old people. A week ago, though, as our weather finally turned colder, I added another blanket to the bed, even though I wasn’t sure I needed it. And ever since then I have consistently slept not only 8:00 but a couple days 8:30. I am wondering if what was waking me up early was that I was cold, even though I didn’t really feel it. I did replacement my blankets last Spring so this is the first winter for this combo of them..

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that I was conceived out of wedlock which in my family is a big deal and I don't know how to feel about it. I ordered a long form birth registration from the government to use to obtain a citizenship and I was reading the information on it about my birth. Then, I noticed that it states that my moms pregnancy duration was 40 weeks and 4 days. Which is a whole 3 weeks and 2 days before they were officially married. I asked my mom and at first she denied that it was the case but after pleading with her to tell me the truth, she finally cracked and told me it happened before the wedding. I don't know why I feel so weird about it. It's nothing for her to he ashamed of really but I feel like I've been lied to almost? I don't know...
Don't fret about it. I'm sure that your mom never intended to hide the truth from you. She probably just never thought about it. Unless it was a 'white wedding', your parents had wedding plans for longer than 3 weeks. Plus, pregnancy tests are not accurate until about a month, so she may not have even known at the time.
And if you're still upset, think of this...there was a man who was born out of wedlock, and he could walk on water.

I think she would not want you to ever question how much she wanted you and that you'd NEVER wonder " was I an accident "
My son was born out of wedlock. He was an 'oops', never an 'accident'. Don't ever think of yourself as an accident Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Accidents are bad things, you are definitely not a bad thing.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't fret about it. I'm sure that your mom never intended to hide the truth from you. She probably just never thought about it. Unless it was a 'white wedding', your parents had wedding plans for longer than 3 weeks. Plus, pregnancy tests are not accurate until about a month, so she may not have even known at the time.
And if you're still upset, think of this...there was a man who was born out of wedlock, and he could walk on water.

My son was born out of wedlock. He was an 'oops', never an 'accident'. Don't ever think of yourself as an accident Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Accidents are bad things, you are definitely not a bad thing.
Love that....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably especially when you were born Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Now we're all spoiled with the super sensitive early response (I found out stupid early with both my kids) , but I'm sure 20 odd years ago you actually had to miss your expected period to get an accurate result. I doubt your mom knew she was pregnant when she got married.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if any of you could suggest the best place to a start a Topic about selling cat stuff-

I want to take down my catio and sell it but would love everyone's input,maybe get some good ideas and advice

That's what's on my mind- I want my living room back,it's time🤔

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
yep i think its cause they roll funny 😐but i'm not liking how they all seem to have a lil hinge to connect em now
You might try putting a couple of small buttons or pebbles in one, and see how she likes that.

I'm wondering if any of you could suggest the best place to a start a Topic about selling cat stuff-

I want to take down my catio and sell it but would love everyone's input,maybe get some good ideas and advice

You know, I'd PM one of the moderators and ask them about the best place for it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

Nextdoor app you can sell items. Lots of cat lovers on there

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
'm searching Amazon for more battery powered led candles. We had some weather recently knock out the power and my little decorative candle was really nice. I'm not sure how long the battery lasts because I've never used it like that; but it was handy last night!
they do still they are just connect now by a hinge harder to put together i think now :lol:
Yes they are! Especially if you get the cheapest ones which are thinner. I'm pretty sure you can recycle the eggs so thats cool. I reuse mine and have cracked them trying to put them together. Sometimes the edges aren't strong and make it hard too.
Probably especially when you were born Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Now we're all spoiled with the super sensitive early response (I found out stupid early with both my kids) , but I'm sure 20 odd years ago you actually had to miss your expected period to get an accurate result. I doubt your mom knew she was pregnant when she got married.
I remember my older cousin and her friend lamenting how long they had to wait to know for sure. That was back in the late 90s.

Also the first 2 weeks of 40 weeks are just your normal cycle. So technically you are conceived at 38 weeks before your expected birth. That means it was probably just a week before their wedding. I can also say that i know when I ovulate and that I have a consistent 31-33 day cycle; but doctors always used the 28 day cycle to determine my due dates. That means both my kids were a good 3-5 days "younger" than doctors counted. I didn't have an early ultrasound with DS to determine anything with him and after the first few weeks they don't use them as much to determine due dates. With all that; it's possible you weren't really concieved much before at all. But if it's a big deal in your family; they probably also just didn't want to discuss it.

I do know I was an unexpected surprise when my parents were engaged. That moved up their wedding a good bit so my mom was about 3 months along when they got married. I ended up being the only biological child either ever had. So imagine if I hadn't come along then? They might not have had ANY children biologically. Back then if you found yourself unexpectedly pregnant out of wedlock; generally people got married ASAP. Its no secret my faith guides my beliefs on subjects like that. Which is why a new person is always something I'll celebrate; no matter how or when they came to be.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
m searching Amazon for more battery powered led candles. We had some weather recently knock out the power and my little decorative candle was really nice. I'm not sure how long the battery lasts because I've never used it like that; but it was handy last night!
Try these. They are pretty bright, and the batteries do well. Not very expensive. About $22 for four.
Amazon.com: Lichamp 4 Pack LED Camping Lanterns, Battery Powered Camping Lights LED Super Bright Collapsible Flashlight Portable Emergency Supplies Kit, A4BK : Sports & Outdoors

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
These look great- my battery powered lantern is not working,I check these things before hurricane season and completely forgot this year- glad to be reminded,I'd hate to be reminded in the dark!

Gonna get em- great price