What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmmm... A lot on my mind. Firstly is that 2022 is just a better year overall. Things could have been a lot worse, but I've been dealing with a lot for almost two years now. I'm really hoping some of it settles down this year. If things don't settle down I am hoping I learn to deal with it all better than I have been.

I'm wondering if the sun will ever come out so I can work on some outdoor lights.

I'm wondering if my mother's recycling was ever picked up so I can go to her house and wheel the bin back in.

I'm wondering how long it will take me to make up new 2022 threads. :crazy:

Happy New Year, everyone!

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you start one on people's resolutions yet?😄
So let's see...
I'm piddling time away because I have to some watercolor for cards I design; and my husband is still sleeping. I'm a distance away, but don't want to wake him all the same. He watches dumb shows.😥 By the way, put on Fatman for him last night & he loved it! Good Mel Gibson movie.
I'm pretty much left wondering.... What next? In general with my cats. It seems age has caught up to many of mine. Lost a cat 3 weeks ago. The other month had 2 diagnosed with problems. Hyperthyroidism & kidney failure. 2 weeks after my Cancer kitty passed, one of my older ones that has always had IBD was diagnosed with the same Cancer as last. So yeah. At this point it just feels like... What next?
I'm wondering when my husband's going to stop snoring and give me a good night's rest without the assistance of Ambien.🙄
And wondering if I'm EVER going to start that etsy shop for my art like my husband nagged me to do almost 2yrs ago.😂

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby slept through fireworks. In fact, I made it to midnight and still got almost 7 hours of sleep because baby went down again fairly quickly the few times she woke up. So not a bad start to the year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pigs in a Blanket is a good breakfast when you’re eating breakfast at 1:30 in the afternoon right? I have a can of cinnamon rolls in the fridge I intended for today but my fingers aren’t up to it.

The burns on my fingers are healing but the new skin is tender. Its also pretty annoying coming off like this. DH just caught up on the dishwashing I’ve not been able to do. DD had done a little.

LilosFanClub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So let's see...
I'm piddling time away because I have to some watercolor for cards I design; and my husband is still sleeping. I'm a distance away, but don't want to wake him all the same. He watches dumb shows.😥 By the way, put on Fatman for him last night & he loved it! Good Mel Gibson movie.
I'm pretty much left wondering.... What next? In general with my cats. It seems age has caught up to many of mine. Lost a cat 3 weeks ago. The other month had 2 diagnosed with problems. Hyperthyroidism & kidney failure. 2 weeks after my Cancer kitty passed, one of my older ones that has always had IBD was diagnosed with the same Cancer as last. So yeah. At this point it just feels like... What next?
I'm wondering when my husband's going to stop snoring and give me a good night's rest without the assistance of Ambien.🙄
And wondering if I'm EVER going to start that etsy shop for my art like my husband nagged me to do almost 2yrs ago.😂
Firstly, I’m so sorry for your loss and for the health challenges with you are going through with your other kitties. I’m sending warm thoughts your way ♥
I’m sure you could use some rest, so hopefully your husband’s snoring can hit the brakes. But, I’d love to see some of your art if you’re open to sharing some pictures 🥰

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat food rant. I don’t know how those of you with more than a couple cats are doing it but trying to keep cat food on hand right now is just so frustrating. Can’t find more than a couple days worth on store shelves so I switched to Chewy and now just when I am running low and due for an order it’s out of stock. Found a supply of Nutro on Amazon and hopefully it will arrive on time but I guess I have going to have to go the pandemic toilet paper route and keep several months supply on hand.

And on a more positive note I should be finished today with the last of 15 kitty quilts I sewed and have an appointment to drop them off at the shelter on Tuesday.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So let's see...
I have been selling on Etsy for seven years so let me know if you need any pointers or help getting your shop set up.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my local vape shop is able to brew some custom eliquids for me at the lower nocotine levels i want soi feel like i will have an easier time of reaching my goal to cut all nicotine outta my life soon my mouth is all healed now i think bottom denture works fine :lol: :lol:tested things out yesterday on a fresh doughnut and coffee

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I tried to set one up many years ago but neither of us knew how to make the required banner.
If you want to start a shop, Etsy’s process takes you through every step. The hardest parts are coming up with a name that hasn’t been used before. You need to be proficient at taking and editing pictures and have a plan for how you will ship and the materials you will need. Message me of you want some help.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been selling on Etsy for seven years so let me know if you need any pointers or help getting your shop set up.
Oh my gosh,Yes please & thank you! 😂
I've tried reading articles and all three info gets your eyes glazing over after a while. Truth be told, I could start a shop up right now. I have enough to put up, I mostly do cards. Problem is 2 things. 1-I'm afraid I'll go from people praising me and living my cards (for free, family & close friends) & 2-Theft.😥 I've looked all over and not seen anything like what I make. But I've seen a lot of sellers on etsy steal art and turn around and sell it as their own. That is really going to suck & I hate to think of my special little thing being sold as originals by others.:/ But yes please! I could use any tips possible. Any profits (haha) I'm able to make are going into fund the rescue work we do. We're down to 11 right now (with 7 having medical conditions) and also do wildlife rescue too.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat food rant. I don’t know how those of you with more than a couple cats are doing it but trying to keep cat food on hand right now is just so frustrating. Can’t find more than a couple days worth on store shelves so I switched to Chewy and now just when I am running low and due for an order it’s out of stock. Found a supply of Nutro on Amazon and hopefully it will arrive on time but I guess I have going to have to go the pandemic toilet paper route and keep several months supply on hand.

And on a more positive note I should be finished today with the last of 15 kitty quilts I sewed and have an appointment to drop them off at the shelter on Tuesday.
Once you find 2 or 3 places that sell the foods your cats eat, you stock up for about 1-2 months. It's quite expensive, but in the past we had the same problem you speak of. We go through: Chewy, PetsMart, & Wal-Mart. Much like tp after that crisis, we now keep lots of extra in case of emergencies.😊

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to start a shop, Etsy’s process takes you through every step. The hardest parts are coming up with a name that hasn’t been used before. You need to be proficient at taking and editing pictures and have a plan for how you will ship and the materials you will need. Message me of you want some help.
Thank you for the offer, but that was quite some years ago when my sister was crafting. We looked into it, but one of the requirements was to create a banner. Neither of us were able to figure that out, so we gave it up. She is not crafting now the way she used to because her eyesight isn't as good. And I'm not good enough at the things I do to think about selling them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh,Yes please & thank you! 😂
I've tried reading articles and all three info gets your eyes glazing over after a while. Truth be told, I could start a shop up right now. I have enough to put up, I mostly do cards. Problem is 2 things. 1-I'm afraid I'll go from people praising me and living my cards (for free, family & close friends) & 2-Theft.😥 I've looked all over and not seen anything like what I make. But I've seen a lot of sellers on etsy steal art and turn around and sell it as their own. That is really going to suck & I hate to think of my special little thing being sold as originals by others.:/ But yes please! I could use any tips possible. Any profits (haha) I'm able to make are going into fund the rescue work we do. We're down to 11 right now (with 7 having medical conditions) and also do wildlife rescue too.
Yes, theft of ideas is a real problem on Etsy. Definitely has happened with my product which is or was unique when I first opened my shop.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:just now i learned that womens shoes defy logic the 2 new pairs of shoes she got these lil half boot looking things"booties" or what ever they are called:lol:turns out one is no good for keeping your feet dry cause it has these holes/slits etc. but look "cute"(according to her)while the other doesnt they both look the same to me:lol:so now i am scratching my head wondering why would you buy shoes that dont keep your feet dryan protect em etc.i love the gf an all but she really makes no sense to me alot of times:rolleyes3::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.