What's going on with me

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Is dad allowed to give me spending money if I'm on Food Stamps? I got them, but I haven't spent them yet. I didn't get the welfare money part of it. That's much harder to qualify for. I have to do a billion things and have it returned to them all within 10 days!!! That's impossible right now. I'm not well enough for all that. They also wanted me to meet with a job recruiter and get papers notarized, meet with a doctor and get a note. All that will take time, since my doctor moved away. I told her to go ahead and close my case and I will try to get on disability instead.
If your dad wants to 'gift' you money that is between you and him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if she's had it yet. Oh heck no, we can't open the windows!!! It's in the 20s here!!!
Maybe it will be warmer by Wednesday. But just make sure she knows you're sick, likely with Covid, and let her make the decision whether she wants to be around you or not. If it were me, I'd be avoiding you till all your sniffy symptoms were gone. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never tested positive, my Mom did. So I just figured I had it. She is really sick. I only got that annoying runny nose. So it could just be a bad cold from this insane weather. I wish this cold weather would go away. I'm chilled to the bone and can't get warm.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never tested positive, my Mom did. So I just figured I had it.
Do you have any at-home tests? You can get them at any pharmacy. Even though they're not foolproof it helps to have them handy. Hope you warm up soon and everything works out when you're supposed to pick up your friend this week. :vibes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any at-home tests?
I think we have some, but I don't know where they are, since everything got moved for the remodeling. The sniffles are almost gone.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Headed to therapy and probably meds at their other building. I'm leaving a little early because I haven't driven in years and I'm not good with directions. It's a small town, but it's still pretty good size, easy to get lost. I have to go over to Mom's too, she has to sign tax papers for dad. She said she would wear gloves and stick her hand out the door, while I wait on the porch, since she had Covid for sure. I want to stop for a cappuccino somewhere too, and maybe get a takeout calzone/stromboli from a restaurant or take and bake pasta from the grocery store. Not sure if I should even use my food stamps for the take and bake pasta. They are so strict, dad can't even give me spending money. I'd rather have the spending money and give them back their food stamps. I'll ask my therapist about going on disability instead today.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a smartphone now, I suggest the Waze app. It usually gives me pretty good directions.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow my mind told me where to go, even though I haven't driven in 20 years. Main Street went into North Main, and then mom's street just happened to be off to the side. Everything was so easy. I stopped at Mobil & Stewart's, but neither sells cappuccino. So I got a Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino at a deli for only $1.59! I was surprised they still had Pumpkin Spice in March. I also got a veggie sammich on Wheat. They added chips & a pickle and raised their prices. I would rather just have the sammich at $4 something. That was a bargain.

Therapy went well. He had me do breathing and muscle relaxing exercises. He had me write down my goals and wants me to keep a log on handwashing at home vs. when I'm out and about in town. I don't get my meds until April 3. Everything takes so long!
They gave me a list of 3 female doctors to choose from, since mine moved away. One is my mom and my cousin's doctor. One is my childhood friend's doctor. The other I don't know. Hard to choose! Maybe I'll choose the most convenient location. Ha!

He forgot to tell me when my next therapy session is. I called him and I'm waiting for him to call me back. I got gas for the 1st time by myself at Sunoco. That was comical! I pulled up to the wrong side of my SUV. I didn't even remember what side the gas tank is on! Then I didn't know how to pay in cash. So I used my debit card. Then I called my brother on my cell phone to ask if it clears my info so nobody can steal it. He said I could have paid cash inside.

I went over to mom's to have her sign those tax papers for dad. She said she tested negative for Covid today. She looked like heck though! She must have been really sick. She wants me to take her shopping for clothes at JCPenney when she's feeling better. We will probably go out to lunch too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They gave me a list of 3 female doctors to choose from, since mine movedaway. One is my mom and my cousin's doctor. One is my childhood friend's doctor. The other I don't know. Hard to choose!
I would not advise going to your mom or cousin's doctor, too close for comfort. 😉 Either pick your friend's doctor or the one you don't know. You can also do a search to look up their educational/medical background and then decide.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not advise going to your mom or cousin's doctor, too close for comfort. 😉 Either pick your friend's doctor or the one you don't know.
Yeah, mom's doctor is a little ways out. The other two choices are right by the hospital, so when I get bloodwork, that would be convenient. I really like having a female doctor.

I am picking my friend up at 10:15am tomorrow after she drops her truck off to be fixed in town. Then we are going to Dunkin. She doesn't like coffee, so she is getting a chai latte. Then we are going for Calzone or Stromboli for lunch at a deli downtown. Then probably go to Walmart. Not sure how long it will take her truck to get fixed, so I will try to get all my chores done before I leave, so I don't have to worry about what time I get back.

Mom wanted me to take her to her doctors at 12:30pm, but I told her I can't. I really have to be reliable for my friend this time. So my dad offered to take her in his truck. Her roommate will be gone, taking her brother for a dental appointment 2 hours away.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how many tests she took. She wants me to take her shopping at JCPenney for clothes Friday and out to lunch, and grocery shopping. My brother has her car and she said she needs a break from her roommate. Grass ain't always greener, eh? :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Met my friend at the car shop today. I was half an hour early! I found the street just fine. I seem to have a good sense of direction, I always end up where I'm supposed to be somehow!

We went to Dunkin. I got a Vanilla Latte, but I forgot to say HOT. They gave me iced, but they remade it and let us keep the mistake. My friend got a large iced vanilla chai latte.

Then we went for fried calzones at a deli in town. They were really good! The bottled water cost $2.50 though! Next time I will ask if they have tap water behind the counter! She insisted on paying for everything!

We also went to Walmart. She was going to show me how to use my food stamps card, since she used to work at social services, but the self checkout machine asked me for a pin number and I never set one up. So I used my debit card. I got instant dark roast coffee and some Kirk's vegan bar soap.

She also had to go to the DMV and then she drove me past all 3 of my doctor choices. My mom & cousin's doctor was a bit far out for my liking. My cousin doesn't like one of the doctors near the hospital. So that leaves my friend's doctor across from the hospital, she is at my old doctor's office. Also my surgeon for my abdomen was there until he moved away too. So I know the building well.

I stopped at Sunoco on the way home for a vanilla cappuccino. It was only $1.50! I had to stop at 2 different ones because the cappuccino machine was broken at one. Weird that there are 2 Sunoco's on Main Street.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out with another high school friend today. She bought me a mini pizza roll at an Italian restaurant in town. We also got coffee at that deli I went to before. I got English Toffee Cappuccino this time, she got some type of flavored regular coffee, vanilla mocha caramel I think.

We also went to BJs and Walmart. I saw some really amazing looking bakery type sammich bread at BJ's. It was huge! I'll have to go back for it when I set up a pin for my food stamps.

I thought I lost my phone, but it fell out of my pocket in my friend's truck! So I had to drive over and get it. Stopped at a local convenience store and got a York Peppermint Cappuccino. Also stopped at the Dollar General and looked around. They had Instant Espresso, but I'll go back for it later.

Taking mom shopping tomorrow and she's buying me brunch.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it go when your dad took your mom for her doctor appointment this week?
It went okay. He said mom sent him to Home Depot for a bunch of fancy cleaners that he couldn't find, so he had to ask an assistant for help. :lol:

Leaving here shortly to pick up mom. She is buying me brunch and then probably go for coffee. Then clothes shopping & groceries. It will be a long day! ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom took me out for brunch at her favorite cafe in town. We had omelets, I had the veggie one with ketchup. I told them I didn't want the toast or homefries because I couldn't bring it home, since we were spending the day shopping. I don't know if they charged me less, since mom paid. Ha! Sometimes they take a dollar or two off if I don't order the sides.

Then mom bought me a Vanilla Cappuccino at that deli I like. Then we went clothes shopping at JCPenney. Mom bought a pair of pants. There was only one pair of jeans in the entire store for tall people! I tried them on. They were really nice, but they were Flare. I never tried on a pair like that, they fit like a glove, but they flared out way too much at the bottom cuffs. I knew I would trip on them. I prefer bootcut or regular. But glad I got to try them, I was always curious about what Flare jeans would look like. They reminded me of why I love Levi's jeans, they feel so good on!

Then we went to TJ Maxx. I got jalapeno cornbread chips and Cinnamon Dolce syrup for coffee. I love cornbread, so I bet the chips will be great! I was gonna get honey butter flavor, but when I saw the jalapeno spicy flavor, I had to get that instead. The coffee syrup was $3.99. That seemed like a good price I think.

We went to another clothing store. Label something, I forget the exact name. They had a lot of cute dresses, but I don't really wear dresses.

Then we went to Price Chopper. Mom got a bunch of gluten free groceries. I didn't get anything because I called the number on the back of my foods stamps card, but it said it had been disonnected! It's a brand new card! I can't win with these people, I'm about to give up. It has been a horrible experience. I applied in January and here it is March. Everything went wrong.

On the way home I stopped at the same deli and got a Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino. They charged me $1.75 for the morning one and $1.50 for the evening one. Weird! Also got a veggie sammich on white bread to go. Told them I didn't want the chips and pickle spear on the side, and the price seemed to go down from last time, I think.

Mom hated my driving! She gripped her seat and shouted out orders the entire time. Even in the parking lot! I said mom, I'm in the parking lot, the car hasn't even moved yet! :lol: She had me take all these little side streets that I don't know. My brother and I always just take Main Street and turn off at the various restaurants, stores, and coffee shops.