What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No; sometimes it's filtered using bone charcoal, so that wouldn't count as vegan. Yes, the sugar itself is vegan but not the purifying process.
Yeah, I used to work with a vegan and she was very strict about sugar. Even milk and egg free sweet things were off limits if she didn't know about the sugar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UM....isn't ALL sugar vegan, or did I miss something?
There could be milk in the dessert.

There's an inside joke in our friend group consisting of the line: "I want to be a vegan but it's just tooooo haaaaard
It is hard, they don't eat cheese, honey, milk and are strict about beauty products.

She's discovered the cats' water fountain.
What a good little helper...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What do they use in place of the dairy in it? I wonder if I would like vegan dessert, since I don't like regular dessert much.
I doubt it. A lot of “alternate” treats seem to have more sugar in them, which makes them sweeter but not necessarily better than regular. But sure can’t hurt to try some.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I CAUGHT HIM! He was nice enough to eat close to me and I slowly loaded him up with beef treats until he trusted me enough to let me pet him while he eats. I grabbed his neck back and then his body and dragged him inside. He's behind my desk in the living room now. But I have no cage or extra carrier.
20220308_211402.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work from home. At lunchtime, I went into the bathroom to wash my hands. I always keep that door closed. After I washed my hands I went into the kitchen to warm my lunch. Lilith was laying on the kitchen floor near the hall. I had to walk right past her. She got up and started yelling at the closed bathroom door. I called to her that I was in the kitchen. She came into the kitchen to scold me for trying to trick her. I gave her some leftover turkey. She forgave me. :rolleyes2: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.