muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the itch to redecorate the top of my kitchen cabinets. I have a ton of fall and Christmas stuff. At our old house I had the kitchen decorated with chili peppers and I still had some of the décor up that I had back then. But after Christmas I decided not to put it all back up; so now that it's almost spring I'm feeling blah about my usual décor and the empty look. The old house had tan walls with earthy red, yellow and green. Here my walls are also a sandy tan color; but with a dark purple and copper accents. So they really aren't with my current scheme anyway. Except for the glass eggplant I had in a basket with glass peppers. :rolleyes2:

I have a few oil rubbed bronze colored lanterns and the curtain and cabinet hardware is also that oil rubbed bronze. But I'm not sure what else I want. Maybe some colored glass bottles or something like that would be fun. As long as they aren't hard to dust right? :rolleyes2: I'm hoping this week I will have some time to go through things I've tucked away. We got rid of a lot of stuff with a garage sale; but I know kept some things I still liked. I might be able to satisfy this itch without actually spending money. :crazy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have the itch to redecorate the top of my kitchen cabinets.
Same, but it's the ledge in my breezeway over the closet -

IMG_4145.jpg

Most of the things have been up there since I put then there over 15 years ago! You need a stepladder to get to it. I have a lot of other projects that should be done first though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a good morning. We had rain and then snow overnight, maybe three or four inches. Not a problem in itself but the darn snowplow threw literally several feet of super wet roadway slush in my driveway. Even with the 8hp snowblower I couldn’t get through it all so now I will have a permanently narrowed driveway until it melts. Could be a week a couple months, you don’t know.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a good morning. We had rain and then snow overnight, maybe three or four inches. Not a problem in itself but the darn snowplow threw literally several feet of super wet roadway slush in my driveway. Even with the 8hp snowblower I couldn’t get through it all so now I will have a permanently narrowed driveway until it melts. Could be a week a couple months, you don’t know.
I'm pretty sure my County doesn't even own a snowplow because it's never used.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son bought me a game called Phasmophobia so he, his friends and I could play together. The idea is that you are a 'ghost hunter' and you have to get evidence via the usual stuff (emf, spirit box, photo, etc.) and determine what type of spirit it is. If you guess right, you get money to buy better equipment. The thing is, in this game, spirits are real and they can kill you.
Also in this game, the spirit can react to your questions (you need a headset with a microphone). So you're walking through a house, looking for evidence and asking the spirit 'to show us a sign' or something, and it may or may not respond with a cold spot or high emf. It's really cool technology on this game.

I do not believe in ghosts or spirits. I sometimes watch ghost hunting shows for the entertainment value though.
I never realized how stupid it must feel to walk through a house and ask questions like "how old are you", "how did you die", "show us a sign of your presence", . I feel like an idiot doing this.
But it's a fun game

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I detangled, washed, blow dried, and cut my hair yesterday. I was a little heavy with the scissors this time because I've been neglecting my ends due to being busy. May last year, it was only a few inches past my shoulders, when I blow it out yesterday, it was a couple inches past my armpit. I've cut it back to armpit length and will try to take better care of my ends. It seems to have more body compared to last year? I can't tell. Wondering if I should do a protein treatment. I have a bottle of some but it's old. I haven't used it in years.
Hair.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I detangled, washed, blow dried, and cut my hair yesterday. I was a little heavy with the scissors this time because I've been neglecting my ends due to being busy. May last year, it was only a few inches past my shoulders, when I blow it out yesterday, it was a couple inches past my armpit. I've cut it back to armpit length and will try to take better care of my ends. It seems to have more body compared to last year? I can't tell. Wondering if I should do a protein treatment. I have a bottle of some but it's old. I haven't used it in years.
View attachment 412937
It definitely looks fuller this year. As far as deep conditioner, most hair needs it periodically. I like the Aussie 3 minute Miracle. Inexpensive and you can use it as a deep conditioner or as an every shampoo conditioner. I think is is pretty much just thick coconut oil.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had some traumatic hair cuts that WEREN'T done by me. So I won't even try! I have one friend who has a ton of curly hair and does a great job trimming it herself. I had a hard enough time cutting DS's hair during the pandemic! :lol:

Your hair does look fuller. My hair changes a bit with the weather. I feel like as I've gotten a little older the texture is changing too. There's more curl; it's a bit more unruly. I tend to style it less though so maybe that's part of it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started putting my hair up in a ponytail every morning after my shower. That's so weird, because I hate ponytails! I've worn my hair down my entire life. But my nerves are so bad now, I can't stand to have my hair in the way. It seems like I can't do anything with it in the way, or even wash my hands or do housework. I don't know if this is just a phase or permanent.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother's birthday is coming up and she's also retiring soon; so it's a big year! I'm trying to order her a custom photo bracelet with my Grandparent's wedding picture on it. But I also found these really beautiful bracelets made from seed beads that say "I'll see you in Heaven" in morse code. I know she would love both. I've been trying to make a decision for WEEKS but it's just way too hard.

I was thinking I could try to make the bead one; or add a charm or something with the saying to the photo bracelet. (DD is into beading.) Every time I look it just gets so overwhelming I have to stop. :sweat:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm calling yogurt officially a fail, but I'm not even upset about it since passing butter means I won't have to try muffins with J again, and opens up my diet somewhat. We can try melted cheese in a couple weeks since the proteins are broken down at about the same place as yogurt, and they can be swapped on the dairy ladder I'm using, but I expect to fail that too, honestly. I still feel like we won.

Also, these arrived today.
20220307_164755.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do they use in place of the dairy in it? I wonder if I would like vegan dessert, since I don't like regular dessert much.
Here are the ingredients.
20220308_091209.jpg
20220308_091201.jpg

I'm trying to get J to practice drinking water oout of a little cup, but she prefers to dump it out on her high chair tray and splash in it instead. At least she's having fun.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to reschedule an in-person learning session nat he Apple Store, for Wednesday.

A very young, female State Trooper was killed over the weekend. She was pulling her car over to help a motorist, on the side of the road. An Oil Trailer hit her car, killing her... So Sad.... She was so young, and such a kind person.... She wanted to be a State Trooper...

The Wake and the Funeral will be held at My Church. It is the largest one in the area. Expecting First responder from all over the country, and many dignitaries.

The church is a couple miles from where I live. The surrounding streets are being blocked at 2pm for the viewing;
and at 9am Wednesday for the Funeral.

This part of the City will be a gridlock. The church is on a major street, with 2 small highways surrounding it...

I can get out by going the other way, through another city, but I fear that route will also be gridlocked.

So sad....

I guess I will pay my respects by watching the funeral on TV.. It is too far for me to walk--plus it will be mobbed

I drove by the Church at 9am. The Department of Transportation was already there with a truck full of orange cones...

😢😿

Status
Not open for further replies.